Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 10:04 PM   #1  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Question Why?

There are ice cream sandwiches in my freezer right now. They're low-fat, low-cal (Skinny cow - have you tried these - SO good!) I had one tonight. I want the other 5. But I'm refusing to go back in there. Why? Why am I doing this? It's not very fun. I really like food. Until recently, I thought I hated exercizing (now I actually kind of enjoy it). So why am I doing this? What is my motivation? I'm going to think about it - and answer my own question later... but how about the rest of us? Why are we putting ourselves through this? What is your motivation to lose weight?
Old 01-14-2004, 11:44 PM   #2  
... trying this again.

Talking

Oh yeah! Those are good!!! I'm adicted to the "Guilt Free" Rocky Road ice cream... at only 90 cals a servings I treat myself every night and if I've been good I get two servings! lol
Old 01-15-2004, 07:35 AM   #3  

I'm doing this for HEALTH, #1. I want healthy pregnancies and good health as I grow older. I also want to look & feel as good as I possibly can! And that's the short version of it. (-;
Old 01-15-2004, 09:20 AM   #4  
anna banana

I think we're doing it because we're tired of sacrificing our future for present pleasure. Before, it was: Buy Now. Pay Later.
Now, it's: Bargains (calorie bargains, that is), Savings-- Finance your future.
I am working for my future self. I have finally learned that my bedtime snack takes five minutes to eat, but I'll feel fat all day tomorrow. It may be painful to exercise now, there may be something good (i.e. trashy on tv), but after I work out the pain will go away and I will be happier than I would be with only the guilt of NOT working out, and the vague memories of whatever swill they're showing us these days.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:14 AM   #5  
Movin' and Losin'

I'm just tired of being fat. I'm tired of being restricted by what I can wear. I want to be able to wear a bathing suit and go out on the beach and enjoy myself, not cover myself up in shame. I want to not feel like people are looking at me because I'm big. I want to be in shape and be active. And, even though sometimes I stumble, I know this is so much more important to me than dessert!
Old 01-15-2004, 11:37 AM   #6  
Head Princess

I've got a whole list of reasons

* I don't like the way I look
* I can't wear the kinds of clothes that I like
* I want to be a police officer and therefore must be able to pass a physical test and stay in good enough shape to deal with the bad guys
* I want to have babies (eventually) and know it will be easier if I start out healthy and in good shape
* I want a butt that looks good in a thong

This is certainly worth it to me!
Old 01-15-2004, 11:53 AM   #7  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

1. Tired of being overweight, and seeing girls my age that look great and think to myself one day I'll be skinny......well, it's not going to happen if I don't do something about it, like put down the chips and hit the track

2. After a work out, most of the time, I feel really great, proud and sore I love waking up and my muscles are a little sore, makes me feel like I really did something good.
3. I want to be looking hot, hot, hot for spring break in my bikini

4. I know that it is benficial to my health now, and for my future

5. I'm looking for a fit guy, so I'm sure he will expect me to fit as well....

age 25, 5'11
sw 201
cw 168
gw 150
Old 01-15-2004, 03:28 PM   #8  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Everyone has great reasons!

1. I feel healthy, but I want to look healthy too!
2. I want my wedding photos to be something I'm proud to display!
3. I want to be at a reasonable, healthy weight when it's time for pregnancies and babies - and be able to keep up with the munchkins too!
4. Losing this weight is really REWARDING - I hope it will feel like this when I'm maintaining.

Oh, and Star, I don't think ANY butt looks good in a thong - but good luck trying...
Old 01-15-2004, 04:24 PM   #9  
Head Princess

LOL - Thanks Jenicra! I'll be happy if I can get good muscle tone and no dimples
Old 01-15-2004, 04:35 PM   #10  

My reasons for doing this...

1. I want to avoid some of the health problems that people in my family have by getting my weight under control NOW and then kepping it under control for life

2. I was tired of being the fat friend, most of my friends were between a size 0 and a size 8 and I could barely fit into a size 14. Going to the beach or on vacation or shopping or anything was embarrassing for me.

3. I applied for law school at the same time I started trying to lose weight (November, 2001). I had 8 months to get healthier and thinner before I started school. No one there had seen me as a heavy 20-something or as an underweight teenager, I had the chance to make a fresh start!
Closed Thread