Old 11-22-2015, 09:23 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

HDWD Congrats on the loss! Thanks for the support - incremental changes in the right direction are a good thing for sure.

Penny Those reflective thoughts are good I think - the awareness of where we could be is always a good way to keep on track. If I hadn't started joining challenges in the past few months I feel like my gaining would have just slowly continued. Let's be glad we're making the right changes!

Rie They just opened a few Hot Topic stores here in Vancouver and it's a little dangerous - the Ghibli stuff they have is pretty cute! I got a dress when I was over in Toronto in August, and nearly bought a few more pieces when I visited the newly opened store here - they had some CUTE sweaters, but the fit was weird. I didn't see the kimono, but it looks lovely! I dunno about doctor stuff. I haven't got an appointment set for a few months, so I'm kinda holding off until then. I just started on some herbal sleep remedy stuff so I'm hoping if I can improve my sleep quality, I'll have a bit more energy during the days.

Tiny Tiger Sorry to hear the house stuff isn't quite happening in the way you'd like, but fingers crossed you get to move in by Christmas! Friendsgiving sounds fun! We did it a month ago here for Canadian Thanksgiving and it was a nice occasion to be with friends and eat some tasty food. You're right - any loss is a loss!

~Sorry if I missed anyone or anything - I wanted to jump back in but only really looked at this page.

I had another small, incremental loss this week, I guess anything that isn't a gain is a good thing! We did have somewhat of a feast last night with a couple of friends over, but it was all kind of appie stuff and I don't think I ate too much overall.

I hosted book club on Friday night, which was a little bit stressful just as having a group of people over that I don't know all that well kind of got me on edge. It went pretty well, but I did feel relieved when everyone left and I could go to bed haha.

I'm trying to think ahead to eat good, healthy meals for the next two weeks - our work Christmas party is coming up on December 4th (can't believe it's almost December!!) so that will be a night off. I have a cute, festive dress to wear and my boyfriend and I have a hotel room booked in the hotel where the party is for the night, so that should be a fun break from reality.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 10:04 PM   #92  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys!!

Life: I've been a busy bee the last couple of days. On Saturday I went to work with the BF to do some contractor work. I was literally making boxes, lining them with bubble wrap, hauling in loads of toys for children, bubble wrapping the top then sealing the boxes up. Then piling them in a storage room. These boxes were huge too! I worked for 12 hours, it was rough, I was exhausted at the end of the day. I don't know how people do it for a living, because that's a tough job! I didn't sleep very well despite being so tired, I kept dreaming of boxes...

Today I skyped with my parents which was nice. Typical though, my mum has been bugging me for years about when I was going to get a job in a film related field, now that I tell her I have work she asks me "how's the job search?" as if she's expecting me to get a "normal" job!! I said "mum, I've got a paid editing job" but she didn't seem that excited. That's the thing with my parents though, they'll act like they're not that impressed but then they go off and tell all their friends and family about it! As a thank you for working such a long shift yesterday, which was optional but I wanted to help the BF with his job, he treated me to a sushi lunch today. We had a decent amount and he said "yeah, I think that's enough" but in all honesty I could have eaten twice as much but I resisted! Then we spontaneously decided to go watch a film, so we saw Bridge of Spies which was meh. Been a long time since we saw a great movie in the theaters!

Health: So I bit the bullet and signed up for Class Pass today! I even felt all nervous entering my payment information because I knew that it was a commitment to do the classes. So my schedule for the week is:
Tuesday - CorePower Yoga I Beginners Yoga
Thursday - 75 min Barre class (I might regret this...)
Saturday - Soul Sweat dance class
I'm nervous but excited to try something new! My weight this week was 163 lbs, so unchanged from the last 2 weeks, but I'm hoping the next weeks workouts will kick start a downward trend in my weight. Here's to hoping!

--------------------

HDWD - Congrats on the loss! Goal weights are hard, especially when you've never been that weight before. I spent my teens being late 150's/early 160's so I don't actually know what it's like to be a healthy weight. My goal is 130, but I might end up stopping at 140. I'll see how I feel when I get there. I think when I don't have flabby rolls on my body I'll start maintaining, but until then I'll head on towards 130!

Penny - I also stopped telling people that I was trying to lose weight, because then if I slipped up and treated myself they'd say "aren't you supposed to be on a diet?" My Mum would also encourage me to slip up because she has her own body issues and I think she liked seeing that I was going off plan so she could feel better about doing the same. 3FC is my place to rant and get advice and I try and leave it in here!
That's a great thing to contemplate and you should be proud of how far you've come and the bright future ahead if you stay on track! It is pretty scary to think of the weight we could gain, I can't remember being 200 lbs that often but when I do I remember the depression I had alongside it. Even though I've lost 37 lbs I still feel uncomfortable, as you said. I store all my weight on my torso so I have a big belly, it's the worse! I've popped so many buttons off of jeans and pants...I can't wait to not worry about those things anymore.

Tiny - Good game plan for the thanksgiving meals coming up. A proper balanced plate should be half veggies, a quarter protein and a quarter grains. If you can literally position your food on your plate that way then I think you're on to a winner. Another good tip I find is to not pile food UP but spread it across the plate to make it look like you're eating more. Also, one serving is plenty of food! Sorry about the waiting for the house, at least you've got another month to wait...fingers crossed you can move in soon! I understand why you wouldn't like not having a home base, I actually have been a member at 4 different gyms now and I always leave because I'm a bit of an ADD workout person. I get really bored of gym equipment so I love having classes to go to, so class pass was really appealing for that reason!

rainbow - No harm in seeing the doctor earlier if needed, it's what they're there for after all! Hope the remedy works out for you though. Woohoo, well done on the loss! Any loss is a loss and a step in the right direction. Haha, I'm the same way with events, I actually love planning them and having people over, I feel like I'm a natural host - but when they leave I'm so ready to get into my PJ's and slob out! Are you reading anything good?

Last edited by Riestrella; 11-22-2015 at 10:05 PM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 01:55 PM   #93  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 3 Charts everyone!

Overall Chart:

20-Somethings Chart:

If you still want to join the challenge then please go to the first post for the rules + the link to the spreadsheet! If you were already part of the challenge but your information is gone, it's because you haven't weighed in for more than 2 weeks. If you want back in the challenge, please ask me to re-add you to the spreadsheet.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:34 PM   #94  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Anyone here have experience with real life weight loss buddies? How did it go? What were some good things and not so good things about it? Would you recommend it? If so, why? If not, why?

Rainbow: I am very glad we're making good choices! I don't like the weight gain creep-up at all.
A loss is a loss, and the downward trend is the important part. Well done on your loss!
I'm glad you had a nice book club meeting. I agree, I get kind of stressed too with people over when I don't know them. But it sounds like you did well!
What does your cute, festive dress look like?

Rie: You've been busy! Editing and box-making and classes and more! It's awesome that you have work in the area you love (the editing).
Your classes sound so fun! Let us know how they are!
Yeah, I NEVER tell anyone I'm trying to lose weight. When they notice anyway, I tell them I'm focusing on being healthier (which is true). I also never, ever tell them my plan. EVER. It just ends so bad (like with me wanting to strangle people). I only ever say I'm trying to eat healthier and be more active. Sometimes that's still not vague enough...
I remember being 200+ lbs. I was so, so uncomfortable. I felt trapped in my body. I get panicky just thinking about it.

Last edited by Penny105; 11-24-2015 at 12:44 PM.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:51 AM   #95  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Hey guys. Sorry I've been MIA so much! Work has been super busy. I have SO much to get done before Thanksgiving and I don't know how I'm going to find the time. I'm still not sure of our Thanksgiving plans, but we should know more tonight. I'm hoping we get a more official invite to the home of some new friends, but otherwise it will be just the two of us.

So I am still up a pound from my starting weight. For the first couple weeks of the challenge I wasn't working out as much as I had been, but was still eating the same. Things are leveling off - I'm exercising more and eating a bit less. I also admittedly snuck a peak at my measurements and am down some in that way, even if my weight isn't down!

My plan for this week is to keep my meals relatively small and healthy, and exercise as much as I can, so that I can enjoy Thanksgiving day. I really wanted to go for a run Thursday and Friday, but the weather is looking awful! I'll try to post some personals later, but if I don't have the chance, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:51 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Rie: I did a three month temporary job when I first moved here that was literally just packing binders into boxes and then shipping said boxes out of the office, ALL DAY EVERY DAY. I was physically more tired than I'd ever been at the end of those three months! Too bad it didn't translate into weight loss actually, I think all the extra office treats and new country excitement contributed to gaining instead. Sounds like it was a tough day for you! Sorry to hear your mum isn't quite as supportive as you like - I totally get that. Good on you for committing to the classpass! I'm sure you'll see some great results with those set in your schedule!

Penny: Thanks for the kind words. I'm including a pic of the dress below! It has little vintage style puppies with bows and popping out of stockings - it's very themed haha(Hopefully this works). I've been wearing kind of looser stuff since I put some weight back on in the past year, so this is a bit of a departure from that for me - just in terms of it being a little more fitted through the waist. Maybe I'll post a picture of me after the party! I don't look nearly as good as the model though. As for real life weight loss buddies, I kind of did something once with my cousin, but I found it tough to do that with someone who, in my eyes, didn't really have a lot to lose at all. She was already a very healthy weight, so maybe it would have helped if it had been someone more my speed? She is a super fit person anyway, so I just found it tough and a little disheartening doing it with her.

Here's the dress:

NNS Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you get some time to wind down and relax!!

~I'm a broken record - I'm so tired. BUT my boyfriend pointed out that I should exercise regardless, and he made me feel a little guilty, so I just did a 20 min workout when I got home. I'm about to cook shower and cook some dinner, and now I'll feel less guilty about watching a couple TV shows tonight - though I do intend on reading a little AND getting an early night.

My weight is up a little today, maybe because TOM is about to hit, and maybe remnants from what was surely a sodium filled weekend. Here's hoping I can continue the trend from the past two weeks in a more solid way.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:23 AM   #97  
Hello!

I think I'm about 15 lbs or so down from my restart, and while I still uncomfortable and too big, it has taken the edge off. I felt like an inflating balloon, and these 15 lbs let just enough air out of that balloon to reduce the pressure. It's nice. But I know it'll get so, so much better.

At my restart, I was starting to feel like I used to, like I was packed into my body too tight. The feeling has lessened a lot with 40+ lbs, though it's not gone completely. It'll be nice when I don't feel it at all anymore.

NNS: Yeah, sometimes even when the scale doesn't budge, your measurements shrink. I don't know what that's about, but it certainly happens. At least it's still movement (just not on the scale).
Have a great Thanksgiving! And I hope your weather clears up so you can get your runs in!

Rainbow: What a cute dress! I love the holiday puppy pattern on it! You'll look great in it, and be so festive! You should definitely post a picture of you in the dress if you want to. I hope your holiday party is a lot of fun! You're going to rock that awesome dress!
The person I'm considering for a weight loss buddy is slightly obese. Basically, they do better health-wise with a partner (and I want them to be healthy; they're important to me). I've never loved having a buddy, though. It feels restrictive and like more work. If I did do it, it wouldn't be for a while. Probably not until I hit at least the 130s and/or felt solid on my weight loss abilities (I am about all I can handle right now; another person would be too much).

Last edited by Penny105; 11-25-2015 at 12:23 AM.
Old 11-25-2015, 12:48 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 345.2/341.6/200

Height: 5'8"

Hey all! I've put my info in the spreadsheet and I'm looking forward to hopefully hitting my goal by Christmas. Here's hoping those Christmas jammies fit a little loose.

You are all doing amazing, by the way!
kswizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:07 AM   #99  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys!

Life stuff: I wanted to get going with my film editing job when I got back late after yoga/doing some grocery shopping for Thursday, but after lunch and a short break the mother in law came down and asked me if I was ready to go pick up the Thanksgiving ham. I was hoping she would have gone on her own, but I said a while ago when we ordered it that I would go with her, so I went. We were out for like 3 hours . We got the ham, then she took the long way home which was admittedly a really nice road to drive since it was right next to the mountains, but took longer and we hit traffic. Then we went for a beer run which took FOREVER! We had a list to go from but that didn't stop her from looking at all the beer before settling on the usual. Then on the way home she said "oh, I know what we can do tomorrow" but I had to say "I'm working tomorrow, sorry!" She's a school adviser so she gets the week off and I think in her mind she thought that I would be spending the week with her, but I've got a job to do! I gave her the one trip to get the ham because I said I would, but now I'm getting stuck in with the work. I felt so guilty not starting sooner.

After a lot of technical difficulties with the hard drives that have the film footage on I managed to get them working. I say I, but really the BF did it! He's great with fixing computer issues, if I tell him something isn't working he'll just jump up and try to fix it and won't stop until he does. Then when I sat down to look at what the original editor had done I was astounded by how poorly organised it all was. Basically when you edit something you create a sequence, and in that sequence you put your footage in and rearrange it the way you want. This guy had created a sequence for every single days worth of footage by just dumping all the footage into a sequence. So where there should be a main film sequence (which will be the final product) and additional sequences for key scenes there were like 20 sequences that had no real editing work involved. I'm basically starting over, I created my own folder and I'm going to work from there and not bother touching the mess he made. Rant over!

Health Stuff: So yesterday I went to my first workout class using Class Pass, a beginners hot yoga workout at CorePower. It was great! The teacher was super helpful and friendly, she even gave me mini-massages during the class which I thought was amazing, haha! I was a bit wobbly and had to go into child's pose a lot during the long downward dog sections. My shoulders are so weak! She suggested that the next time I push into the ground with my hands so I'll have to try that. I was a little nervous going into it, but I'm actually really happy I went. I know if I stayed at home and tried a yoga workout on YouTube I would have given up. Plus, the heated room was actually really nice! I felt my muscles relax more with the flow of the movements and the heat in the room. I'm not quite ready to do Hot Yoga, which is like a sauna, but maybe one day.

I ended up eating a bit too much yesterday. I had oatmeal, a sandwich, then I was out for ages so when I got in I had pita chips and hummus. I'm always so weak, I should have carrots and hummus but my carb-minded brain always wants something salty. Stupid, Rie! Then dinner was crab cake sliders so I felt I had too much carbs again with the slider buns. Oh welly, it was an unusually busy day so I need to do better today and get back on it.

Tomorrow I'm doing a barre class at The Dailey Method, a "75 minute Turkey Workout Blast!" which sounds scary! I think it's a mix of traditional barre, pilates and yoga. Should be interesting, I hope it's good and not too hard!

-------------------------------

Penny - I had a real life running buddy temporarily and it was actually great. We were already really close friends and we were doing a 10K together with work, so she would drive to my house and we would go on a run. However I didn't run next to her, I basically took us to a canal path and said I was going to run and turn back. Even though we didn't run side by side it was great having her come over to motivate me to go, and knowing she was there made me run a little faster. When I went on a run with my BF a couple of weeks ago it was my fastest run in a long time because I saw him in the distance and wanted to run faster. Weight loss buddy, not so much. I think an exercise buddy would be ideal, because you can keep each other accountable, but I'm not sure how I'd feel discussing weight loss with someone in person. I'm not even sure why since that's all we do here! I guess it would make me feel even more guilty if I didn't lose weight like they would? Who knows. A friend of mine goes to those weight watchers type meetings, she's lost a lot of weight that way so it must work for some people.
Congrats on the weight you've lost so far! You should be really proud. I feel a bit balloon-like right now, I know in about 10 lbs time I'll start to feel better. The 150's is when I started to feel like I was heading towards "slim" but the 160's for me still feel like I'm overweight. Keep on swimming!

NNS - Sorry you're so busy!! I hope you get all the work you need to get done soon so you can have a nice relaxing Thanksgiving. Probably a good thing that you measured, it shows you are losing even if the scale isn't saying so. Stress is a big factor to weight retention too, so if work is stressing you out then I'm sure once it's over you'll notice a drop. Hang in there!

rainbow - How did you feel after your workout, any better? I think staying active will really boost your mood levels too, think about the results rather than the work if that makes sense. Drink loads of water to flush out the sodium and I'm sure you'll go down soon. If you haven't worked out in a while then that probably explains the gain too (along with TOM!), I always gain a little after working out.

kswizzle - Welcome to the challenge!!
Old 11-27-2015, 10:43 PM   #100  
Hello!

Well, I'm back from my trip for Thanksgiving. It was a lot of fun! And I did well food-wise. I planned out everything I would eat, and I stuck to it. When I had to make substitutions, I tracked it and stayed within my calories the whole time. I got to enjoy plenty of Thanksgiving goodies (including pie!) and was still on plan. I definitely enjoy the holidays more that way!

So, I saw my mom for Thanksgiving and she noticed right away that I'd lost weight (she said I was looking skinny, which is nice to hear but so not true). I deflected well, but she won't be fooled for long. She noticed way before anyone else last time. Luckily, that means everyone else won't notice for at least another 10 lbs, probably!

kswizzle: Welcome to the challenge!

Riestrella: Making time for work and family can be tough. But I think you did the right thing by standing firm and working. I'm sorry the previous editor made such a mess - but I'm sure the filmmaker will be very glad to have you on the job instead!
Your hot yoga class sounds like fun! I'm glad you had a good time! I've always kind of wanted to try the sauna version, but I am a huge yoga beginner, so it's probably not a great idea... Let us know how the barre class goes! I'm interested to see what that one is about.
Yeah, I'm not sure about a weight loss buddy either. I'll have to think it over. I've got time.
I don't actually start to feel much smaller before the 140s; that's when I just barely start to feel pretty okay. I still feel pretty huge now. But I don't feel as 'inflated' as I did, which is a relief. It'll just get better, and I'm very excited for that!
I will definitely keep swimming! You keep on swimming, too!

Last edited by Penny105; 11-27-2015 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:04 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

Lots to catch up on! Thanksgiving I did alright, ate less than I would have "BD" - before diet- and made sure to exercise, etc. Friday was some leftovers and dinner out because the BF left for a week long work trip this morning so we had a date night. This morning I resisted the cheese croissant pastry that was CALLING MY NAME at the coffee shop and am sticking with just black coffee. Trying to catch up on some work stuff, then fun the rest of the day. I have a new foster dog and he is a blast, I am enjoying having him around and know he will be a great addition to someone's family! Here is a link to his profile: https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/33889360

Penny Way to go logging everything! I am impressed
Ri Glad you liked your first Class Pass!

Last edited by HaveDogWillDiet; 11-28-2015 at 10:05 AM.
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 12:00 PM   #102  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys!

Did all of you living in America have a nice Thanksgiving? It was my first one that I celebrated in America, I've celebrated outside of America with my BF (we just ate a LOT) so it was nice to experience it for the first time. We had stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon for an appetizer and for the main course we had spiral cut ham, yams, roast vegetables and roast potatoes. The latter two were made by me! For dessert we tried some brownies, but they didn't turn out amazing, personally I think it's because the pan they used was too small which made the brownies super thick/harder to bake. But I think they're ok!

Yesterday I made clementine cupcakes, I accidentally bought a bag of clementines when we already had a bag which I felt badly about so I decided to make something using them! I don't like wasting food. They turned out great! Really light and fluffy with a nice zesty clementine taste. Yum.

Surprisingly after all the treats I haven't gained any weight! Still hanging in at 163 lbs despite the bad food day. I think it's because I alternated root beer and water on Thanksgiving plus I've been working out.

On Thanksgiving I went to The Dailey Method, which is like a mix of strength training, pilates and barre. It was sooo hard! I felt so freaking weak. People were holding planks for days and I could barely do it. All the ab work that we did literally made my belly shake since my core is so weak too, it was kinda embarrassing how weak I was! The barre section of the class was the worse, oh man, so hard. You hold onto the ballet bar and "sit" and hold that and do various pulsing. I felt that the class worked my glutes, my abs and my shoulders/chest the most. Not a cardio workout, which is why I don't think it could be my main workout, but I would happily do it for strength training. Really nice instructors though!

Today I'm going to go to a dance class called Soul Sweat. It's less of a choreographed class and more of a fitness class. It'll be my first proper cardio class since starting Class Pass, so I'm actually looking forward to it! Cardio is definitely my strongest suit, if any. Strength and flexibility...not so much . After today I hope to see a nice drop on the scale! I've been consistent with workouts, I've been drinking water, I've been reserved with food (only had one serving of Thanksgiving food while everyone else had 2!) so I'm optimistic. These things take some time with my body, I know that, so I can't give up!

Hope you're all well!

--------------------------------------------

Penny - Woohoo, congrats on staying on plan! It feels so good to indulge AND be on plan, right? Well done, you. So I've been thinking about what you've been talking about in regards to people noticing your weight. I wanna say to you to not fear it so much. You are working so hard, you're doing such a good job, people WILL notice and you shouldn't worry about that. If people give you sh!t, then just laugh in their face. I'm being serious, just smile and say "I feel freaking amazing, so I don't care what you think" and walk away. We shouldn't have to deal with people criticizing us, we should be PROUD of what we're doing. People will try and project their own negativity on you because I swear to God people want fat people to stay fat so they can feel good about themselves. So put a big hand in their face and say "I feel fine, I don't need your advice". So don't worry so much about people noticing your loss, just focus on YOU and if people notice then remain calm and happy. If people see you getting worked up they're gonna think that something is wrong, whereas if you emit a healthy and happy self then they're fools for trying to put you down! Sorry for the rant, but I hope it helps!

HDWD - High five on resisting the siren that was the cheese croissant pastry!! Woohoo! Aww, that dog looks adorable! I'm sure you get this question all the time, but how come you look after foster dogs vs. having one of your own? I'm curious!
Old 11-28-2015, 09:56 PM   #103  
Hello!

I had my second and last Thanksgiving today with another side of the family. I did well, tracked everything, almost overeat but chose not to (so many homemade goodies tempting me!). It was very enjoyable and the food was delicious.

We're moving into Christmas season, guys! I'm so excited!!!

HDWD: Thank you. I knew if I didn't log, I would not stick to my plan. I'm glad I did.
That's so great that you're fostering a dog! And he's so adorable! How did you get in to pet fostering? Do you like it?

Rie: I'm glad you had a good first Stateside Thanksgiving! Those jalapeno popper things sound amazing, btw!
That barre workout sounds pretty hardcore (at least for me). I also associate anything remotely related to ballet with hard work, too. Soul Sweat sounds like a good class! No idea what it would entail, but it sounds good.
Well done on Thanksgiving! It does feel nice to be on plan but still enjoy all the good food.
I think my main problem with people noticing and commenting so much is that I get thrown. Weight loss is something I have to concentrate on. I often don't concentrate as well if I get a lot of feedback from others before I'm ready. Also not a big fan of close scrutiny when it has nothing to do with the other person.
The pep talk did help, Rie. When the situation calls for it, I need to not care what others think or say. This weight loss process is important to me, very important. It's what I want. I can't control others' thoughts/words, and that doesn't matter. I do need to just focus on me and do what I need to do. I'll start practicing being more unaffected by people noticing. It might take a while...

Last edited by Penny105; 11-28-2015 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:52 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

Ri Penny I do have my own dog, and cats! I got my dog from a rescue and so learned a lot more about animal rescue through that. We foster dogs so that we can save dogs at risk of euthanasia in overcrowded shelters. We are able to handle 2 dogs, but feel that it is better to help a bunch of dogs as our temporary "second dog" instead of adopting one. The aussie in my picture is my own dog, my loving Copper. He is a bit of a pain in the *** but I love him
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 05:03 PM   #105  
Hello!

Figured I'd just chat here. It gets kind of quiet around certain times of the challenge.

So, today I was trying to figure out what my frame size is. I've come across probably 7 different ways to do it. I range all the way from small to large framed depending on which one I use, and for some, I'm right in between small and large frame because of my height.

Now, this isn't critical, but it did distract me while I waited for way too long for an appointment today. I also don't get how tape measure methods could work for someone who's overweight. My wrist size changed by like an inch when I went from ~210-140 before. It makes sense, since I lost fat from there. So, how are the tape measure methods supposed to be accurate if someone is carrying a lot of extra pounds? (I'm seriously very curious about this, and couldn't find any info on it online).

HDWD: I think fostering for your 'second dog' is a great idea! I also am a big supporter of only adopting pets from shelters, etc. And your dog is adorable! How old is he?

Last edited by Penny105; 11-29-2015 at 05:08 PM.