Old 06-09-2017, 02:56 AM   #1  

Exclamation Please help me

I have to lose 130 Pounds. I really want to improve my health and feel 100xs better about myself. But I have no idea where to start.
SinaMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 01:30 PM   #2  

Hi Sina! Glad you are here with us!

I am not a health expert, but I'll let you know what worked in my experience.

For me, I would just start with getting the my fitness pal app or lose it app, and start tracking what you eat as you do now, and measure or weigh the foods. You don't need to cut back yet. Once you do that for a bit, you'll see how much you are eating, as well as get into a habit of tracking. I feel like just tracking alone is a hard habit to get into, so do that first. Also, start a very attainable exercise habit- even if it is just 1 work out a week, going on evening walks, or whatever it is, depending on your fitness level. But make an attainable goal and stick to that small goal.

Once you get these small habits in place, hopefully it will motivate you that you can do more! Then you can start trying to lower the calories, and add more workouts. But I think it's really important you make small goals at first, so you get that boost and feeling of accomplishment, and set those habits in place that you'll need to then be successful at losing weight.

Making large goals or too many changes at once, usually sets a person up for failure and then they give up.

Like I said, that is just how I started and I'm sure there are other good ways too! Good luck and we are all here cheering you on!!
Marie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 02:21 PM   #3  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

What Marie3 said. Small steps. You won't lose the weight fast but in a year you'll have lost weight, feel better, and learned important new eating and exercise habits.

And finding a support crew here at 3FC really helps too. They support you on the tough days and cheer you on on the good days. Lots of smart people here who have real life experience with just what you're dealing with now.

Good luck!
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weight loss