Old 09-21-2016, 10:22 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

Height: 5'2"

You aren't missing anything. The day is any day you want that week. So put what your weight was last Wednesday for week 2 and today for this week. This week chart will be posted next week.
Nightowlrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 09:53 AM   #32  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

So my husband and I were bad on his days off this week. We had pizza night and topped off with ice cream, definitely not appropriate for losing weight! I got right back on track though, worked out yesterday, ate 1500 cals. Today I weighed in at 223.5 (a little disappointing for sure) but dragon time is here so I'm sure in a week the scale should take a jump down. I'd write more but my son is about to wake up from his nap and I want to go take a shower, an incredible luxury these days!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 11:23 AM   #33  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi everyone
I saw your thread in the new posts & when I read' Halloween Challenge' I had to check you out. My Dh is such a year round candy monster buying candy for home & the break room at his job & he Never gains weight because he works in a factory moving most of his day. This time of year candy is a necessity to him.

Is it too late to join you??? If you let me join in, here are my stats. I sure wish that I didn't eat a Big yummy breakfast this morning, it will be my last one until I get to my goal if you let me hop on here.
current weight: 157#
goal weight: 143#
I work from my home with a part-time job, so I see his candy everywhere & I'm grazing on it daily

I'll check back later to see if I'm too late for joining you'all.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 11:56 AM   #34  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

nightowlrn Cheers, Ill see if I can somehow catch up on it.

ClayGirl Good Luck on trying to get back on track, I have every faith that you will do great!

miniDoodles Welcome!! I hope you aren't too late either, but I don't really know how it all works lol. Fingers crossed everything is ok!

About me Well I feel much better today, a whole carton of cranberry juice (yuk btw) seems to of put me back on track. I am now at my lowest which is 290.7 I still have 10lbs left to lose before Halloween, which might not sound so far fetched if I wasn't going to Germany for 6 days between now and then. I will still work my butt off to get as close to it as possible though.

Last edited by Scotsgal; 09-22-2016 at 11:57 AM.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:23 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone! Thank you Riestrella for starting this challenge, I've been looking forward to it as it helps with motivation and support. Good to hear from everyone, new and old!

At the end of last month, I came back to LA after a 2 month vacation on the East Coast. I struggled with overeating a lot although once I started hanging out more with friends and stopped eating to deal with loneliness, I was doing much better. The last month has been pretty stressful with moving, going back to work and dealing with some personal issues involving heartbreak and loneliness. But last Tuesday (the 13th), I finally decided to get serious about losing the weight because I'm turning 29 next month and it's made me realize (among other things) that I have no more time to lose this weight before I leave my 20s and I'm frustrated with not losing weight each year even though I want to. So I made a promise to myself (and a friend of mine) that I would lose the weight for real this time no matter what it takes.

I'm still in my old job where I get free veggies and proteins (plus potatoes) plus free calorie controlled lunches at work so I've been focusing on eating meals with just those (to save money too) with some sauces I enjoy and I've been doing really well. My problem in the past is after work, feeling stressed and using food as a release and not being able to find anything better. But I finally found something better than food (reading books/blogs from a comedian friend of mine) that really cheers me up when I'm down along with exercising which helps with endorphins and that's kept me from binge eating and eating out. I'm not perfect - I've had higher calorie days where I eat 1600-2000 calories but at least I'm exercising 1.5-2 hours of running on those days so I'm at least maintaining those days. It's a work in progress but I'm feeling much less out of control with food and I feel an inner resolve that I'm doing this.

I've been having a lot of fun exercising as my friend made an amazing workout music playlist that I've been enjoying running to. Plus I go to the track and time myself and that helps me have something to work for. I'm still doing parkour, dancing and hiking to add some variety. I've done 1-2 hours each day except for my 1 rest day a week and that helps a lot. I'm definitely losing weight as I went from 145 at the beginning of this month to 143.6 as of last weekend and my clothes are fitting me better and I've lost an inch from my waist so that's encouraging. I'm enjoying the process and trying to get balance with being able to eat out once in awhile as well.

Riestrella Glad to see you back and congrats on the weight loss! I hope the film job goes well, not procrastinating is tough but I'm sure you can do it. 5Ks are fun even though they're shorter, you can work more on speed vs. endurance.

Scotsgal Glad you were able to get back to your lowest weight! 10 pounds is totally doable if you keep working at it. I loved being in Germany the last time I was there, just make sure to do some walking and that will help. Total Warrior sounds awesome (I am a big American Ninja Warrior fan) and it can always help to have a challenge to train for.

Claygirl1518 Good for you for getting back on track! Sounds like you're making great progress even with a cheat day thrown in. Hope the scale goes down soon!

miniDoodles Welcome! You can definitely still join, just go to the spreadsheet (on the first page of the thread) and put your stats in and enter in your weight each week. Have you tried asking your husband to hide the candy from you? Maybe he could give you one piece if you stick to your eating goals for the day. It definitely helps if you have other people supporting your goals and not making it harder for you but I'm sure you can make it happen in any case!

Today is not the best eating day as I ate an AMAZING burrito (omg LA has the best Mexican food) and I'm going out to eat with a friend later tonight but I got in an hour of running and I'll try to do an extra workout later too. But I had a small breakfast and I'm going to only eat half of my dinner tonight so that should help. Hope everyone is having a great day!
Zucena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 07:58 AM   #36  
Determind Member

Zucena Welcome back!! I cant believe you get such cool free food at work, that will really help you to get back on track. You really have some cool opportunities to work out with, Parkour?? You must burn some good amount of calories doing that. Where in Germany did you go? I have been to most major cities and town, yet I bet you will still be able to mentioned somewhere I that I haven't yet been. This trip involves flying into Berlin but staying in Leipzig, Jena, Halle, and somewhere else near Halle, before flying back from Berlin again.

About me
Apparently drinking a carton of cranberry juice (which is only 40cal for the whole thing), is the answer to sorting me out lol.

I have had no motivation at all to work out, so last night I made up a sheet of stuff to do every single day to tone up a bit before I go to Germany in 14 days. How much toning do you think you could do in 14 days? lol
Old 09-26-2016, 08:51 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 252.2 Goal Weight: 200

Height: 5'2

Default First Timer

This is my first time on a Blog Page. I pulled up the spreadsheet and I opened it in the Google spreadsheets app and I imputed my information. This just might be the motivation I need!
Nikkisue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:30 AM   #38  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Week 3 Charts!

Overall Chart:

20-Somethings Chart:
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 01:20 PM   #39  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Well, this has not gone as planned (not surprised, just frustrated a bit). I've been focusing hugely on work lately, and as you probably know that usually equals weight stalls/gains for me (because I stop measuring food). I'd like to make the very end of this month and all of next month count.

Rie, could you add me back to the spreadsheet? I have all my weights from previous weeks I'll put in (not that they're any lower than my start weight, but whatever).
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 04:32 PM   #40  
Determind Member

I am hoping that I can weigh in tomorrow morning at a lighter weight than I was this morning. If not.. then poopy.... I haven't even lost 1 full pound.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:02 PM   #41  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny105 View Post
Well, this has not gone as planned (not surprised, just frustrated a bit). I've been focusing hugely on work lately, and as you probably know that usually equals weight stalls/gains for me (because I stop measuring food). I'd like to make the very end of this month and all of next month count.

Rie, could you add me back to the spreadsheet? I have all my weights from previous weeks I'll put in (not that they're any lower than my start weight, but whatever).
You're back!
Old 09-29-2016, 07:30 AM   #42  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Yay! Thanks! I love these challenges - I don't enjoy missing much of them.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 03:48 PM   #43  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys, sorry I've been quiet recently. I'm sending out a call to arms to give me a firm talking to. To be blunt - I really need some help. I felt like I'm usually the one giving other people a pep talk, so you'd think I'd be fine at giving myself one, but that isn't the case. I'd appreciate if you could read my post and send me some kind words, but tough love is always welcome.

If I was ever on the wagon, then my wagon hit a boulder in the road and sent me hurling through the sky before crashing to the ground in a heaping, bloody mess. It's not as dramatic as I make out, but it made me chuckle thinking of that imagery.

I've gone from 168 lbs to 173 lbs. I'm actually IN the 170's (as opposed to dangerously close to) for the first time since 2011. I'm closer to OBESITY than I am to healthy. How did it happen? I've spent the summer literally inactive, in a state of hibernation ironically enough, because I hate humidity and I just moved to a humid climate. I didn't exercise, but my food intake was relatively good. Then the boyfriend gets contractor work which means he works 2 weeks in Colorado and then gets 2 weeks home in Georgia. Something interesting that I've discovered about myself all too well as of late - I eat more when I'm alone. My boyfriend is almost this silent, unknowing pillar of support that stops me from eating myself into a stupor. When he's not around, I go overboard. I wouldn't say I binge eat, because I think that would be unfair to say considering some people have a huge problem with that, but I can definitely say with confidence that I eat way too much. More than a person needs and at night time, worse of all.

Also, my boyfriends company was willing to pay for my flight to and from Colorado if I wanted to visit him while he was away. A free weekend to Colorado? Awesome! Oh, he also gets a daily meal allowance that's far too generous which means we can eat out all the time for free? Alllrrriiight! (Said in the tone of Linda from Bob's Burgers). So last weekend I had sushi, Thai food, junk food, a burger...nothing really of nutritional merit (bar the sushi, but not the amount I eat).

I returned to Georgia and thought I would face the music, I stepped on the scale and saw 173 lbs and it's been around that weight for the last couple of days.

I can't do this anymore! I'm so TIRED of being overweight, of feeling so uncomfortable in my own skin, of not looking after my body - my vessel through life. I shouldn't be abusing it with terrible food, I should be feeding it with all the goodness that comes from the earth and keeping it strong for the years to come. Over the past 4 years I've gained 24 lbs...I know it could be SO much worse but that is such a huge deal to me! My clothes are starting to get snug, I'm starting to see my face get rounder and rounder and what am I doing about it? Stuffing my face and not exercising. I'm so sick of the way I live, I don't WANT this yet this is all I know...does that make sense?

I didn't post on here because I felt ashamed in all honesty. I run these challenges and see so many awesome people lose weight and here I am - challenge master who can't even succeed in her own challenges. It's not the reason I do them, of course, but for once I would love to see myself be successful at one of these things. I'd love to see my name on top one of these days. But I can't keep dreaming it, I have to change my life to make it happen.

If anything good has come from this realisation it's that I need to change. Being obese is something that honestly scares the crap out of me. I know I'm being dramatic here, but I'm scared of having some sort of heart attack or becoming diabetic or something related to being obese. I want to live a really long, healthy life if I can help it. I want to be able to still walk, swim, run, hike when I'm 60. My boyfriends dad is in his late 50's and he just did the Triple Bypass bike race (120 mile bike ride over THREE mountains) so it's not an impossible dream.

I've sat and done some thinking and I'm starting to come to the conclusion that perhaps counting calories isn't for me and that's ok!! It works for so many people, but it doesn't have to work for everyone. I'm going to have to sit myself down and do the "serving size" plan that I did sometime in 2015. I lost 4 lbs in a week and it felt so effortless - except the part where I had to plan every little meal and snack in the day. But once I had figured that out it was smooth sailing. The idea is is to consume the right amount of servings per food group. I can't remember off the top of my head how many, but it emphasized protein and vegetables, with some grains, fruit, dairy and fats and little of anything else.
Despite my stupid brain trying to talk me out of it, I'm going to enter a 5K for the end of October. I'm going to do a C25K 4 week plan and get out there and do it. I think I've mentioned this previously. I work best with a exercise goal that has costed me money, as weird as it sounds. The weather is finally starting to cool here, which makes me so insanely happy because I can feel myself getting excited to start running again.

If you've managed to make it through this post and you feel like you'd like to send me some words of encouragement, please do. Any sort of "just DO IT already" would be awesome. I need you guys for support!

Sorry for the lack of personals - I will keep up with them from here, I'm positive.
Old 10-01-2016, 01:13 PM   #44  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Riestrella: everything you said really resonated with me. I feel similarly in many ways. I feel like I failed myself by gaining too much while pregnant, and ignoring for months while I gained 15 more lbs. Im still 5 lbs away from my postpartum weight. It totally sucks. I'm trying really hard not to focus on how frustrated I am about the time I've lost, and how uncomfortable I feel in my own skin. It doesn't help me to dwell on that, it makes it worse. It makes me want to throw in the towel. I'm trying really hard to stop and think about how my actions will really affect me. I'm an emotional eater, it's a real problem. The combination of emotional, comfort eating and having to eat fast has been a real issue. I'm also trying to replace my emotional eating with ano there behavior. You know, Classic conditioning type stuff. I have an aromatherapy inhaler of essential oils that supposedly support metabolism and control hunger. When I'm "hungry" or craving something I inhale the blend for six 5 second deep breaths. I don't know if the oils are helpful, but honestly just stopping and taking a few deep breaths with a pleasant scent calms me down and helps me make better decisions. I try to remember to reach for that before I reach for any food.

I know you're feeling disheartened now, but I know for a fact you can do this. You have inspired me, and all of us here to achieve our goals. I like to think we all here are in this together, and we share in our successes and missteps and help each other carry on. You've got your own cheerleading squad on here with you every step of the way. I believe in you! 😊

I also totally agree on the heat and humidity here. It most definitely stopped me from going out at all and working out but thankfully cool weather is finally here! I will probably take James to walk at the botanical gardens sometime next week, if you want to join us I would love to meet you! (You can email me at [email protected])

About me: I'mean weighing in at 220.6 today which makes me feel better, I need to remember to reset the scale so it tracks body fat and water so I don't get so discouraged when my weight shoots up! Im still losing very slowly and my energy is crazy low. I think my metabolism is probably damaged from dieting off and on most of my life. I have an appt next week with my endo so I'll talk with him about it and see if there's anything I can do to help my energy levels. I'm working out every other day, and staying on track with my food. I'm also trying to meet new people and moms around atl but I have this "no one will like me because I'm fat" complex so often it's hard for me to make new friends bc I automatically feel like I'm unlikable and will be rejected, so I make it a self fulfilling prophecy by isolating myself. It doesn't help that my parents reinforced that belief for myou entire childhood (oh the drama!). I'm working on emotional baggage while I work to lose weight bc in my experience they are inextricably linked.
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 04:05 PM   #45  
Determind Member

Girls I hope things start to look up for you both. Riestrella, Sometimes changing the norm really helps to shake things up a bit. I hope it works, also coming from someone who is on the scale of morbidly obese, you are right to be scared. I may not have any health concerns, but It does scare me that the potential is there.

I am glad to see that we are into October, I have 31 days to work my butt off and try my best to get as close to 280 as I can get. 2lbs a week possible? I will try my best to get there.