Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 10:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

Default Weekly chatting thread, Jan 7 - 11

Welcome back everyone! it was a major crash, and i heard we'd lose EVERYTHING, so i am pretty impressed we have back to november.

now we need to just jump right back in where we were.

how is everyone?
Old 01-07-2004, 12:43 PM   #2  
Movin' and Losin'

Glad we're back, too!

Things are going well here. I lost a pound when I weighed in on Monday, so that always makes things wonderful!

Not much else is going on around here... just work! Oh, by the way, Holly, have you started your new, full-time job? How's it going? Are you still working at Blockbuster?

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!
Old 01-07-2004, 01:30 PM   #3  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Wow, this is crazy....I feel sorry for the girls, glad that they were able to already get back up and running...who would think something like this would happen....but I guess that is just technology for ya...reminds us every once and awhile that the computers have a mind of their own somethimes....
Old 01-07-2004, 04:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Welcome back everyone! Yeah, definitely happy that it wasn't a total crash, i.e. we still have up to November...that's not so very long ago.

Did you start the new job, Holly? How does it seem so far?

It's very cold here ... like minus a million degrees or something that feels roughly close to that. I'm hoping that I won't have any problems starting my car tomorrow morning to get over to work.

I can't remember what I posted before the crash (I suppose we could call it 'BC' for Before Crash) , but holidays were good, Texas was great for the first week, then the second week I was back in Montreal but had 3 visitors over the course of the week, two of whom I don't get to see very often, so that was especially nice.

I have received two separate emails this week from the library, both saying that I have lost their books and charging me oodles of money (the first one said I owed them $484 and the second says I owe them $160). The first email I resolved yesterday since I found the books on their shelves (right where they were supposed to be!!). Unfortunately for this second email, I can't find the book on their shelves but I *know* I brought it back as well (and besides, they've already shown their incompetence), so I am going now to try and deal with this one. Major pain! Hopefully they won't give me too much hassle.

I better go do that before I forget! Later, Julie.
Old 01-07-2004, 05:41 PM   #5  

I'm glad to be back on the board, too! I hope everyone's doing well this week.
My DH has started a new part-time job in addition to his current full-time job, so that's been a big adjustment for me. I'm not used to hardly ever seeing him! But tonight he doesn't work the 2nd job, so YAY--we get to be together!!! I'm going to try to use all my new-found alone time to better myself in various ways--I have to embrace this or I'll just fight it the whole way--not a very mature outlook. I'm working on it!
Hope those of ya'll in TRULY cold weather (Being a born&raised midwesterner, I can't call our overnight low of 20 degrees COLD) can keep warm enough!
Jen
Old 01-07-2004, 07:40 PM   #6  

It is so freezing out right now, I'm wearing a down coat INSIDE my apartment because the little radiators that heat my place don't work well enough when it's really cold.

I went to Bikram yoga last night, it felt so good to be in the heated room and to be stretching out. I couldn't take that class all last semester because I had to be in school late on Tuesdays, but I'm definitely going to keep going. I have lost so much flexibility, it's kind of sad.

I'm done for the week, I've got a lot of studying to do (and exercising, too), but my biggest priority for tomorrow is getting out to find a Christmas present for my boyfriend. We're finally going to celebrate Christmas together this weekend.

I hope everyone else is staying warm!
Old 01-08-2004, 10:19 PM   #7  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, everyone!

Julie: How's the cold weather treating you? Has it warmed up any? Did your car start? What a bummer about those library books -- that library sounds awfully incompetent!

Jen: Hope you enjoyed your evening with your DH!

Katia: Stay warm!! We used to live in a house in Kansas that had miserable heaters (those kind along the floor -- not sure what they're called), and in the winter, I lived in a coat and gloves inside! Thank goodness I don't have to deal with that anymore!

I've started doing Pilates. Wow! It's totally different than any type of exercise I've done before. It's pretty challenging, and I can tell it's really working my muscles. Can't wait to see the good results!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Take care,
Jina
Old 01-08-2004, 10:57 PM   #8  

Jina - I LOVE Pilates! I think it makes such a different in my posture and the way I carry myself.

Okay...I'm so excited! I went shopping today to spend some Christmas $$$ and I fit into size 4 pants and dresses in every store I went into! I still need to work on getting down to a 4 in jeans, I need a 6 when the pant legs are cut slimmer because I have chunky upper thighs. I know it's vanity sizing and that 4's are a lot bigger than they used to be and that it's silly to get so excited about some number when I should be focusing on getting strong and fit, but I'm still happy.

K
Old 01-08-2004, 11:21 PM   #9  

Hi everyone!

Jen, hope you find some interesting stuff to do while your DH is working so hard! At least you could have a lot of uninterupted reading time?

Definitely understanding the freezing thing, Katia. I've got layers on, long underwear, socks, slippers, shirts, and I was considering putting gloves on to use the computer!

Car started, Jina! I was a little concerned because of some 'check engine' flashing light episodes last week (which I didn't really resolve, I sort of wiped up a few things under the hood, and the light hasn't come back on again? Wish I knew more about cars...) And the library thing...*sigh*...I have to wait until Monday to deal with the appropriate person.

I want to start Pilates, too! I'm going to try and find it somewhere this weekend. I checked out a Zellers (a dept store, kind of like Wal-mart) but I couldn't find it there, maybe Wal-mart will have something? I realized that I don't really know where to find a tape like that!

Have a good night, ladies! Julie.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:23 PM   #10  

Hey, you know what was also sad about the crash? Our post counts are down! Not really important, but it was kind of fun to see how verbose we were!
Old 01-09-2004, 06:51 AM   #11  

Katia--I would be excited, too! You enjoy that size 4, girl.

I HAVE found that I generally have plenty to keep me busy while DH is working evenings, but I think it's more of just making a mental shift for me. But ya'll are right, I should just look at the positive of the situation! And tomorrow night, I have plans to go out with a friend for dinner, etc, while DH is working again. Yay!

Everyone have an excellent Friday!!!
Old 01-09-2004, 10:47 AM   #12  

Jen, it sounds like you have a really good attitude about using your time while your husband it working. The evenings he's away could be a great time for exercising, it would give you something to look forward to when he's not going to be around and I'm sure he'll love the results!

When my boyfriend is out of town (like he has been for most of the past three weeks ), I get myself to the gym or just pick up some weights at home when I find myself sitting around missing him! We've got a formal for school a few weeks after he gets back and I'm determined to look fabulous in my little black dress.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

my post count was over 1000!! not anymore. heh.

the library thing is almost like blockbuster - sometimes we miss scanning movies and they go back on the shelves and incur bad late fees and send people notices and such. usually we can get things figured out but it is a pain in the butt of the person who gets screwed.

yes, i still work for blockbuster, about 12 hours a week. these next two weeks, i work 10-4 on my days off from my office job. so it's a good and bad... i don't ever get a full day off, BUT i have nights free which i rarely got before.

my new job is pretty cool. a lot busier of an office and more people around.... which means nomore posting during the day! but the people are great, the money is good, and my benefits should be in effect very soon (which i NEED cuz i am on my last pack of the pill! yipes!)

well, gotta run, gonna be late for that job!
Old 01-09-2004, 01:32 PM   #14  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Happy Friday everyone!

Not a whole lot going on here, just enjoying the beautiful Dallas weather, it's about 60 and very sunny. Love it! I don't know how you guys deal with all that snow and cold...brrrr I'm defn. a warm weather person..so Dallas is a good place to be.

Gonzostar: My lil' sis works for BB, she is training to become a part time manager...she really likes BB company. I love that she works there, since she is my roommate, we get five free rentals every week, and get to view new releases before they hit the shelves....defn. a bonus!!!!!!!

SW 201
CW 168
GW 150
Old 01-09-2004, 02:01 PM   #15  
Movin' and Losin'

Lekker: I know absolutely nothing about cars. I wish I knew more, too. At least enough to know if I was getting ripped off or not when I take it to get worked on!

Katia: I'm sure you will be looking fabulous in your little black dress!

Holly: Glad you are enjoying your new job!

Spillthebeans: I'm with you -- I'm definitely a warm-weather girl! I'm orginally from the Midwest, but I sure wouldn't go back there now. I sure don't miss the cold, snow or ice! I like it being 70 degrees in the winter -- I'm very, very happy with that!

Anyone have any big plans for the weekend? Not much here, except apartment hunting... not real excited about that. I've had so many problems with this apartment complex, though, I can't stay here any longer. So, even though I hate moving, I'll be moving at the end of February.

Hope everyone is having a great Friday!

Take care,
Jina
Closed Thread