Old 03-03-2004, 10:38 AM   #31  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Thanks everyone for the WELCOME BACK. I missed all of you

Jen - you guys will work through it. It will be hard at first, but what is love if you don't have tests?

Tanya - I know what you mean about the motivation thing. When I'm stressed I don't want to workout and that is the time when I need to workout the most. Recently I've been pushing myself to exercise and afterwards I feel much better.

Holly - Woo hoo Holly on 12 days OP!!
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:41 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

so, i feel pretty good about myself... i lost 5 of those pesky 9 pounds i put on these past two months. as much as i'd liked to have broken even... you can't lose 9 in one week. that's just not possibe. in fact, 5 is a HUGE thing for me. i lose 1 a week when i'm on track. really.

so here's to day 13... ad my first meeting of OA. i'm going tonight, wish me luck!
gonzostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 12:27 PM   #33  
Divine Gal

WTG Holly

Can I go back to bed now?
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 03:57 PM   #34  

I never thought I would say this, but I'm really disappointed that I can't go to the gym today. I've been doing so well with my training lately. I ran (or ran/walked) 15 miles last week and was shooting for 16 this week. I even got up and went for a jog before class yesterday.

Unfortunately, I totally wiped out about half a mile from finishing my jog, I scraped both knees and one of my hands really badly and my knees are so swollen that walking is uncomfortable. I've put off my next long run until I'm more mobile and am going to do upper body strength training with a heavily bandaged hand just to so something.

I just don't want to stop, I feel so good when I am working out a lot and the running has been doing great things to my body. I noticed new definition in my quads, I have had definition on the outside of my leg for a while, but my inner thighs are finally starting to shape up. I'm hoping to be back on track very soon, I don't want all of my new muscles turning to mush.
katia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 04:18 PM   #35  

holly - Thanks for the compliments on my website. I just updated it some more last night. Having a website keeps me organized which is the only way I will make it through this planning. Planning a wedding sounds really fun (and mostly it is), but wow.. the TODO list is HUGE!

jen - That cake sounds soooooo good. I'm sorry to hear that its a 10 week internship. You two will make it through it though.. it just will take extra effort to stay connected.

Ok.. motivation is high today. Hopefully you will see a workout post from me later.
tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:50 PM   #36  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Yummy - just finished my dinner of spinach and lf ricotta manicotti. Strawberries tossed with a teeny bit of sugar for dessert... you know this diet thing ain't so bad! I'm pleased with my loss for the week. Today is my 14th day on plan - 2 whole weeks!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 02:10 PM   #37  
Divine Gal

TOM is coming in a day or two...But I am doing so well I hope TOM don't screw this up for me...
Old 03-04-2004, 04:15 PM   #38  
Movin' and Losin'

Lynnie: I've noticed you've been doing great with exercise. Good job! TOM can be hard to deal with in terms of both eating and exercising for me. I used to think, "Oh, it's OK if you eat this or that or don't exercise because it's TOM." But, I've come to realize that it was just an excuse to eat everything and not exercise! If you do get extra munchies around TOM, try to always have something healthy on hand. Also, try to keep up your exercise. Just think of it as another week, and keep doing what you've been doing. You're doing great!!!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 04:26 PM   #39  
Big-time loser

Yeah, I've read in a couple of places that you burn more calories (100-300/day) during that time - so keeping up with eating and exercising and taking in the water can really give you an extra push EVERY MONTH! That's why we get the munchies, our body's are using more energy. So let's all be grateful that we're women, eh? I'm there right now too and can feel the craving for extra food - I feed it baby carrots and sf fudgiscles - not exactly what it wants, but I don't like having to rely on an excuse every month or even every two weeks! You'll make it!
Old 03-04-2004, 08:09 PM   #40  
Fey Druss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenicra
) Then my fiance calls to tell me he got the internship that he wanted. I'm trying to be happy for him. Really, I am. But it's 5+ hrs. away. It's not even in the same %&$# state! I don't know all the details right now (exact location/time frame/hours worked/days off/wages) but I already know it's going to be a challenge --- even if we weren't planning our freaking wedding!
Jen, FWIW, my fiance and I are living 3000 miles apart, in different COUNTRIES due to professional stuff for the next 2.5 YEARS (started Sept03). We manage to see each other every few months for a conjugal weekend visit, but it sucks. It really sucks. But we both really want each other to be successful, and right now success means not being in the same place. He would never forgive himself if I gave up once-in-a-lifetime opportunities because of him, and vice versa.

I get a total of about two months with him a year if I'm lucky, all spread out, but we talk on the phone and e-mail every day. And hey, try wedding planning from a different country for 800 guests in another culture--agh!

I guess what I'm saying is that this too, shall pass. It sounds like an amazing opportunity for him, and you're proud of him (rightly so). The distance isn't insurmountable, and it'll be over before you know it.
feydruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:06 PM   #41  
Big-time loser

Thanks Fey - that's amazing! I'm glad to hear that you're able to work it out though. That's got to be stressful.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:08 PM   #42  
Divine Gal

Well TOM arrived and I still exercised...But I way pooped now...I need a hot shower and a nap!! I am so proud of you ladies with all the exercise and losses...It looks like we are doing great...Let's keep it up
Old 03-05-2004, 04:34 PM   #43  
comeback member

Hello girls!

I started this thread and did not even had time to participate! Busy me...

A really fun thing is happening to me. On my signature that I made up in May of last year, I wrote <please let me be a size 12 again>... Well I am a comfortable size 12 right now!! I might even squeeze in a size 10. I never ever wore a size 10 in my life...It is very funny to think that when I was 240 pounds, my goal was to be a size 12 and I was wondering if it would even happen. I'm just happy. And I am thanking you girls once again! You are all a source of inspiration!

I am really glad to notice that everyone is doing well. Keep up the good work!

Sacha
bella sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 04:46 PM   #44  
Divine Gal

thats great Sacha.... Keep it up hun...
Old 03-05-2004, 05:03 PM   #45  
Big-time loser

Go Sacha - I'd love to be a size 12! I'm going clothes shopping with a friend tonight and am wondering what size I'll be wearing - my 20s are falling off my bum as we speak, and I can easily fit into some OLD 38 waisted pants of mine - I'm thinking I'll end up in an 18 and buying a 16 for some extra motivation. I can feel it coming!
Upped my strength training workout a bit today... I've been doing it religiously for the past month, and it was starting to get too easy. I was flexing in front of the mirror (dork alert! ) last night and I totally have big arm muscles hiding under a layer of ever-shrinking chub. You can actually see defined muscles! I'm amazed! Y'all can just call me Buff Jen from now on! LOL
I think I need to eat a few more calories per day - the scale's not changing despite my efforts, so I think my body's trying to tell me it's hungrier than my tummy is. So I'm going to try to get 1400 calories today. After so many days of "clean" eating (DAY 16, btw) it'll be a bit odd to try to eat MORE, but I think it'll help my body release those pesky pounds! Four more weigh-ins until April 1 and my motivation is still running high for some unknown reason!

Last edited by jenicra; 03-05-2004 at 07:00 PM.