Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 12:45 PM   #16  

Hiya everyone. Just popping in to say hi. Nothing to report on the weight loss front as I am taking a break.

Update on wedding planning. I went home this last weekend and went dress shopping with my mom. Well.. after warning her that I was *not* buying a dress.. I bought a dress. Its a little less traditional then what I pictured, but I love it.

It has spaghetti straps (although I might go strapless), has a fitted waist, the top area has like silver and light pink and white flower detail, and the bottom is white satin (not that full.. although I might add a slip to make it more full) and has an organza overlay with the same flower detailing. It also has a train that is just the overlay. Hard to describe and I can't find pictures of it online. I have some that I took with my digial camera.. but they don't do the dress justice. The best news.. while its a 900 dollar dress.. I got it for 300. It was such a good deal I couldn't help but buy it. Plus it needs only minimal alterations (unless I lose more weight.. but thats not a bad thing!).

Anyways.. I hope all you brides to be have fun dress shopping.. its hard work!
Old 09-04-2003, 05:20 PM   #17  

Good for you Tonic!!! It fun when you find the one that you like and the price was sure right!! Yeah!! Keep us updated :-)
Old 09-05-2003, 10:59 AM   #18  

Thanks golfergirl
Old 09-05-2003, 01:14 PM   #19  

The website that I swore by was www.ultimatewedding.com. I was on their message board everyday and that is where I got a TON of great ideas. I highly suggest it!
Old 09-05-2003, 03:09 PM   #20  
Hoping for Success

PLease post a pic soon tonic. I would love to see it!
Old 09-24-2003, 09:26 PM   #21  

HELP! I am getting married and looking for a exercise/weight loss buddy. I got engaged in December, lost 20 pounds on Atkins, gained it back, and have just started to workout this week. I have done weight watchers and Atkins before but always gain back what I lose. I have 7 months and really need to stick with this, make permanent changes, and feel great on my wedding day. Can anyone committ to being my workout buddy?
Old 09-24-2003, 09:39 PM   #22  

Hi aprilbride!
Welcome! If you use this board, you'll have lots & lots of exercise/weight loss buddies! We are here to support each other and it'd be awesome if you'd join us.
How much weight are you looking to lose? I'm 32 pounds in, to a journey of losing 82 pounds total!
It'll be me & my husband's 1st anniversary in Oct....ah, the fond memories.
Anyway, let us know more about yourself and how we can help!

Jen
Old 10-03-2003, 08:28 PM   #23  

golfergirl, how many people were at your wedding?

I want to make my own wedding cake also; I bid on some pans on ebay, and I found a recipe for rolled buttercream frosting (works like fondant, but tastes good). I want to add in a cake fountain thing on the bottom, just because I can. :-)
Old 10-03-2003, 10:17 PM   #24  
Fighter

My wedding was wonderful, and inexpensive. All the bouquets, flower halos, pew bows, and corsages were made by my grandma and her friend from silk flowers and ribbons we bought really cheap at Michael's. My grandma, mom, aunts, and great-aunts cooked all the food, (salads, chicken, pasta, etc.) and my mom's friend made a fruit sculpture. Her other friend made some really neat centerpieces out of some candles, vases, and other miscellaneous cheap stuff we found at craft stores. She was really creative, and put a lot of really cool things together. We had a friend that DJ'd, so that was taken care of, and got the champagne glass bubbles at the dollar store. We got the bridesmaids dresses at a huge after-prom sale at JCPenney, and my mom's friend made my dress from a medieval fairy tale pattern I found on Ebay for 4 bucks. All the material cost me about 120 dollars. I wore 10 dollar ballet slippers (you couldn't see my feet anyway) and had my makeup done at the Clinique counter. We cut a lot of corners and tapped into a lot of friends' and relatives' talents, but the end result was hugely successful! I hope yours is, too!
Old 10-09-2003, 09:33 AM   #25  

Trixiepup-

At the reception there were about 200... the cake probably would have fed about 500...we had leftover cake forever!!!! Buy a Wilton cake book...or go to their website and check out the charts of how many pieces you can get out of each cake. It was stressful but good. We did all different flavors and that was a huge hit!! I am making mini tiered cakes for my sister-in-law's bachelorette party next weekend. I don't know how much time that will take but it's a great idea. I will let you know if I think it would be impossible to make for a large group or not...
Closed Thread