Old 09-15-2015, 10:56 PM   #76  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Nanu - Thank you so much for watching! You've seen a gain and you know why it happened, which is great because you know what to do to change that. Don't lose hope, you can do it!

HDWD - Thanks for the tip! I know a lot of people who do Skype interviews with their lower half in PJ's

rainbow - Thank you for watching my video! You know, I truly appreciate you saying that about my skin, because it's really not that great! I wear BB cream to make my skin tone look equal but the truth is I have a lot of scarring from acne. I still break out once a month around my period so I've come to accept that I'll never have smooth looking skin. But that's ok! I used to be covered in zits, just all over my face and bright red, so I'm really thankful that those days are over. What's stressing you out? Stress is one of the most dangerous afflictions we can experience as humans, it can cause so many health issues. Remember - you are your number one priority in life, don't let anything else get in the way of you feeling at ease and rested. I really hope you're having fun with your friends!! That's so cool that they've come to visit you. Have you thought about spinning? Low impact, a hella good workout and something stationary for your vision.

Last edited by Riestrella; 09-15-2015 at 10:58 PM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 05:04 AM   #77  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Marnia ~ Hope your kitty is doing alright!

nns ~ Woo congrats on the NSV! noticing those changes without a scale is always a great confidence boost. I'm sure the scale will move down accordingly too!

Mongoose ~ It definitely sounds like your body is getting too used to things and a change may be an optimal idea. I know playing around with my calories or even the types of foods I eat tends to make the scale do some changes. Glad to see you chose not to quit!

Rie ~ Hope the interview went well. Your trip sounded like a blast and woop! Beating the other half in things is always a fun little victory.

Nanu ~ At least you're honest with yourself and you know why the scale isn't budging. But hey, that's better than a huge gain and not coming in here and being accountable!

rainbow ~ Oh no, I do hope your health issue lightens up! Weighing in on a weekend day is definitely difficult, but one week won't kill you - have fun with them! As for my family, we do family dinners every weekend at my grandma's. My mom did say the second option was pizza, so for that I am grateful they ordered Korean instead..

~~~

Hi guys! I completely forgot to put in my weight yesterday, but it didn't change today...or well, since last week in fact. I shouldn't be surprised, because the first two weeks my body was on turbo weight loss mode. It's just not fun weighing in on Mondays and not getting a change at all.

Starting to incorporate more carbs into my diet again. Instead of allotting the full {up to} 120g, I'm starting off slow - maybe half of that at a time. Today I had one of those instant ramen packets from a Whole Foods place in the area. Luckily though, the carb count was only like 41g for the packet, phew! Ramen craving was definitely satisfied, although I can't wait for a cheat meal to go to one of the local ramen chains in the area...tantan ramen is calling my name.

Anyway, my doctor also called last night in regards to my appointment from last week. Thyroid and blood count is normal, and nothing suspicious via my urine sample, which is great! Er, minus the *very* occasional pain on my lower left abdomen area. I did notice it's most painful during TOM, so I'm sure it's related. My doctor also put me on BC pills as of Sunday, so I really hope my weight isn't affected, since it is listed as a side effect!

I haven't exercised at all recently, and I can tell because I'm constantly feeling so sluggish. Although I have been pretty sluggish since I started my plan last month. People close to me think it could be the lack of calories, which is difficult for me since I count carb/sugar count more than I do calories. Guess it's time to monitor a bit closer!
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:27 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Rie You're so welcome! I wouldn't know from the video that you suffer/have suffered from acne - seriously, your skin is glowing It's less the stability with vision, and more that the exertion from exercise causes the symptoms to worsen - the heat especially. I think I need to get back into swimming because I find my body temperature is at least more regulated! Thanks for the kind words RE stress - it's definitely not a good thing, and I'm trying to be more relaxed, it's just a little difficult for me.

Atarimae Good luck on the BC pills! I didn't notice any weight gain when I first went on them, so maybe you'll be lucky in that. Hope all the doctor stuff was OK! The pain sounds like it's TOM related - maybe it will lessen now you're on BC? Mine definitely did - not that everyone's the same - but perhaps it will give you some hope. Good luck getting back into the exercising - I'm in the same boat, I feel SO fatigued, and I know it's partly due to lack of exercise!

~Definitely treating myself to a few food items I wouldn't eat during a normal week, so not really positive about the weight in on Saturday, but I'm also not going to beat myself up. As I said, we don't often have friends from home visit, and it's been nice to kind of try to forget about my health stuff (both weight related, and other) for a little bit and just have fun. I did eat a very chocolatey ice cream bar from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory last night, and it was pretty delicious.
Back on track as soon as Saturday rolls around, and hoping I can get some exercise in this weekend too - my BF will be away for the whole weekend (after our friends leave tomorrow) so I'll be able to get in some home-workouts with videos I think. I'm going to make a goal to do at least an hours worth - whether that is two half hour sessions, or a full one hour session on one day.

Hope everyone else is doing well! I need to start thinking about my Halloween costume!! Anyone else know what they're actually doing for Halloween?!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:26 PM   #79  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

noname thanks! Hope you're feeling much better by now!

Mongoose challenges are great motivators, stay! It makes sense not to lose if you're bloated and retaining water. When I get frustrated or fed up or whatever, I like to take a couple of days off, just to clear up my mind and stop obsessing. I usually retain those days and then see a good drop.

Rie I've just started learning how to drive but there's another process first, which includes trying to hunt the teacher down and force him to start teaching you. How is adjusting to driving in the US? Hope your interview went well!

Nanu you're not alone! I've been eating too much, too, lately. We'll turn it around, though.

rainbowstripe Swimming definitely sounds good or those Leslie Sansone dvd's, maybe? They're the only ones I know that are low impact. Exercise will probably help decrease the stress, too. Enjoy your time with your friends!

Atarimae thanks, everything went well, he's getting better at last. About the stomach pain, try writing it down when you get it because TOM does work in mysterious ways. My best friend kept getting this thing where she'd suddenly be in so much pain that she'd turn white, sweaty and shaky and even pass out. She thought it was stress. Then a doctor mentioned TOM, she started writing dates down and she figured out that it always happened 3 days before TOM arrived. It's awful every time but she says she likes finally knowing when TOM is going to show up.

Kitty (Apollo, maybe) has been doing great. He got a colectomy and a ballectomy at the same time. I'd asked if he could be neutered at the same time but it didn't really seem like a possibility. He did so well during surgery, though, that the vet decided to go ahead with it. They didn't inform me, so I was climbing up the walls wondering why it was taking too long. I was so relieved to find out. He's been recovering great. You wouldn't know that he just had major surgery. He does seem to be in pain today, though, the vet lowered his painkillers. He showed me pictures of his colon and it didn't look like something that could fit into that baby's body. I really hope the worst is behind him... And I'm probably rambling, so I won't go into more detail. I'm so happy for him, though! <3

Weight's gone up, lolol. We have this county fair type thing in Greece but it's only city wide and there's no competition. It happens once a year and it lasts a week. Although there's nowhere near as much food as I've seen in the US, there's this traditional high-calorie dessert that I love and only allow myself to buy it there. Having 1.5 kg of it at home when I'm PMSing wasn't a good idea. I weighed 144 yesterday morning and 150.6 today. I went there again and ate more. I'll be dreading the scale tomorrow. But it's ok, there's always next week.
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:12 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 167/130/120

Height: 5'3

Thanks for the kind and encouraging words, everyone! I took a few days off to focus less on restriction and more on getting in some good nutrients (especially fiber to help move things along...) and now I feel re-energized.
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 11:09 PM   #81  
(they're flowers)

rainbow ~ Oh my woooooooord the chocolate sounds great right about now! Glad to see you have plans for after your friends+bf leave though. You'll be back on track in no time! As for Halloween, I have NO clue as to what I'm doing (it's on a weekend how greattt!!)...but I don't even have a costume ready. I'm hoping to push and finish a cosplay I'm using for a November convention though...and if I can complete it by Halloween, I'd love to use it. If not, well...hoping to at least feel slimmer by then.

Marnia ~ Glad to hear Apollo's surgery went well and is on the road to recovery! Hope he's not in too much pain for much longer... poor thing! What is this high calorie dessert you speak of? I definitely think that if you only get it during that fair, you deserve that treat! As for the pain, it has gone away, so I'm starting to wonder if it had to do with TOM for sure. I guess I can start tracking when I get it! Totally thought it was just random, haha!

Mongoose ~ Glad you feel re-energized! Sometimes that break from a really restricted plan is all you need to kick start a change once more.

~~~

Well, not a really big update today, but the scale finally moved down again after a long as heck stalemate. To 150.0. OKAY WHO AM I KIDDING?! This is kind of big to me, lol! My end of September goal was to get to below 150. If this holds and/or I see a new decade by the end of the month, I'd be ecstatic!

At my lowest since joining the site (losing + regaining...that vicious cycle), I was 143. If I can aim to get there again by 2016 even...I'd be beyond thrilled.

Does anyone have some fun plans for the weekend? Going to a high school football game tonight. Definitely wanting to avoid concession stand food, since it's either carby or sweet. We're having the usual family dinner at my grandma's tomorrow. Of coursssssssse, mom says it's pizza night. I cooked some soup just now as a side dish to my pizza so I don't eat a lot, but I know the sodium will do me in. Happy Friday, everyone!
Old 09-19-2015, 06:42 AM   #82  

I have two family birthdays this weekend - one last night, and another tonight. Thankfully both parties are after dinner so I only have to fit the cake into my plan instead of two dinners!

I usually don't do anything for Halloween besides maybe watching some movies with friends. I trick-or-treated as a kid, but it's always really cold at the end of October where I live so I never feel like going out with a costume and no jacket.
Old 09-19-2015, 02:23 PM   #83  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

Personal Stuff: So my phone interview went well, they've scheduled a face to face interview on Thursday 24th. The job is Mon-Fri from 9am - 2pm, 25 hours a week. The only problem with the job is the commute home (that's to say I get it, which I might not!), it takes like 2 hours to get home from there because of how crappy the buses would be. I'm getting ahead of myself obviously, but man...buses in America suck! I need to pass my driving test pronto! On Monday I'm going to get myself some pants for the interview, I only have a pleated skirt and I'm not entirely comfortable wearing that to an interview for some reason!

From Wednesday - Friday I had a part time job working with the BF's sister doing some market research. My job was to call stores and ask about hummus, in particular one brand that they stocked. It was...soul crushing. I realised I could never have a job that required me to call people all day. I worked about 9.5 hours and that was more than enough! For $25 an hour though, I'm glad I did it. It'll be a nice boost to my bank account before I find some other work.

Weight Loss Stuff: I'm down to 166 lbs today! Yesterday I barely ate, had some cereal, hummus and pita chips then a curry for dinner and I dropped 1.2 lbs. I'm super happy my weight dropped but I really should be careful with those kind of days where I don't eat that much, it's not really good for me. I can start to feel faint if I don't eat much! Today I'm going to go on a run and try and shed a little more weight before the end of the week. I'm starting to realise that I think my biggest problem with weight stalling/gaining is the dinners that my BF's mum cooks. It's always loads of carbs, loads of mayonnaise based salads and loads of sugars in the sauces she uses. Basically a typical meal would be some sort of grilled meat with sauce all over it it, some sort of potato and then a pasta/potato salad to go with it. What's worse is when I've eaten a lot and there's like ONE piece left she always says "You eat it" to me. It's like...umm...am I the garbage disposal or something?! Why don't YOU friggin' eat it!! I don't understand her really, she always makes WAY too much food then tells us to eat it all and gets all grumbly about throwing it away. Just make the RIGHT amount! My BF has started to stick up for me though, when I say "no thank you, I'm stuffed" she gets a bit pushy about it and he's started to call her out on it.

-------------------------------------------

Atarimae - Have you ever had black ramen? The soup is black, something about the way they burn it, but it was the best ramen I've ever had! Glad to hear the results from the doctor is all clear. Are you talking about your ovary area? I swear whenever an egg is released I get this splitting pain in one of my ovaries! It lasts just a few seconds but it creeps me out. Feeling sluggish could be lack of exercise. I always feel that way when I don't work out for a while. I could agree on lack of calories though, maybe spend a typical eating day monitoring the calories and see how much you're eating? Have fun at the game! Huge congrats on the drop to 150 lbs! Seeing a new decade is incredible...I cannot wait to see the 150's again. It's literally been over a year since I've seen it

rainbow - How come you find it hard to manage stress? I think I suffer from anxiety issues, so I know sometimes it's hard for me not to panic about things. Good luck with your exercise weekend! You can do it. I'm not really a big halloween person, I love Autumn though so I'm thinking about clothes to buy haha. I need more long sleeved items, I'd love to have a short jacket of some sort. I only have hoodies and a long coat, would like to have something in between!

Marnia - Is it hard to find an instructor there? Driving in the US is kinda stressful, the test is so easy so a lot of idiots pass the test and drive around. The huge cars make me nervous. But all in all it's kinda easy, just loads of straight roads really! Soo glad your kitty cat is doing well. I miss festivals/events in Japan, the UK and US don't really have them that often. Sure we have Independence Day and Thanksgiving, but those are things you do at home. I miss going out and seeing stalls of food!

Last edited by Riestrella; 09-19-2015 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-19-2015, 03:29 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been around, I got busy with some career stuff and haven't been focusing much on health and fitness. Thankfully I think I finally figured out what my next steps are careerwise so I'm back to focusing on losing weight so I can achieve my goals by the end of the year. The good news is I was afraid that I had gained but I actually lost weight! I've gotten much more serious about exercising and eating well in the last few days and yesterday I was at 146.5 So that was super inspiring! I picked up some more healthy food yesterday which has given me some more variety in my meals and I feel like I've started to have a better relationship with food - it seems less important to me as an emotional eating crutch now that I'm focusing on a life plan I'm excited about. Also it sucks being broke but it does help me not eat out as much as I used to.

I've been out of the habit with exercising but I'm slowly getting back into it and did some strength training and HIIT in the last few days. I've also been doing a lot of walking which helps. I'm trying to see exercise from the perspective of something I need to do every day no matter what (within reason) even if I don't feel like it or it seems boring. I know once I reach the weight I'm comfortable at and gain a little muscle, it'll be a lot more fun to do the things that it's so hard for me to do right now. Also usually once I get started, I do enjoy it on some level. It helps for me to think less in terms of Grand Exercise Plans and more in terms of just doing 30 minutes, whatever I can do that particular day. A lackluster strength training day is better than nothing!

Riestrella Could you add me back to the spreadsheet? Good luck to get the job and I really enjoyed your vlog! That sucks about your BF's mom, my dad's friend who I go out to lunch with is so frustrating because he's always harassing my dad to eat more (he's trying to lose weight too) and yet then always points out that I'm eating a lot! Arghh I defended my dad once which was super satisfying. Have you tried talking to her about it in regards to your weight loss plan? Maybe she could look up some healthier recipes to support you or else you could just mostly eat the chicken and just have a little of the other stuff.

Atarimae Congrats on the loss! I was just at 150 a month or so ago and I'm getting closer to the 130s now so I know you can do it as well!

Marniadec Glad to hear about your cat! And yeah, that's why I try not to weigh myself after a salty, high calorie meal, it just depresses me even though I know it's mostly water. Good luck for the coming week

rainbowstripe Definitely understandable to enjoy yourself with friends. Good luck getting the workouts in!
Zucena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 05:36 PM   #85  
(they're flowers)

152.2 today. I ate some glorious chili cheese fries and I told myself last night that although the scale will make me regret it, I hadn't had a bad treat in so long, that I deserved it!

Personals later, I promise!

Question to you all though - I noticed that so many weight loss guys/girls tend to talk about how after losing all this weight, they've come to enjoy their new-found love for all this health food and completely broken up with junk food. Am I the only one who's NOT like that? Like, if I told myself I were doing that, I'd simply just be BSing myself. I love my junk food. If it's in moderation, it's fine. Idk, maybe I'm just tired of seeing all of these people talk about how they only eat the "good" stuff now...and that's just not me.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:45 PM   #86  

Atarimae - For me it depends.. There are certain foods I used to like but now hate, for example: any kind of processed, packaged cake because they make me feel so terrible. Also I used to love cheese but now it makes me headachey.
Having said that, I still like most desserts. I bake a lot and have a major sweet tooth, so that probably won't change, although I've gotten more sensitive to sugar so I've started to reduce or replace it.
So basically - I definitely still eat junk food and enjoy it, but I often won't eat something because I'm more in tune with how it will make me feel after eating it.
Old 09-20-2015, 01:58 PM   #87  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Had a burger last night, managed to go down in weight. Phew! I'm still 166 lbs, but down to 166.2 lbs (I like to round for my official challenge weigh in) so I lost 0.4 lbs from yesterday to today. I knew I would be eating out so I didn't eat as much during the day, which worked, huzzah!
Need to workout today but I'm so lazy! I think I might do it a little later on when I "wake up" more (even though it's been 3 hours since I woke up...heh).

-----------------------------

Zucena - You're back in! Please add a weight asap so you don't get moved again. What career steps did you figure out? Bet it's nice to have a plan! I hate uncertainty. Congrats on the loss, that's awesome! I love unexpected losses. Thanks for watching my vlog! I might say something, nothing too serious, I really don't want her on board with that! She's a pretty intense person, I think she'd get a bit weird about it, perhaps start commenting on things I eat when we go out. I really don't want to mix my weight loss efforts with her personality type honestly!

Atarimae - I agree with you, I'm not done with junk food whatsoever. However I'm more done with the portion sizes I used to chow down on. I used to be able to demolish huge bags of chips, swirl it down with Coke, eat chocolate to go with it. I think of that now and I don't know how I managed it, but then again, THAT'S why I was 200 lbs once upon a time. Now I can enjoy a small portion of chips, a Coke once in a while and chocolate in moderation but never all at once. I haven't divorced junk food from my life, I've just limited myself to how much and when I can eat it. So I understand your frustration! One of my closest friends just doesn't like unhealthy food. She turns down pizza! Turning down pizza is a sin in my world...I just can't understand it. I love eating healthy, because I love the feeling I get when all the nutrients are working their way through my system making me feel energized, but I don't think I'll ever stop loving junk food just because I like healthy food too. It's not one or the other in my life. I'm sure it's the reason I'll never have a completely toned body, I'd like to be thin but not ripped because I just know I won't be able to have the diet that goes with that body type you know? My boyfriend is really toned, he has a lovely body, but he's not ripped because he eats junk every now and then and drinks too. For super trim bods you need to be ON IT 99% of the time. I don't want that kind of life of restriction, because my vanity isn't the source of my happiness. Phew, sorry to vent!
Old 09-20-2015, 08:58 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Marnia So glad to hear your kitty is (hopefully) on the mend! You're right - exercise will definitely help with stress - if I can get myself to do something!

Atarimae Congrats on the loss! What is the cosplay you're working on? I wanted to go as Wednesday Addams this year, but I don't know that it's going to happen. I bought a cheap dress online (from AliExpress, I should have known the sizing would be dodgy!) and it totally doesn't fit. It doesn't even look like a dress haha - maybe for a child! Also, in answer to your post - I will never 100% give up junk food. Sure, I do like the righteous type of feeling I get where I eat 100% healthy, real, nutritious foods for periods of time, but for me it's just not sustainable. I love food so much, and I mean all food, so I can't cut anything out totally - I just have to work out how I can still eat these things and lose. I've done it before, and I can do it again. I think it's definitely all about balance! And those people bug me too!

Mongoose Yup - if there are costumes involved, I will definitely be layering up before leaving the house if that happens - and I don't even think it gets that cold where I live!

Rie Yeah, anxiety is definitely a factor for me as well. I don't know if I'd go as far as saying I truly suffer from anxiety, as it's not an actual diagnosis I've had, but having suffered from depression in the past, I can definitely tell it's disordered types of thinking that add to my stress levels for sure. Oh man, tops are the bane of my life. I love sweaters and stuff but I feel like every season I need to buy more! I actually just bought a couple of tunic-y style loose-ish sweaters to wear with skinny jeans - I really like them!

Zucena You must feel relieved to have made some decisions? Congrats on getting back into the exercise - I'm definitely still struggling in that area...

~I put in my weight, a day later than planned, and I'm up 2 pounds. I could blame it on a multitude of things, but no point actually putting blame when I know it's all to do with the food + drinks I've had over the past week, combined with no exercise. I haven't exercised this weekend either, as I've been feeling sluggish (I know, exercising would probably help this!!).

Tomorrow is the start of a new week and I need to get a little more serious (I feel like a broken record!) so I'm going to be super conscious of meals and try to get in exercise at least three days before next weekend. At least with our friends gone I can get back to cooking us healthy meals.

My boyfriend gave me my birthday present early on Friday - a brand new cellphone! My one had been crapping out a lot recently - dropping calls, or just having people not be able to hear me, and switching off whenever it felt like it - and with so many calls I need to take (both work and doctor stuff), he wanted to make sure I had something reliable. I'm super happy about it but also feel a little guilty as we usually don't do very expensive gifts!

Hope everyone has had a good weekend so far!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 10:45 PM   #89  
(they're flowers)

Rie ~ I finally had some time (and good enough speakers lol) to check out your vlog! It was funny, yet real, and I look forward to more! Does your bf's mom have an issue with saving food for leftovers? I mean, if nobody has an issue about eating leftovers, that should be a viable option and the food wouldn't be wasted. Heck, and that's even less cooking for the future...even if it's just one less meal to have to prep for. Ohmygosh seriously, your vent only made me feel all the more human and I loved reading every bit of it. Like I know so many people that say moderation is the key...but the ones who literally sound like an infomercial on health foods and live by such a restricted lifestyle...it's so frustrating! I guess it's different with your friend since she just so happens to not like it. Gotta say I'm actually jealous of that though... I know that my Achilles' heel is diet soda. I 100% get that it's worse for me than regular soda and I get it's that much better to just do away with it period, but the fact is I can't. The idea that I get to look forward to my one diet soda as my dessert each evening keeps me from binging on anything else. So when I get people who give me looks or head-shakes for having my one soda a day (let's compare it to 3-4 cans a day when I didn't give a rip), it's just so annoying! Lol, I sound so cranky right now.

Zucena ~ Nice to see you back! Even nicer that you thought your gains ended up showing up as losses! Glad you were able to figure out career things too.

Mongoose ~ I guess it does make sense if the bad stuff you once loved ends up making you feel icky...then I can understand not going back!

rainbow ~ Oooh happy early birthday! Yay for the new cell, though boo at the old one acting up. OH MY GOSH the struggles with AliExpress...I lovelovelove their clothing, but the company/site seems to be like China based or something (?) and everything...EVERYTHING runs super small. And they're one of those sites home to the whole one size fits all BS. I mean, okay certain clothing items from there have the ability to fit me, but anything bottom related...oh dear lord is it a workout just to fit into them before zipping or buttoning. Anyway, the cosplay I'm working on is called Lollipoppy, which is a character skin from League of Legends. I don't play the game, but the bf does and keeps insisting that she's the stuff of nightmares (funny, she really looks like an oompa loompa!)...so I got excited. If I can get the outfit part complete by Halloween, part of me is tempted to dress up already. But then the other part kind of wants the "big reveal" to be at the convention itself...hm, decisions...I do have a question for you though! I noticed that the July 2010 - May 2011 you lost like 55lb! That's quite an achievement. Curious to know what your plan was like during that period of time? That's kind of about the rate I'd like to lose.

~~~

Well for the second day in a row, I saw 152.2. This makes me worried for my weigh-in tomorrow since I had Arby's for a late lunch/snack and the second half of my sandwich and some of the curly fries (adding a salad though) as the rest of my dinner. Drinking a ton of water tonight to hopefully flush out *some* of the sodium.

The school I help out at is having a fun fair event for the kids on September 30th, so I'm really excited for that! The school is taking donations from tomorrow, so I have like one of those black garbage bags about half - 2/3 filled with stuffed animals the class I'm in can use as prizes. This is an annual event at the school, but I guess why I'm especially excited is because I work with kindergarteners, and since it's their first year at the school, they've never experienced an event like this. The only downside is each grade level has a maximum spending budget...and because they're the youngest, they only have $10. I can sort of already picture the crying that might ensue, because 5/6 year olds don't exactly know how to budget money, and some of them could probably go through that within 5 minutes of their 1 hour shift...

...O well that's still 10 days away! No need to fret about that now. Hopefully we discuss with the kids a little about budgeting and not spending all the scrips at once prior to the event.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:42 PM   #90  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Hey ladies! Well, this week's weigh in wasn't what I was hoping for. Up a bit and not totally sure why. I did a lot less activity this week, but my appetite was down, too. Oh well. Can't always predict these things! I'm up even more today, but I do know why! We went camping this weekend and hiked our first 14er - a mountain that is 14,000' or more tall. It's one of the "easiest" 14ers in Colorado, but it wasn't easy at all. Suffice to say, my legs are still super sore and I imagine retaining fluids because of it. The takeout last night surely didn't help, but was well deserved A bit annoyed about still being sore because I was really excited to run a bit more this week! Definitely going to need to hold off until at least tomorrow.

Still no full time job. I've put in some more applications, but I go back to the consulting company tomorrow and they wanted to talk about my contract. I hope that means we're talking about me going on full time but I don't want to get my hopes up.

I also got my new license in the mail...60 pounds, 3 years, a smile and a haircut make a big difference in a picture! I'll attach to this post. The original picture (Delaware) honestly never looked much like me but still!

Atarimae - That event sounds like a fun day for you and the kids! It must be exhausting working with kindergarteners, I bet.

rainbowstripe - The key is that you know what you need to do! No shame in that. It's tough to stay in a routine when you have visitors. Hoping you the best this week And happy birthday!

Ries - Glad the interview went well and good luck on the in-person one! That commute home sounds awful But hopefully you'll be able to drive soon. Congrats on getting down to 166! I don't know how you do it with your MIL forcing food on you. Does no one eat leftovers there? In my family growing up, we were always thrilled when the food didn't all get eaten because it meant someone (usually dad) got yummy leftovers to take for lunch the next day haha But I know not everyone is thrilled about leftovers. I feel like you had similar issues when you stayed with your parents, no control over your food and what you ate! I am impressed that you have such perseverance in those situations.

Zucena - What is this career plan you have? I'm curious! It must feel so good to have some direction in life, takes some stress off. Are you in school right now? Great job on getting back into exercise. It does get easier and more fun!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 21575502862_b54b167fe8_z.jpg (44.9 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by nonameslob; 09-21-2015 at 12:46 PM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote