Old 08-29-2015, 05:28 PM   #31  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Welcome to all newcomers!! I hope you enjoy your stay!

Starting to get really restless about not working out!! My tattoo is starting to itch and feel a little dry, I think the flaking will come soon. Can't wait for it to fully heal! Fridays and Saturdays are bad days for food, what made me able to maintain before was doing a hard workout. Now I don't have that option I'm getting a little bummed at seeing my weight go up.
Yesterday we went to a Mexican place, I had a Sangria and loads of chips/guac plus 3 tacos, 1 piece of a quesadilla and some beans. Too much! My BF's Mum always commands us to finish what's on the plate, I was stupid and gave in to it last night when I was already full. Thankfully when I got home I said no to dessert!

It's mine and the BF's 6 year anniversary soon, he bought me an early present - a Totoro mug!! I love it, it's really big and it's perfect for getting back into drinking green tea! I picked up the habit while in Japan and fell out of it for a while, but now I have my very own Totoro mug I'm sipping green tea as I type this.

-----------------------

Atarimae - Welcome, happy to see you back! Obviously not happy to hear you've re-gained, but glad to have you posting again I mean . What's BFC mean? It's hard to forgive yourself for gaining back weight, I know I was super p!ssed at myself for gaining back 10 lbs last year in just a couple of months. The best thing you can do is try to not think about losing back weight you regained, but rather jumping back onto the road to weight loss without glancing back all the time at where you used to be. So if you think "I lost 2 lbs, but that doesn't matter because I gained 20 lbs from last year" then you won't acknowledge what a great job you're doing!
What's it like living in Hawaii?
I remember when I went on a diet with no carbs and I ended up fainting on the train ride home. You have to eat a lot more to keep your body sustained so it's possible you're feeling faint because you're not eating enough.

NNS - Yeah, I might wait until I actually have a job since I do have some things for interviews. Don't let your period sway you, we all know for a fact that it causes weight stall/gain and it's not a true reflection of your actual weight! I'm sure once your period is out the way you'll get a magical whoosh in weight! Well done on saying no to temptation!! My vice is soda, I'm not sure I could say no to it. This family used to have cans in stock all the time, but they've since changed their ways so I'm lucky it's not around the house. If it were I'd definitely be tempted to drink it - so good for you for staring it in the face and saying no thanks! I've heard that the smoke isn't seriously going to harm you, but you're right, it could be the smoke that caused your discomfort. I used to be able to see the mountains but it's so hazy I can't see them!

Dott - Sounds horrible, sorry you're going through problems with it! Have you tried coming off birth control all together and using condoms? Or did you start birth control because of irregular periods in the first place? I came off the pill because I felt it was affecting my mood/sex drive. However my main reason for doing it was I became uncomfortable with knowing there was something affecting my hormones in my body...I also began to get forgetful with taking pills here and there which would stress me out. One day I would love to try one of your salads and hopefully be converted! I find the process of making salad to be so tiring/boring...haha, I'm so bad!!
Definitely take a huge deep breath and realise that not every day is going to be perfect!! It's so hard to let go of those emotions when you feel like everything you do is going to have an affect on your body, but we do just have to let those moments go and try again the next day. How do you feel about not teaching any more? Look on the bright side too, that's so nice of your student to put on that spread for you!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 12:31 AM   #32  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Rie ~ Oh my goodness, is the mug's form shaped into a Totoro too? That sounds insanely adorable! Although you felt like you ate too much Mexican, it's definitely a positive to have said no to dessert! BFC stands for Belly Fat Cure, which is a meal plan that focuses on limiting carbs slightly, but also STRICTLY watching sugars. I'm doing the 14 day fast track, so the carb intake is much more limiting than the creator's everyday plan. That's definitely a great way to look at things - I tend to dwell on all the weight I keep having to re-lose because of slip ups...gah, that needs to stop! Living in Hawaii is expensive and the weather is humid has heck! These past few weeks, we've been on storm watch after storm watch and the muggy, heavy air makes me drip. It is a beautiful place, but if I had the choice, I definitely would consider moving. I'm just too tight-knit with my family (bf's the same way), so if we get to that "one step further" stage, we'd likely continue living here.

~~~

AHHH finally my mom's crazy Starbucks addiction hasn't influenced me in a negative way. I got to have my Starbucks fill today and luckily, according to a Reddit post for low-carb Starbucks drinks, I found my go-to! Double shot on ice, splash of heavy whipping cream, and a sugar free syrup of choice. Of course sugar free there is likely artificial sweeteners (I've yet to check labels out, but cost wise, that'd be most efficient for them), it's still a treat that I can have from time to time without feeling I went way overboard. And the cinnamon dolce (sf variant) + heavy whipping cream sure beats black coffee I drink during the week!

My first weigh-in is tomorrow! Mondays are /usually/ my weigh-in days, because it keeps me accountable on weekends. I'm both excited and nervous. I do weigh in daily; I have an issue/obsession with scales. It's just that finally seeing the number written down will be the fun part.
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:22 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 178/172/100

Height: 4'11

I'm so joining this, if only because it'll keep me somewhat accountable for doing what I should be doing.

Now if only I could bring myself to start working out again but it's soooooo hard working out while working night shifts. I've begged my manager to take me off nights but she just won't so until I find another job I don't know what to do. I'm not sure if I'll ever find another job because I've screwed up every interview I've had because I get too nervous. It's not that I don't interview well, it's my nerves take right over.

But anyway, what's a girl to do?
howyoulose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:41 PM   #34  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone! How was your weekend? The challenge has officially begun, whoop whoop! So great to see everyone's first weights come in.

My weekends are Sunday's and Monday's because of the BF's job. We had a pretty busy weekend! On Sunday I met up with the guy I'm editing footage for, he really liked the first cut I made so I was relieved. Got more stuff to do for him to keep me busy in the week. Then the BF, his Dad and I went to see the new Mission Impossible movie. We all thought it was just ok, needed more stunts! Yesterday we had some errands to run, I got my eyes checked again and ended up getting some prescription designer sunglasses...oops! A lot of it is covered on our insurance, it was a bit indulgent because I didn't NEED them but I really loved them.

As for food, I've eaten out 4 days in the a row, aah! And without my workouts to counter balance the food I've been weighing at 167/168 over this period. On Saturday we went to meet a friend and we ate at a healthy restaurant. I had a chicken wrap with sweet potato fries, but then we went to Ben and Jerry's and I got a small tub of ice cream. It was huge! So much for "small". I couldn't finish it, so I felt stupid for ordering it in the first place since I wasn't really that hungry and then I barely made a dent in it and wasted the money. On Sunday after the movie we went to a Mexican place again, I swear the BF's parents just live off Mexican food!! I didn't drink and had chicken fajitas without cheese. Yesterday we went to curry...which was delicious! I had oatmeal, part of the curry for lunch then the rest for dinner.

I'm pretty glad to be back on track today!

Today I'm going to go on a run, my first workout session for just over a week since getting the tattoo. I'm a little nervous about damaging the tattoo but I've done a lot of reading on it and I THINK it'll be ok. Fingers crossed!

-----------------

Atarimae - Haha, no, but that would be awesome! Here's a pic of it! It does take a while to forgive yourself, but it's definitely possible. There's still always a little voice in my head saying "you used to weigh 149 lbs, you failure!" but over time it gets quieter. It's better to consider yourself on a fresh start than trying desperately to reclaim what you once were. The past is the past after all! Ugh, humidity is the worse... Where would you move to if you did move?

howyoulose - Welcome! That sucks that your manager won't take you off night shifts!! I know what you mean about interviews, it does take practice. I've had SO many interviews in my life and I've had 2 jobs as the result of an interview. So, yeah, I hear ya pain! I find myself waffling too much when I'm nervous. There is help out there for job seekers to practice interviews, it might be worth it!
Old 09-02-2015, 03:05 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Rie-The Totoro mug is so cute! Do you guys have any special plans for your anniversary? Eating out is the death of me too, my fiance always wants to eat out and when I'm super tired I end up caving. I just need to be more firm about it. I have to be on birth control for my periods so going off is not an option(I tried once, didn't end well). Haha I'm pretty sure salads aren't most people's thing. My fiance isn't a fan and my dad, whose otherwise very health conscious, doesn't consider them "real food" and always teases me about eating so much salad. If we ever meet I promise to make you an awesome salad! Not teaching is super weird. It was my life for years and I worked so hard at it. It also was a huge part of my identity and now I feel a bit empty without it. Does that make any sense?

Atarimae-That's great you found a drink at starbucks that fits in my with your plan I LOVE skinny vanilla latte's with soy milk, but limit it to every other week.

howyoulose-I'm sorry about your work situation I hope you're able to work something out....I agree with the suggestion of doing practice interviews too!

School is so busy. Grad school is so much constant work, but I actually enjoy it more than undergrad so I'm not minding too much. I haven't had time to exercise this week, which is bumming me out. But I do get in 10000 steps a day walking around campus at least. I think I'm going to have to get all my exercise done from Thursday-Sunday. Every bit of extra time Monday-Wednesday I spend practicing since those are busier days.

TOM started and is heading out(I think...?) and the scale is still at 140. I'm hoping for a loss by Friday.
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:54 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 193/176/130

Height: 5'8

So up for this challenge! I have literally fell off.. eating a bunch of chocolate and bad foods... I gained about 8 lbs .. but yeah I need this to stay motivated!!!
ilovemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 01:00 PM   #37  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

So the run I did on Tuesday was a success! I felt no aggravation from my tattoo and nothing had peeled off when I looked at it when I got home. It's stopped itching so much now so I don't feel the need to wash it as often, so I think it's pretty much healed . I was pretty diligent with washing it 3x a day and adding lotion for a whole week so I think it's helped a lot.

I did a 25 minute run and got to 2.11 miles, I was happy with that! My pace was slightly faster than my previous 2 runs so I like to see improvement.

Yesterday I took a rest day since I was feeling a bit glum/lazy. I blame my period that's on its way! Today I'm going to do a strength workout, looking forward to it and building up a good routine again. I could have done it yesterday but yeah...I needed to feel sorry for myself haha!

I weighed in this morning at 166 lbs, so a 1 lb drop for this week so far! Got my fingers crossed that I'll be able to push it down a little more before the week is over, but I'm happy to see 166 nonetheless.

In other non-weight related news the person who I was editing his project for passed my cut to someone who helped shoot the footage. Because this photographer guy has said "it feels rushed" he's pretty much gone against his original theme. He told me initially "make it fast and make it frantic" so that's exactly what I did but now his friend has said he didn't care for it he's starting to change his mind! I've tried to stand my ground without being rude, because this could lead into paid work after all, but gawd how annoying! I swear his friend didn't like it because he's a photographer who wanted to see his shots for longer. That's not how film works, buddy!

Anyway, vent over! Since I'm doing editing for free at the moment I'm going to alternate my days on what I work on. So instead of putting all my energy into this project for someone else I'm going to spread out my efforts. So one day I'll work on my own project, the next on someone else's and the next on my BF's friend's project. It was a simple realisation and it stops me getting disenchanted with one project in particular. Once paid work starts coming in I'll prioritise most of my time on that to get it done before working on non-paid work. Anyway, I'm rambling again, whoops!

--------------------------------------

Dott - Yes! We're going to Estes Park! I'm so excited, I've planned it all. We're going to go to an open air adventure park, which is my gift to him, then we're going to meander the downtown area. Apparently there are lots of cute artsy shops so I'm looking forward to it. Then we're going to go for a meal with a mountain view! The next day we're going to do a hike in the morning, then go play some mini golf since we have an on-going feud . After that we'll head back home! A nice quick trip away . Haha, I'm glad to hear that your healthy Dad doesn't like them either! Not just me then!! Yes, of course it makes sense! You've left a job you had for years, you're bound to feel a little lost. I remember finishing teaching in Japan, even though I was glad to not be teaching I still felt weird getting up in the morning and not going to work. I had dreams for months about going back to teach! So strange. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying school! Will this be the last stage of education for you?

ilovemo - Welcome!!
Old 09-04-2015, 08:37 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 167/130/120

Height: 5'3

Rie - I'm a graphic design student and your client sounds a lot like the ones I get from time to time, haha. They're always happy with it until they show it to someone else.
I noticed you were a teacher in Japan, did you learn a lot of Japanese while you were there? I'm studying it because I'd like to visit.
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 10:03 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

My quick weight loss is about to slow waaaay down but I am ok with. I got the go ahead to transition off my VLCD. While some people do it for 8-14 weeks 5.5 was enough for me. I dropped nearly 30lbs and learned a lot about how I think about eating. I now will be on a more normal 1200 cal weight loss diet, combined with exercise. I am loving choosing my own foods and eating more than packaged shakes! Not to mention how much easier running is with 30 less pounds to lug around!
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:49 PM   #40  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

I'll be doing personals later, as I'm a bit short on time, but HAPPY FRIDAY! Kind of excited, because after this weekend, I'll be transitioning from the fast track plan to Jorge's 15/6 rule, which is actually a more...lifelong eating habit. Granted it is hard to keep to 15g of sugar a day (this includes natural ones), but at least I can slowly start incorporating some rice and bread...oh, and potatoes into my meals. OH AND KIMCHI. I've had my jar just staring at me like, "YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO EAT ME!" but I knew that its slight sugar content made that not possible.

During fast track too, I didn't have to watch calories as much, but now with this transition, although I still am less restricted calorie wise, I now won't be able to eat the way I did these two weeks. HELP, LADIES. I'll need it, haha. With fast track, I could pretty much eat whenever. But how do you tell yourself not to eat, even when tempted to reach over for that container of nuts or a cheese stick? Bwahaha, I've done it before I know...but it seems like I kind of brought back a not so good habit...
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 05:53 PM   #41  

Hmm, I posted from my phone earlier and my ticker doesn't show on that post. Strange. Anyway...

Atarimae: What helps me is writing down everything I eat. I'm way less tempted to get a snack if I know I'll have to write it down including the calories. I've also been weighing myself every morning - it's not for everyone because it can become an obsession, but it keeps me from snacking at night.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:42 PM   #42  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Wow, good start to the challenge for me! 2.6 pounds down from my start weight (1.4 down from last month's low weight). I had two very successful fasts this week (I follow 5:2) and did a fair amount of exercise, including my longest run since the move - 3.33 miles. Feels good to be getting back up to my usual amount. I was doing over 4 miles earlier in the summer. Hopefully I don't go too crazy this weekend with the holiday. It shouldn't be so bad since my bf works Saturday and Monday, so I can keep myself busy with some exercise instead of giving into his usual weekend food cravings

What are you all doing for the Labor Day holiday and how are you keeping yourself on track?

howyoulose - Night shifts must be so awful! I agree about practice. So much practice. I used to get that way, so sweaty and stumbly with my words and it was just awful. But (unfortunately) I have had SO many interviews in the last few years that I don't get nervous at all anymore. I also have found that simply being confident in myself - a lot of that relates to my health! - decrease how anxious I am. All of the practice is worth it to get a job that allows you to live the lifestyle you want. Good luck!

Ries - That sounds like such a lovely plan! Estes Park is a cute little town, you guys will have a ton of fun! Sorry to hear about the reaction to your work. That must feel awful even if you know it is what he said he wanted!

Dott - How did your weigh in go? Maybe once you get into the swing of things you'll find a better workout schedule so you don't have to cram it into a few days.

HaveDogWillDiet - It sounds like you have a really good mindset for your transition off of your diet into something more long term. Such amazing progress so far. It will probably be weird to not see the big losses but it will be better for you in the end to be able to maintain it!

Atarimae - With your new plan are you limited to eating at certain times or something? I follow intermittent fasting and honestly once you get past the first couple weeks, you start to realize what mental hunger is vs. real hunger, and even then you realize that real hunger won't kill you. You just remind yourself that it is worth it to wait until your designated meal time, drink some water, and literally in 20 minutes you'll forget you were ever hunger. Good luck!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:54 PM   #43  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Oof, baaad night out tonight. Practically a 3 course meal, though the starter was admittedly very small. I also shared the dessert if that makes it better?! Haha, not really. I'm not one of those people who says "I went to McDonald's but I only had ___".

Tomorrow I'm going to ask my BF to essentially kick the sh!t out of me during our kickboxing session. I need to burn off all this crap I ate!

However I am loving the fact I'm exercising again. Even when I feel I've had a bad eating day I know that my workouts maintain my weight. Still seeing 166 lbs! Woohoo! I just know that to lose weight I need to eat less to see a drop and THAT'S what I have to focus on.

Tomorrow I'm going out again, going to make sure to eat well during the day and not participate in 3 courses this time!!

--------------------------------

Mongoose - It's a common theme within the design/visual arts trade I think!
You know, I picked up quite a bit of Japanese but mainly my understanding of it rather than a way to use it myself. So I could understand a lot of what was being said to me but I couldn't respond. I worked 9:30 am-5:30 pm at an English school where Japanese was not allowed, then got home at about 6:15 pm, then after I had made dinner the last thing I wanted to do was study. It's a shame, I would love to go back there to live and be a student of Japanese, because I felt I could have gotten so much more out of the experience had I studied harder. Alas, I was lazy after a day of running around after kids. That's awesome you're studying up, people will think you're amazing for speaking Japanese!

HaveDog - Good luck with the transition! 1200 is quite low with exercise, but if it works for you then that's great.

Atarimae - What's the 15/6 rule? Mmm, kimchi...I love it! I visited Seoul last year and it was awesome. It's hard. Super hard. I think that's why a lot of us are here. I try to really sit hard and think about it (in better moments). Will this food benefit my body and health in any way? Or am I just being a huge piggy? If it's the latter, then I try to walk away, but I'm still struggling to find a right balance. I remember Dott telling me about a technique on how to rate your hunger on a scale. Really sit and think are you ACTUALLY hungry. Identifying what hunger feels like vs. cravings will be a big help.

NNS - Wow! Huge congrats! So happy to hear you're losing! I've no real plans over the weekend, other than relaxing with the BF. He's had a stressful week, his boss is a psycho, so I'm gonna let him take the lead this weekend. I've asked if he wants to do a hike in the morning one of the days, so we'll see! I'm going to try and keep on it with my meal plan and exercise. What are your plans?
I think he's backed down a bit now...think he needs to remember that he's the producer and it's what he envisions and not his friends.
Old 09-05-2015, 07:11 AM   #44  

Has anyone been to a wedding while losing weight? How did you handle it? I'm going to a wedding tomorrow (Sunday) and I'm a little worried because I ate so much at the last one I went to.
I pretty much know what kind of food there will be so my strategy is to have sushi because it's my favourite and I don't get to have it very often. Then I'll just pick at everything else. I think it might be easier this time because I'm actually happy with my progress and I'm not about to derail it.

Question: What's the difference between the last two columns in the spreadsheet, "lbs lost" and "weight loss"?

Last edited by Mongoose; 09-05-2015 at 07:17 AM. Reason: added question
Old 09-05-2015, 01:22 PM   #45  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Whew, just got my a$$ handed to me in a cross training kickboxing session with the boyfriend. My arms are shaking! I'm sure I'll be feeling that tomorrow. Hoping to get out on a hike on Monday, will have to check the trails since I know the last time I checked there were loads of closures due to the rain we got a few months ago.

Gonna be nibbling today in preparation for tonights outing to a pub. They have the best chicken wings ever...I'm tempting just to eat those as my main meal since usually I get their jalapeno burger but I had a pretty epic burger last night!

--------------------------------

Mongoose - Eating a big meal beforehand is a good idea. Really identifying hunger is a big one. A lot of people, including myself, mistake dehydration for hunger. Drink a glass of water if you feel your belly rumble. If it persists then you need food. Take it slowly, chew your food, talk in between bites. Stop when you are full. You can still eat delicious food and enjoy yourself, it's just about knowing when to stop and to realise when you've had too much.
lbs lost is how many lbs you have lost and % of weight loss is the percentage of body weight you have lost in the challenge. So you've lost 0.71% of your body weight so far!