Old 06-05-2015, 10:40 AM   #31  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyrh View Post
Hey everyone I hope yall wouldn't mind one more person hoping into the thread. I'm 25 and I fell off the wagon earlier this year. So here I am 196lbs and starting slowly. I've got a history of an eating disorder and the really effects how I eat and deal with stresses in life (ironically I'm a psych major lol go figure!). I really enjoy being outside when I can be but getting to the gym just doesn't seem to happen as much as I like. I'm on MFP (peck0247) but don't use it to track as much as I use it to just socialize. And thus concludes a very brief history of me
Of course not. Welcome aboard
By the way, I am also a student of psychology and have a history... I was in and out of therapy for depression and anxiety issues a lot but for me, it's two different things. I am good in my study field, I am good at work and with what I do and yet I am a human being and can be affected by feelings and issues I help others with. I think it is important to never confuse profession with private life. I never tried to help myself with the knowledge I gained in my education and became really good at distancing and keeping work/study and private life/issues apart from each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGirl16 View Post
fitcat being in shape is definitely possible! When I am "in shape" for me it's still a slow pace for a lot of people. I did sports in high school and I was always one of the slowest on my team. You can do it! Just don't compare yourself to other people. Something a friend told me last year helped me a lot for both fitness and weight loss: don't compare your chapter 1 to their chapter 20. Just because you may not be in the shape you are know doesn't mean you can't be.
Thank you! I KNOW comparing to other people is so unhealthy and stupid because it doesn't matter what they look like, what they are able to do and so on.... but it's still hard not to when you are surrounded by people who just climb a mountain like it was a small flight of stairs and you try to keep up with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahaney View Post
Hi Everyone! I'd really like to join this thread as well! I had joined a different weight loss buddy thread, but it basically died! SO, I am 26, 142 pounds and looking to get anywhere between 110-120 pounds, depending on how I feel at the weights! I, too, have a history of eating disorders. I was anorexic for years when I was a competitive gymnast, and also over-exercised...sometimes up to 6 or 7 times a day. I've relapsed loads, and then gained quite a bunch of weight, and have been too scared until now to try and lose it. BUT, I am 15 pounds down from my starting 157 pounds and have had no relapses and exercise a normal amount now! 4-5 times a week! I got into a Star Wars musical tour, and got cast as Princess Leia, and would like to be more lean for the role...that is what has kickstarted this weight loss journey for me! It's so nice to meet everyone!
Welcome
That sounds great. Congrats on the musical role, how awesome is that!?
It's interesting for me that there are some of you who have trouble not to work out too much and not to eat too less - I am the complete opposite, I am so lazy and could eat all day

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyLeah View Post
I'm still trying to workout what a healthy plan should be for me. I'm thinking something to do with keeping my calorie differential (calories in vs calories out) within a certain window. One where I'll still lose weight but venture into unhealthy territory.
How do you calculate your calories? I have a very good excell tabulary from a former doctor of mine which is unfortunately not in English but using this, I calculated my amount of calories for a healthy way of losing weight. You can even calculate the best PAL for your individual life inserting how many hours a day you are asleep, stand, sit, lie, run, go, etc... and you are able to use several different ways of calculating (like all of the well-known formulas).
Maybe I could translate it for you if you're interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet bean View Post
Fitcat – if I go to a sauna after a workout or take a hot bath, my muscles don't hurt at all, no matter how intense the workout was. Stretching before and after also helps. My friend takes Magnesium pills for muscle pain, she says it helps. I try to weigh myself one time per week like you –because if I do it too often, I just end up expecting too much everyday.
Ah, that sounds so good! But I neither have access to a sauna, nor have a bathtub! Poor me
Maybe I will try magnesium, though!

At the moment I can't seem to find time for regular workout because I have to work and study a lot and it is soooo HOT outside, I don't feel like exercising at all! But I'm trying to keep it up!
fitcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:55 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 173.5/158.8/120

Height: 5'1"

Yeah, being open has really saved me this time around!

Fitcat, it's a weird thing because obviously I let myself get to a place where I am heavier than I want to me, but then it had been hard because in the past when I've tried to lose weight, I've reverting right back into anorexia/overexercising mode...it hasn't been easy! It's just going a lot more smoothly this time around and at a much healthier pace, thank goodness!
kahaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:28 AM   #33  
Hello!

Height: 4'11"

Fitcat, regular workout time, what's that? Haha. Lately it feels like if I'm not asleep I'm working or studying. I envy those who have a set gym time or set sort of schedule that isn't too late or ridiculously early. I think for me personally using all of my knowledge to understand why I am the way I helps me cope and keeps me grounded a lot. I think my education and constant want for more information is part of what is helping me stay on a healthy path and keeps me honest if I feel like I may relapse at any moment.
alyrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:12 PM   #34  

kahaney - of course everyone has their own weak points and has to struggle with different things. I am happy that you seem to have found a good way for you you also look hella fit on your profile pic, hehe.

alyrh - I know what you mean! It's very difficult for me, as well. I am also studying and working and a huge fan of free time and hanging out with friends I really need time to relax and just be with myself, as well. That's why I don't go to the gym or elsewhere to exercise and decided to start at home with my stationary bike and youtube videos etc.... maybe one day when working out is something I really LOVE to do, I will move to a gym or the like but right now I know that I would be paying my monthly rate and almost never go there because it's nothing I love to do but something I need to do and want to do. Know what I mean?
Old 06-12-2015, 02:09 PM   #35  
Hello!

Height: 4'11"

Fitcat:
I know exactly what you mean. That seems to be what my gym membership has been for the last couple of weeks. I don't have enough space in my tiny apartment to do much workouts at home. Balance is what I'm trying to find. Balance between work, school, husband time and friend time. It gets so overwhelming sometimes.
alyrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 12:30 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyrh View Post
Fitcat:
I know exactly what you mean. That seems to be what my gym membership has been for the last couple of weeks. I don't have enough space in my tiny apartment to do much workouts at home. Balance is what I'm trying to find. Balance between work, school, husband time and friend time. It gets so overwhelming sometimes.
I feel you! Exactely the same for me except for the marriage part but I have a boyfriend and a cat, I guess that counts

Did anyone of you girls have trouble with starting exercises because of a lack of muscle?
I realised that I cannot do many exercises in diverse youtube videos (even those for beginners) because I don't have enough muscle to do the movements in the right way, especially abdominal muscles seem to be non-existing
Old 07-05-2015, 08:53 AM   #37  

Girlsssss, anybody still in here?
I got kinda swallowed by the exam phase ... what about you?
Old 07-06-2015, 02:39 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 174/165/125

Height: 5' 5" 1/2

I may be late, but is it possible to join?

@fitcat I remember those days! Hope the exams didn't have too much of an influence on your progress! Did you end up gaining/losing?

I'm currently 24 years old and 165 lbs. I don't think I've seen the 150's since high school... I'm really hoping to have a place I can go everyday to talk to others who are also on the same journey.
hazeldust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:58 AM   #39  

Hiya! I am a 20-something who is looking to lose about 50 pounds! My weight has gone up and down and up and down and I'm just not at all happy with myself at the moment. Looking for some buddies to support and motivate each other in the process as well
unicorn22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:07 PM   #40  

Hi!
I am also looking for some weight loss friends! I really need the constant daily chatter and someone to turn to when it gets rough! I am looking for a super active group!
I am currently 157. This is actually up from 147 that I was at a month ago. It's been a crazy ride, we've moved across the country, my hubs graduated med school, I've been single momming it and stress stress stress equaled eating bad foods which turned to a ton of weight gain!
My ultimate goal weight is 127. I am hoping to lose about 2 pounds a week, which is doable, but oh so hard and I need support! I am eating as clean as possible, drinking 80-100 oz water a day and trying to work out every day. I haven't made it to the gym this week, yet because of TOM, but last week I was able to go every day! It's my "me" time, which I need considering I have two littles.
I am planning on going to Yoga today in about an hour, and then hopefully getting the P90X ab ripper in tonight. It's only 16 min, so that is nice.
My problem is, I always start super well and then tend to start slipping. My husband is not helpful, at all. He loves to eat! And he can because he still has a fabulous metabolism. I like to reward myself and when I get stressed/sad/upset I eat to make myself feel better. And with my hubs starting his medical residency and being home like, none, I have been a little depressed, lately.
Anyways, I KNOW i can do this, but I am looking for a group that I can vent my feelings to. Because I NEED to! Whenever I'm trying to diet etc. people get sick of hearing about it. Haha, cuz I'm chatty. They're all like, "shut up and eat your lettuce". Haha! Not exactly, but that's how I feel. So, I'm glad I found this forum! I hope this thread is super active! And I hope we are all doing well on our weight loss journey!
DMBSJB8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:50 PM   #41  

Hey unicorn22! I know exactly how you feel I've been going up and down and I can't seem to get myself to just lose weight and keep going down. I mean, within the past 3 weeks I've gained 4 lbs :/ that's why I've decided to start making changes NOW! I want to get to a point where I no longer have to worry about my weight and be so self-conscious.

Hi DMBSJB8! It can be hard when there isn't a good support system around us. I find myself gaining weight because of the limited support I get at home too (my family means well but they just don't care to change their diet). But you're on the right path! Hopefully we can keep each other accountable. Also, congrats to your hubby on finishing med school - what an accomplishment!

Yoga and P90X is great! Just focus on one day at a time and get it done - no excuses. I think I may start insanity today. I'd really like to get down 10 lbs by August 15th (my trip to Boston) - which is basically 2 lbs a week, so we have the same goal!
Old 07-09-2015, 07:58 PM   #42  

Made it to yoga! Putting in my P90x video now. Oh man, I'm gonna be sore tomorrow I definitely will need to take a hot bath once I get my littles down for the night. Hubs is working late again tonight. I have seen him for about 2 hours for this whole week. It's been tough.

Ate pretty well today. Banana breakfast, veggie patty and veggies for lunch, chick fila 8 count for dinner. And I only ate half of the fries And then some veggie/fruits for snacks. I have no idea what cal range I am at, but I have felt full all day long!
Old 07-09-2015, 10:52 PM   #43  

Woo!! Yay to doing Yoga! How did the P90X video go?

That really sucks Will you at least be able to see him sometime over the weekend/soon?

Great job on eating well! I've been struggling with my diet lately.. I don't know what's up with me.. I just keep binging! Today wasn't too bad.. I had a lean cuisine meal, some oranges, a banana, quinoa and roasted chicken for dinner and some tuna salad for lunch. I'm still kind of hungry though, and it's almost 11pm here :/

I'll definitely do insanity tonight though.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:39 AM   #44  

Didn't do the P90X Had to get my daughter to bed early because she was having such a hard time tonight. And then hubs came in, said goodnight and went to bed. (He didn't sleep at all last night!)
Now here I sit, on the couch, eating carrots and drinking water, while catching up on the last season of Greys Anatomy. Man. I really want some buttered popcorn, but I would regret that in the morning, I'm sure. So carrots it is
Old 07-10-2015, 12:44 AM   #45  

Aw shucks, life always gets in the way doesn't it? You can try and do the video tomorrow Good job on the carrots and enjoy the show! I just finished responding to e-mails and I'm exhausted. Going to try and get some much needed sleep.

Night