Old 03-20-2015, 08:51 AM   #226  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Ugh, I'm not doing so well recently. This knee pain is coming into week 3. Every time I think it's doing better I go on a test run and it flares up again. I have been on 2 runs since it happened and both haven't ended well. Tomorrow I should have been doing a 10K, but I can't now since it'd be stupid to attempt it after no training and a knee injury. My mum is very disappointed I can tell, I think she really wanted us to do this race together before I leave for America.
Right now I'm going to wait until my knee pain has gone completely before I attempt any more high impact exercise...which SUCKS because I find exercise is a huge motivator in my weight loss. I've been working on strenghtening my hips since I read that was a big issue with runners who get knee pain - their hips are weak and not supporting the weight as they should. I can't swim since I'm no where near a swimming pool and I don't have a bike. I can walk but even after 30 minutes of walking yesterday it began to hurt. Gah, I hate this!

I'm going to work really hard instead on yoga, strengthening my legs/hips and eating well. Yesterday was such an awful food day, I was starving when I went into town to run some errands and I grabbed a Subway since it's super cheap and filling enough. Instead of water I was silly and got a coke, then I had a bunch of chocolate at home then I had a pretty unhealthy dinner courtesy of my Mum's cooking =/. Today I'm eating healthy food to try and purge yesterdays crapathon.

I'm coming up to my period so I dare not weigh but I've been seeing early 160's after getting into the 150's at LAST a few weeks ago. Bloody typical ain't it, I get into the 150's then I injure my knee and can't work out the way I want!

My flight to America is booked for April 20th, yippeee! On the one hand I'm super excited to get over there but on the other I can't help but feel like I should be a lot lighter than I am!! I know I shouldn't pressure myself but I was so stoked to lose a bunch of weight before I left and now I'm going through this awful stall.

Hope you're all doing much better.

------------------------

atmos - Oh, awesome! I really like Boulder when I've visited...I'm addicted to Good Times though. It's the best and the absolute worse at the same time. Have you ever been? How did your dancing go?

izzy - Sometimes I wonder if my birth control is doing me no good either! I think I'll finish the supply I have then just stop taking it. It IS convenient for knowing when my period will be but I feel like there are side effects to it too.

Marnia - Oh no! Hope you get internet soon!

kisskiss - Your arms look awesome! You definitely have lost a load of weight on them. The arms tend to be a big problem for many, but you've done so well at toning them up. Have you had your wedding yet, I forget when it is! Can't wait to see it.

Last edited by Riestrella; 03-20-2015 at 08:52 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:44 PM   #227  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

I'm still up from my starting weight but down from last week. Man, this is really frustrating! But I switched up my eating this week and hopefully it starts to pay off as my body adjusts. Couch to 5K is still going really really well! I am really enjoying it!

I'm hoping spring will be better. We're typically super super active when the weather is warm, and my appetite goes down. Maybe the next challenge will be successful, though I wouldn't call this a fail.

Ries - Wow, the move is coming up quick! Super excited for you. Yoga sounds like a great plan while your knee heals. I read that about hips, too. I need to look into some exercises on that, I don't want the same thing to happen to me!

Marnia - Hope you're able to post more soon!

kisskiss - Woo girl your arms look awesome!!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:54 PM   #228  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Riestrella:
yay-you're coming to america!! that's so exciting, so glad everything is working out with that--that's only a month away! are you stressed out about the move?

ugh, I feel you. I've been having back issues yet again and I just haven't been able to go hard like I know I can. But, hopefully a little bit more rest and you'll be back to running again. Your mom will understand. May be you can sign up for something in Co with her?? Our wedding is March 31....so it's coming fast! Theyll let us know on the day of when our episode airs

nonameslob:
which week are you on c25k now? I somehow let a day or two go by, and now I feel like I should go back and start over my 5k is in may, so I still have time to get faster but I just haven't been as motivated to run as I should be.
I've seen 137 on the scale a few times this week, so I'm hoping it sticks. I was hoping to see 135 (my lowest weight) by the time my wedding rolled around, but that may not happen. I get married March 31 (yikes!), so I do have time, but I also don't want to stress myself out.
I already had a formal simple white dress that I was going to wear, but a part of me really didn't think I looked bridal enough. A few days ago, I somehow ended up at a bridal salon and fell in love with an actual wedding dress that was way out of my budget. Totally opposite of what I thought I would want, but I LOVED it. I ended up ordering it online as it was like 60% cheaper, and it gets here tomorrow. So excited!! I'm also just really excited to get it over with. It's been more stressful than I thought, especially since we are throwing a "reception" bbq the weekend after we get married and that's taken more planning than I thought.

Hope everyone has a good weekend! I am just going to stay home all day and wait on the Postman to deliver my dress did I mention it was a friggin size 4! I remember going to the same bridal store (DB) for a bridesmaids dress 4 years ago and being at a size 22. So happy!

Last edited by kisskiss; 03-20-2015 at 11:51 PM.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 08:30 AM   #229  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

Still not doing so well. Went to the 10K to support my Mum on Saturday and it was really upsetting that I wasn't doing it. I saw everyone in their gear wearing their numbers and really wanted to be there with them. My Mum really appreciated me going though, it started and finished on a race course so I managed to climb up on this podium and be the first thing she saw when she was coming to the finish! She liked that a lot. I wandered around the quaint little villiage while I was waiting, even just walking casually my knee was giving me trouble.

I need to be diligent with icing it again since that really helped before I ruined it all by trying to run .

I tried some henna from Lush, I had originally sampled the black henna but it literally did nothing to my hair colour. So I went back and the assistant said to try red first then layer the darker colours on top of it. I tested the red colour on a small piece of my hair and I love how it's turned out. It turned my normal brown hair into a chestnut colour and in different light there's a nice red tint to it. When I have the money I'm going to buy the full thing and get a hair cut too. Feeling excited to have a little bit of a hair makeover! I've had the same hair colour/style for years since I'm allergic to hair dye and I'm pretty useless with styling my hair.

Charts should be up tomorrow!

-------------------

noname - So glad that you're enjoying your running! I would definitely recommend strength training your legs/hips if you're running, it helps performance and prevents injury. I wish I would have taken my own advice before I got this dodgy knee!

kisskiss - I'm actually pretty zen about the move. It's been 9 months in the making so I'm just ready to get going. I've began doing some minor things like cancel my phone, handed in my notice at work, but a lot of it has to be done in the days leading up to the move. Packing will be the biggest stress of all, I hate trying to keep to the weight limit!
Do you have pictures of your dress? I hope it arrived! I hate waiting around all day for the postman! Not too long to go until the wedding! You're right, don't stress over a couple of pounds, you won't look dramatically different if you're 2 lbs heavier than you wanted. 12 lbs, sure, but 2 lbs - nah! That's insane that you dropped so many dress sizes.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:32 AM   #230  
Call me NNS!

kisskiss - Tonight I will finish up Week 6! And from here on out, no more intervals. I didn't think I could do it, but I'm quite impressed with myself lol I think your 5K is the same weekend as mine, right? May 2nd? I hope you're able to find the motivation to get back to it and we can have an awesome run "together"!

Congratulations on picking your dress!!! That is so exciting! I can't imagine how awesome that must have felt to order a Size 4 after previously being a 22...that is simply amazing. So proud of you! Pictures???

Ries - Oh I love Lush's henna! They have a really fantastic message board with lots of tips on how best to make it work for you. I'll try to find the link. I've only ever used the noir to darken my hair without any red. I'm glad you liked that you ended up with

Hope the ice helps on your knee. I do some strength training once a week, maybe I should up that to two. As much as I hope you get better soon, I also don't want to end up in your spot! That must really suck.

---

Feeling pretty good about food and weight right now. I've been counting calories, even on the weekend, and was just shocked what I've been doing to myself on the weekend. So I think that's helped me more mentally than anything. My weight is up a lot less this Monday than usual, so I think I'm getting back on track. I hope, at least.

Hoping to start running outside soon to give it a go! My work schedule changed, so I may be able to squeeze in a run around my neighborhood before work instead of waiting until the evenings at the gym.

My bf and I are about 4 months off from our own move to Colorado and I am getting nervous. I haven't had much luck in the job hunt lately and it's affecting my self-esteem a lot. My bf has applied to lots and I think he'll have an easier time than me getting a job, but it's got me worried. Our lease ends July 20th and I'd really like to have everything settled in Denver before then, rather than having to move in with my parents temporarily or anything like that!

I'm also getting my hair chopped off tomorrow...Jennifer Lawrence pixie cut style. I am so excited! I've wanted to go really short for so long but always thought it would make my face look fat, but I'm finally doing it. My face has changed so much. I think I'll totally be able to rock it.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:56 AM   #231  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
atmos - Oh, awesome! I really like Boulder when I've visited...I'm addicted to Good Times though. It's the best and the absolute worse at the same time. Have you ever been? How did your dancing go?
I haven't been, actually. It always seems gross to me, I think it is because I confuse it with Carls Jr. I think I'll stay away though if it's so good. My dancing went well with 12 performances over the week including 7 on St. Pat's. I was very exhausted though between that and a lot of stuff going on at work. Thank you for asking!
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:52 PM   #232  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

I'm going to start doing T25 again in earnest as my knee heals. There's a modifier in the videos and the moves look super easy and not as stressful on the knees. I'm itching to workout and I feel so fat when I'm not exercising. I'm still trying to keep icing it!

-----------------------------

noname - I've always wanted dark hair, pretty much black hair. I have bright blue eyes so I think the contrast with black hair would look awesome, but since I'm allergic to normal hair dye I've never been able to achieve the look. I doubt I will ever get black hair, but the red henna look is really nice! Wouldn't have considered it before that's for sure. Weekends are a kicker, especially drinks. Anything that isn't water is like a mini meal in itself! Good luck with the job hunt, how long have you been looking? I started looking in August 2014 and it was only last month that people started to hound me about giving me a job (typical as I already have one now!). Oh wow, it'd be great if you could share a picture! I really like the pixie look, but I know with my hair type it wouldn't work.

Last edited by Riestrella; 03-25-2015 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:05 AM   #233  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 9 Charts everyone! Just 1 more week to go!

Old 03-26-2015, 10:44 AM   #234  
Call me NNS!

Ries - I never actually went black with the noir dye, but I went from a dusty blonde to a really nice ash brown. You could definitely use it to go black if you really want to. You just have to use the henna a bit differently than you do with red, and you'd want to leave it in over night and then probably apply again a week or two later to get it even darker - that's the cool thing with henna, is you can just keep adding to it to get the hue you want, and it doesn't damage your hair! But enjoy your red for now, I'm sure it looks awesome!!

Okay, pictures. I'm still getting used to it, ack! But having SO much fun playing with it, there's so many fun ways to wear it!! Added one to show you how long it was before.

EDIT: I added a "bonus" fat face picture, haha! Holy cow my face has changed a lot.

----

As far as weight...whew. Can't believe my last weigh-in for this challenge is tomorrow. I'll probably be below my starting weight by maybe a pound, which is certainly better than above! I said this last time...but I really think I mean it this time. NEXT challenge will be my challenge to really start losing again! I'm really in the swing of things with my workouts now and I'm feeling much better about my diet at the moment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16749175250_6cefe601ff.jpg (60.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 16750410849_ea106038d2.jpg (82.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 16729277677_7e4eed9d55.jpg (59.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 16935638611_c2fa3d452c.jpg (73.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 16314314484_9ba5dc070b.jpg (76.9 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by nonameslob; 03-26-2015 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:16 PM   #235  
Irish dance addict

nonameslob - A pound down is great! I'll be a couple pounds up by the end if I'm lucky...I just can't seem to get my motivation. And unfortunately I'll be 30 in a few days, so I'm not sure I can be in the next challenge.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:52 PM   #236  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey guys!

So I dyed my hair with the red, here's a pic!

I'm really happy with the result, it's pretty much the shade I wanted. In certain light I think that it's not changed much, but then I catch a glimpse of red and it makes me love the change.

About the next challenge I will probably have to delay it until I move to America, which is the 20th April. So expect to see something at the end of April. I want to train for my first ever half marathon and I have around 3 months of time where I literally cannot get a job while I wait for work authorization so there'll be no excuses!

--------------------

noname - Giiiirrrl, you are rocking that pixie cut! And yes, your face has totally changed because you've lost a crazy amount of weight!! I bet it's weird not having any hair hanging past your shoulders, huh? I'm loving your enthusiasm for the next challenge, I've said something similar every single time I've put up a challenge but I refuse to give up!!

atmos - Don't be silly! Of course you can come back for the next challenge. I honestly put them in here because I find the 20-something forum to be the most active and I enjoy the chit chat.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:19 AM   #237  
Call me NNS!

Ries - Wow, your hair looks great! And you look great! You look a lot different than in your profile pic.

Thanks again for running the challenge and hopefully once you get settled in the US we can start the next one.

Looks like I'm finishing this challenge down a whopping .6 pounds. I'm not thrilled, but I really can't complain. Can't wait to see the final charts. Some of you have really done an amazing job!!!
Old 03-27-2015, 02:23 PM   #238  
Irish dance addict

Well, for this challenge it looks like instead of losing to 135, I gained to 145. Oops. I guess I'll aim to lose back to original starting weight before the next challenge!
Old 03-27-2015, 09:29 PM   #239  
me

nonameslob:
Thank you It's a very snug 4 (but the 6 was too big). I'm having it altered by a half inch and getting it tomorrow Yup, my 3k is may 2 (I think). I figure once the wedding stuff is over I can devote last month to training for it. I don't even want to know my mile time right now
I really like the haircut, I think you definitely can pull it off! It looks like a fun hairstyle to have, change it up. I am used to having long hair (past my shoulders) usually, but I did have a blunt bob a few years ago and I loved it. Just got tired of it after a while. I loved it in the summer tho, super fresh and light.

Riestrella:
so sorry that you've been hurt but I think with rest and modified T25 you'll be up and running in no time! OMG your hair looks soooo good! You look so pretty I love that color on you! late april challenge will be good, as I expect to gain some weight during the party my family is throwing us, and our honeymoon

atmos:
next challenge will be better
__________________________________________________ _________

okay so here is a pic of my dress, I cut off my face. I don't want my wedding pic floating around lol. I LOVE this dress so much, never thought I'd go with a trumpet style dress but that's what I got. I'm not going to be wearing that sash around it tho, decided against it.

I've been so busy this week, trying to get everything ready for when Fiance's mom comes down. I haven't been making the best choices eating wise, but I've continued the gym routine and I'm still at 137. I can't believe I'll be a married lady by Tuesday!!!

hope y'all have a good weekend!

Last edited by kisskiss; 02-08-2017 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:18 PM   #240  
me

My final weigh in is 137, can someone update me in the spreadsheet? I'm on my iPhone and can't seem to update it from here! Hope everyone's having a good Sunday, I went to a quince last night and had a bit too much good food and drinks, so I'll take the 137 happily