Old 10-31-2016, 09:07 AM   #91  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Week 8 Charts Everyone! I'll be leaving the spreadsheet open for Halloween week, then posting the results next Monday.

Overall Charts:

20-Somethings Chart:
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:28 AM   #92  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

So on October 29th I did my first ever 5K! Usually I do 10K's, but I entered the 5K as a way to gently ease my way back into running. I managed to complete all 3 runs a week leading up to the event, which is a first for me since I usually end up missing one or two.
My boyfriend was a real trooper, he dropped me off, waited for me to finish and took me home again. Bless him! The venue where the race began was wonderful, it was Rhodes Hall in Atlanta. The race wasn't that big, I think there were about 400 runners so it was a relatively small race, lots of people dressed up in costume and it was a dog friendly course so even some of the dogs wore costumes! I think next year I'll have to dress up too!

The course was hilly!! I've complained about hills on race courses in the past, but this was by far the worse. If you know me, you know I hate running up hills . Unfortunately I did end up walking for small portions of the course, I knew that I would probably be faster power walking up the hill vs. trying to jog up it. I tried to make up the difference on the downhill portions though. I finished in 34:21 at a pace of 11:04 min/mi. Considering I only trained for a month and my current weight, I was pretty happy with the result. I also came 22nd in my age group and 128th overall - not too shabby!

Here's a pic of me before, after and my new t-shirt (that's very soft and nice to comfy to wear around the house!)

I'd love to do this race again next year when I'm lighter and faster!

Today and tomorrow I'm going to be putting the finishing touches on the film I've been editing for the past month. It's almost coming to an end, huzzah! Though I am scrambling a bit at the last minute I'm happy to almost be done. The next couple of months I'm working on a project that I'm really excited to be apart of (and there's money involved, at last!). No fun Halloween plans today, unfortunately, just working. Maybe a horror film later!

Good luck for the last week guys!!

-----------------

Scots - That's a shame about the takeaways, what triggers you wanting to order them? For me it's always stressful situations that make me want to get fast food. I think if you can identify the cause then it might make it easier to avoid them. Alternatively, give yourself a free cheat meal a week so you don't end up going overboard. Good luck on operation disinfect!! How do you calculate body fat?
Old 10-31-2016, 03:42 PM   #93  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Yay!!! Well done!!! Looking Awesome!

I always order when I'm not prepared or can't be bothered cooking. When my mum is here its like, well I need to cook for someone to eat, but when she isn't here its like..... Can't someone else cook for me? It is sheer laziness, there isn't any healthy takeaway places in my home town so I always scroll through my take away app thinking awww can't someone come make me a salad

Sometimes (on the rare occasion, like on sat night) its just sheer greed

My scales have little metal things on them that can calculate body fat. Sometimes you have a machine at the gym that you hold out in front of you and it calculates? then there is like the fat pinch test that cave men use when they don't have the metal thingy.

Last edited by Scotsgal; 10-31-2016 at 03:44 PM.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:01 AM   #94  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

Delicious for Christmas 2016 is up and running! This challenge will remain open for a week to give people a chance to put in their Halloween weight, then the results will be announced on Monday!

I can't believe it's only 8 weeks until Christmas, eep! Now that it's November I can say that I'm going back to England next month! I can't wait, I haven't seen my family and friends since April 2015. Unfortunately I have gained weight since they all last saw me, but if I manage to get to my goal weight for the Christmas challenge then it won't be like I've changed at all!! Hopefully next year I'll be much lighter and I can surprise them with my weight loss . That's always been a fantasy of mine, to wow people who haven't seen me in a while with incredible weight loss!

How was your Halloween? I weighed in at 171.2 lbs, a slight gain from last week but I had to be honest with my weigh in. Last night I did succumb to Halloween candy...I had about 4 bags of mini Skittles and a couple of fun size Milky Way bars. Definitely went overboard there. Back to business though!

I haven't worked out since my 5K on Saturday and I've used work as an excuse. Today is my deadline, so I'm going to spend today finishing up the project and then tomorrow I'm going to start my 10K training. If I'm gonna lose the weight by Christmas then I have to get to work after all.

-------------

Scots - Thanks! Ah yes, laziness is a cruel mistress. Have you thought about meal planning for the week ahead and doing one big shop for it? It's what I do and it makes it extremely difficult to go off course. I feel like I'm wasting money if I let vegetables rot away. Another idea would be to delete your takeaway app, it's so easy to order food from your phone especially if you don't have to ring anyone!

Last edited by Riestrella; 11-01-2016 at 11:02 AM.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:39 PM   #95  
Determind Member

I have also dreamt of dazzling people with a big weight loss. I love to go on these tours to Germany, and one left today, one is at the end of November and one in December. While I really really want to go on the one in December, I know that If I leave it and try get on the one in April, I will be about 25-28lbs lighter which is an overall 65lbs off. I think people will notice that . It is also probably about a total of about 36 inch overall loss. I may stick to that plan

This morning My weight came down a little closer to my lowest point which is a huge relief. Lowest is 286, yesterday was 289.1 and today was 287.6. I have been really really good today and would love to see me get back down to the 286 for my weigh in tomorrow, ill of lost nothing, but it at least wont be an overall gain

Riestrella I do a shopping every 9 days and everything is actually planned out very well, but things always pop up. Like yesterday my uncle found out that he had a heart attack and mum went straight after dinner out to go see him. Today she will go straight from work, but luckily I already took food out of the freezer before she made the decision, so I can't call anything in. My sister also sometimes makes dinner for my mum (but not me ) so that's another last minute meal that ends up being for one. I would say that 80% of the time I can make for 2 and half it and freeze the other half for another day when I get ditched. But 20% of the time if I have the money I will call something in. When I lived on my own I had no problem at all..... Because everything was bought and separated into singles. I just can't seem to work out a timetable for when my mum is needed last minute. When it comes to my app, sadly I am not easily fooled by myself. I know that it would take less than 30 seconds to download it again have tried this approach a few times lol. If I can just get my business up on its feet and bringing in good money then I can move out and not worry about making meals for 2. But I also know that me moving out will cause my mum to instantly start gaining wait again, She still needs to learn about how to eat properly, just now she is only losing weight because I make the meals.
Catch 22
Old 11-02-2016, 01:57 PM   #96  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Scots - Do your best, but I've always learned to just take weight loss as it comes and hope it aligns with a time when you can wow people!! Eep, you're so close, keep on going!!
I'm sorry to hear your uncle had a heart attack! How is he doing? Do you not get along with your sister? Sounds like something my sister would do too, hah! Well, I'm sure you'll find your own method for resisting takeaway. I prefer knowing what's in my food so takeaways kinda scare me, I always worry about all the crap they put in, especially Chinese food and big chain pizza places. I've got this irrational fear of being food poisoned!
As much as you worry about your mum's weight, it's her responsibility more than yours. I completely understand you though, I've seen my Mum slowly gain weight throughout my life and swear she's going to lose it. She must be in the late 200's, but I'm not certain. When I lived with her in 2012 and lost 50 lbs she told me I inspired her and I think if I wouldn't have left she might have lost it. But, she didn't .
What's your business?
Old 11-02-2016, 07:58 PM   #97  
Determind Member

Riestrella My uncle is ok, he has been very high up in the police force and works doing terrorism stuff in the UK, so he is very fit and healthy, but he needed to get two stents put in. He will recover but I think the days of red wine and cheeses are over for him lol. I don't think the fear of being food poisoned is irrational lol its very rational I would say. I can't usually order Pizza unless I watch them make it because I am allergic to pepperoni and most places use the same knives, surfaces and what not. Our Chinese is very reliable, but I wouldn't go anywhere else lol. I am an natural worrier about my family like most people are, I get on with my sister well but I think she feels that as an Auntie I should do more to help her with the kids, but I don't drive (Yet!) and I live with mum, so I can't take the kids on alternate days from my mum. She is a natural bossy boots and moody cow, but I accept it which means we actually get on quite well lol, I just let her moan.
Old 11-03-2016, 04:08 PM   #98  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey hey!

Just a couple of days left in the challenge, make sure to weigh in and to enter measurements if you opted to put those in . Also join the Christmas challenge if you want to stay accountable over the holidays . I know I'll need it!

Today I went on a nice walk around Piedmont Park with a friend since I thought the trees would have changed colours. Nope! Haha, a couple of them had changed, but most of them are still green. Still, it's a nice clear day and HOT! I know I need to get used to it since I live in the south, but I don't wanna . The trees in my area are changing so I thought for sure the park would look amazing! Oh welly, it was still a nice day and I got to hang out with my friend.

----------------

Scots - Glad to hear that your Uncle is ok. It scares me when fit and healthy people have heart attacks! Was it blood pressure due to stress?! Sounds like he has an intense job! My sister is the same way, I think she holds it against me that I up and left the country and haven't spent time with my nephew. I don't really get along with her that well, though she would tell you differently. Anyway, I'll start a big long rant about that if I don't stop myself now!
Old 11-04-2016, 12:20 PM   #99  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

I just did a normal no no for me. Weighing in the middle of the day (I usually weigh first thing when I wake up).
Weight: 212
Stats: body fat % 44.4 (started at 49%, has been around 46-47 this week)
Body water: 34% (normally around 30.5%)
Muscle % and bone were the same they usually are.

So I'm holding onto a TON of water for some reason. Also, I'm very thankful for scales that show me more than just my weight! It definitely helps in times like these.

I took my measurements again and that turned out well, I've lost at least an inch in all areas which is always nice to see. Thanks for adding that as an option this time Riestrella!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 09:34 AM   #100  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Just 2 days left in the challenge! Please enter your final weigh in and if you opted to do so, enter in your measurements too!

I'll be making the final charts on Monday and handing out some badges .

Clay - Considering you weighed in the middle of the day those are some good results!! You should be really proud of all the weight and measurements you've lost .
Old 11-07-2016, 09:47 AM   #101  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Here it is…the results!! Thank you all for such a great couple of months. It’s been great getting to see your results and sharing my life with you too. I hope you will continue to join me in my next challenge: Delicious for Christmas 2016!

First of all a disclaimer – The top 3 overall winners will receive the overall awards. After that I will choose the next person in line for a winner of the sub-forum awards. This is so more people get to win shiny badges.

The Gold Pumpkin Award Goes to:
TerryC

Starting Weight: 186 lbs
Halloween Weight: 166.2 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 19.8 lbs
% Weight Loss: 10.65%

The Silver Ghost Award Goes to:
LadyA

Starting Weight: 313.7 lbs
Halloween Weight: 289.5 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 24.2 lbs
% Weight Loss: 7.71%

The Bronze Bat award goes to:
Nightowlrn

Starting Weight: 168.6 lbs
Halloween Weight: 156.8 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 11.8 lbs
% Weight Loss: 7%

WOW! You guys are incredible! Huge congratulations to you all. Now onto the sub-forum awards:

The 20-Somethings Gold Pumpkin Award Goes to:
claygirl

Starting Weight: 226.5 lbs
Halloween Weight: 211 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 15.5 lbs
% Weight Loss: 6.84%

The 20-Somethings Silver Ghost Award Goes to:
Scotsgal

Starting Weight: 294.6 lbs
Halloween Weight: 286.6 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 8 lbs
% Weight Loss: 2.72%

The 20-Somethings Bronze Bat award goes to:
Riestrella

Starting Weight: 173 lbs
Halloween Weight: 171.2 lbs
Total lbs Lost: 1.8 lbs
% Weight Loss: 1.04%

A huge congratulations to all of our winners!! I’m not done handing out badges just yet, because some of you weighed in every single week of this challenge. Staying accountable is one of the most important aspects to weight loss, and you should be commended for that effort.

Here are our Haunting for Halloween 2016 Finishers!

Rebelle
Workinglikeadog

I will PM all the winners with their BB code to put their badges in their signature. I hope you’ll wear them with pride!

Last but not least, some of you chose to chart your measurements, check out how many inches these awesome people lost!

Thanks again for everyone who participated, see you in the Christmas challenge!

Final Overall Chart:

Final 20-Somethings Chart:

Last edited by Riestrella; 11-08-2016 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-08-2016, 10:10 AM   #102  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Thanks Riestrella for putting together another awesome and rewarding challenge!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 10:38 AM   #103  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

You're welcome! Congratulations on winning!!