Old 07-24-2015, 05:53 PM   #121  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys! I'm alive and in Denver! Scale is out and I am holding pretty steady but forgot to weigh this morning. I'll weigh tomorrow and try to update. My pc isn't set up yet though so no promises haha

I went on a run today!!!! I haven't been in probably three weeks. Plus it was my first run at elevation and I ran in the rain. Felt so good but it was definitely a bit harder. Can't wait to get back to my routine for real.

Hope everyone else is doing great!!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:49 PM   #122  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Zucena:
yup, that's exactly where I went when I went to mexico--we went through Revolution to eat lunch and then to Rosarito for the night. It's soooo different from when I was a kid--a lot less tourists. I also had an American Ninja marathon--it was all out of order but I love watching that show, especially when a woman competes. how fun, chicago sounds like it will be nice

atmos:
I looooove clothes...pic of the solo dress? How did it fit?

wundertales:
sounds like you had a fun weekend and were able to get back down so congrats on that Glad you're feeling better!

charbreaker:
The biggest thing I can see between T25 and Insanity is that T25 has more modifications than Insanity (if I remember correctly). the actual workout is about 20-30 minutes shorter in length so I'm sure you're not burning as much calories as Insanity. I don't follow their diet plan so I'm not sure I can speak for it's full effectiveness, but I have lost weight doing that and my own calorie-counting.
Have a great time at the wedding!!

nonameslob:
yay on the run!
__________________________________________________ ____

So I'm kind of bummed my plans got cancelled for san diego but I'm hoping a nice LA beach day might still be possible. Went to macy's and bought a cute swimsuit and I'm hoping I can convince some friends to go to the beach tomorrow. I've been killing it with my workouts and have been pretty good about eating clean all week so we'll see if I see a scale change...Happy Friday everyone!

Last edited by kisskiss; 07-24-2015 at 10:52 PM.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:32 AM   #123  
Call me NNS!

177.6 today. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to edit on mobile though.

Going to try to run 3x next week (maybe even a run today if its not too hot!)
Old 07-26-2015, 08:22 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 286/Signature/200

Height: 5'7"

kisskiss Thanks! Hopefully you were able to convince them to go to the beach with you, lol. If you did I hope it was enjoyable

NNS If you're referring to editing the spreadsheet on mobile, let me know when you figure it out lol! I can't figure it out either.

I had a pretty good week. Found out A LOT of interesting things today about some people I recently became friends with. On the plus side, I am now in the 260's but BARELY. I'll still take it, lol.
wundertales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:14 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 220/238/135

Height: 5'3"

I haven't abandoned this challenge! Though admittedly I didn't exercise this week. Last week I was on vacation and so I didn't go to the gym. But I walked a ton, which I counted as exercise. I also didn't eat excessively. This week I didn't get to the gym because I had no one to watch my dog. She's older now and needs to be let out often to avoid accidents in the house. This shouldn't have been an excuse to do nothing, but unfortunately it was.

However, I am eager to get moving again this week. I'd been experimenting with different classes at the gym and it looks like right now spinning is the most intense exercise I can do without hurting myself at this weight. Hopefully when I lose 20 pounds or so I can get back to doing things like deep squats, boxing, etc.
Dani0112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 11:23 AM   #126  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Here are the Week 4 Charts everyone!

If you want to join the challenge then please let me know! I will need your weight from the previous week to enter onto the spreadsheet . Please feel free to join up!
If you missed the deadline for submitting your weight for previous weeks, let me know in the thread how much you weighed last week - I will then add your name to the current weeks spreadsheet + your previous weight. Your information is still being stored, you are not out of the challenge if you don't see your name on the current spreadsheet!

Enter your workout goal (or "No Goal" for those who are just weighing) for this week here!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:05 PM   #127  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys!

I'll do some personals a little later, just wanted to give a quick update. So I've been seeing 168 lbs on the scale these days which is NUTS considering I started this challenge weighing in at 165/164 lbs. I'm not sure what was going on, but this morning I dropped to 166 lbs so maybe it was muscle recovery weight from the hike I did. Either way, happy to see I'm getting closer to the 150's.

I went on an epic 9 mile hike on Saturday, it was intense! I was in a large group of people, friends of the boyfriend's, all of which were pretty in shape so around the half way mark I started to drift towards the back of the line. All the uphill/steps up the trail were a killer, I always slow the way down when those are introduced! The payoff was a lake, but unfortunately it was way too cold for a dip! I had brought along my swimsuit and everything.

Here is a pic of the view along the hike:

Amazing!

So I'm going to be dog sitting again for Bella the Malamute for those who might remember! I'll be doing it for 12 days so I figured what a perfect excuse to make a meal plan and STICK WITH IT since I won't be at home surrounded by the usual temptations. I spent so many hours yesterday and today cultivating this plan, but now I'm happy to say I'm finished and I'm excited to see how it goes. I won't be able to do my usual hardcore workouts like Insanity and weight lifting while I'm there...they don't have the room/I'm not sure how Bella will like me jumping around like an idiot (will probably think I'm playing and start trying to join in, for an 70 lb dog not a good idea!), so I will probably try to get out there and go on some lengthy walks. I will do some running too to get more of an intense workout in, but as long as I spend some time every other day walking I'll be happy.

My meal plan basically consists of getting the right amount of grains, protein, veg and fruit in on a daily basis. I've focused more on protein than grains, but I've made it full of things I'll actually eat instead of using someone else's plan. My boyfriend is being super supportive too, he's saying he wouldn't mind joining me doing it and says he's looking forward to seeing if he notices the difference. It'll be much easier knowing I'm not on my own, I must say! I've always secretly hoped he would be into the same exercise I am, I've been trying to encourage him to go on runs with me and I think I've almost got him convinced. He's a kick boxer and all his other kick boxing friends run to get their cardio up, so he's feeling peer pressure from them!

Anyway, I need to make dinner, I'm making a zucchini, tomato, basil, scallop pasta dish. I've NEVER cooked scallops and apparently they're hard work so I did a bit of research first...hoping I don't mess it up and give every food poisoning!

I'll be back to do personals soon!

Last edited by Riestrella; 07-29-2015 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:12 PM   #128  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Woohoo, I saw 165 lbs today!!

--------------------------------------

wunder - Glad it was just allergies and nothing more serious! What sort of allergies were they, like hay fever or were you reacting to something else? I'm sure your party gain was just water weight, it's good to have little cheat meals here and there, I think that it actually encourages your metabolism to speed up to deal with the onslaught of food!! I've been doing really well with food, lost no weight, then ate a really unhealthy meal and lost weight! Did you end up joining a gym? Congrats on getting into the 160's!! What interesting things did you discover?!

char - First ever hangover?! Congrats on making it this far!! I think my first hangover happened at 18, haha! The last one was in April...I hope that will be the last one for a long time. Oh yeah, Insanity will definitely get you past any plateau!! It's so good. It is tough but liberating at the same time, right? Sometimes I actually get a little teary when I'm doing it because of all the endorphins and feeling proud of myself!! He says "you can do it!" and I'm like "yeah, I CAN do it!!"

fuct - I'm so sorry for your loss *big hug*. What you considered as a bad food day is not really that bad! Having a few nibbles here and there is nothing, I probably would have consumed a whole portion of chips, an ice cream cone and a whole doughnut . So don't put too much pressure on yourself, you did really well considering. I wish I had your restraint, I have one bite and I want the whole thing!

Leah - Hope you get your computer back soon!

NNS - Woohoo, congrats on your move! What a relief! How are you settling in to your new place?

kisskiss - Did you end up going on a beach day?

Dani - As long as you stick to your own pace, you can do most things!
Old 07-31-2015, 11:40 AM   #129  
Call me NNS!

kisskiss - Hope you made it to the beach or at least have something awesome planned for this weekend!

wundertales - What did you find out? I hope it wasn't anything that would compromise your new friendships!

Dani - Did you make it to the gym this week?

Ries - Wow, what an alice hike! Gorgeous! I hope you are super proud of yourself. I'm out of breath just thinking of it. Sounds like you have an excellent plan for do sitting and I'm glad to hear hubby is thinking about getting on board! I bet it will be nice to have the time alone with him That scallops dish sounds incredible omg how did it turn out?

Yesterday was my first fast day (I follow 5:2) in like three weeks. I just woke up and realized it was time. My IBS was coming back and I finally felt as though life had calmed down enough. I was rewarded this morning with a calm stomach and a new low! 175.8.

Being active has been insanely easy. The trail for running and biking by my house is beautiful. I've already hit my goal of three runs this week and will head out for another one shortly. My pace is great but I have to work up my distance again. I'm having a hard time slowing myself down so that I can run longer!

I also rode my bike about ten miles yesterday. A couple miles just for running errands and then my bf and I took a nice ride on the trail last night. Thats nothing for him but it was a lot for me! I have a feeling to days run will be short because of that.

Hope everyones summer is going well. Its almost august!

Last edited by nonameslob; 07-31-2015 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:37 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 220/238/135

Height: 5'3"

Can I be added back to the list? I've been weighing in at 240 for the past week. I started adjusting my diet this week. I'll see if it makes a difference.

Exercise-wise have done 3 workouts this week. 1 more to go.
Dani0112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 10:43 AM   #131  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

I haven't been able to get into a good routine, so I'm going to drop out of the challenge. It isn't working for me, though hopefully within the next challenge or two I'll have conquered the binge eating monster and be able to join again as it is a fun community. I'm going to focus on eating regular meals and snacks rather than binging, forget about calories for a bit, and ease into an exercise regime. Then I'll focus again on weight loss.

Ries - Epic 9 miles coupled with that picture...did you guys hike Sandbeach Lake? It's definitely a tough one but a really nice reward. I did that hike on my own one September morning and had the lake all to myself since the backpackers had already headed out and the day hikers had not yet arrived.

As requested, here is a photo of my new solo! It fits snugly, which is good, but I need to get some length added. Apparently teenagers don't have as much butt as I do and it is too short in the back.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dress.jpg (35.8 KB, 45 views)
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:10 AM   #132  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

NNS - I did feel proud, yeah! It's definitely one of the longest hikes I've done since I was a kid - my Mum tricked me into hiking one of the biggest peaks in England and I had a right strop at one point since the trail went down and went back up again. I said "I'M NOT CLIMBING ANOTHER HILL!" and they gave in and we took a shortcut back to the car, we all laugh about it now. The scallops dish went down well! I think the next time I do it I want to make more of a sauce...maybe add a few spices to it as well. But everyone said it was really nice, a satisfying light meal. Here's the recipe I used: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pasta-w...e=4&ismetric=0
I fried the scallops in a separate pan though because I read so much about how fiddly they can be to cook. Put them in a piping hot pan and started to put them in one by one starting at 12 o'clock and moving around. Left them for like a minute or so before flipping them once they looked cooked/a little browned. Did the same on the other side before adding them to the main vegetable mix. Didn't want to give anyone food poisoning!
Sometimes I love those moments when you wake up and feel ready to be healthier again. You are doing such an awesome job with your workouts!! I don't know how you manage in this heat!

Dani - You're back in! I put 240 as your last weeks weight and this weeks since it's Saturday and the charts get made on Monday, but please change this weeks weight if it goes down. Good luck!

atmos - Sorry to see you go! I understand though. Sometimes you need to focus on other things first before joining in with big community challenges. If you want please feel free to keep talking to people on the thread! We're here to support you even if you're not in the challenge. Oh wow, that dress is gorgeous!! I love the colours and the design. Yes, that's exactly the hike we did!! So funny that you knew!
Old 08-01-2015, 04:15 PM   #133  

Height: 5'6''

Wow, it's been a crazy week. My parents are moving to another state and we had one day (ONE DAY) to get the house ready to go on the market (selected a realtor Monday, met with them Tuesday, slaved away on Wednesday, up on MLS on Thursday!) and it's been to bed late and up really early. I was unable to find time Wednesday and Thursday to work out (unless moving heavy furniture and loads of boxes count?) and while I went hard on Friday, I didn't eat all that well. Numbers will probably be higher this week. Oh well. I did Insanity Cardio Abs today after doing Turbo Fire HIIT 25 and ouch. I loved the High-Low Plank pulses though!

atmos- The dress is lovely! We'll miss you on the challenge, but feel free to stick around and chat. It's good to have you around even if you aren't participating. And good luck with the binge eating monster, it's one I'm having to conquer too.

Hope everyone else is well. Have a wedding tonight, so I'm mentally preparing myself not to overdo it on food. Here's hoping I can withstand the temptation!

Last edited by charbreaker; 08-01-2015 at 04:17 PM.
charbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 04:55 PM   #134  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys! I'm dog sitting again and the diet is underway! I'm going out for the mother-in-law's birthday tonight, so I'm using my "eating out" plan for the day. I've had banana and yogurt for a morning snack and I just had a whole grain tortilla with lettuce, cucumber and turkey. So far so good! It's 3pm and I'm trying my best to resist constantly grazing on food and since there is no temptation I don't notice myself getting hungry.

Yesterday I went to a farewell party for some friends who are going to Korea, I had a really nice time mingling with new people. I even might get an editing job out of one new acquaintance! We were talking about passions and I said I wanted to be a film editor and he basically offered if I wanted to edit some footage he's been sitting on for ages. I hope something becomes of it, it'd be great to get editing again.

I also got my work permit, woohoo! So the job search will begin soon. Looking for something part time, admin ideally, so I can focus on building a portfolio in my spare time. I'm interested to see how difficult it is to find work in America vs. England.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:18 PM   #135  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Here are the Week 5 Charts everyone!

If you want to join the challenge then please let me know! I will need your weight from the previous week to enter onto the spreadsheet . Please feel free to join up!
If you missed the deadline for submitting your weight for previous weeks, let me know in the thread how much you weighed last week - I will then add your name to the current weeks spreadsheet + your previous weight. Your information is still being stored, you are not out of the challenge if you don't see your name on the current spreadsheet!

Enter your workout goal (or "No Goal" for those who are just weighing) for this week here!