Old 10-04-2015, 12:23 PM   #121  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!

It's finally Autumn! Woohoo! I love the colder weather, it seemed to happen overnight. Yesterday I met up with the guy who I'm editing a short film project for, the one who I had been having slight issues with, thankfully he seemed to have really taken control of his position as director and was thrilled with the edit I made. He was so pumped to see it all pieced together, so I'm so happy he liked it. He ignored the criticism that some of the friends who helped shoot it made, because ultimately as director it's your vision that counts the most.
After we spent the morning working together tweaking it my boyfriend picked me up and we went shopping for his boss. I was there to help for free but it might turn into a temporary paid position, which is fine by me I get to shop for awesome toys! BF's boss wanted him to buy toys for her nieces and nephews, for Halloween, $400 budget for EACH kid. Needless to say, we were treated like rock stars in Toys R Us, the manager went as far as to offer to let us shop for Christmas presents before the store even opens for the day.

I bought my nephew his Christmas presents too, some Ninja Turtles knee/elbow pads (he's obsessed with them) and a interactive dinosaur toy. I think he'll like them both! I have to send the family their presents mid-November so I'm getting them early.

Unfortunately my stomach bug has returned, BF's parents reckon is giardia which I've inevitably caught from one of the dogs who had it. Luckily they had some antibiotics left over so I'm taking those (human dosage + human safe of course). I went out with the BF's family and after I ate my stomach started hurting and I had to spend a lot of time in the bathroom .

On the bright side, I'm down to 162 lbs today!! Haha, that's a 3 lb drop this week thanks to giardia.

Tomorrow I have my four doctors appointments + we're going to see The Martian. Can't wait!

---------------------------------------

Penny - Welcome back!!

Marnia - I'm so sorry for your loss. Despite his short life, you gave him a lot of love and compassion. Some people would have abandoned him and let him suffer, but you didn't, you cared for him in a way that I'm sure made him happy. I'm sorry about your anxiety, it's difficult to cope with. I tend to hide myself away in my room watching TV all day and avoiding life when I feel anxiety creep in. Try your best to reach out to friends and family, give yourself a stress-free distraction. I always like to go out on long walks on my own to clear my mind, or watch some of my favourite films.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:48 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

Ri We saw The Martian Friday night. I thought it was pretty good! My BF had read the book and was very excited about it, so we had to go right away.
Marnia You are in my thoughts. Thank you so much for the love you gave him.

I didn't lose any weight this week... I think I had a few too many days where I strayed just a little bit off, and I also think I am a bit low on hydration. Keep on keepin' on is the only option I suppose! I am crossing my fingers I hear about the job soon also, so lots on my mind this week!
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 04:19 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 167/130/120

Height: 5'3

I didn't lose any this week either, but I went from 137 feeling light and empty to 137 feeling heavy and bloated, so I think a loss is coming as soon as it clears up...if that makes any sense.

We're in the second half of the challenge, everyone! As we tackle the colder weather and stressful times ahead, remember to take care of yourself and your health.
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:26 PM   #124  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 5 Charts everyone!

Overall Chart:

20-Somethings Chart:

If you still want to join the challenge then please go to the first post for the rules + the link to the spreadsheet! If you were already part of the challenge but your information is gone, it's because you haven't weighed in for more than 2 weeks. If you want back in the challenge, please ask me to re-add you to the spreadsheet.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:36 PM   #125  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

So I had my FOUR doctors appointments this morning. It was pretty tiring since we had to get up pretty early. My knee and my wrist both need an MRI, hopefully I can schedule it on the same day but they're being referred from two different places so I'm not sure if they can? We'll see. I should get a phone call from both places pretty soon. One of my wisdom teeth is causing problems, it's basically creating a pocket that I can't get to with a brush/floss so they need to do a deep cleaning. I might have to get the wisdom tooth removed though...not looking forward to that if that's the case. My skin got the all clear though, I got prescribed some cream for my acne which seems to be making a consistent enough appearance again. Glad to have this madness out the way and hopefully my next appointments will be more spread out!

For lunch I had some noodles from a local Chinese place, it was suuuper busy and for good reason - they were delicious! I only ate half of the bowl they gave me and the BF took my leftovers for his lunch (he wasn't hungry at the time). I won't be eating dinner tonight because of the heavy lunch and if I do it'll be something small. We're going to see The Martian tonight! Woohoo!

Weight is back up to 163 lbs since I had a lot of chips yesterday at a Mexican place...curse those addictive chips! But I'm still happy to be seeing the low 160's again. Medication seems to be helping with my stomach bug so I think I'll attempt a workout tomorrow! I know it sounds strange but I'm actually SO psyched to see my name so high up on those charts!! It's been so long since that's happened, one day I really hope I can win one of these challenges that I run!

------------------------------

HDWD - Fingers crossed on the job indeed! Even though you didn't lose weight at least you maintained . Hydration is so important...it's only when I drink loads do I realise this after all these years. I'm sure with a good routine you'll be losing again in no time.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:02 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Marniadec I, too, am so sorry to hear about Evan. It's so hard with animals, and they can mean so much to us. I second Rie's tips about dealing with anxiety, and just giving yourself time to cope in your own way, however that may be.

Rie Ugh, GIARDIA is the worst. Well stomach bugs in general pretty much suck. Your toy shopping extravaganza sounds fun though!! Glad you got through all your doctors appointments, and hope the next ones are split up a bit - and also hope you get the MRIs done at the same time, those things can be long and tedious. Also, I wanted to ask - does the spreadsheet just calculate whatever weight you've lost overall in the challenge, even if you gained it back?

HaveDogWillDiet Your post reminded me of what a poor job of drinking water I'm doing - lets get the water in!

~So I'm trying my best to be positive as this week starts out, but so far it's proving fairly difficult. I can't remember ever having been this tired before in my life. I'm also dealing with some pretty bad feelings of melancholy and just not really caring at all. I don't want to go so far as to call it depression, as I've been there in the past and it scares me a little to think I could go back into that...but I'm monitoring my moods fairly closely as I think I need to take care of myself.

It was my birthday over the weekend, which included a trip to Seattle to see Death Cab for Cutie, some shopping, and a few food-based indulgences. We got our hotel room upgraded, which was awesome, and finally discovered some places in Seattle we really liked (the past couple of times I've been I didn't really like the city that much).The trip was overshadowed a bit with my poor mood, but my boyfriend tried to boost me up a bit and overall it was a good weekend I guess. I'm really grateful to have my boyfriend around...these last few months have been tough and he is doing a great job at not getting annoyed with me.

I'm a little scared to weigh this week. I put my weight from Thursday into last week's weigh in, as I knew the weekend would be a little indulgent. I don't know how well I'll do in this challenge overall, as the main challenge I'm facing right now is emotional eating - eating things that make me feel slightly better. I guess Thursday will be my weigh in day, so I'm going to aim to at least eat healthy lunches and dinners, and drink at least a litre of water each day (baby steps - at the moment I'm lucky if I even drink a glass). Sorry that this post is a little downer!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:36 PM   #127  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks, guys. He was a gorgeous, blue-eyed kitten and he was the sweetest kitten I've ever had. Even when I first found him, when he was a stray, who was terrified of people, I'd pet him and he'd hiss while stretching so I could pet him better. I guess he was going to suffer and die, anyway, so it's better that he at least got to live with people who loved him and a bff who annoyed him for a bit. Even though I only had him for two months, with everything we went through together (and by that I mean all the unnecessary procedures I put him through) I really bonded with him and I miss him a lot.

Thanks to Evan, we figured out what this vet does to stray animals and we're in the process of helping other stray animals he hurt to save money and making sure he won't do anything like this again. I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around what he did. I just don't understand it. I used to take my cats there and I'd never expect anything like this. He's greedy and not a cat person but he's a good vet. When he doesn't give you a discount, I guess...

Anyway, with all of this, I guess my eating got out of hand and I stopped taking my thyroid medication again. I think I've put on some weight but I'm retaining water again, as usual, so I don't know how much. I need to go on a diet. I ate at ~1600 calories today, I hope I can keep it up.
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:05 PM   #128  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys!

So I guess the weight I lost due to Giardia is slowly being put back on as I'm eating regularly again. I'm back up to 164 lbs from 162 lbs, so as long as I'm careful I should stay below 165 lbs. Which is great! I'm happy to be seeing low 160's again.

BUT what I need is to get active again. I'm gonna go on record and say I don't enjoy exercising, I only enjoy the feeling after I've done it! So after being out all last week due to the cramps I'm having a hard time getting back on the exercise horse. I'm also slipping back into terrible habits, like napping and watching too much TV. It's SO easy for me to go into hermit mode...it's definitely my worse quality.

My dentist deep cleaning got moved to tomorrow from November 30th...I really wanted a buffer time between dentist visits but it's probably best to get it out of the way .

------------------------------------

rainbow - The formula in the spreadsheet is pretty simple - starting weight minus current weight. The lbs lost column doesn't add up over the weeks, so if you did gain weight then the amount in the lbs lost cell would go down. I used to have a spreadsheet that was based on weekly weigh ins and I would award points to those who lost the most weight then add up the points, but I found that to be a lot of work to maintain so I stopped doing it. Don't be sad, you have Totoro on your arm! Seriously though, I know that feeling too, I think we're going through similar emotions right now. I went through depression and this isn't that...but it still sucks. Maybe it's the changing of the seasons that isn't helping! That's so great that your boyfriend is doing so much to cheer you up. I would advise you to write down all the positive things that happened over the weekend and leave out all the negative. I feel like physically writing is really calming and can help put things into perspective. I also read something about instead of writing a "to-do" list write a "did this" list at the end of the day. I think focusing on your accomplishments, no matter how small, will help in some way. I'm all for baby steps!
Old 10-08-2015, 06:08 AM   #129  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Hey everyone! I've been so NOT chatty lately and this usually is a bad sign because that means I'm avoiding the scale. Just wanted to check in and while that's marginally the case, it's not fully so!

I'm having to take care of my high school sister for the week while my parents are in Vegas. I know, it sounds silly...but not really, given she fractured her foot. I'm grateful they're paying me extra for it, though I know most of the money will go to my gas and our food. Here's to hoping I stay on track during this time! Ever since I started focusing strictly on my eating, I've sort of...well, only had to worry about myself. Since the sis is a finicky eater, I can't guarantee all will go to plan.

Hope all of you ladies are having a great Autumn so far!
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 12:42 PM   #130  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys!

So my dentist visit wasn't as bad as I thought, I thought they were going to inject me with a numbing agent but they ended up numbing my gums with some sort of gel instead - phew! My teeth got a good cleaning, the most in depth cleaning I've ever had, it was a little painful at times but nothing I couldn't soldier through. I might have to get my wisdom teeth removed since they're causing issues with my back teeth - they're creating pockets that I can't get into to clean. So I have an appointment with an oral surgeon in November to see how much it would be.

I've also booked my driving test for November 9th! Eep! I really hope I pass, I feel confident driving around, but I need to practice parking for sure. Apparently the test is super easy in Boulder, but they might have changed it since the BF did his 10 years ago!

I also completed editing my second weight loss vlog ->->Click here if you want to watch it!<-<-

I'm gonna try and be on it with the vlogs and do it once a week. Tonight I'm going to a kickboxing event with the BF, he's super looking forward to it! I'm not quite as excited but I'm sure it'll be good. It'll be nice to do something different!

Weighing in around 163/164 lbs this week, which I'm happy with! I knew the 162 lbs last week was a bit too good to be true.

--------------------

Atarimae - Welcome back! Don't give up now, you're sooo close to the end of the challenge!
Old 10-10-2015, 09:38 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 167/130/120

Height: 5'3

Riestrella - Your vlog made me lol. Keep 'em up!!

Got some obstacles coming up. Canadian Thanksgiving tomorrow (it's actually Monday but my family celebrates it on Sunday). Then several birthdays, including mine in two weeks. But I want to lose at least 3 more pounds by the end of this challenge, so I'm going to be careful. I'm very grateful for this challenge, I'm not sure I would be staying on track without it! I'm definitely going to join the next one too.
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:00 AM   #132  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quick update, kickboxing event was really fun! I had a midnight snack of Doritos...I was so hungry I was feeling queezy. It didn't affect my weight too much, thankfully, just up by 0.2 lbs.

I've got the next challenges spreadsheet ready! I saw the data from last year and I last 8 lbs for last year's challenge! I think I got down to like 161 lbs? Makes me feel bad I've not surpassed that in a whole year but I want to make 2016 awesome and start it the right way.

About to get an MRI for my knee done, looking forward to knowing what's wrong!

Mongoose - thanks for watching! I'm glad you liked it! Good luck with thanksgiving temptations, I'm so happy that the challenge has helped you.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:12 PM   #133  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 6 Charts everyone!

Overall Chart:

20-Somethings Chart:

If you still want to join the challenge then please go to the first post for the rules + the link to the spreadsheet! If you were already part of the challenge but your information is gone, it's because you haven't weighed in for more than 2 weeks. If you want back in the challenge, please ask me to re-add you to the spreadsheet.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:15 PM   #134  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

So, I adjusted my weight in here because I got a new scale (my old one died...new batteries didn't help, nothing helped...RIP). Anyway, it weighed me like 7 lbs more! Not happy with that! But it's my scale now, so I'm using what it tells me. The number is less important than a downward trend... even if it still isn't fun... So, yeah. New number, new goal.

This is why I never weigh myself on other people's scales. I see a different (higher) number and I'm like, son of a b----! Months of work undone in an instant! Lol!

I'll live. I'll be cranky for a while, but I'll live.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:07 PM   #135  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny105 View Post
So, I adjusted my weight in here because I got a new scale (my old one died...new batteries didn't help, nothing helped...RIP). Anyway, it weighed me like 7 lbs more! Not happy with that! But it's my scale now, so I'm using what it tells me. The number is less important than a downward trend... even if it still isn't fun... So, yeah. New number, new goal.

This is why I never weigh myself on other people's scales. I see a different (higher) number and I'm like, son of a b----! Months of work undone in an instant! Lol!

I'll live. I'll be cranky for a while, but I'll live.
Woah, crazy how much your old scale was off!! Do you have a dumbbell to check if it's weighing correctly? I always like to double check every now and then it's picking up the weight. I imagine how disheartening it must feel, but chin up and keep on going!!