Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 10:57 AM   #1  

Talking Another Newbie :) [Intro]

Hi everyone, I'm new. I'm 20, my name is Brenda. My interests are veryyy diverse. I'm a vegetarian (who eats way too many carbs and not enough protein), I'm sort of a feminist but more of a humanist, I have a boring full-time desk job and I go to college at night. I am still taking my science requirements but I will eventually be a RN and later a Nurse Anesthetist.
I love designing websites & working on computers. I like pilates, yoga and lifting weights--but I'm still too self-conscious to go to actual classes.

Anywayyy, to the point. I am here in hopes of losing 40-50lbs. I've never been able to lose weight before any time I tried, but this is the last straw! I'm using the forums and journals here for support, I live in a new apt with a fitness room and I can handle the diet part myself. I am not giving up this time, I don't care if it takes 10 years. I can do it!!

right? ..right?
Old 08-12-2003, 11:22 AM   #2  

Default Hi Brenda!

Welcome to the board. I am relatively new here also. I am a vegetarian also and am finishing up college. I don't design websites, but I am finishing up my degree in Computer Networking and getting certified in Windows 2000.

As for yoga and pilates, have you tried the Winsor pilates? I don't like to take these classes at my gym, but I love the winsor pilates series. I want to get the new dvds that Mari Winsor has come out with.

You can do this!
Old 08-12-2003, 12:14 PM   #3  
Hoping for Success

Wow, another vegetarian. So sisters we better get to work on ths diet thing and lose the weight. You know they always say vegetarians are skinny.....but I guess we prove them wrong!
Old 08-12-2003, 12:23 PM   #4  

YES!! I hate that! Every time I tell someone that I'm a vegetarian they kinda look me over and act like I'm lying, because vegetarians are supposed to be frail, anorexic, sickly people! Oh, please! Anyway, I do want to lose weight, but I plan to remain healthy.

Yes, I do own the Winsor Pilates videos. I try to do them more often now that I'm actually dieting, but every time I get a chance to lie down on the mat, I want to fall asleep instead of work out! For now I'm working on more aerobic exercises that keep me standing and active and I think I'll gradually work in the Winsor Pilates again. I LOVED doing it, I just have problems staying awake now. Luckily my doctor is also checking my blood for anemia... I think there is something wrong with me. If I love pilates, why would I want to fall asleep? I'm not just being lazy this time.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:31 PM   #5  
Hoping for Success

brenda, do you take a vitamin supplement. I have found out that as a vegetarian (over 5 years now) I am missing out on plenty of important stuff. I started taking a supplement and feel much more active.

Magnesium and calcium were my big misses!

I have never tried pilates, but I might give it a shot!
Old 08-12-2003, 01:49 PM   #6  
on my way down!

Hi Brenda!! welcome!!

Good luck on your quest...your absolutly right...you can do it and we will all be here with yah every step of the way
Old 08-12-2003, 01:50 PM   #7  

I do take Centrum Performance now because it is "specially formulated with ginseng, ginko, and higher levels of five essential B vitamins" but I haven't in the past. I always had the bottle I just forgot to take them. I was taking them for about 3 weeks straight at one time and I could really feel a difference in my energy level. My doctor said the only thing we cant really get as vegetarians is B vitamins, that's why I pay the extra $10 for centrum performance instead of plain centrum. I'm sure there are plenty of other things I don't get *enough* of though. I brought my vitamins to work so I'll remember to take them everyday. Hopefully I will start having sufficient energy soon and stop feeling like this --> :
Old 08-12-2003, 03:46 PM   #8  
Hoping for Success

I think just knowing you need the energy will motivate you to take them. Good luck.

talk to you soon!
Old 08-12-2003, 03:53 PM   #9  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Welcome and feel free to join in on other threads
Closed Thread