Old 06-20-2017, 03:13 PM   #1  

Default I accept that I have to lose weight

I feel like I have been long in denial of my body and health. Even 5 years ago i had a beautiful figure. With psychiatric medicines, and unhealthy eating habits I gained a lot of weight. Around 2015 I was also diagnosed with hypothyroid that makes it even harder to lose weight. Gone are the days when I feel good about my body.
I am 26 years old and I weight a 240 pounds now. I have hit obesity
I want to regain myself back and I have started from today, with intermittent diet plan. I want to be more in charge of my health now.
any more tips you guys ?
angelicbast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:19 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Well the first thing is to get control of the eating. Stop eating any unhealthy foods, rein in your portions. Those things you do have control over.

I also am hypothyroid and can tell you that if you get your meds dialed in, it's not that much of an impediment to weight loss.

Psych meds, on the other hand- I have heard (but have no personal experience) that they can really affect weight. Other people will have to chime in there, but perhaps there is a med that will offer the same benefits minus the weight gain?
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:19 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
Well the first thing is to get control of the eating. Stop eating any unhealthy foods, rein in your portions. Those things you do have control over.

I also am hypothyroid and can tell you that if you get your meds dialed in, it's not that much of an impediment to weight loss.

Psych meds, on the other hand- I have heard (but have no personal experience) that they can really affect weight. Other people will have to chime in there, but perhaps there is a med that will offer the same benefits minus the weight gain?
Hi Eagleriver,

Thank you for the response. Since 2014 to 2015, all I had was fast food, burgers,pizza, fries, anything. I could eat for the entire day and still feel hungry lol. I gained a lot of weight during that time, or else I wouldn't be feeling this way right now.
I have cut all junk food, oily food, fries, dairy products. Food is in control now. I am not on psych meds anymore but I did become overweight while on meds.
My aim is to lose atleast 90 pounds now.
Thanks again for the response.

Last edited by angelicbast; 06-21-2017 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:50 AM   #4  
Staying Positive

S/C/G: 206/185/160

Height: 5'5"

My advice is to not be too hard on yourself. You've got the right idea and it's important not to discourage yourself wherever possible. It'll be slow going but you WILL get there in your own time.
TristalTheNini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:47 AM   #5  

@TristalTheNini thank you for your advice. I have last 7 pounds since the day I posted this thread. I have a long way to go still, but I am definitely feeling better about myself and my weight. My body feels lighter as well.

Last edited by angelicbast; 06-28-2017 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 168/166/112-117

Height: 5'5

My tip would be to embrace failure and learn from it. I mean don't be TOO lax on yourself haha, but you will mess up and you have to forgive yourself for it and keep trying.
scoobysnackz is offline   Reply With Quote