Old 03-11-2015, 11:21 AM   #1  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Default Weight Loss Friends

Hi everyone!

I always see everyone posting about wanting weight loss buddies, friends that have the same ultimate goal as you... to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle. So I thought that maybe we could start this thread and we could all be buddies here and check in with one another right here. Of course everyone is welcome to be friends outside of this, I just thought this would be an awesome way to be firends and support one another.

I would like to tell you all about myself. I am Danielle, I'm 26 years old, my birthday is April 30th.. and I'm nervous to turn 27! I do not have any kids, but my cousin just had a baby girl Vivianna.. she made me her godmother, and she's so adorable and I look forward to being a big part of her life. I would like to have kids in the future, maybe 1.. maybe 2. I am dating a guy named Mike who is 27 and we've been together for 5 years, it'll be 6 in May, we purchased our first home together 2.5 years ago, it'll be 3 years in July. We have lots of furry children, because rescue animals are my passion in life. I have 3 dogs and 7 cats.. yes 7 cats, I foster for a local rescue and sometimes just can't let them go. Though I am taking a break from fostering cats, which kills me, but recently I suffered a very tremendous loss in my life and I needed to take some time for myself.. that includes getting healthier emotionally and physically. I also have 2 house rabbits, and 2 ferrets, and 2 guinea pigs, along with some small animals like hamsters, etc. I know that sounds crazy to most people but I love them and love to care for them and wouldn't change my life for the world.

I have always been a chubby girl, never been skinny. I do not know what it's like to be skinny.. but would love to be more comfortable. I can't believe I am weighing in the 200's now... that is insane to me. Last time I looked I was at 180 and I thought "Ok, I got to do something about this" and then before you know it I'm at 208lbs. Just insane how fast that can happen. I've never really had TRUE friends, no one to really support me and to rely on besides my Mom... I know that makes me out to sound like the biggest loser but I do have 'friends' I just wouldn't consider them very close friends or supportive friends. They're mostly people I've met through my boyfriend and his friends (their girlfriends, etc) and most people are just too busy with their lives. I also have a hard time connecting with people who are not animal lovers.

Anyways - I figured this thread would be perfect for us all to get together and talk and chat and support one another in this crazy journey we are taking to a healthier life.

Please join in and lets get to know one another.
Savemykissesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/238/135

Height: 5'3"

Hello

My name is Danielle too! I have been lurking here for a few years now and I'm ready to start trying to lose weight (again!) I can't believe I've gained over 30lbs since registering here two years ago. That's really scary, but I'd love to have a virtual buddy.

I'm 25, turning 26 the end of this year and "nervous" is a good word. I've been overweight/obese my whole life. I feel like it's held me back from a lot of things because of my low self esteem. I've never been confident enough to date and I shy away from social settings.

I know what you mean about not having close friends. I've realized I'm now at that age where friends start growing apart. Since graduating college a number of my friends have either moved far away, gotten married/engaged or had children. I had a falling out with one friend and we've made up since then but it's not the same. I feel very alone right now and would like to make new friends but I'm not sure where to look and like I said before, I'm very shy in social settings.

As for weight loss, I recently joined Planet Fitness and am making it my goal to go 3-4x a week, but my real challenge will be my diet. I had a lot of success previously with counting calories using MFP so I guess I will start there.

I just want to finally be comfortable with and in my own body and I would like to know what it's like to be genuinely happy. I also bought some cute (but way too small!) dresses from Guess that I would love to wear by my 27th birthday.
Dani0112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 03:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 82/80/60

Height: 5'2

Hi there,

After many failed attempts last year, I still am unable to lose weight as the temptation to eat a lot is more than my willpower. From the last 3,4 months I am trying to eat healthy but my mind is kind of trapped in other things too so I am kind of ignoring my health alarms and general well-being, which is not a good thing to do, I know .

I have been overweight my whole life, I have lost weight here and there but then gained back. The biggest weight loss I had was last year when I lost some 40 lbs! But then gained it back

Well now introducing myself, I am 26 years old and I am studying and I am also trying to find a job soon. I have family weddings coming this year so I want to be in the best shape. Who knows maybe I will get married in a year or two. Lol

Nice to meet you all here and I would like to be buddy up with you guys!

Coming to my diet, I am in hostel so what they give us here is not healthy and I have been so lazy these past months. But now I am going to start cooking for myself. Like Dani112 said previously in my journey of weight loss, MFP has helped me a lot. And I want to start this time from there too.
I will start brisk walking as I am so out of shape now and when I build some strength I will start c25k too. It has helped me before and when I started it, weight fell off like magic!

I have my eyes on BB complete body workout too.
findingmyway13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/193.2/135

Hi all, my name is Stephanie and I turned 27 about 2 weeks ago. I live with my fiance, our 2 cats and bunny. I'm a new lawyer and my job situation is not good and I'm constantly stressed. I'm trying to start my own business (which is also stressful), because I'm sick of being taken advantage of by my boss.

As for my weight, I've never been skinny. I don't even know what being skinny feels like. The lowest weight I've seen in my adult life is probably 175, but I've spent most of my time in the 180s and 190s, topping out at about 205. I get super motivated and lose a bunch, but then I get lazy and gain it all back. I'm really trying to stick to it this time. I count calories with MFP and I haven't really gotten into a fitness routine yet. Though this winter I did snowboard about 2x a week.

Nice to meet you all!
SweetPeach3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:45 PM   #5  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

Oh my goodness, Hayy ladieeees! We are all around the same age, too which is pretty amazing and exciting! I'm so glad to meet everyone!

Dani - Yay another Danielle, welcome & glad you joined in, too!! We can definitely be virtual buddies! It was hard for me turning 26 but now that I'm turning 27 I'm like freaking out, haha, but I'll get over it because I have no other options. :P You'll also get over it, too. We will survive and we all have to age at some point. I can't even believe I've been a part of this site for so long but never really stuck it out with losing weight ever. I'm also really shy in social settings, too, unless I'm drunk.. so I usually drink too much too fast and then I have a good time. haha.. and then it makes me think that it's obviously just me holding myself back. Good luck with MFP! and of course with planet fitness, too. I am a part of work out world, and I used to be a Planet Fitness member but decided to switch because work out world has group classes. I want to go more than I do now, but it's okay.. I want to do more at home, though.

Findingmyway - That is totally my problem too, I have no self control when it comes to food and eating.. I just want to eat. eat. eat. and of course all the yummy things that are bad for you.. and then I cave and end up ruining it all for myself. I wish you lots of luck with losing weight and keeping it off.. my fitness pal seems to be the go to with losing weight, which is pretty awesome and I hope you all have good luck with it. I am doing weight watchers myself.. my first time really trying it. I think that the weddings should help push you in the right direction.. hopefully! I want to do the C25K I think I only did 2 days of week one before then I sprained my ankle, haha.

Stephanie - You live really close to me, haha, I have a camp I go to a lot in the summer time, it's by hooksett. We usually go into manchester once a year atleast to party a bit but I haven't gone in a few years.. just not that into the bar scene, haha. Happy belated birthday! I love bunnies and currently have a foster bunny and two of my own bunnies who are bonded and super happy together I love kitties, too. tell me about your bunny and your kitties! would love to hear about them! It's funny how much we have in common, because obviously as I had said in my first post I have no idea what it's like to be skinny either, and actually I've always been chubby.. my lowest weight as an adult has been about 175ish, as well. Although I have never lost that much ever.. I have lost 15 to 20lbs and gained it all back when I lost motivation. I used to do the whole MFP thing and would count calories and that is how I have ever lost weight in the past, but now I am doing weight watchers and hoping it works and that I can stick with it.

How was everyone's weekend? I wish the weekends were longer (who doesn't?) because I always feel like they go by way too fast. I had a good weekend though, although I wanted to be a lot more productive on saturday, but it's okay I watched GLEE - haha. And I stuck to under my points on weight watchers.. saturday and sunday which is awesome, glad I didn't ruin it for myself. I went to my aunts with my puppies on sunday and hung out with my aunt and my cousins and we played games, lots of laughs and had a lot of fun. Today I was extremely hungry, I think I picked the wrong luncht o have.. it just didn't fill me up. but I did hit my 10k step goal with my fitbit, because with working and then I took my dogs for a walk when I got home.. I felt good about that because I hadn't hit my goal in a week. O.O which is so weird for me, I'm usually pretty good with that. Anyways, hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 03-19-2015, 03:40 PM   #6  

Hey guys
My weekend was good. I was able not to give in to cravings of eating sweet stuff. But I have not started calorie counting yet. I am so fat it's almost unbearable. I am going to go carb free for a month like no pasta, bread or rice. I won't quit fruit though. Anyone with me?
Old 03-19-2015, 07:52 PM   #7  

Have been doing ok this week. I haven't started counting/logging my calories yet but I have been mindful of what I've been eating and avoiding overeating. Have been to the gym two days in a row. I only go to the gym after work and I can't go tomorrow so I am done for the week. Next week my goal is 3 workouts and to log my food.

@findingmyway13 I'm not going no carb but I am going lower carb. I've already given up sweets. I will still eat small servings of rice and potatoes but not bread or pasta.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:43 AM   #8  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

Dani - that sounds amazing! Great job getting to the gym!

Findingmyway- Good luck with the no carbs, I've heard that works but I am not sure I'd ever be able to do it!

I'm doing alright, staying on track with my dieting and going down on weight thankfully... I weighed in on Wednesday and it was my first official weigh in for weight watchers, I am down 8lbs officially in one week which just goes to show me how much I overate before! So I'm happy about that.

Last night went to the gym to do a group class (step & kickboxing) and had an amazing workout with a friend and a great chat afterwards, it felt so great. We even did the sauna! First time doing the sauna

Last edited by Savemykissesx; 03-20-2015 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:59 PM   #9  

Wow 8lbs in one week! I will admit I've eaten pretty badly within the past 24 hours. But I did go to the market yesterday and buy healthy foods to eat for the coming week. I'm really going to try to relax on the carbs this week. My stomach looks extra poofy. I'm going to prep my meals today or tomorrow. I have a big container of salad greens, skinless chicken breasts and squash that I'm going to use in place of pasta in recipes.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Hey guys! I'm jumping in this if it's ok! I definitely need some friends who are going along this same road as me. I'll do a quick(ish) intro! My name is Rebecca and I'm 26. I'll be turning 27 this August. I'm currently a graduate student and I work part time, so I'm pretty busy most of the time. Last year I lived and worked abroad and got to my highest weight ever of 190lbs. When I returned to the US in August I got serious and lost about 17 lbs, and then I started dating someone who I am still dating now. He's pretty amazing and got me into rock climbing, hiking and just constantly moving. He has almost boundless energy and I love it. But I don't have that same energy, and I know it's because I'm not fit like I used to be. SO I decided that for myself and because I think he deserves someone who can keep up with him, I'm going to finally get myself in check. I've started running, I rock climb and I do yoga. My main problem is food. When I study sometimes I just snack on everything I can get my hands on.

Oh! Also I'm a huge animal lover. Right now I have 1 cat named Violet who is the cutest little thing ever. Whenever I have room/money/time I'd like to have more pets.

savemykissesx
- I am so jealous of all of your pets! That sounds like a fantastic house to have and never a dull moment!

I look forward to chatting with all of you! It's so nice to chat with women my age who are going through the same things.
redrose8988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:31 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Hi, everyone!

I thought I might jump in too, if that's okay! My name is Alison. I'm 23, turning 24 in a few weeks. I, too, have been overweight my whole life. I have hypothyroidism and PCOS, which can make it very difficult for me to lose weight. Three years ago, my doctor's office was advertising this new diet, where I was limited to 500 calories a day, but was given an appetite suppressant so that I wouldn't feel like I was starving. All of the weight just fell off immediately. I lost fifty pounds in five weeks and was the lowest weight I've ever been in my adult life, which was about 195. At the time, I thought that diet was incredible, but I had no energy and it actually created a really unhealthy obsession with food and binge eating, which is something that I never struggled with before that diet and is a constant battle now.

After stepping on the scale Sunday evening for the first time in years, I was shocked to see that I currently weigh in at 275, the highest I've ever been. I couldn't believe how far I had just let myself go. I cried for hours Sunday night, but Monday I decided that I wasn't going to feel sorry for myself anymore. Instead, I'm going to do something about it. I would also love to have a few friends on here to help keep me motivated. I'm hoping that we can all support each other
alisonfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 173.5/158.8/120

Height: 5'1"

Default Hi!

Well, I'd like to jump in as well!
My name is Kesinee, I am 26, turning 27 in September and have been battling with some weight for about 7 years now. I used to be an elite gymnast, but unfortunately I got an eating disorder from the obsession I had with being skinny and muscular. I developed anorexia and started over-exercising when I was 13.
After I quit gymnastics at 18, I gained weight really, really quickly and basically haven't ever lost it. I'd attempted to lose some weight previously, but unhealthy thoughts of stopping eating would creep in and I'd get scared and stop the weight loss...BUT! I can finally say, I feel like I'm actually ready to do this, reclaim my body back and lose weight/get in shape the right and healthy way!
I've always done better when I do this with peers and with support! So, HELLO! I am an actor now, and I just got cast in a Star Wars musical as Princess Leia and would like to be in tip-top shape for that...rehearsals start in July! I'd like to get down to 110lbs...so I have about 40 lbs to lose by then!
I am doing the Scarsdale diet...except I allow myself to have cheat days sometimes...or I feel like I'd go nuts! I'm also exercising everyday...either dance classes or plyometrics at home!
I ALSO love animals, but haven't been able to own pets for a while because of how much moving around I have to do as an actor, haha! I can't wait to own dogs someday!
It's really nice to meet all of you! Let's do this together!!
kahaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:43 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone, I would also like to join in and hope this group becomes more active!

I'm Megan, I'm 20 and will be 21 in may.
I was always a little chubby as a kid, then went vegetarian and began losing weight when I was in 9th grade. I got carried away with it and lost too much weight too quickly. I started binging and gained it all back plus more.
Now I'm 7 months away from finishing college, and it is time to get my body back!

I'm on spring break, so I've been using the free time to workout and take better care of myself. I'm 5'8 and currently at 174, aiming for 150. I'm also currently trying to quit smoking. I had one cigarette yesterday and no so far today!

Oh, and some other stuff about me: I'm vegan and love animals I love love love plants and gardening and am majoring in plant biology and visual arts in school. I've got a pet bunny, enjoy being outside in the woods or at a lake. I like quiet time, soap operas, and thrift stores

Last edited by RetroRabbit; 03-26-2015 at 10:46 AM.
RetroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 01:01 PM   #14  

Savemykissesx: Wow 8 lbs in a week! That’s awesome!

Dani0112: Yea the salad preparation is idea is pretty good.
I am also planning to keep container of salad in fridge that I can eat as a snack and before meals.

Redrose8988: Hello Rebecca And welcome. I will be turning 27 in September
I think you will do pretty good if you are active more often. Clean eating will be a plus and I am sure losing weight will be so easy if you gain control of what you eat. I myself, struggle a lot with food but I am trying to make healthy eating choices these days.

Alisonfaith: Welcome
I can somehow relate to what you said about extremely low calorie diet where you literally starve yourself. I did that too and lost about 40 lbs in 4 months but I felt so weak and drained and it felt really bad. I used to eat a lot after that and have gained back all the weight. Now everybody I know says what I have done to myself is really bad but I believe I can lose this weight healthy way this time and I have promised myself I will keep it OFF for the rest of my life. We can do it I am sure

Kahaney: Hey, Welcome. We have the same birthday month and I will be turning 27 too
Congratulations on your achievement! If you think if you can do it, you sure can do it
Cheatdays once in a while are good. That’s what keeps us going :P

Retrorabbit: Hello and welcome
I am sure you will be in 150 before finishing college
We will all do it together.
Talking about pets, I am seriously thinking of adopting a cat.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:23 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Height: 5'8

findingmyway- I hope so! I have plenty of time before then, I only hope I can keep this going!

And you definitely should!! My housemate recently adopted a cat, and she's a sweetheart. Super needy for affection all the time, but she's cute
RetroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote