Old 01-12-2017, 01:52 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Alright i'm signed up and ready to go! I can't wait to meet this goal! I am doing well today. Stayed on plan and did 36 minutes of working out. Hoping to get home after work and put in another 20. We will see!
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:55 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

So I've had a busy couple days with work stuff but I'm still managing to stay mostly on track. On Monday, I kept to my workout and food plan and had a deficit of 800 calories and on Tuesday, I did a little less exercise then planned and was at 400 calories deficit. I did however weigh in at 140.5 (.6 to go!) and managed to avoid a stress craving with meditation, talking to a friend and figuring out how to fix a work stressor. Yesterday I was VERY productive and got a lot of work done but I went out to eat with my dad and although I had a healthier option, I think the processed carbs made me hungrier all day and once I was at 1300 calories for the night, I was still hungry and ate a Lara bar. I was really sad and emotional as well and had to fight hard to resist the urge to binge with meditation. But I was still legit hungry and very awake so I ate a quesadilla (they're very filling), watched some TV and then had a really good call with a friend who helped me work out some emotional issues. Ultimately because of not much working out and the hunger, I ended up at maintenance but I was really proud of myself for not eating junk food or binging.

I was up to 145 today but I'm not worried about the water weight and I'm determined to get back on track. Today, I had eggs, ham, cheese, veggies and sauce along with blueberries for breakfast along with a Lara bar for a snack just now so I'm up to 650 calories for the day. I need to do a strength training workout today and keep up my cardio too and I'm drinking a lot of water right now. Mostly I'm still 100% determined to not give up and reading about a friend's new determination to keep fit is encouraging me to work on my fitness workouts as well.

skittlesfirehawk Welcome back! I would recommend looking into self-care alternatives to stress eating and hope you find something that works for you. Maybe crunchy veggies instead of french fries?

Riestrella Glad you enjoyed Wales! Congrats on the drop and I hope you feel better

Scotsgal Congrats on the weight loss and great workout! What weights are you good at? The soreness is how you know it's working but I have definitely been there with the pain. My abs were killlling me the other day. I think you're craving carbs because of the big workout (glucose leaves the muscles and your body wants it back) so don't feel too down and just try to get back on track. I think increasing your calories is good if you're lifting weights but the carbs are pretty low so it's always up to you on experimenting to see what you can stick with.

flupi Congrats on the big weight loss! That's really awesome. And unfortunately my struggle free days are over but I am gaining the confidence that I can get through any bad days that come and remain within my calories so that's encouraging at least.

redrose Welcome! I completely understand with wanting running, jumping, climbing (so great!) to be easier with more weight loss and increased fitness. That's definitely one of my ultimate goals that helps keep me going. Good luck!

Nicholsfamily Welcome and glad you joined us! Good job on the workout and staying on plan. Hope you get that last workout in!

Claygirl Hope you feel better! Good job with the calories and low carb the other day and glad you enjoyed socializing as I do think that's the best time to enjoy non regular food.

Last edited by Zucena; 01-12-2017 at 02:56 PM.
Zucena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:18 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 194/157/122

Height: 5'7"

Well, I've been bombarded by work and haven't found the time to read through everyone's progress yet, but I hope everyone is doing well!

I just wanted to quickly post my progress and say that I've stayed on track and am now down to 160.8 (1.8 lbs away from a healthy bmi!!). Only problem is, while I've been eating a lot more food than I used to, I'm technically consuming a lot less calories than I should due to my new low carb diet. I just discovered this earlier today when I decided to count calories, which I normally don't do. Need to rectify this problem, as I don't want to go into eating disorder territory again. As a result I've had no energy and feel super irritable. I'm just not sure how to consume anymore calories than I am while staying low carb, as my stomach really does feel full. But my body is clearly protesting otherwise. Ergghhh.

Hope everyone has a happy Friday
Emsikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 01:43 PM   #49  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Still sick here, but hopefully better soon! I weighed 207 this morning, which puts me back down where I was before I went off track after thanksgiving which is great. It must have been mostly water weight that I gained. I also took my measurements again and added them to the spreadsheet and my fitness pal (I was able to see a good amount of loss in my measurements on MFP which was definitely nice). I did well with eating yesterday, 1300 calories.

This morning I made egg muffins, half whole eggs, half egg whites, with bacon, spinach, and onion. They tasted great and that breakfast has stuck with me a long time, and was only 200 calories for 3 small muffins! I have some more for the next couple days too. I'm going to make myself a salad for lunch, and I've got left over light Korean beef with cauliflower rice for dinner. So far things are going great. The real test will be vacation next week! For now I'm going to go drink a giant bottle of water before I eat lunch, and then try to rest before my son Wakes up!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 03:01 PM   #50  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

So the scale keeps on moving, so I also keep on moving. I am trying my hardest to get as much off as possible before I go to London next weekend. I don't have much planned this weekend, so instead of only going to the gym 3 times this week, I am going to rack up as much steps on my fitbit as possible and get a few extra workouts at the gym as well.

I am currently 44.3lbs down, so I would love to see the 48lb mark, or more next Friday morning

So gym, gym, gym, gym, gym

Zucena Just now my routine is:

10 min treadmill, steep incline power walk.

Barbell Squats: 4 sets of 8 reps at 20kg
Leg curl: 4 sets of 8 reps at 21kg
Leg Extension: 4 sets of 8 reps at 21kg
Bench Press: 4 sets of 6 reps at 20kg
Cross over: 4 sets of 12 reps at 14kg
T-bar Row: 4 sets of 10 reps at 15kg
Push Press: 4 sets of 6 reps at 20kg
lateral raises: 4 sets of 8 reps at 4.5kg
Lateral Pull down: 4 sets of 12 reps at 28kg

Treadmill again for cool down........
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 04:40 PM   #51  

Woohoo down .8 this morning. Got to love the water weight! I have workout today for 35 minutes. My calories are EXTREMELY low right now because I haven’t ate much all day due to belly issues but I’m going to get something with a lot of calories in once I get home..preferably something that is low in fat and low in sugar. My biggest barrier is coming up and that is the weekend…a 3-day weekend. So hopefully I can hold it together and stay doing well! Hope everyone is having a great Friday and hope everyone is safe that is getting pounded with that snow/ice storm!
Old 01-14-2017, 09:32 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 347/223.8/147

Height: 5 ft 3

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't checked in in a while, I've been so busy with work and trying to work out. It looks like everyone has been doing a great job!

I have been steadily losing some weight after a one week dry spell. Happy to be losing again! This time around, I have been focusing on portion sizes and making sure I only snack if I'm actually hungry. The best part of it is that there has been no calorie counting or restricting any foods!

Scotgirl, how often do you do the routine you posted? I am just starting to get into weight training myself. Do you have any recommendations for beginners?
anm017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 05:03 PM   #53  
Determind Member

Hello Everyone,

Went to the gym again this morning because I ordered take out last night and went up a lbs
So today the calories were back down to 1200 (got up late), and I have burned like 980cal all day so far.
Fingers crossed tomorrow will do better.

anm017 Hey I only started last week, I follow a lot of people on Facebook and Snapchat who are well into it, so I really wanted to give it a shot. I aim to do weight training 3 times a week, I also go back at night (because its a 2 min walk away) to do some light cardio for 30/40mins with my mum. On off gym days I take the dog for a nice walk along the beach, so I aim for 10,000 steps every day, plus a strength workout. For someone who wants to get into it, I would say ask for an induction at your gym on the weights and stuff, then start will full body workouts like mine. I am going to aim for 2 months of full body workouts before starting to lift heavier weights and splitting it to Mon: Arms/Back Wed: Leg Fri: Arms/Back.

I basically start at doing 12 reps on a pretty light weight for 4 sets. Then each time I go back to the gym, I up the weight and aim for 6-12 reps for 4 sets. It will take a good 2 weeks to figure out what your max is on each machine, then you can work at it and up the weights over time. Keep a record of what you did each time and then watch you get better and your muscles start to build up.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:35 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 194/157/122

Height: 5'7"

Great job, everyone!! Get well soon, Claygirl!

I'm still losing weight even though I've been major stressed and overwhelmed with work. Normally I never lose weight when I'm stressed, but I'm now down to 159.6--finally in the 150s! I had a "cheat" day today to celebrate. I know I know I know I probably shouldn't do that, but I tend to lose more weight during the week when I cheat for some reason. Also, I've been staying very on track and eating super healthy. So I deserve it.

Happy weekend!
Emsikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:39 PM   #55  

Just doing a quick checkin. Drop almost 2 lbs from yesterday. My calories have been extemely low and I almost wonder if it's because I'm trying to come down with something. Appetite is just not here...I'm nauseated....with a headache. No workout today but after 6 days straight it was time to relax the muscles anyways. I'm hoping to see tomorrow if the scale is still down or if it bounces back up. Either way wouldn't be surprised. My mom did compliment me and told me my face was slimming down. Although my family feels I look better are thr 145 150..technically I'm still overweight then. Plus I feel better at a healthy bmi.

Hope everyone is doing well and has a nice evening!
Old 01-15-2017, 09:25 AM   #56  
Determind Member

Well done for those who are still losing, I managed to come back down a little after my take out the other night. Calories were low again yesterday, plus I burned about 1000 calories again at the gym. I think I am only up by .6, so I am hoping that today is again a low calorie day, Ill take the dog a nice long walk later as well. So bring on Next week
Old 01-15-2017, 07:41 PM   #57  

Checking in. Was down almost another 2 lbs this morning. So either i'm still losing ALOT of water weight or it's because my calories have been really low due to not feeling good. Today I felt a bit better so I hit 1170. Hoping tomorrow to get above 1200. Hope everyone is having a great day. I have my official weigh in day Thursday!
Old 01-16-2017, 06:08 AM   #58  
Determind Member

Hope you feel better soon NicholsFam, Today I weighed in just .1 above my lowest which was on Friday before the take out. I haven't had a proper gym workout since then either, so I will be having a good one today. I am also going to incorporate some skull crushers to my routine to start working on my bingo wings I can start to see some definition on my biceps, but that's useless if I still have some pretty big bingo wings.

I also can't wait to go to London
Old 01-16-2017, 11:54 AM   #59  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!

I'm sick with a cough/cold and now to top it off an ear infection. I've got antibiotics and painkillers, but since I'm flying tomorrow I imagine I'm going to be in a great amount of pain with the change in pressure. Won't have time to do the charts until Wednesday at this point, sorry for the delay!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 01:24 PM   #60  

Checkin in - Gained back the 2 lbs I lost last night but it was expected considering my low calorie days. Thursday is my official weigh in day so hoping it goes back down by then.