Old 03-26-2015, 05:41 PM   #16  
Semper Paratus

S/C/G: 181/~ticker~/130

Height: 65.5''

Talking

Hello, I guess we're a little more active than I thought. I posted on some threads, but I think those ones aren't used very much anymore.

Anyways, I'll join in. My names Victoria, I'm 23, I'll be 24 in July. I was pretty much a skinny minnie until I was a senior in high school. I gain a little bit of weight then but I really started gaining when I started college. It was a whole new world of eat whenever you want, whatever you want, however you want. And creamy iced coffee every morning with caramel and whipped cream and deliciousness, ok lets get back on track, lol. I actually this month have weighed my heaviest in my life, at 181. I got to 170 and told myself I would never get to 180, and here I sit, over 180 (well not currently, I'm back in the high 170's).

I am ultimately trying to get back in to my high school shape, I was about 120-125 majority of high school, but that was without really any muscle. I played volleyball (which has utterly screwed my knees, but I run through the pain), so I think that helped me to stay fit.

I am now studying and training to be able to join the US Coast Guard (Semper Paratus!!!). That is the main reason I'm trying to get back down to a healthy weight. I'm also trying to pass their PT guidelines before I go in so I'm not struggling in Basic.

I'm going on family vacation to Florida (Universal Orlando) this June and I also have a dance recital on June 7th, which I would like to look 'hot' for so I'm really trying to get down to at least 150, which I think is do-able for me, maybe even 140 (but will be content with 150). I haven't worn a bikini in many many years, but maybe I will wear one on vacation.

Well that got really long winded, but I'm glad to be here and I love all the support that this site has (even though I haven't been on in 4 years).

My goals right now, are just to control my eating (not counting yet), and to go to the gym at least 4 times a week for 30 mins at a time (trying for an hour), and dance twice a week for an hour (class M/W). I post on the Accountability threads as well so you can find me there too.

Nice to meet everyone and good luck on your journey!
lilmonstervictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 12:49 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 173.5/158.8/120

Height: 5'1"

Nice to meet you! I am glad there is so much support on this forum as well! I am glad more people are joining in to this conversation again, too! It's nice to meet like-minded people!

Kesinee
kahaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:55 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 203/200/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi! (:
I'm new here and would love to make some friends so I would like to join also if that's alright.
I loved reading all of you lovely ladies's posts. I just love hearing about other peoples stories (not in a creepy way!).

I'm not really good at talking about myself but here goes nothing. My name is Meagan (i saw someone else named Megan, how cool!) and I am 20 years old, I'm a wife and a dog mom! and I'm also a vegetarian! (:

I've always struggled with weight and I've lost weight once when I was a junior in high school and I went from a whopping 162 to 129! It was great! But definitely not long lasting.

I also struggle with severe anxiety, panic attacks, and depression. Last year in September I got into a car accident where I totaled my first car and had the biggest breakdown of my life. My mind is always thinking of the worst case scenerio and thus far I never had to much of my worst worries come true, but it did then and it sent me into a spiral. Weight gain, depression and constant fear. (I know it sounds silly but it's just how my mind works) After not being able to work from panic attacks, I got help and started therapy and medication. I am finally getting better mentally but I haven't worked or driven since and have been in a depressed state for a while and have gained a lot of weight. I am now at 200 lbs. I am so much better mentally and to get rid of this depression and to give my life a chance, I need to lose weight. So here I am, on my second weight loss journey and this one I am 1005596543209% committed and just want to be a better me. (I hope that's not too deep or too much personal info but it's basically my weight story )

I am using myfitnesspal( counting cals) and working out to Billy Blanks every night. My husband is also on this journey as I've caused him to gain weight.

I am looking forward to connecting with all of you lovely people and hearing your stories.
MeaganR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:24 PM   #19  

Hi Meagan!

So nice to meet you! I think this is a pretty safe place to share all of your personal stuff! Especially as it pertains to your weight! I think we all shared some pretty personal stuff! I'm happy you've joined in here! I can't wait to share this journey with all of you!

Kesinee
Old 03-31-2015, 07:38 PM   #20  

Default New yet again!

Hello there ladies!
I decided to join in, hope that's cool! It's amazing to hear all of your stories and hear so many similarities to my own experiences. Here's a little bit about me:

I'm 26 years old and have struggled with my weight since I was probably about 7 years old, however, I am at my heaviest today. After a drastic weight loss of 60 pounds in 6 months when I was graduating from high school in 2007, the weight creeped back on after moving away from home and having access to a buffet-style university dining hall meal plan. Most recently, in early 2014, I lost my father very suddenly to a massive heart attack. Instead of considering my own risk factors and health problems after my Dad's passing, I comforted myself with food, food and food. I found myself eating when I was sad, eating for entertainment, eating whenever I could find an excuse.

I am trying very hard to get in control of my life once again, and live a healthy and long life like my father would want for me. I believe you ladies will help inspire me! I am working on first cutting portion size down and removing unhealthy foods from my diet. I also want to increase my activity levels, starting slow and working my way up to more intense exercise. I had gall bladder surgery (most likely another health consequence of my weight/diet) in 2012, and due to complications, I have a very large scar on my tummy with lots of scar tissue. My core muscles are very weak, so I want to build up that strength.

Hope to get to know you ladies and support one another through a very tough journey!
DemJeansTho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:00 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/130

DemJeansTho, I also had gall bladder surgery back in 2007, so I can relate! Best of luck on your journey

I hope all of you ladies are having a good week so far. I'm down five pounds after my first week of clean eating. I'm feeling really good!
alisonfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:13 PM   #22  

Hi!
Jeans, it sounds like you've had a tough time, for sure! You've come to a nice place!

I have actually not been so good this week...gained two pounds...oooops...oh well. I am trying not to get too discouraged, and instead am going to keep looking forward!

Hope your weeks are going well!

Kesinee
Old 04-02-2015, 12:08 AM   #23  
Hatchling

S/C/G: 340/332/185

Height: 5'4

Heya Jumping in here ^_^ I am 23 and currently weigh 332. I was at 340 in January 2015 and that's when I decided something had to change. I started eating little to no carbs and going to the gym, but still couldn't lose barely anything. Well, I was diagnosed March 24 with PCOS and put on metformin to help my insulin resistance, and surprisingly I have lost about 6 inches off of my waist. Here is to getting my weight under control so my fiancé and I can start the family we have been trying for since March 2014! My first goal is to get down to 240 (the weight I was when my fiancé and I got together 5 years ago) and from there down to 185.. Other goals will be determined when I reach that second goal weight.
tabbylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:03 PM   #24  

Hi!

What a wonderful reason to want to lose! I am glad you got your health stuff figured out so you can start this wild ride!

Kesinee
Old 04-05-2015, 01:13 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 82/80/60

Height: 5'2

Welcome to all the new comers
Nice to have you all here .
Just an update : I am doing great on my diet, avoiding carbs and trying to eat more salad and lean protein and drinking plenty of water.
And I am walking daily for one hour. Today I started 21 day fix. I will just follow the videos. I have not checked my weight but I am feeling a lot better.
And all that huffing and puffing from walk is a bit improved now.
findingmyway13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:01 PM   #26  

Im joining in, 24 with a 6 month old girl, I'm ready to get back in shape!
goldengirlamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:07 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 276/257/200

Height: 5'6

I'd like to make some new friends :3 Support is always nice

My name is Savannah, I'm currently 20 and I'm turning 21 in September.
Since around age 6, I've always been chubby. My mom was never home, so I cooked for myself. I cooked easy things, fattening things, and the weight slowly built up. I stayed pretty consistent from ages 6-12, but then I had some family problems and I was moved in with my grandmother. At that point, I started gaining very rapidly. I went from 150ish to 200 in about a year and a half, and by senior year in high school I was at 250. After high school, I took a break and tried to learn to like myself. I lost twenty pounds in maybe 4 months. Then I got a job and started eating to console myself, and shot back up to 240. I was forced to move again after a year, and I'm currently at my heaviest, 270.

I've never had anyone friends as big as me, and I've always been too embarrassed to ask them for help/advice/support. I'm hoping that by joining this forum, I can actually start to lose weight and keep it off.

This fall, I'm going into college, and that's a huuuuge step in life for me, as I'm a first generation college attender and didn't think I'd ever go. I don't want to start my college life weighing in at 300lbs, and I'm afraid I'll stress eat and get to that point if I'm not very careful.
JigglyFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 07:20 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 220/238/135

Height: 5'3"

Just checking in here. Admittedly, I'm not doing too well. I've lost a little weight, like 4lbs but my efforts have been minimal. So far I still haven't made it to the gym 3x in a week, just 2x which I know is still more than I was doing before, but I need to do better. My doctor's appointment is in 10 days! Going to try to eat really clean over these next few days and stay in the gym...and relax! I've been really stressed lately which has caused me to binge.

Last edited by Dani0112; 04-11-2015 at 06:20 PM.
Dani0112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:39 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 82/80/60

Height: 5'2

Hi. How is every one doing here?

Goldengirlamy & Jigglyfluff : Hello and welcome.

I am on week 3 of 21 day fix and on third day of doing double exercises. I am trying to eat clean most of the time but had to stay with my family and did indulge in a bit of binge that i am not so proud of

But I am so happy that I am finally going to finish this workout. I have a history of leaving things unfinished, never have I completed a workout schedule. But this is going to be different *happy*

Last edited by findingmyway13; 04-23-2015 at 03:40 AM.
findingmyway13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:38 AM   #30  

Hey all! So, I've gained some weight...not all of what I had lost, but some...and not feeling too happy about it. I visited home because I am currently having some medical issues. I have a tentative diagnosis of endometriosis, so that has been a bit of a struggle...lots of tests, and not many answers at this point. I am also in pain everyday all day. BUT, I am done being sad and scared about it and want to focus on what I can fix...my body! SO, as of today, I am back on my diet track and want to see how much I can lose healthily in three months!

I am glad I have a place to come and know I will be supported!