Old 04-28-2017, 10:19 AM   #16  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Exercise: Day 4 of T25 complete, today was ab intervals so I'm imagining my abs are going to wreck tomorrow. My boyfriend goes to a Muay Thai gym and his coach does a "6 pack workout" so that's what I'm going to nickname this particular video! It's tough, I definitely feel myself shaking since my core is so weak. When I did barre class when I lived in CO I spent most of my time shaking uncontrollably during the holds! Very embarrassing. Tomorrow is a double day, so I'll be doing 2 videos, then I get the weekend off! I can't wait!

Weight/Life: Didn't weigh in this morning because I got distracted, my BF's best friend got engaged earlier in the year. He emailed us this morning saying their wedding is in July of THIS year, so we spent the morning moaning because it just isn't enough notice! Most of their friends still live in CO so it's ok for them, but for us we have to fly in from GA. We're pretty broke right now so it sucked to get that news. BUT we're going to go, because again it's one of his best friends so we can't miss it. So yeah, wedding number 2 of the year!! Not sure I'll be able to drop a significant amount of weight in 2 months, but if I lose a pound a week that'll be enough. I'll basically be back at the weight I was when I first moved to America, so that'll be good!

(I wrote that post yesterday before I got distracted and it's been open overnight so I figured I'd post for today as well!)

Weight - 174.4 lbs this morning, though I had a bad food day yesterday. Even though I'm not pressuring myself to eat super healthy and focus on exercise first, I do need to be careful not to let that get to my head and think it's ok to snack all the time! We went out for lunch since it's burger week in Atlanta, I had a pulled pork sandwich and some baked beans. I wasn't up for cooking dinner since I was quite full, so I had a bagel for dinner instead. Then I started tucking into some dark chocolate I got, after that my BF left a big bag of chips on the table and I ended up mindlessly snacking on those late at night when I was playing a game. Oof. Just a day full of grains! No wonder my weight was up. The weigh in today shifted my average weight up to 174 lbs, so hopefully I can be good for the next 3 days and get it down a bit. Would hate to start the challenge with a gain, but if so, then so be it! I'll just have to work harder.

Exercise/Life: I'm going to be doing two T25 workouts today, wish me luck! Not looking forward to it . We also are looking after our friends dog until Monday so I'll be taking her on a nice long walk to tucker her out. I think I'll do that after the workout as a cool down.

--------------

Atari - Eep, sounds like life has been stressful for you! No wonder you've found yourself eating more, I think we all suffer from emotional eating here so it's completely understandable. Best to take things one step at a time. First year teaching is going to be tough, since you have to find your feet, but even coming on here and taking that step with your weight is a great start to taking control of your life and your stress as a result!

Clay - That's awesome he's got a bunch of interviews lined up, that's the hardest step out of the way really! Fingers crossed he's got some great offers and a nice paid vacation sounds much needed for him and you. I hope you like the app in the long term, I'm a huge fan of simple apps so it was perfect for me. See, I get those kinds of fluctuations too, so I think seeing my weekly average will be beneficial for my sanity! That's a pretty big decision to make to move again...but if you think your quality of life will be a lot better for you both then it's better for you in the long run.

Scots - Ooh, more fun times in Germany ahead, you must be a pro at travelling there now! My advice to you would be: keep the body guessing. Change up your food as well as your exercise. I'd recommend coming up with a couple of breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack options and just alternating between them. I know when you're trying to get a certain amount of protein it can be difficult, but no wonder you're getting fed up, eating the same things all the time would be boring as h3ll! If you are calorie counting, are you taking into consideration calories burned through exercise? People will tell you different things, but personally I would eat back at least half the calories you burn, maybe even all of them if you start feeling really hungry (and not just dehydrated, gulp down loads of water first if you feel hunger pangs). If you're eating 1500 calories but you burn 500 then your body is only functioning from 1000, which is too low. When I was doing Insanity I was eating 1800-2000 calories a day and I lost 21 lbs, but because I was burning around 600 calories with the intense workouts my body was functioning from 1200-1400 calories. It seems madness to eat way more food, but if you're pushing your body you need to fuel it. Otherwise you'll stall. Something to keep in mind when you're planning your meals/calories and how much you're going to be exercising.

Last edited by Riestrella; 04-28-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:38 AM   #17  
tricia

S/C/G: 200/200/169

Height: 5'2

Default Hi Riestrella!

my name is tricia and it sounds like you have a lot going for you! You are not giving up and that is the important part. That's awesome that you were running. Why aren't you running anymore? I would love to be able to run. I am 47 years old and have arthritis in both knees but by losing weight I am hoping that will get a lot better. I just quit smoking on the 14th of April. Woo Hoo! My health is very important to me. I was in a place in Illinois where I could not exercise at all. But now I am back where I belong and that is CA. I am so happy to be back! I grew up here. I have been taking the bus to get places so I have been doing so much walking. It's crazy! Smiles! I'd really like to start Yoga and I get a membership to a gym after May 1st. Japan? Wow! I am sure you will look beautiful. Just envision it. Hey! I have a question. I want to use that Lilyslim tracker. How do I incorporate that into my signature or post? I have tried over and over again, but can't seem to do it. I'd super appreciate it if you could pass me some directions. I really like those trackers. Thank you Riestrella! Hope to keep in touch. Love, t.
cali47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:04 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Totally forgot I was doing this challenge but please bear with me. I have some health issues going on right now but it does not stop me from doing the challenge. I'll just have to post it everywhere so that I can remember I'm doing it.��

I did weigh in last week so I'll do it soon again.

But for the most part I'm getting my workouts in everyday which consists of walking at least a mile everyday and jazzercising five days out of the week. Now to get my eating in check.
Niecey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 02:34 PM   #19  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys!

So I have officially given up on the idea of doing two T25 workouts on Friday's! I did one of them yesterday, pushed myself to my limit and then was just flailing around by the second video. I thought to myself I should stop before I really injure myself! It might not be the way Shaun T intended it, but instead of dreading my Friday workouts I'll just stick to doing one of those videos for now. If I work my fitness up by the time I'm finished with T25 then maybe I will start doing the double Friday workouts, we'll see! For now though, screw that, No workouts for the weekend though, I'm so relieved! I think my body really needs the rest.

But! I've officially completed week 1 of T25! 5 workouts over 5 days, I'm so proud!

My weight was 173 lbs this morning, a 1.4 lb drop from yesterday and my lightest weigh in for the week! It put my average weight of the week back at 173.8 lbs, i.e. my starting weight for the challenge, so I'm happy with that. I've got some serious cravings today, however, so I need to be careful I don't sabotage my weight by snacking throughout the day.

--------------------

cali47 - Hi and welcome to the challenge! I stopped running because I was finding myself making a million excuses not to run. I've been attempting weight loss since 2011, so I know that when I start making all those excuses to not do something I should switch things up. I get exercise ADD! I definitely still consider myself a runner though, so I'll go back to it when the humid summer months are over. Congratulations on quitting smoking, that's awesome! I love walking so much, I used to live in Tokyo and I'd walk so much there, I miss it. Here I have to drive everywhere. Ah, I see what you've done with the lilyslim, you just need to copy the right code. On your "My Lily Slim" page select "Get ticker code" then select the "Forums" tab, then select "PseudoHTML, UBBCode and BB Code" and copy and paste that code into your signature box!

Niecey - Sorry you're having health problems! Nothing too serious, I hope? Sounds like you're doing awesome with exercise, keep it up! I'm sure your eating will fall in place, wouldn't want to make all that exercise worth nothing when we put so much effort into it! I'm the same way!

Last edited by Riestrella; 04-29-2017 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:32 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to do a quick check in. I was maintaining for about a month for the end of March and beginning of April as I needed a break and was in the midst of a move to Los Angeles where I happily currently reside. I've been trying to lose a few pounds in the last few weeks but it's been tough because I'm still in a transition place and I've been eating a lot and I've had some trouble getting into a routine especially as I didn't see any scale progress after going hard for a week and a half which led to a bad weekend. Then last Monday, I got food poisoning and it's been really weird this week as my stomach has stopped getting physically hungry. This SHOULD be a good thing for weight loss but I've been struggling with emotional eating and have been in a weird routine food wise so I've been having days of not eating much and then overeating the last couple of days. It's just frustrating to see in cold, stark reality that I have deep food issues and that I eat regardless of hunger and just because I want to and feel I should be able to eat what I want.

Anyways, I am determined to make May be a better month than April. For emotional eating, I usually turn to the following solutions: meditating (I need to make a serious commitment to do this before I engage in emotional eating), exercising (dancing or running), talking to a friend, browsing a weight loss forum like this or working on a creative project. I want to really try to focus on turning to these before I decide to eat too much. The good news is I'm still maintaining my previous weight loss and I feel a lot more confident with my new clothes and in knowing I can finish this weight loss journey no matter what. I've been keeping up with strength training 1-2 times a week and running 1-3 times a week as well at least. I also think I have figured out a new meal plan that works with my schedule right now but I need to be better at eating less when I eat out.

Good luck to everyone! Riestrella, good to have you back and good luck
Zucena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:56 AM   #21  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Hey ladies hope I can join. I'm at 142 this morning which scared the **** out of me at 5'1 . I want to get back to 120 and maintain there. My bf has decided to join me and hopefully that will help and we can eat healthy together and make it a true lifestyle change.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 12:30 PM   #22  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

It's nice to see some familiar and not so familiar faces, hello everyone!

It's a Monday morning, and the weight went to 166.2. Well, I did weigh daily and this isn't my lowest, but I will take it! I noticed weighing on Mondays help to keep me in check throughout the weekend.

Thanks, Rie. It's most stressful now as we're wrapping up with testing, 4th quarter AND year-end grades, but pulling through. I haven't focused much on workouts in awhile so excuse the lack of knowledge - what is T25? I need to find some sort of routine that I can do after school, because my GOODNESS am I just exhausted and lazy after working with the kiddos
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:47 PM   #23  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 1 Top 20 Chart everyone!

Old 05-02-2017, 10:11 AM   #24  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hello Everyone... Nice to see it full at the moment.

I just started the 20-somethings Facebook page if anyone is willing to join, I know that some people feel that they need a little extra kick with a support group. It is not a replacement on here, but I know that sometimes when you need a little help the most... its not possible to come on here properly ( I know that my Cell does not like this site at all). So come along if you want a little extra support. https://www.facebook.com/groups/876939619112125/ Also you must of been on this page for me to accept the request, A little message to me with your IM will allow me to make sure there are no wierdos.

Anywhoooo..... I had a bit of an off weekend, it was a bank holiday here and it was sunny, and I had some food items and some alcohol that threw me off plan. I even had a cigarette after giving up in January and it was disgusting Yuk! So today is my new Monday I have started a fresh! I go away in just 7 days. I got up this morning and Made eggs with spinach and cherry tomatoes and a sprinkle of smoked paprika, which was a very nice change from my usual. Less calories... but a very nice alternative to remember. For Lunch I had my usual chicken, rice and veg, Then I took the dog a small walk down the beach.

I have had to do some drumming work for next week, and once I get back I have a competition (The British Championships). I am in quite a bit of discomfort from my cortisone injection last week. I had a successful course done in October, but this time I have bruised quite badly, I also can still feel some swelling and discomfort which wasn't there last time. I have given it a week (which is usually enough) and I can still feel most of the pain from before. I hope it starts to kick in soon.

ANyway... Currently 2.6lbs up I think.... Hope to see close to 270 again tomorrow. Would love to get back below 269 before I go away.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:01 PM   #25  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

Day 6 of T25 done! I made a shiny new ticker to put in my signature to keep track of how many days I've got left. Can't believe I'll be doing this for 90 days/18 weeks!! However I've got my fingers crossed that I'll lose 1 lb a week with T25, which would put me at 155 lbs . I seem to recall when I reached 155 lbs last time people started to notice my weight loss constantly and I felt much better about my body around that weight too. BUT! I need to work hard to stay on top of it and not use my hard workouts as an excuse to over eat.

This morning I weighed in at 172.8 lbs which was great to see after weighing in above 173 lbs last week! It put my average at 172.9 so hopefully I'll get some lower numbers this week and push down that average even more.

I'm surprised that I JUST made it into the top 20 charts, that was good to see! Congrats on everyone who's lost so far, keep it up and stay focused!

In life news it looks like my BF and I are going to have to find part time work to keep us afloat. We've managed to be freelancers/live off savings for almost a year of living in Atlanta, but we've not put back enough money into our bank account to keep on living this way. It's sad and it terrifies me too, since I don't want to stray from my dream, but we've got to be adults about this after all! I still feel like I just graduated Uni even though that was 7 years ago!

--------------------

Zucena - Glad you're happy living in LA again! Hmm, it is tough to face those issues that cause us to gain weight and be unhealthy in general. I think if you can tap into the reasons why you want to eat then you can work towards changing that mentality. I eat when I'm bored or when I'm stressed, it's hard to break those habits. Despite having troubles it seems like you're still doing an amazing job with your health in general with the exercise and maintaining weight. It's super hard to maintain so you should be really proud of yourself for doing that and not re-gaining!

skittles - Welcome, it'll be great with your boyfriend supporting you!

Atari - Here's a really cheesy trailer for it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qItUutgExmw The results are obviously from people who are following the meal plan that comes with it, which I'm not doing. But it gives you a glimpse at the workouts.

Scots - Sorry to hear your elbow is troubling you especially with the trip coming up . Hope it gets better soon! Good luck with your fresh new start, you can do it!
Old 05-03-2017, 12:07 PM   #26  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Exercise - 7 days done, 83 to go! Total Body Circuit today which is the hardest video of the week. I definitely need to work on my planks, I don't use my core enough. My shoulders are weak too, I've been relying on the modifier moves but I think for the next TBC I'll start doing the plank moves and just deal with it the best I can. I won't get better if I don't push myself after all!

Weight - Weighed in at 172.4 lbs this morning, a 0.4 lb drop from yesterday and it puts my average at 172.7 lbs. So happy to see these small drops for 3 days running. Makes me feel like with each workout there's progress.

Food - I'm getting a little better with my grain intake, though still not perfect. My BF has these "black hole" moments at around 9pm so it's been very difficult for me not to partake in them too. I had a bite of some Korean seaweed (sounds gross, but is really tasty) and a bite of his English muffin. I need to be stronger and just not have any bites. I can't ask him not to eat when he's hungry, that would be so unfair! I need to work on self control. I polished off the rest of my Ben and Jerry's ice cream that I had in the freezer yesterday too, so that's no longer something I can turn to either. We stopped buying those mini cans of Coke, which we had because the BF had a big deadline and he wanted the caffeine boost. I think it'll be tough since I've had a LOT of sugar for past couple of weeks, but I need to be strong and do my best to just deal with the withdrawals! Sugar is scary like that...
Old 05-03-2017, 12:54 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 230/195/140

Height: 5'6

Hey lovelies ~

This is so organized, I love it so much! Hope you don't mind me poppin' in. I had a baby in December, weigh less now than I did before I was preggo but I've put on almost twenty lbs since baby. I really want to bust my *** and be a healthier version of myself. Also, I'm probably getting married next year and I'd like to look hot in my dress - ya know? Just need to stay away from chips and chocolate, like far away.

Eh.

Last edited by Veron; 05-03-2017 at 12:55 PM.
Veron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:31 PM   #28  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

I've been doing good and bf has been trying but went for ice cream. I have a bday party coming up.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 04:58 AM   #29  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Thanks for the link, Rie! Shaun T. workouts always look tough, but it could be because I'm so dang outta shape... definitely a fan of seaweed in diets, but I guess I never found it weird since it's a staple in Japanese food too...and I'm half Japanese!

Glad to see this thread becoming more active!

Ah so today, I weighed in at 164.6. Nice to see the steady drops, but most likely due to me changing up the eating habits. My coworkers are SUPER dangerous though - they all love their eating and will try to sabotage any sort of dieting going on. Like don't get me wrong, I love the free food and drink...but they got me a strawberry shake during our meeting. Oh well, it didn't spiral me COMPLETELY off my game. Here's to hoping I see some friendly numbers on the scale tomorrow!
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:38 AM   #30  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

So Its been a bit up and down all week, just trying to get back down to 270 if possible, haven't been at the gym yet, might not get to before going away. I am just aiming to get 9,000 steps every day at the least and watch what I am eating.

I think when I come back from Germany, I might do a week of NO CARBS (Starchy) and just see how that goes. No Rice, No Pasta, No Bread, No Potatoes. I wonder if that will be the kick up the butt that I need?

I am going to start bringing together some meals that I can substitute. The other morning I has scrambled eggs with mushrooms and cherry tomatoes and it was really filling. So I wonder how I can adjust a no carb week.

Any ideas?

Lunch for me is usually Chicken rice and veggies, or tuna cottage cheese and veggies, so any ideas here would be useful.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote