Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 04:12 PM   #16  
Divine Gal

Jina I weigh in tonight also.So I am kinda nervous because last time I was up 2 lbs.

As for eating anything around Valentines day it could go one way or the other because that is the day we buried my grandfather last year.It will be a whole year on the 10th since his passing.I don't know how I am going react.I will try my best not to splurge.

As for sweets If I don't buy them then I have no worries.As far as if BIL buys them; sometimes its tempting.

Well I will catch yall later after WI.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:33 PM   #17  

I found out I have another day off tomorrow--still very icy here! So YAY for free days off in a row.
Lynnie & Jina, I really hope your weigh-ins tonight went well--will be looking forward to hearing about them.
I'm feeling so SNACKY tonight--ugh! Eating baked Doritos right now, in fact. I need something to keep my hands busy, I think. Maybe I should read a book or something....
Amy, I'm guessing you'll have the day off again tomorrow, too....judging from what I saw on the news just a bit ago. Enjoy your free time!
Old 01-26-2004, 09:07 PM   #18  
Movin' and Losin'

Well, my weigh-in definitely didn't go well, but I expected it. I gained... A LOT! In fact, I gained so much, I didn't even think it was physically possible. Apparently, it is. Anyway, I have my motivation back, and I'll lose this extra weight soon, and then get back to losing new pounds.

Enjoy your day off, Jen and Amy!!
Old 01-27-2004, 09:35 AM   #19  

Default Iced-in Tuesday....

Good morning to all! I'm at home again, we're all iced in until this afternoon...I haven't even been away from home (by car) since Sunday afternoon! DH & I did walk down the block to CVS yesterday, just to check out all the ice. Thankfully, DH brought me a couple movies (from his video job) last night, so I have entertainment for today! Gotta love that.
Let's make this a great day in which we make wise choices where eating & exercise are concerned. We can do it!
Old 01-28-2004, 12:46 AM   #20  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Hello everybody! Gosh, I'm so busy right now. Sounds like you east-coasters are getting the snow and ice and frigid weather we had a couple of weeks ago! Well, I've been off-track for the past few days, but I'm digging back in hardcore tomorrow. I've planned my meals and exercise for the next week and made up a checklist to keep me on-track. I needed some extra motivation, so I'm hoping this will do the trick. Weigh-in tomorrow morning to see if my weekend/early-week eating blitz has had any effect on my weight. I'm hoping for maintaining, but a pound or two gain wouldn't be the end of the world I suppose. I'd definately deserve it. So here's fresh (re-re-re-re-re)starts once more!
Old 01-28-2004, 05:29 AM   #21  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Jen, I'm so jealous of your weekend away with your Dh, and that Hershey bar sounds so good. I'm drooling now thinking about it. My DH should be home from Iraq for good shortly after Valentine's Day, can't wait!!! Lucky you, having all those days off.

Lynnie, i'm the same way, I try not to keep too many sweets in the house, but they do have a way of sneaking in. I love ice cream and I bought some slim fast chocolate ice cream sandwiches, they're only about 130 calories and 1.5 grams of fat, which is very doable.

I'm feeling pretty motivated lately because DH is due to come home soon. I've started using my treadmill again, and I'm working on a program that I found that will get you to run for 30 mins straight. I used to be an okay jogger before the kids, I'm sure I can get there again. Its snowing here again and it looks I'll have to go out and shovel again soon. Can't wait for Spring!!!
Old 01-28-2004, 09:42 AM   #22  

Good luck with your fresh start, jenicra! We all need those from time to time, no big deal. As long as we keep going, and pick ourselves up, it's all good!
Lori--I'm sure you must be motivated with your DH away but due to soon be home for good! I'm glad it won't be long for you now. My DH & I have been very spoiled as far as having lots of time together!
Well ladies, I'm off AGAIN today--that makes 3 days in a row! And it's all due to the ice crap we had. But, I'm not complaining, I have thorougly enjoyed these days off & don't mind a 2-day work week one bit! (-; Weeks like these really make my job extra-worthwhile. The days are PAID though I'm off, and since we're preschool, we don't have to make them up at the end of the school year! It's the best of both worlds.
Yesterday went lots better eating-wise, and exercise was great too. I'm aiming to make it 2 in a row! Today will be great too! Happy Wednesday.....
Old 01-28-2004, 10:28 AM   #23  

Hey ladies!
A third day off for me too!! This ice is nuts. I think it is finally melting today but there were so many people without power (lucky, not me!) so they closed schools again for today. I did lose my cable internet though which has been torture. Hehe. I finally figured out a way to dial in through the phone line. Ahhhhh

This being home all day is not really helping. I did go to the treadmill on Monday but I haven't done much else besides eat. Aargh. I am planning on calling Curves to see if they are open today. I need to do something or my butt will turn into the couch....

Amy
Old 01-28-2004, 03:39 PM   #24  
comeback member

Hello girls,

I hope everybody is doing well. I am doing alright. A little bit frustrated about the grade 6 girls but that's normal....Hormones are rushing in I guess!

And of course I am jealous of some ladies getting 3 days off this week! It snowed a lot here yesterday but I am working! Life isn't fair...*giggle*

My week is going very well once again. I am eating well and exercising a lot. I am planning to be at 170 at the end of February so I have to work hard!

talk to you all later!

Sacha
Old 01-28-2004, 04:14 PM   #25  
Movin' and Losin'

Wow! Three days off?!? I was lucky to get one every once in a great while... I hope you guys are living it up with your days off!

I've been on-track so far this week, which is a good feeling. Hopefully, I can make some progress on this pesky weight I put back on! I'm with you, Sacha! I'd love to be at 170 by the end of February. Good goal!

I'll be getting in some quality time on the glider tonight while watching "The Bachelorette." Looks like a good one! Anyone else excited??

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!

Take care,
Jina
Old 01-28-2004, 05:19 PM   #26  

I'm jealous of all the girls with the day off!
I've slipped on ice and fallen twice in the past week because it's so slick out, but I live in a cold, snowy city so it takes a LOT of snow in order for things to shut down.

I just called to try to make a reservation for this new restaurant my boyfriend and I wanted to try on Saturday night and they are all booked up! Frustrating, I guess we'll have to wait or call farther in advance next time. I'm trying to find something else interesting to try because we decided to forgo the law school "prom" this weekend in favor of a nice dinner together and I'm afraid I waited too long to get any reservations anywhere good.
Old 01-28-2004, 05:21 PM   #27  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Jdogg, you'll have to give me a update tomm. I have Microbiology tonight, so I'm going to miss it. I wish I could skip class, but need a good grade in there if I want to get into Nursing school.

This week is going by soooo slow, I hate that! Especially sitting here at work and the clock is just barely moving, I guess I need more to do...but isn't that what posting on this message board is for? LOL
Old 01-29-2004, 06:48 AM   #28  

Back to work this morning, finally...it's ROUGH getting back into routine when you've had it so easy, like I have! (-: And I'm sure I have LOTS of sympathy from you all, after my nice 5-day weekend! Hee hee.
But anyway, the reality is that today is my "Monday" and tomorrow is, in fact, Friday! So whoo-hoo! I bet those of you that have actually HAD a long, regular week are rejoicing all the more!
I watched a couple videos the past few days.....Uptown Girls, Chicago, and View from the Top. I liked them all--thought "View" was cute & fun, a good rental. I'm catching up on movies--seeing these all for the 1st time! I'm a bit behind.....
Well, breakfast & I'm off to work!
Old 01-29-2004, 11:45 AM   #29  
comeback member

Well Jina, let's do it together!

I know that right now i am lower than 180 because I took a look at the scale last Saturday ( I actually wanted to wait for this coming Saturday to weigh in) I do not weigh often because I am the obsessive kinda girl! My clothes and the way I feel psychologically are, for me, a better indicator of my weight loss. Anyway, I will get the real number next Saturday....

Have a good day everyone! The weekend is coming!

Sacha
Old 01-30-2004, 06:11 PM   #30  

Katia--did you ever find a place for you & your boyfriend to dine tommorrow night? I hope it all worked out in a satisfactory way. (-;
How's everyone doing? I'm glad it's Friday (though with my 3 days off, I don't really "deserve" one!).....I'll enjoy it nonetheless!
DH is at his video job & I'm going on my weekly grocery shopping trip in a bit. Have to pick up a prescription first....just a nice, slow, lazy night. Gotta love those!
Our ice is finally pretty much *gone* and now the South can breathe a big sigh of relief & get back to normal. (-;
Hope everyone's looking forward to a GREAT weekend!
Closed Thread