Old 10-21-2016, 11:39 AM   #76  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Claygirl1518 great news about the head, as long is its not something serious, I hope your dad can take a look and have some suggestions. That's great that your hubby's course has been moved, makes things a little less stressful. Fingers crossed your weight takes a little dive in the right direction next week. And I wouldn't worry about going 50 calories over, If I was living in the states just now I would need a whole bottle of bourbon to be able to deal with the debate.

Also, I love games, I am the family cheat lol but if you are silly enough to play card games with glasses on...... I just call it a smart move lol

Riestrella I go through grain cravings also, I call it the carb crave. Some days its bread, some days its pasta, neither of them I really eat anymore. I try and prevent it with some rice intake that day, or maybe just a half slice of toast with honey and cinnamon on it. Those Veggie Stix btw lol I used to eat them when living in NY and you don't get anything like them over here, I miss them! Good luck on this final cut at work, I know that it is unpaid, but it is giving you some great experience. Just keep that at the front of your head. You can do it!

You are also very correct with Cluedo lol that is how it came about, got to love the Latin language lol. These challenges are very important to me also, while I keep a chart on the back of my bedroom door, I still feel I have to work hard to show that I am participating. The xmas one I think will be very helpful.

About me Well today I went up a little bit but I'm not too worried about it, I need to start doing a more exercise now that my cold is tailing off a little bit. So difficult to breathe when your nose is blocked. I bought some resistance bands from Amazon which should arrive my Monday which will be exciting to start using. I am also going to go a nice long walk tomorrow with the dog because we both need out of the house. I think Sunday will be a housework day, this place is a mess, but that also means that there is a lot to be busy doing. I would love to see 285something by then (currently 286.9).
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 11:33 AM   #77  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Still holding on at 171.8 lbs! Glad to see it's not going anywhere.

Today I'm going to take the pooch to the dog park that's around the corner and see how it is. Then when I get back I need to do a strength workout. I foam rolled after my run yesterday (3 a week for 3 weeks, huzzah!) and boyyy did it hurt like a mother!

Last night I caved and had some Thai tea...it's basically sugar tea the way my boyfriend brews it! It kept me up until 1am though so that was my punishment. Need to let that be a once in a while treat and NOT a 8pm treat! Water would have been just fine.

In the last week it felt like summer turned into winter, madness!

---------------

Scots - I really just cut down my sandwich from 2 pieces of bread to 1, that's a good idea. Yesss, Veggie Stix forevarr! I have a problem of making certain treats a habit, so instead of grabbing a handful when I'm hungry I'd have them with lunch every day. I can't be trusted! You're right, it is great experience, I'm gonna do my best to keep on top of it . Good luck with your new exercise routine, remember to ease yourself into it!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 03:32 PM   #78  
Determind Member

I'm a fatty! I had take out and I had a big ice cream thing tonight and I feel like a slob. I managed to not put on a huge amount after the take out, but I really don't want the scales to reflect my gluttony.

However, tomorrow will be the beginning of a better week, I usually do an Instagram collage of my daily meals and I have forgotten to do it the past few days. That will need to start tomorrow again.... if you are interested its ...Caireen89. I also got my resistance bands delivered yesterday and they aren't very big, tempted to cut one out of the loop that they are in so that I can do different exercises. If only you could buy motivation lol
Old 10-23-2016, 06:47 PM   #79  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

171.6 lbs today! A 0.2 lb drop, but seeing this weight come off little by little is an incredible feeling. It makes me want to exercise harder, eat better and live healthy. I really hope to reach the 160's again by Halloween!

I've been out and about every day taking our temporary pooch out to the dog park, it's nice to get outside once a day! I had to run around with her more today since there weren't many dogs for her to play with. It's not what I'd call exercise but it feels good nonetheless. Love the crisp Autumn air!

I just caught up with work, I'd been behind for SO long and today I just crammed in a bunch of work and now I'm back on schedule. Woohoo! Gonna reward myself with another horror film, I've been trying to watch one every day leading up to Halloween. Horror is one of my favourite genres of film.

-------------

Scots - Oooh, I know how you feel. I think starting exercise will really help you. Once you put in all that effort to work out and you start seeing results you won't want to mess it up with food. You've tripped, so pick yourself up and just keep moving - this journey was never gonna be perfect! Just keep at it and don't let this become a trend. If you feel like you're being too restrictive with food, have a cheat meal once a week. Not a full 3 course meal or anything, but one guilt free meal to curb any cravings. I couldn't find your instragram, but here's a link to my page if you wanna add me!
Old 10-24-2016, 09:19 AM   #80  
Determind Member

So I actually hit a new low this morning not a clue how that one happened, Mind... Blown!

So somehow I haven't been punished for being a fatty this weekend, this allows me to really concentrate on the calories that I consume for the next full week until this challenge ends and a new one begins. I really want to get a good 3lbs off this week to get closer to that big goal of mine. I know it will be a struggle, but I need to just work my butt off.

I am starting back at my squat challenge also.... I usually get to about day 3 before I struggle to peel myself off of the toilet seat It consists of doing 3 sets of 10 sitting squats and 3 sets of 10 low and wide squats along with 5 sets of 20 calf raises. It isnt much but you can really feel it if you stay consistent.

Riestrella I added ya and I know we all use usernames on 3FC but I do wonder, that if that is your real name on Instagram How the feck to Americans pronounce it? I am super stuffed also, only really a Scottish accent can say my name right, and because I have an r (which I roll on my tounge) all My American friends instantly thought my name was Katie. Starbucks is a pain

Last edited by Scotsgal; 10-24-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:58 AM   #81  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 7 Charts everyone! Sign ups are now closed. The next challenge will be posted on Halloween!

Overall Chart:

20-Somethings Chart:
Old 10-24-2016, 10:15 AM   #82  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Crept back up to 171.8 lbs, but I assume that's because I had a cheeky margarita last night. My BF makes tequila infusions and I like his pineapple marg in particular. So after getting back on schedule with work he offered to make me one as a mini-celebration and I accepted. Once again I'm drinking sugary drinks at night! For every sip of the marg I drank I also drank some water, so I think it helped somewhat. BUT, I need to be stronger and just stick to water!

Today I'm going on a run with the pup, it's gonna be my longest run and then the 5K is on Saturday! That came around fast!

---------------

Scot - Oooo I think you might have experienced the awesomeness that is losing after a big meal! It happens to me all the time, I'll be on top of it with eating and exercising and I won't lose anything. I then will have a huge cheat meal and then lose weight the next day! I stand by the belief that we need to keep our bodies guessing, so throwing a wrench into the works sparingly is a good thing. You should throw in some lunges and planks to your squat challenge and make it into a full body workout! My username? No, that's not my real name! My real name is Siān. And they pronounce it how you expect "see-ann" or "sigh-ann". One time though I had a voicemail from a moving guy and he actually got it right! I didn't need the service but I was so tempted to call him back and praise him for knowing my name! The slightly annoying thing is that in America my name sounds like Sean/Shawn when I say it, though I believe that the true pronunciation of my name has a elongated "aah" sound but it completely throws them off. "Siannay" came from my housemates in Uni, who said my name like "Charlaaay" in the Charlie bit my finger video . I must admit, I cannot roll my r's so I'd probably butcher your name too!
Old 10-24-2016, 11:22 AM   #83  
Determind Member

Ahh I meant that Sian (cant put the accent in) was your name. I actually went to school with a girl Called Sian (without the accent) which was See-anne, but she always told us that her dad heard the name somewhere are made up the spelling lol. Sh-anne is how you pronounce it?

Yeh I get every version of Kieran, kerryanne, corrine, keyring

But Caireen is simply (kay-reen), I don't judge how other people say it as long as its not Karen or kary or whatever other versions ive heard lol.

having a nickname (Caz) has been a saviour of my social life since I was about 12, people just give up and think my name is cassandra or something lol.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:00 AM   #84  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

171 lbs on the dot today! A 0.8 lb drop from the last weigh in. Woohoo! Seems so strange to be getting so excited about these little drops compared to some of the biggest losers in this challenge, but that doesn't stop me from feeling happy with my progress.

Yesterday I started the day with a long run, I messed up my walking/running intervals somehow so I ended up running more. I must have written it on my arm wrong! Then the BF and I went shopping, when we went to the car park someone told us our car was leaking gas. Sure enough there was a huge pool of gas right under the tank. It's an old car and we spent a small fortune fixing it up in Colorado before we left, but we've been getting all sorts of strange problems since we moved it here. She does NOT like Georgia apparently! We thought we'd have to tow it, so after dropping off the shopping and letting the pup out I headed back to the car park to wait with the BF. We must have been there for about an hour and a half, then we realised that the leak had slowed significantly so with our mechanics advice we drove it ourselves (it was just a couple of miles down the road to the garage!). Thankfully we saved some money by cancelling the tow truck, but we've no idea how much this fix is gonna cost. The mechanic has a theory that it's rust due to the change in climate...fingers crossed it's not a big job. We decided if the price to fix it is close or more than the value of the car then there's just no point in doing it. Luckily the BF's dad sold us his old car, which is a 2008 BMW and in great condition, so we have at least 1 reliable car around. Still, Subaru only has 170k miles and people in CO always told us it'll probably live to see 300k if we're lucky.

In times like these I try and think of the bigger picture, despite how annoying this is it's just a car. At least we're both safe and healthy and we're not the ones leaking!

------------

Scots - Maybe her name should have been spelled Cyan like the colour?! I think the Welsh pronounce it more like "Sh-anne" and spelling it phonetically is difficult because everyone's accent makes it sound different! When I was younger I typed it as "Sh-arr-n" to American friends online, because my accent made the "r" sound subtle, but now those friends really empathize the "r" sound which is technically wrong. It's pretty funny since my BF can't say my name right because of how I typed it phonetically to him online all those years ago . Now I just tell Americans it sounds like "Sean". Here's a fun video though of how I say it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7LtcW0SAcQ
There's this one guy I met and he says it differently every bloody time! It's like he has to run through his repertoire of accents even though I tell him it's right when he repeats it after me. So annoying. The worse is "Sh-air-n", that one bugs me for some reason!
Kay-reen sounds fairly simple! My best friend is nicknamed Caz and her name is Caroline. Seems to be a useful nickname to many. Are you sure you don't want to go by "keyring"?!
Old 10-25-2016, 12:16 PM   #85  
Determind Member

286 on the dot this morning, Only 6 full lbs away from my first big goal . I am 37lbs down now and I am buzzing to see what I am like at xmas Its been pretty slow the past month with me stuffing my face in Germany and getting very drunk on German Beer during Octoberfest

This last week has been a bit of a family drama around Christmas dinner plans. I have an older sister who has a partner, 2 kids, and one on the way (who we for some reason thought were having their own Xmas) and I have a little brother who has a partner and 1 kids (who we thought was going to her families for xmas) so my little gran, my mum and myself were going to go out for xmas meal this year as a little treat . Well apparently that has all changed and instead me and mum are cooking dinner and everyone is coming to us lol. Only my sister is cooking the roast because apparently me and mum and cook Lots of lack of communication and huffing happened. I sorted it all though everything is back on track and all family is now talking to each other lol.

Riestrella I hope your car recovers so that you technically have two cars on the go, I would of thought a Subaru would last longer than 170 as well. Your weight is going down, no matter the rate of quickness, it is going in the right direction, well done!
Can 100% understand the explanation with the r, In my case with my accent, a rolling r sounds like a double T to Americans. For example I used to say "come on girls" when I worked at camp in California and my rolling R made Girls sound like Ghetto's. They were very confused and I had to learn to stop rolling my r's.

Caz is a very simple way of getting a Starbucks coffee without having a pronunciation war. Keyring was what my English Art teach used to call me, it drove me crazy for years. All my American friends call me Caz, even my little granny calls me it when she texts me or introduces me to her mates lol.

My sisters name is Siobhan (Shiv-on) so my mum needed something to go with it lol.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:39 PM   #86  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

I weighed in this morning (probably a huge mistake as TOM is not over), and my weight was 213.6. .2 less than pre period which is nice! hopefully once it's really over I'll see a bigger drop. Things are much better here. My husband starts vacation on thursday, we are planning dates for friday and saturday, and over the last few days we managed to clean the whole house. The older I get, the more a messy environment affects my mood. When the kitchen is a mess my stress level sky rockets. This probably doesn't bode well considering I have a son now...

Eating has been pretty good, although I caved and opened up halloween candy. Even with candy though I haven't gone over 1400 cals a day. It still definitely isn't a healthy thing to be doing! My husband and I watched the premiere of The walking dead on sunday, and I'm still in a bit of a funk from it. The episode was so so dark (even for TWD!).

Scotsgal: I love it when that happens! You are well on your way to your big goal now! I'm trying to enjoy my 5 lb milestones but I'm so desperate for onederland, I tend to get tunnel vision sometimes though. Good for you for doing exercise too! I've completely fallen off the exercise wagon recently.

Riestrella: Nice job!! That totally sucks about the car. Subaru's are supposed to have great longevity, I'm surprised you've had so much trouble with it. We are in a similar (but not quite as urgent) situation. We have an old Honda and it's reaching the end of it's life. I'm expecting it to die any day now. We just really can't afford a car payment right now so we hope it lasts. It's just one of those things though, if we have to take it in for repairs that cost more than it's value, it's better to just move on.
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:48 AM   #87  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Isn't it the worse when you put in an hour or so into a meal and it turns out to taste like crap? Yup, happened to me last night. I bought the cookbook "Forks Over Knives" earlier in the year and every single recipe has been a failure. I know it's not me, because I use the Thug Kitchen recipes and they turn out fantastic, so we decided to give up on this cookbook and sell it. This was my last ditch attempt to see if it was worth keeping and apparently not. Which is so strange since it was so well reviewed on Amazon! I made the vegetable biryani and it was inedible. It had a really strange flavour and after taking 4 or so bites we both decided it was crap and threw it all away. I HATE wasting food like that, but I've had meals where it's been meh but I've eaten it anyway. This was just terrible. So...we ended up getting pizza instead. We only shop for the week ahead and this was our last meal before we needed to shop again and by the time I finished cooking it was 7:30pm so we thought "eff it, let's just get pizza".

Scale reflected the pizza this morning, from 171 lbs up to 172.6 lbs. However, I'm approaching my period AND I have woke up with a cold. Lucky me! Period + cold + deadline = Rie is gonna be a sad panda.

---------------

Scots - Woohoo, congrats on the loss! I love reaching those milestones! You're so close . Oh gawd, isn't it the worse when people can't just chill and make arrangements?! Glad you got it sorted! I think my sister is getting all huffy because she has to spend Christmas with her fiance's parents this year. Every year they've come to my parents, mainly because we do Christmas better than his (in his words!) but this year his parents have kicked up a fuss that they're always at ours. I know exactly what you mean with the pronunciation of "girls!" When I was teaching English in Japan I had to start pronouncing my t's since when I would say "buttons" it would sound something like "bu-uh-ons". Now my accent is messed up! My friend is called Cheyenne and she has an album on Facebook of how Starbucks people spell it, it's really amusing! Most of the time they think she's said Shannon. I actually say "Shauna" in Starbucks because it was just too much of an ordeal to say "Siān" and have them look at me funny! I had an English teacher who called me Shawn and one day I snapped at her!! Hormones and all that. I told her that I'm a girl and my name is Siān and she went on a tangent on how she wouldn't dream of correcting her teachers when she was younger (she must have been in her early 60's). I stood my ground though, I was so adamant on her calling me Siān. After class everyone came up to me and said "well done!" haha. Ah yes, Siobhan, fun fact my Mum wanted to call me either Siān or Siobhan but my Dad said he couldn't spell Siobhan so they went with Siān!!

Clay - That must mean that your weigh in after your period will be great!! Go you! I know exactly what you mean by mess cluttering your mind, I've been that way for a long time. I'm not a neat freak, but I like things to have a home and after lounging around for a few days the mess piles up. Right now I need to tidy up. When your son is old enough, I'd say around 2-3, you can make him clean up his toys! I know it sounds crazy, but when teaching Preschool the kids all knew what it meant when we played the clean up song and they really got into it. I think teaching him to run around and pick up after himself will be a great thing for you guys! I know right now it seems unthinkable since he's so young . Tip for the future?! I must admit I dipped into our packet of Milky Way bars...though my teeth are super sensitive to chocolate these days so it's been a blessing in disguise! I just can't eat that much chocolate anymore without my teeth hurting. We are surprised too, we've just not had much luck with her! It's so surprising how many issues we've had since we've moved, we definitely think the change of altitude has done a lot. Good luck with the Honda, it sucks to have car problems but you're right, there has to be a point where you stop trying to fix it and move on! We couldn't afford a car payment either, darn us both being freelancers!
Old 10-27-2016, 12:36 PM   #88  
Determind Member

I've went up ever so slightly which I expected as I started drinking some fruit juice to try and shift the tail of this cold which is draining me of all energy. I am really wanting to see a 285 something tomorrow, that would be nice, even though all I want to do is rub my face in lots of chocolate. Luckily for my diet, I don't keep chocolate in the house for that exact reason I'm not even a massive chocolate fan but healthy eating does crazy things to your mind lol. I have started to notice that my legs are looking a little droopy. That's great that I have lost enough for them to droop a bit, but it means bring on the squats need to get them toned up asap, if only I was a dancer.

Claygirl I love a clean house = clean mind. Well actually it just = less stress worrying about having to tidy the house I have a black dog and light brown carpets which equal me constantly cleaning up after her, today is tidy day for me. Don't worry about the candy, my mum came home yesterday with a snack size bar of something that doesn't get sold in the states and it was gone before I even tasted it. I had the calories for it, but the chocolate was amazing lol

Riestrella I actually read buttons as Buh-ons even though I say it with the T's lol youre rubbing off on me but yeh its difficult isn't it. I have a friend called Cheyanne (Shai- Anne) and she gets Sian sometimes I wanted a name like tracey, debbie, kat, just so that people would get it right lol.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:15 AM   #89  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Now I remember why I should avoid the scale during a period: gains + bad mood = destructive behaviour! To give myself some credit, it's not that bad. I've just been eating a bit too many grains than I normally should. I'm also a little stressed because of the deadline for the film, the director kept asking me to change little things (as he's entitled to of course) but my PMS state of mind wanted me to be done with this project! Yesterday I sent him a scene that I thought was terrible and I thought he would say change all of it, but his feedback was good and it really lifted my spirits! I think after a few rounds of "change this, this and this" it was nice to get feedback that was positive (or at least, I think he settled for what I had done, haha!).

Yesterday was the last day dog sitting for our friends, I actually really miss having a dog around the place! Even though it was a pain having to take her out multiple times in the day because we're on the 3rd floor of the building, it was still pleasant having her presence. I felt really crappy yesterday and I was contemplating skipping my run for a second day in a row, which would have meant not doing it altogether since my 5K is tomorrow, but I watched a video of my friend and his girlfriend in Sri Lanka. She's so thin and in shape and it made me think "well, SHE wouldn't skip this run and that's why she looks like that!" and I went! It SUCKED, haha! Worse run of the training! I felt so slow and stiff. I'm so happy I went and got it out of my system though, I would hate to feel that sluggish on the day of the race.

So as I just mentioned, the 5K is tomorrow! It really did creep up on me. I managed to do ALL the runs during training, which is a first for me since I tend to get lazy halfway and skip a few! I'm not really that nervous for it, since I've done 10K's before so I know I can do it. I'm just going to trot around at my own pace and enjoy the scenery and the Halloween costumes! Once I've done this 5K I'm going to be training for a 10K, but instead of my usual training program I've found a Couch to 10K program that's a lot longer. I have a race in mind that I want to do, which is in March, so it gives me LOADS of time to train. This time round I definitely want to add yoga and strength training - I've been hassling a friend of mine to do it too so I need to practice what I preach!

---------------

Scots - Ah yes, the ol' "drink some orange juice" to curb a cold trick! Instead of drinking your fruits, why not eat them? I know it's so much easier to grab a carton and drink it, but they're always filled with so much unnecessary sugar and god knows what to make them last on the shelf longer. I've got chocolate in the house for Halloween in the off chance the local kids come by (not sure why they would, since there's a neighborhood nearby that looks like a Halloween wonderland!) and it's been messing with my mind. However I've got a couple of teeth that are now SUPER sensitive to chocolate and only chocolate. Maybe it's a cavity but I can eat everything else?! It's almost like my body has put up a defense system to chocolate. So now I can only have a bite of chocolate before I have to stop. And I am a chocolate person . Oh well, it's probably a blessing in disguise. Yes yes, get on those squats and lunges my friend! Avoid sag by keeping lean and strong . I took inspiration from your signature and added my own mini goals!

Last edited by Riestrella; 10-28-2016 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:31 AM   #90  
Determind Member

I am useless I have actually been so fricken gluttonous all weekend. I have ordered 2 take outs, first one sucked and the dog ate most of it, the second was too big so I threw out some of the fries, but I ate soo much more than I would of done. However, now that that fat A** gained 3lbs over the weekend I am moving on into November and pretending it never happened lol. I will hit my 280 by the end of November and I will make sure of it lol.

Riestrella I saw your Insta pic after your run, how was it?
I still haven't shifted the cold fully, but today I will boil wash my sheets, have a hanky clear up, disinfect my house and hope for the best lol. I am loving your goals BTW, I really want to get my body fat % down to 20-25% which I would be very happy with

Can't for for November