Old 02-04-2016, 02:03 PM   #211  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Now that that's all taken care of I feel like I can really sit back and not worry so much about the challenge! Thank you all for your continued support, it really does mean a lot when I'm changing things up all the time on you guys and you still stick around. Especially when the challenge used to be so simple...click here...enter weight...done. Oh well, we won! You guys are delightful bunch of gum drop squirrels.

So I'm feeling SO MUCH HAPPIER today. It's made me realise just how down I've been feeling lately, like holy sadness, Batman. I hope it keeps up. I think I need to make a point of getting out of the house and just doing stuff, even if it's just going to buy a singular grape from the store. Sometimes I need to coop myself in my nest but too much of it makes me feel depressed and I don't even realise it.

I got out and went to a Barre class this morning and it really helped! Just being out the house, around people again (not that I have friends there but just being in proximity of other people!) and working out really worked wonders. I went to the store and bought some much needed healthy snacks. My goal for the week is to stop eating chips with lunch - not necessary and just empty calories! So I got some carrots, cucumber, hummus and some whole grain wraps to use for lunch instead of bread.

I did buy a chai tea latte from Starbucks but shh...I only had a banana for breakfast and I wanted it...

Today I'm going to take advantage of my good mood and tidy our area of the house, do some laundry, get back into my editing work and then do one of my hobbies tonight when I'm done.

Oh yeah - big bosomed ladies, where do you shop for your bras? I've looked into size conversion from UK to US and apparently I'm a 34 DDDD/G. Does quadruple D really exist over here?

--------------------------

Penny - Ooh, where are you going this weekend? Hope you have fun! Don't feel nervous about food, you've done so well I'm sure your natural instinct to be on plan will take care of things. You resisted over Christmas after all! Aww, thanks!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:26 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

Ri have you checked out Victoria's Secret? You can probably find more sizes online. Thanks for all your work on the challenge!

Working at maintenance here! I feel like I am in a cycle where I have a good time on the weekends and jump up a pound or two, then work during the week to lose it, put it back on over the weekend, lose it over the week, etc. etc. We have been redoing our kitchen so meals have been a lot of cheese and crackers and carrots and Amy's frozen meals, etc. I am also exhausted from all the work- we are doing it all ourselves with the help of my dad who has construction background from his college years. I am anxious to get everything installed etc so I can go back to cooking, and have more time to try and exercise a bit!
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 03:29 PM   #213  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

HDWD - Yup, they only go up to DDD in my band size. I'm not proportionate when it comes to bras! Ah yes, the curse of the weekend. The struggle is so real. Maintenance is still something to feel good about though, you could easily get stressed with the remodel and gain but you're doing well to not gain!
Old 02-04-2016, 04:39 PM   #214  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Caldawg - good work on resisting temptation on your mums birthday!! It's so tough being around all those tasty things and being the only one not over-indulging, but I swear there are few things that feel as good as the pride and victory of success afterwards

Librarian - sometimes I have to remind myself that losing weight takes a lot longer in reality than I would like it to. I think sticking to a diet and exercise plan is so hard that after a few days or couple of weeks we expect to see the number go down and real results in terms of what we look like, but the problem is that it doesn't always work that quickly. Maybe you aren't doing anything wrong? Maybe you just need to give yourself time to start losing again, rather than feeling like you're stalling?

Rie - glad you're feeling more positive and I hope that you can keep feeling like that for the rest of this challenge! Going to an exercise class definitely gets me in the zone and, I agree, sometimes I stay home and tell myself it's a good thing, but I know if I do that too much it's not good for my brain or willpower.

Went to body attack tonight and, man, am I sore already!!! Felt good to be back at the class though and know I'm stronger and fitter now than I was a month ago. This week feels like it's going to be much better than the last two, where I have been slipping off the wagon a bit here and there.
dayoneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 09:16 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Rie I'd try a department store, if there's a decent one nearby. Macys, or JC Penney... I dunno what's around that area, but I find those are always the best options as you've got so many choices for brands, and bigger sizes, and more often than not you can hunt around on your own for a bunch to try on without some over-enthusiastic sales person in a specialty store dogging your every move (maybe that's just my sad experience with lingerie stores haha)
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:53 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 125kg/108kg/90kg

Height: 158cm

Thanks heaps Dayoneagain. I had another win today; I avoided eating a bacon sandwich AND sponge cake with whipped cream. I am feeling really strong and determined. A little hungry, but strong, determined and on track. It has almost been a week since I started, I have been to the gym 3 times this week and I am enjoying it. Hopefully I can stick to it!
caldawg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 01:34 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/130

Height: 5"6

Unhappy

After slacking off for about 3 weeks, I'm ready to get stuck into this challenge again! My diet hasn't been so great recently, which is probably due to the fact that I lack self-control when going out with friends etc, in addition to the mentality of "I deserve this" when really I don't. My one consolation is that I read an article recently about the benefits of standing while working, and since I work in retail with 9 hour shifts, I'm probably burning a fair few calories by doing that.

I went for a run this morning for the first time in about 2 weeks and was glad to see that my fitness hasn't declined much - I did about 3.5km with a combination of jogging and walking and didn't feel dead by the end of it

I'm also struggling a bit with the mental side of weight loss. I have days where I really look in the mirror and don't like what I see, but instead of motivating me I turn to food instead for comfort. On the flipside, sometimes I really like how I look and think "I don't really have to do anything with my weight, it's all ok because I'm only a size 6-8", which I don't think is a great attitude to have either.

I think that I just have to keep at it - the thing that motivates me the most is seeing that number go down (which hasn't been happening at all recently!). My inactivity from this forum probably hasn't helped either, considering that when I post more, I tend to take more care with my dietary and exercise choices.
wemakesparksfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 02:52 AM   #218  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wemakesparksfly View Post
I have days where I really look in the mirror and don't like what I see, but instead of motivating me I turn to food instead for comfort. On the flipside, sometimes I really like how I look and think "I don't really have to do anything with my weight, it's all ok
Haha, this is so me! After doing some thinking about this a few months ago, I came to the conclusion that this was because I think I hold two totally contradictory views about myself as a person:
1. I'm a fat thing that needs to lose weight to be worth anything
2. I'm a great person and actually I look pretty good, so there's no big rush to lose weight
It's a bit crazy that our brains can do this to us. I resolved to try and keep statement 2 at the front of my mind, but add on a bit around 'but you deserve to look better and have the figure you've always wanted'.

I am definitely a firm believer (now) of treating yourself with kindness to get results. It seems to be working so far. My previous tactic of telling myself I wasn't good enough only led to putting on more weight in the long run.
dayoneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:00 AM   #219  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Hey guys, looks like I've missed a lot! I've been successful at maintaining but honestly that wasn't my goal. However, I'm at the point now where I am accepting that right now isn't my time to keep losing weight. Work has been absolutely insane, and the fact that I've even maintained is a god send. I haven't had time for physical activity and when I do the weather is awful.

All that to say, I'd love to keep tracking my weight here if that's okay, but I am limiting my posting here until I feel ready to get back to losing. I tend to feel guilty being involved in these challenges and conversations if I'm not losing, but I know that's not a good mindset. I need to be happy with where I am! I don't want to completely cut the 3FC cord because that won't be useful to me either
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 11:53 AM   #220  

S/C/G: 180/166/140

Height: 5'7"

I am at a place where I feel really disheartened and down about my body. I really like the way my body looks when I'm at my thinnest; I'm lanky and muscular and a little masculine and I feel like a comic book character. There are things I like about my body when I'm fat, too; my breasts are full and round, and my skin is tighter. But right now, I feel so gross. All my skin looks loose to me, especially my belly which is straight up saggy, and my breasts, which are flat and deflated. But I still look fat, too. None of my clothes look right; things that were flattering 15lbs heavier look kind of stupid now. I know intellectually that I like the final results of weight loss, but it's hard to stay motivated and feel good about what I have accomplished when I look in the mirror and my body just looks so irredeemably ruined to my eyes. I am worried my boobs will just get flatter and my skin will just get looser and I'll never have a shape that I like again.
I should probably buy a couple pieces of clothing that fit me right, but it feels wasteful since I hope to loose atleast 15 more pounds. How often do you guys buy new clothes as you lose weight? How do you guys cope with body image issues like this?
ultrapeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:03 PM   #221  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

I'm excited to go away for the weekend, but next week is going to be killer! I'm not even sure when I'm going to sleep... I'll make it, though. Right? Right.

My water weight is coming off, which is awesome! I'm feeling less puffy (hooray!). And now I feel like I have the 140s in sight (just barely, but still). I need to not mentally psych myself out because it's a) a new decade and b) the decade where I am a clinically normal weight! I need to settle in, focus, and not get too keyed up.

Rie: I'm glad you feel better! It's always so great to get out of a funk!
Usually in the USA if you need a 'specialty size' bra, stores don't carry it. You'll probably need to shop online unless there's someplace in your area that carries less common sizes like that (I have another friend with the same problem - she's 32E).
I'm going to a cabin at a lake with friends this weekend! The lake freezes and we play games and watch movies and sled - it's great!
I think I'll always be at least a bit nervous about food I don't control. It's so, so easy for me to slip, even if I've been doing well. Sometimes in the past I haven't even noticed it - it's bizarre.

HDWD: How's maintenance going overall?
Good luck with the remodeling! That's always so much work!

wemakesparksfly: Welcome back! I too find that posting here helps with the daily struggle (quite a lot, actually).
I hear you on the mental struggle. Sometimes I have to 'zone out' from weight loss so I don't burn out or get discouraged - by which I mean I track food, weigh daily, but don't ruminate on it.
Wow, you're a 6-8? I'm jealous! At the equivalent weight for my height, I'm a 14 (and still am).

NNS: I was in a similar boat for most of January. I maintained within a couple pounds, which was amazing even though I didn't lose. I just had too much to do, so I counted calories but eyeballed measurements (that equals maintenance, apparently).
Definitely post here while you're maintaining! Maintaining is a great goal, and this challenge is about meeting goals and/or supporting one another. I think 3FC will probably be helpful maintaining, too.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:15 PM   #222  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys!

So I overate slightly and didn't drink enough water so I'm up this morning to 167.2 lbs. I'm also coming onto my period so I'm trying not to get too down on myself about it, though it is annoying seeing myself get heavier and heavier when I really want to lose! BUT it's down to my actions since I'm getting sloppy with calorie counting so I really need to up my game there. I've been doing well with not eating chips with dinner though, that's a huge plus! I've gotten into such a routine with it that my brain assumes there's going to be something with lunch so it's been a little struggle but I've powered through. I'm really enjoying having turkey wraps again - it feels so much lighter than a traditional sandwich even though I use the same fillings.

I think cutting out an extra portion with lunch is highlighting how important it is to wait for your food to digest. I have such a huge problem with eating too fast then before I know it I'm really full. I remember reading a book called "The Japan Diet" that was essentially focusing on eating slowly, taking small sips of water in between bites, putting down the utensils in between bites as well and then stopping when you feel full. Also eating things in small portions to help with this, so when ordering from a restaurant ask for a small plate and take food off the main plate and put it on the small plate and eat from that. Then of course there's the emphasis on vegetables and protein vs. grains! I need to work on these things.

Today I did a Zumba class which was a lot of fun. The teacher is just so happy and oozes confidence, I quite envy her! Confidence is something I really need to work on since I've always been lacking it when I think about what I look like if that makes sense? I'm a bubbly person who can talk and make friends and be a goof, so it takes a certain amount of confidence to do that, but when I start thinking about my body and the way I look I can really withdraw. Even today at the Zumba class she turned to me and said "Let go!!" because I obviously was thinking about how my boobs might jiggle if I did a certain move rather than just doing it and having fun and caring.

---------------

dayoneagain - I love that feeling of going to a fitness class and getting so owned by it!! I did a boxing class once and I couldn't move my entire body the next couple of days, it was nuts.

rainbow - Yeah, I was thinking about Macy's and Nordstrom, so I'll head there. I absolutely hate bra shopping, I usually take my Mum with me because she's so patient about fetching me all the sizes and deals with me moaning! I would probably annoy the crap out of a sales person who would have to fetch so many bras since it's not a case of picking up a bra with the right size and that being fine...it has to be the right fit too! Don't get me started on over enthusiastic shop attendants, I know it's their job but oh man I HATE going into Lush in the US! They bug you SO much and push so many products on. Plus, it's like twice as expensive as it was in the UK! I feel like saying "I can only afford this ONE thing, leave me alone!"

wemakesparksfly - We sound like the same person, I definitely have that "I totally deserve this" streak when really I haven't lost any weight! And then when I do lose weight I overly treat myself...I'm like a dog I want food for a job well done. I would suggest having a fitness goal rather than a looking in the mirror goal for now if that makes sense. You mentioned you run, why not enter yourself into a race if you haven't already? I lost the most weight when I had something to train for, I loved pushing myself to run further and faster and then eventually found myself at 149 lbs. I definitely understand you when you say you sometimes feel like your weight is ok, I get that a lot too! "I'm fine, whatever, shouldn't have to lose weight to feel good" but then I'm oh so wrong. So I like to focus on fitness and healthy eating instead to combat that!

NNS - I think the great thing about 3FC is that no one will hold anything against you. If you post all the time it's awesome, if you post occasionally that's fine, if you don't post at all and come back it's absolutely ok! So if you WANT to post - post. Don't worry that you're not losing, you can still come here and talk about your day and support others.

Ultra - Sounds like you're in that awkward middle stage of weight loss, I think if you push through then you'll definitely benefit from reaching your goal because of how healthy and fit you'll be. Though don't be surprised if you have no boobs, a couple of girls I know say that their boobs shrunk and that's the thing they miss - but I bet they don't miss their bellies! I buy clothes for myself every once in a while, mainly down to money but also because I don't feel like I'm at a weight where I can look nice if that makes sense? I'll do my best to look good but I don't want to focus too much on fashion when I have weight to lose!

Penny - Ugh, I'd hate to order them online since I tend to try on about 10 bras before I find the right one! Hoping I'll have some luck at the mall. We'll see. Oh wow, that sounds sooo cool, can I come?! Well, maybe it's good to be nervous since you'll be more conscious of slipping up? Most of the time when I'm around delicious food I forget all about weight loss, all about the body I want, all about being healthy and I just get in this pig out zone. I need to be more nervous!
Old 02-05-2016, 11:00 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 172/165/132

Height: 5'8"

caldawg - awesome! Great that you are resisting temptation and that you made it to the gym three times. I'm happy that you're feeling good about yourself and it makes me believe that I can do it, too. I remember the last time I was at my fittest, exercising a lot and eating relatively healthy and how great I felt in general. We just need to get out of that vicious circle of turning to bad foods, or I do at least. I'm sure that now you have that momentum, you can keep it up.

wemakesparksfly - I totally feel you. I also turn to food when I feel fat and disgusting, and there has been a lot of that lately. Let me know when you find a cure!

ultrapeaches - Sorry you're feeling so weird right now. I try to put off buying clothes, but you know, it takes long and you want to have clothing that fits. Do you think that a large part of your negative body image right now is due to the fact that you don't have any clothes that suit your current body type? Maybe just a few new outfits that fit right will help - don't forget one or two really good bras to shape that area. What kinds of exercise are you getting? I'm a yo-yoer (not proud of it) and I feel that I like how my body looks more mid-weight loss when I'm doing a lot of strength aside from cardio to build muscle and make my body firmer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways.. I'm up two whole pounds this week, but I'm trying not to get upset because I totally deserved it with how I've been eating. I weighed in at the gym with my hair wet and wearing underwear, but I'm sure that's not enough to account for the huge gain.

I don't want to let it get to me because I am very pleased with myself today. I got up early to go to the gym before class, had a short but good cardio session and started with weights again, first time in years. Aside from the actual workout, my phone tracked over 16000 steps today. And I had light and healthy foods (until this evening when I sort of let myself go a little, but nothing too dramatic considering how active I was). Getting on this forum helps me remember what I am doing, put away the ice cream and get a glass of water.

Then there's another major motivator. This will sound so silly, but I'm attending a wedding in April where my first ever boyfriend will also be. I was devastated after he broke up with me (more than eight years ago). He was single for a long time but now he has a new girlfriend, who, I learned from Facebook-stalking her, is absolutely gorgeous. I am settled down and have a boyfriend and a house and everything too, but I still want them (both the ex and his new gf) to not think I am hideous when they see me, haha!

I found a dress I would like to wear to this wedding. Can I share the link? Let's see:

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses...ur-whirl-dress

What do you think?

I don't think I can pull it off at my current weight though, so really want to tone up and lose a dress size or two. I'm half considering buying it now but I know that's a really bad idea. Do you guys ever buy clothes hoping they will "some day" fit you?
runthecontinent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 01:22 PM   #224  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Don't you just love it when you stay on plan and you lose a bit of weight? I really do just need to buckle down and stay within my calorie range and everything will be fine. It's how I lost so much weight back when I first joined, I just need to DO IT! Nevertheless, I felt really inspired this morning, it was just one of those moments that made me think "...alright, point taken, let's keep doing this".

Yesterday I ate below my calorie limit, which I've actually decreased to 1200 calories because I add calories I exercise and eat back half of them. If I don't eat back any of the calories that I burn during exercise then I become a monster, so I settle with half since I can never completely trust the calories burned estimates that MFP gives. I went with 1200 since that's apparently what I should be eating to lose 1.5 lbs a week but as I said I don't completely trust the calories burned so I'm hoping this will create a deficit that way.

I went out last night and no, I didn't eat healthy but I didn't go over my calories either - which has always been a huge deal for me! I had a couple of chicken wings, a couple of carrots that was served with the wings (but I didn't dip them in sauce) and a handful of fries and guac. The most important thing was that I really slowed the pace of my eating, I ate a wing...paused...then ate a carrot...waited...etc. I think this really helped with my portion control! Usually I'm just focused on my own plate but because we were all sharing it really made me slow down and not pork on all the food to myself.
I did have a couple of cokes (the glass was completely full of ice too which I like since it dilutes it) and then went to get a slice of cheesecake that I only ate half of. So yeah, I'm not gonna sit here and say that I was super great last night since I did eat badly, but despite the TYPE of food I ate I was 1.4 lbs down this morning, so I'm down to 165.8 lbs making my weekly average around 166 lbs. I know full well that eating so much sugary goodness is not going to get me to my goal - but baby steps!

Today I did a circuit training "class" which wasn't so much a class since the instructor was off sick and we essentially worked out ourselves! They set up the stations for us and we times ourselves and helped each other, it was nice but without an instructor I didn't feel as pushed to do my best. Tonight I'm gonna go out with another friend, I'm gonna make sure that I eat healthier tonight and don't drink soda with my meal but stick to water.

-------------------------

runthecont - A part of me is going to say don't worry about how you look in front of your ex, what counts is looking nice for your new boyfriend and you're happy in your life - that will radiate more than anything. But the other part of me knows that if I was in your situation I'd probably feel the same way! My ex boyfriend probably wouldn't care or feel anything about me looking good or bad though and perhaps yours won't either? Hey, whatever motivates you though! Yes, I have 2 dresses that are purposefully small because I loved them so much. Well, one of them I bought NINE freaking years ago and I still have never fit into it! I think I'll cry when I do. Another one I bought last year, it was a bit more pricier than I usually spend so I wanted to get it just one size smaller. I actually tried it on yesterday, I'd say I've got another 10 lbs to go before it will zip up at the back.
Old 02-07-2016, 05:03 AM   #225  

S/C/G: 125kg/108kg/90kg

Height: 158cm

First weigh in tomorrow for my diet! Feeling super nervous! Hope everyone has a great week
caldawg89 is offline   Reply With Quote