3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

Gained weight back, lacking motivation

Old 05-21-2015, 12:47 AM   #1

Height: 5'6"

Default Gained weight back, lacking motivation

Last year I lost 65 lbs. It was the most weight I've ever lost trying, and I felt amazing. Then, I almost died due to a medical issue (randomly going blind and an allergic reaction to an MRI)... THEN a month later I had another personal trauma. Honestly I felt very depressed and anxious after those and with school and internships I went to food for comfort.. I gained 60 lbs back. It feels HORRIBLE. Its almost worst than the feeling of being overweight in the beginning... because I feel like this is more my own fault for gaining it back.

Im trying so hard to get back into that kick butt mode of losing weight again, and I need some tips or advice. How do I let my own shame/guilt get out of the way and get back to working hard and feeling motivated? Its just so difficult a second time around, I feel like I shouldn't have gained it back and I could be so different than I am right now.
shannylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:51 AM   #2

S/C/G: S/C/G 290/Ticker/150

Height: 5'7

Starting can be the hardest part.

I just want to say that most of us here have gone through some type of regain, I know I have! And it does suck. BUT beating yourself up about it only makes it worse. All that negativity and being mad at yourself, isn't going to bring you any closer to your goal. The hardest/best thing to do right this minute is: 1) realize your not perfect and that's ok, 2) FORGIVE yourself (after all, you're only human), and 3) let go of any anger or bad mentality "I could be at ### if I hadn't stopped." You'll have a much easier time moving forward. I've tried to shame or guilt myself into losing weight and it never worked.

The good news is that you've done this before and you can do it again! The first time around was a learning experience, this time youre a veteran and you know what to expect. This is the perfect time to look back on what you did before, what worked and what didn't. What habits were easy to stick to, which didn't, and why?

I struggle with depression and anxiety as well and often turn to food for comfort. I like to journal when I notice Im in the mood to eat everything in my house. If I want to stress eat and don't know why, writing down my feelings usually helps me get some clarity/ makes me feel a little better. It may not work for everyone, but I think it's worth giving a try. Finding other things to distract/comfort you when you feel stressed/anxious can go a long way. It just depends on what you like.

Follow my weight loss journey: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wojus-04lmY
ASaladandaDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 01:16 AM   #3

Height: 5'6"

thank you for the response. Its nice to know people are going through the same thing. I need to be less hard on myself.... and you're right I am a veteran now lol
shannylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.