Old 05-10-2017, 02:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/143.5/110

Height: 5'1"

Default Rewarding yourself

What do you reward yourself with when you hit mini-milestones?

I try to avoid food based rewards as much as I can as so many of my over-eating problems come from emotional eating!
I usually buy myself some kind of makeup or nice bath stuff, but I've promised myself a pink leather strap for my fitbit once I hit 139lbs
rachface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/163/145

Height: 5'10"

Ah... I reward myself with food. I only reward myself for reaching the big goals, though, not the mini-milestones.

My reward for reaching my first goal was going out and eating McDonald's with my friends. McDonald's was the thing I craved the longest when I got started, since I'm a long way from home and hamburgers are a comfort food for me. Funny story though, I felt kind of sick after eating it. I'm not sure what to make of that.

My next reward (hitting 150, which is currently my ultimate goal) is going to be a visit to Baskin Robbins. I do love me some ice cream!
Keika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:56 AM   #3  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

I buy clothes

I bought clothes for hitting 50lbs off that will not fit me properly until the 75lbs mark. Being able to fit into smaller clothes is just still a new phenomenon just now for me. I always look and think.... Ill never fit into that... then I can so its great to feel that feeling.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:24 AM   #4  
Tough Turtle

S/C/G: 199/183/115-120

Height: 5 ft 4 in

I like the food based rewards...I know you shouldn't, and I've tried other ways, but it was either too expensive or not gratifying enough. I kind of hate "stuff", I live with my parents still out of bedroom and I feel like I'm constantly drowning in lotions and candles.

If I can lose 4 lbs by my birthday weekend 07/22 I'm getting myself McDonalds, I haven't a McDonald's splurge in probably 1 1/2 years and it's hard driving past one everyday on the way home...when I'm so hungry I could eat my arm. I'm thinking 20 chicken nuggets and some fries. I see Keika did the same fix. That place is drugs, and yes it makes you feel sick. But before you feel sick...all kinds of amazing lol. Yes, drugs.

Also, if I can lose 4 lbs after my birthday weekend before I go on vacation...if I can do it I think I'll get a rocky mountain chocolate apple or Kilwin's if I see one up north. I love apples dipped in caramel, then dipped in chocolate. so genius, lol

Last edited by bloominbutterflies; 05-24-2017 at 09:38 AM.
bloominbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 01:03 PM   #5  

My planned reward when I reach my first goal (losing 30% of my total weight loss goal) is to buy a set of Korean stone bowls to cook with. It's a kitchen item I've wanted for awhile, but it wasn't something I could justify buying just because I wanted it, since it's not something I would use everyday.

If you don't want a food reward, maybe a kitchen item or new Running shoes/ clothes could be a good idea. Something that will hopefully make cooking healthy or exercising more fun.
Marie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 01:29 PM   #6  
Andando...

My first mini goal is coming up, and I have been trying to think of a reward...

I do not want to do any food rewards. I don't think I can fit more shoes in my closet and I just bought new exercise pants. I'll probably do clothes once I am closer to my goal, and I have some plans for my hair further along too. Current apartment is pretty small, kitchen is full and most of my crafting materials are stored away. So those two are out of the question.

I'd like a bike? But I don't think I'd use it unless I have someone to go with, and I don't think I can afford one at the moment.

Mmmm maybe a piercing? I have my ears pierced, but I have been tempted to get another one (like next to it?) for YEARS, but I have always been very hesitant about it.

This is hard! :x
DayDreamer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:32 PM   #7  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

@Keika, I agree ice cream is amazing. My sister and I just discovered Halo Top, it's a low calorie, low sugar, high protein ice cream that tastes amazing!! Seriously tastes like the real deal! I have to convince myself that it still needs to be a treat and not an every day splurge - but you should try it.

@Scotsgal, I buy clothes too. Sometimes it can make a cool non-scale victory. I just bought a new pair of jeans a size down. They fit so well I bought them in 3 other colors. Makes me feel great and encourages me to keep going!

@DayDreamer, a piercing sounds cute! What would you have done?

All - I'm trying to think of my next reward too. I want it to be something I can do with my family. For my first 10 lbs, we went and played putt putt. It was goofy, but a lot of fun. My parents are newly retired, so it's nice to find a cute family outing. Any ideas for what I can do next?
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Hi everyone! I’m also trying to avoid food-based rewards.. I think for my first mini goal I am going to buy a new pair of sneakers- the two pairs I have now are just about worn out

For my halfway point goal, I am going to buy a teal band for my Fitbit.

As for the ultimate goal, every ten pounds lost I’m going to put $100 in a coffee cup on my dresser so that when I make goal, I’ll be able to spring for a pair of designer pumps I’ve had my eye on for a while but could never justify

At the moment I’m avoiding buying new clothes because I’ve hoarded all my old clothes that no longer fit and can’t wait to get into them again!

DayDreamer26: I like your idea of a second ear piercing, I’ve been thinking about that too! Maybe around the halfway goal
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/188/100

Height: 4'11"

I have a whole reward system down for myself. I have rewards for every 10 lbs lost such as mani/pedi, fun graphic t-shirt, makeup, facial...Then down further to the more rewarding stuff for 50+ lbs lost like new lingerie, concert, bathing suit, and a vacation for the last milestone. I also have rewards for going to gym classes. I just obtained my first mini milestone for going to 10 step classes, which was a new pair of shoes. I decided to do it in longer strides, so the first milestone is 10 classes, then the next one is going to 20 classes before getting the next milestone prize, then 30 and so on.

I also have another prize called the 'Tip Jar' in which I put in 25 cents for every time I log my food or make 10k steps for the day, then I crack into it when I lose 10 lbs to get new clothes.
tiawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 03:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/133

Height: 5"1'

Clothes clothes clothes!!
Every time I lose a few lbs, I find this renewed confidence to pull of a shirt or a dress that I may have looked at and thought "I'm never going to fit into that"! I'm so eager to know if I fit into a smaller size (don't we all want that )
Food rewards are for smaller goals. I feel like if I keep the sugar craving monster inside me starving for too long, one day I'm going to have a breakdown and binge like a crazy person.
So once in about 2 weeks, I indulge in a tiny treat- ice cream or cake. That way I won't binge. And I'm trying to gradually increase that time period between these food rewards too, so slowly withdrawing
iScreamSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote