Old 06-24-2015, 12:08 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 173.5/158.8/120

Height: 5'1"

I've just seen this! I agree, SydneyMarisa! If you know you'll feel better and more confident if you lose the 40 pounds, then not doing it would be cheating yourself of that good feeling and confidence! And yes, as long as all the motivation to do it is positive and working towards positive change, then I say GO FOR IT!
kahaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:27 PM   #32  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

This post is awesome!

I have always been guilty of the wanting to look good to people part and some just dont quite understand it.

At a single 26, it is obvious that looking and feeling great is pretty high on my list. There are pleanty of times I have missed out on the hot bloke because the girl beside me is much prettier (skinnier).

At this moment I have so many hot boy mates that just dont see me as girlfriend material :O Im done with it.

On the 23rd of November, I will be jetting off to Norway to start a short tour with a music group. There will be lots of guys and possibly an old lover :P but I would love to of lost 25 - 30 lbs by then. That is less than 1.5 lbs a week... totally doable right?
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:24 AM   #33  

Totally do-able! I think I should make 1.5 lbs my weekly goal too
unicorn22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 04:46 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 243/ticker/136

Height: 5'2"

I agree with everyone here - It's not a bad thing to want to lose weight for someone else as long as you do it for yourself too.

I am losing weight for myself...
for my health and to be able to get some cuter clothes at cheaper prices! I am a bit frugal.. standard plus size clothes in everyday stores I find to be so boring! I want some STYLE! So I do a lot of catalog shopping or mall shopping and hope I can afford it.

For my husband...
I was a tiny 105lbs when we started dating 12 years ago. I know he loves me no matter what size but he has been vocal about being concerned about my health - specifically in relation to heart attack concerns. He means the world to me and I know he feels the same. We've been through some pretty rough times in our past and have made it through beautifully. I can't imagine anyone else I would want to spend the rest of my life with.

For my husband's health...
we recently had a scare last month. My husband commonly gets up in the middle of the night to use the restroom. He is a light sleeper and if something happens to wake him up the first thing he notices is his bladder. He got up quickly, proceeded to get a bad charley horse, keeled over on the bed and I helped him massage it through. Once that was over he got up to use the restroom and the next thing I know I hear two loud thunks and run to the bathroom door to open it and find him at my feet completely out cold. I was hysterical - I thought he was dead (eyes open looking at the ceiling and everything). He came to about 10 seconds later not understanding why I'm hysterical. After all was said and done with he was diagnosed with Vasovagal Episodes partially because he has low blood pressure, the doc said I wouldn't need to call an ambulance unless he wasn't breathing but to just prop his feet up. Thankfully it's been the only one he's had so far... but it makes a girl nervous! My hope is that if he does have an episode and falls incorrectly that I can move whatever limbs needed (including full torso or body if fell awkwardly or leaning against something awkwardly) to ensure he is in the correct position to get blood flow back up to his head and he will come to much quicker. Leaving him A-OK and me less hysterical and helpless in the future.

For our future...
Pregnancy and diabetes are a big concern to both of us. So losing weight for baby(ies) is always a good motivator!

I also think its a good motivator to put a deadline on something important to me... I am thinking about finding a charitable race to do that I am passionate about.

Last edited by MrsClayton; 07-12-2015 at 04:48 PM.
MrsClayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 04:57 PM   #35  
Determind Member

Thats scary about whats going on with your Husband, I would most probably be in hystericals as well.

What kind of race are you thinking? 10k? 15k? bigger???

I would love to do a charitable race but after my recent ankle injuries it means I cant run on it very well (if at all). Which would leave it to be a walk than a run lol.

I hope you find something that really motivates you..
Old 07-12-2015, 05:14 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 243/ticker/136

Height: 5'2"

There was a cancer race here in town every year but apparently their donations aren't going towards the research so I am hoping to find something better. I haven't found it yet but I'm thinking of something big and giving myself a 2 year goal for that. I am extremely interested in the Zombie Run that happens here every year... love my sci-fi/fantasy.

I recently got a new job (this was desperately needed - my old job was toxic) and what do you know.. it came with FREE gym membership!!! So excited! I've been going to walk on a treadmill every day after work. Since it's right around the corner I bring a little bag with me to change out of my work clothes and go for 40 minutes each day I work. Who can beat free and accessible, am I right?

My health and husband's health motivate me plenty! How about you?

I had a bad knee last year that I had to go to PT for. Since starting the new job my right knee has been acting up too - this really kicked me into high gear along with my husband's health.

I saw your other post about what to do for exercise with an injury like that and was going to mention a rebounder. I have a little one in my basement that I got from an estate sale and I quite enjoy it if I'm watching something useful! It's actually quite low impact on your joints.
MrsClayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 05:37 PM   #37  
Determind Member

Thats great that you new job comes with free gym membership! I during the semester just there I was commuting to uni from my mums house which was around an hour and a half away (I live with my mum because I decided to travel a lot instead of moving out like most people). So I have decided not only to go back to uni and turn my degree into an honors degree, I will be moving into the city next month to make my commute just a 15 minute one.

The uni has a cheap gym to students, but once I have finished my classes, I have not one ounce of motivation to go do anything active. :/

I am currently 304lbs so I am doing a lot of it for health reasons, but the main one is really just to become the slender person that I feel inside. I feel I could be a great dancer lol sounds silly but when your dancing with an extra 150lbs on you, it doesnt look and feel as great as you'd think.

I have never been slim, I was a very active child who lived in a pretty poor family and was brought up on frozen food. I never got a great chance at life when it came to my health. My sister could eat anything and it never showed, my little brother the same. While they have now at 28 and 21 started putting on the pounds, I have been fighting since I was about 7 or 8 to get rid of it.

I am a lot more aware now of nutrition and what is good and what isnt good for your body. So this time I am really making a go at it, Its time and im now better equipped.

Is a rebounder like a trampoline? I have thought of getting one of them but I wasnt sure how my ankle would take it. You think it wont jolt anything too much?
Old 07-30-2015, 12:19 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 285/274.0/150.0

Height: 5'3

I know where you're at. I just got back my daughter's 3 month pictures and we always do a family shot. I HATE the way I always look in them (we did my sons pics for a year prior to her birth) and I was JUST thinking that our next one is in three months, right before my birthday. I could potentially be back at or below the weight I was when I got pregnant with my son. Now I just need to get motivated to do it. Eating has been the hardest part for me lately. I'm always hungry.
trailerprincess13 is offline   Reply With Quote