Old 01-07-2016, 11:47 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 198/198/136

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone! I am so happy to be able to get back on this site. I am just starting to get back into my routine. Going home for the holidays definitely threw me off my game. My friend came over to do PiYo with me today but we decided to do one of the shorter, easier workouts to ease us back into it. I also just received a dance DVD workout which I am really excited to start! I cant dance at all but I figure if I am alone in my basement it doesn't really matter and it will be a fun way to burn some calories.

Dayoneagain: I think I if you are going to count calories it is best to REALLY count because it is so easy for sneaky calories to get you! I know there were certain healthy foods that I was shocked by the amount of calories per serving!

TinyTiger: Yay for internet access! I have been traveling back home from the holidays and found it difficult to log in. I am happy to be settled again so I can join in on all the conversations! The Bahamas would be wonderful! and a trip someplace hot sounds like great motivation! Who are you traveling with?

Sinderhella: Leaving some food for leftovers is a great strategy. When I was growing up I always felt that I had to finish my plate. Now I that I am forcing myself to leave leftover I am actually finding in empowering that I choose when I am finished eating. I have never done Weight Watchers before so I can’t help you with the points but I think switching out the noodle for salad was a great choice!

anity: Whoo Hoo One week of home cooked meals! I think that it is a lot easier to eat healthy foods when you cook at home and can control what goes into the recipes.

Penney: Plateaus suck but if you just stay focused like you are you will see results! I am not sure what your budget is for workout videos or what you like but I have been doing PiYo for about a month and really like it. It is low/no impact so it wouldn’t be disruptive to your neighbours. It isn’t as much cardio as running or jumping jacks but it does get my heart rate up.

Riestrella: That boxing workout sounds awesome! I am jealous of all the classes you have access to. There is no gym where I live so I am stuck working out at home. That sucks that you went overboard on the sushi but I feel like now that you are aware of the calories, maybe next time you will be able to control yourself a little more (or not sushi is really good)
Izzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:50 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone! No time for personals...been a long week, I have been home sick But getting better!
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:42 PM   #93  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

So, this whole counting calories things has really opened my eyes. No wonder I've been stalling for so long! I've just been eating way too much food. It makes me feel a little silly now, I suppose, but I'm so happy at the same time to have this mystery solved. I've been listening to peoples advice about being HONEST and counting all calories I consumed, which has actually been difficult because there was a part of me that didn't want to count certain things. Like a little piece of chocolate here, or a chip there...but wow, I know it's so OBVIOUS but it's eye opening how it adds up. And I've been doing this weight loss thing for years!

Yesterday I ate mindlessly for no good reason, then at the end of the day I was tempted to not even count what I ate. But I did it, and I was 500 calories over. It makes me think how many days have I been going over like that and not even realised it?
Now that my eyes are wide open to how much food I truly am eating I feel confident that I'm going to be able to move forward and actually freaking GET OUT OF THE 160'S ALREADY. It's been THREE years, Rie, get a grip!! If I stay within my calorie limit and maybe even under it then I think I'll lose weight in no time. After seeing how crazy successful Penny has been with CC it gives me hope, thanks for the inspiration Penny!

It's going to be hard to cut down food, I LOVE food and I get hungry a lot. But if I want to lose weight then I have to be strict and count the calories.

I've given myself today off from exercise since my body is screaming for a break and I don't want to over-do it since I'm going to New York tomorrow! I'll be posting an announcement with my next post.

------------------------------

Tiny Tiger - That's going to be a huge help I think, when I lived near convenience stores I used to go and get snacks all the time. Also, ready made meals too (this was Japan, so it wasn't AS terrible, but still bad), which wasn't good. It was stupid because Barre is hard and I had just done a hard boxing class so I was just whining about how my body was going to ache, hah!

Izzie - We're glad to have you back! What's PiYo? I use Class Pass, which gives me access to local gyms/studios. It's awesome! The only down side is people trying to get you to join their particular gym since they're technically not getting much money from people who go with Class Pass. It's $89 a month where I live, but it's definitely for the heavily populated cities. I lost loads of weight with Insanity and that was a home workout, so I definitely think home workouts can do the job too, it's just about motivation! Haha, yes...sushi is delicious...I limit myself to once every couple of months!

HDWD - Get better soon!

Last edited by Riestrella; 01-08-2016 at 01:13 PM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:54 PM   #94  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

From Saturday 9th January - Monday 11th January I will be in New York City! So munchey will be in charge of giving you the link to the spreadsheet. From Tuesday 12th January resume PMing me for the link. Please remember to keep the link to yourself and don't share it with people who ask for it in the thread.

Week 1 Charts will be done on Tuesday 12th January!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 01:10 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 136/116/100

Thanks for the welcome guys! Not much time to post but thought I'd stop by and wish everyone a great weekend ahead!

Tiny Tiger: Hi twinny! lol Nice to know there's someone here in this challenge with similar weights. Will be especially looking forward to your progress

HaveDogWillDiet: Hope you'll fully recover soon!
chunkie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 04:21 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 198/198/136

My weekend it off to a good start. Although I did hang out with friends last night and had a few too many cookies. Already did my workout for today but I am hoping to fit another one in tonight. The DVDs I have been doing at home are a mix of Pilates and Yoga and so far I am like the results. It has been a month and I feel like I am becoming more flexible and my arms are more toned. I am also thinking about starting c25k (again... but this time I will finish it!) What is everyone else doing for exercise?

--------------------------------

HaveDogWillDiet: Hope you feel better soon. It is hard to keep pushing forward when you don't feel 100% but you've got this!

Riestrella:
I feel like you make a really good point about how many days have you gone over by 500 calories. In one week that is a pound! Even though I am not counting calories I am trying to be more aware of what I eat.

I think you made the right call in letting your body have a rest day. If you need it you should take them from time to time. Hope you have a wonderful time in New York! What are you going there for?
Izzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 11:39 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GOOD WEIGH-IN THIS WEEK!

REMEMBER! YOU DON'T FAIL UNTIL YOU QUIT TRYING!

Last edited by munchey; 01-10-2016 at 12:10 AM.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:04 AM   #98  

HEY EVERYONE!

I'm working on a couple of introspective mental exercises this week. Thought I'd share them in case anyone else wants to participate.

1. Post 3 things you like about yourself

2. Make 3 positive affirmations at lease once this week (better to do the exercise more than once this week)

Here are mine:

Three things I like about myself:

I'm creative and sometimes innovative

I like to help people and share knowledge

I'm independent and I'll many times try to fix things on my own

Here are 3 of my affirmations:

I can control my food intake

Exercise makes me feel better

I have the power to reduce my stress and how I react to things
Old 01-10-2016, 07:57 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 218/163,9/127

Height: 5'2

That's cool Munchey! I'll give it a go too!

I'm a good friend
I'm smart
I'm good at making people laugh

Here are 3 of my affirmations:
I can be brave
I won't care what others think of me
I can lose weight!
Photosphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:21 AM   #100  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Happy to be losing weight really wanna hit my goal.No gym since car is totaled.i downloaded.a walking app that has you walk for 15 min 7 days a week.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:55 AM   #101  

Photosphere:
Good job on your lists! A good, smart friend with a sense of humor is a valuable thing! You can do this!

SkittlesFireHawk:
The Popsugar website has a lot of great workout videos. If you go to the address below, you can find some at home cardio. You can search on the site for other workout opportunities. They say that circuit training is a great tool for weight loss.

http://www.popsugar.com/search?s=cardio+videos
Old 01-10-2016, 12:29 PM   #102  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Nice idea, munchey.

Three things I like about me:
- I have integrity and am true to myself
- I'm a good cook (useful!)
- I'm a natural optimist

Three affirmations for this week:
- I can stay in control and have another great week!
- Be patient; give yourself the time it takes to succeed!
- Exercising after work will give you a much needed buzz!

Last edited by dayoneagain; 01-10-2016 at 02:36 PM.
dayoneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 08:40 PM   #103  

So today was weigh in day for me. Down to 221.4 from last Sunday's 225.8. So that's a good loss. On the bad side I messed up bad yesterday with a whataburger binge. I couldn't say no when my husband said he wanted that for dinner. I need to have better will power and search for healthier options.

lets see if I can do this mental exercise.

1. I'm cute as a button
2. I'm a good mommy
3. I'm not afraid to be who I am, even if that is a big dork =P

Three affirmations for this week:
1. It's okay to feel overwhelmed sometimes, everyone does
2. I can easily find healthy options when I don't feel like cooking
3. Eat for nourishment, don't eat to fill some emotional hole or boredom.

I hope everyone is doing well this weekend and has a healthy week ahead!
Sinderhella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 11:15 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

I am back to the land of the living, hahaha!
Way too much to get caught up on, but I did want to jump in on the calorie counting discussion Ri and others have had. The reason calorie counting worked for me was because I did NOT follow the app's suggestion of eating more calories when exercising. Those estimations on how much you burn while exercising are often way off. I would stick to a specific goal no matter how active I was, per the recommendation of my doctor, and that is how I was able to lost weight. I was even reading an article this morning on how some people gain weight while using a FitBit product and app because it overestimates calories burned. Same thing with MyFitnessPal. I actually turn off the function that shows you "how many calories" left and just count the calories I know I have eaten and strive to stay around 1200-1400 regardless of activity. Once my doctor told me to not use the application's suggestion of how many calories I had left to eat, it became clear to me that I was way overeating at the suggestion of these apps. Just my experience personally!
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:24 PM   #105  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Hey guys, just a quick post..I'm alive! Barely. Ugh. I've been sick for going on 5 days now. Finally back at work today.

I'm "up" four pounds in the challenge, but in reality I'm down 4 pounds from my high weight around New Years! Assuming my health gets better this week, I think I should be able to knock out that last four pounds of holiday bloat by this week's weigh-in and then it's back to losing. At least, that's the plan It's back to my normal food plan this week and hopefully exercise will come shortly after. Don't want to push that quite yet.

Hope everyone is doing well. Personals another day!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote