Old 02-21-2015, 09:56 PM   #196  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

kisskiss I have calipers at home. They're pretty cheap and they're quite accurate and consistent, much better than scales. They put me at 25% fat.

I also look at pictures online and compare. I usually think that I look bigger but when I show them to others, they disagree and I'm inclined to believe them. I think that I don't see right and part of it is body image issues, which I have plenty of. I've also noticed is that when I see someone fully clothed, I think that I'm much closer to her than I do if she's not. So, I guess, part of it is also that we look different because I've lost a lot of weight and they usually haven't. But if I see someone who has lost a lot of weight and is close to my bodyfat, I might even think they're bigger, especially if they still carry a lot of fat on their abdomen, which I don't.
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:26 AM   #197  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Marniadec - Oh no...what a nasty neighbor! Good luck getting that solved. I hope you don't end up having to press charges!

kisskiss - Yay, we can run in spirit together! I didn't go to a fancy running company to get my stride looked at (though we have a place that does it for free here, I just couldn't get there while they were open), but I did look up how to do it myself. There's websites where you can plug in your arch, how you run, etc. and it will suggest shoes for you. So that's what I did and they are working out great!

Had a nice weekend. Friend's surprise 30th party for her husband got canceled due to snow though She'll be having it this Saturday instead. It took us an hour and a half to drive 20 mile home after setting up for the party (before realizing she would need to cancel). That was NOT a fun drive. Then I had nothing at home to make for dinner because I was planning to be at a party and the only restaurant we found that was open was Texas Roadhouse. That's probably why I'm so bloated today. So much salt!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:21 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'9"

Hi everybody, haven't posted in this thread before but am a long time lurker! I'm really frustrated this week because I put on half a pound (I thought I should have at least lost 1lb) and this has put me back in the 180s, which I want to leave far behind! I know it's not a big deal, I just feel a bit crappy because the weight loss is going a lot slower than I would have hoped, and I'm losing motivation to exercise. Also, I'm living at home with my parents at the minute as I'm trying to find a job and it's really wearing me down (not my parents, they're great, but just the lack of jobs and opportunities);I've also applied for two PhD programmes and I found out earlier in the week that I didn't get one of them, and I should hear in the next two days about the other one, but feeling quite dispirited about it. I'm basically stuck in a rut and can't see my way out of it. You know when you just really need a win?! Anyway sorry for the big moany post, just needed to have a bit of a rant and get it off my chest.

Congrats to everybody who has lost weight in this challenge! Keep it up! It will all be worth it when bikini season rolls around.
Buckkeepblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:54 PM   #199  
Maria

noname I keep seeing about all the snow you guys have there in the news. It doesn't look fun. The weather has been extra crazy this year.

Buckkeepblue I'm in a similar situation and it's not fun at all, so I understand. What exactly are you doing to lose weight, if you don't mind? Could your weight gain be water?

The neighbor is now threatening to damage the entire building's plumbing. Another neighbor called my mom (God knows why she didn't call me) my mom tried to explain the situation but she didn't know what she was talking about and then she called the other guy and made it even worse. I'm going to have to go to Salonika and see his stupid face now and I'm really not looking forward to it.

Also, my laptop shut down randomly a while ago and if there's anything wrong with it, I'm going to scream.

I stupidly changed my goal for this month to 143 when I hit the first one and now I'm not going to lose two pounds in three days but I want to get as close as possible, so I've been really good this week. I skipped the traditional first day of TOM binge and I didn't even go over my calories last night when we had waffles, mini-calzones and eggs and bacon for the Parks & Rec finale. I didn't ruin my diet for stupid reasons and I'm not happy about it. I can't wait until March first so I can make up for being good.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:18 AM   #200  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

My health has turned around, thank goodness. I do have a question. Has anyone been on the birth control Minastrin 24 Fe? If not, what birth control do you take?
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:44 PM   #201  
Maria

That's good to hear! Can't answer your question, though. I only use condoms.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:56 AM   #202  
Maria

How come this thread is so slow? Has anyone heard from Rie? Think she may have gotten sicker? I hope everything is ok...

I'll just chat with myself because things are going good, at last. I might hit goal tomorrow! My IBS has been acting up and it took forever for me to notice. I had "healthy" pizza for breakfast and lunch and the grease fixed the problem right up. Most of the bloating is already gone.

Also, the neighbor who called again and I got to talk to her this time. I explained everything, she agreed with me and she arranged for a plumber to go to my house. He confirmed that everything is fine, I'm not causing the problem and he didn't even charge me, which was nice. I keep trying to locate the as*hole so I can gloat but, sadly, he already knows, so he won't answer the phone.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:51 AM   #203  
Goal is health

Hey Marniadec, this does seem like a ghost town. It sometimes happens this time of year. There are those who make the new years resolution and lose pace at this time. I'm losing pace. I have lost hardly anything the past two weeks Which makes me even more nervous about starting birth control, not this Sunday but next.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:21 AM   #204  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Week 5 Charts everyone! Sorry for missing a few weeks, I'll be much better from now

Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 07:24 AM   #205  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

This is week 2 of feeling sorry for myself since I've been run down with a cold/cough the entire time. It's not bad enough to go to the doctor, but it's making me feel really drained and just in the mood to do nothing. I had a fantastic weekend away last week, but I wasn't in the best shape to be going out braving the wind/rain to get to different places. So on Monday I woke up with a painful sore throat that's developed into a nasty cough. Today my head is feeling painful and I need to rest and take care of myself. Been working from Tuesday - Friday after arriving back from my trip Monday 11pm. Felt like it's been a bit non stop. I'm going down to 3 days a week from next week though, so will give me more time to be "me" and get things done that mean a lot to me such as my creativity. It's nice earning money and having a job but I do miss feeling free to do my own thing. I think going to part time will provide me the best of both worlds.

I've not weighed myself since my cold started, mainly because I know it's not really the best time to be nit picky about my weight, so I've no idea where I am. No doubt back into the 160's after FINALLY getting into the 150's again, but that's just lucky me! 10K is in THREE weeks though, I'm so not ready, but will do it and have fun with it rather than take it super seriously. My head is really painful so I'll keep it brief. Hang in there guys we're more than half way through!!

Last edited by Riestrella; 02-28-2015 at 07:26 AM.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:58 PM   #206  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

nonameslob:
I had no idea that websites like that existed for runners! Going to totally do that soon, thanks for the info sorry about the weather issues, I've been hearing all about that on FB. They don't have Texas Roadhouse in California, but I've eaten there once out of state and man I really liked it! Glad they don't have those out here. Just like Zaxbys and Waffle houses, lol--it would really test my willpower!

DrivenByAmbition:
Glad you're doing better. I've been on Zovia birth control before. Because of my thryoid issues, it didn't regulate me at all (I am more regular and can predict my period more accurately when I'm using condoms instead of the pill). But, it did shorten and lighten my period...

Marniadec:
Congrats on being so close to goal! so glad that you everything worked out with your piping issues. Your neighbor probably has his tail between his legs, hopefully this ends all the stress he was causing you!

Riestrella:
sorry you've had a bad week Give yourself a few days to get better! and, if you're up a few pounds, just remember you were sick.
__________________________________________________ ___

Guess what gals? I'm at 138 (even saw 137 two days ago!). So close to be getting back to 135
Also, I'm sort of stressing because my fiance and I got tickets to get married on a game show in 5 weeks! I'm really excited to be marrying him, but now I have so much to do and so little time...
what are everyone's plans for this weekend? I was supposed to go hiking today but the weather is kind of yucky, clouds are forming and it looks like it may rain. I just got the Jillian Michaels 6 weeks to 6 pack dvd, so I may give that a go instead

Last edited by kisskiss; 02-28-2015 at 01:58 PM.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 12:35 AM   #207  
Maria

DrivenByAmbition Yeah, that's probably true. It's happened to me before and I'm a bit scared it might happen again. I'd like to finish the challenge strong but I can't diet indefinitely, I need breaks between. Have you been stressed about your health issue in these weeks? I do stress eat sometimes, that's why I'm asking, if that's ok.

Hi, Rie! I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I've had a cold and a bit of puss in my right tonsil since I recovered from my flu. Not fun. British weather probably doesn't help, either. At least here, we get the odd days of sunshine, like yesterday. Just rest until you're better, weight loss can wait and so can running, tbh.

kisskiss Congratulations!!! It's only five weeks and they'll come and go in a blur, make sure you really enjoy all of it. Congrats on the weight loss, too. You'll look gorgeous on your wedding day!

So, I've exceeded my goal for the challenge and the month! What do I do now, do I change my goal in the spreadsheet?

I really didn't think that I'd make it but I've been trying different things to help the IBS and I guess they helped the bloating. I'm going into maintenance for a couple of days and then I'll head to the 130's!

Also, I just got the stupidest injury: I let the little devil play with my toes and she got me good as I tried to pull them away so she wouldn't scratch me. I put bandaids on them and they were too tight, so my toes are now red and swollen and I walk with a limp when I wear shoes. I don't think it'll last long, though.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:21 AM   #208  
Goal is health

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marniadec View Post
DrivenByAmbition Yeah, that's probably true. It's happened to me before and I'm a bit scared it might happen again. I'd like to finish the challenge strong but I can't diet indefinitely, I need breaks between. Have you been stressed about your health issue in these weeks? I do stress eat sometimes, that's why I'm asking, if that's ok.
I have in the past, but I think I'm just eating so sporadic and some days I am way low in calories, and others way high. My body is just holding on to 175. I have been very stressed out. I had to wait three weeks after being told something was felt on my right ovary. Since then, it has been an emotional roller coaster.

Then I go to the pharmacy today to pick up my pills and I'm prescribed something else for another issue I've been having, but I haven't received the test results? So it's like another waiting game. That office is killing me.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:59 AM   #209  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

I weighed in this morning because I was feeling a bit better so I figured, why not? I'm 161 lbs on the dot, but I'm also on my period too (great timing, eh?) so I'm not letting it get to me. To be honest, I was thinking it might be 163 lbs so I'm kinda happy it's just a 2 lb gain.

I've had a relaxing weekend just resting, but still experiencing head aches despite drinking loads of water. Tomorrow I'm back to work but I'm going to make sure I get into a good routine from here on out now I'm back to part time. Will probably exercise Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday/(+)Sunday.

I'm going to enter the Bolder Boulder 10K for the end of May. The Cartmel 10K I'm doing in 3 weeks won't be my serious 10K attempt of the year so I want to do well in the Bolder Boulder. Apparently it's a super fun race, my boyfriend was saying when he did it as a kid he ran by a house where a guy was playing the James Bond theme on his guitar in his front garden! It gets loads of supporters every year, it seems like a big deal. I think it might be a race I don't have my music just so I can hear the craziness! But I know the change in altitude might affect my performance, unfortunately, but still going to give it all I've got .

Getting a little bit antsy about my visa interview, just want to get it over and done with! I know it's not going to be super hard, just a lot of waiting around, but knowing that I'm so close to finally having the visa is agonising! I just want this wait to be over! It's been almost 6 months since I started this process.

--------------------------------------

kisskiss - Oh my goodness, you're SO close to your goal! I saw you updated your blog template, looks so fancy! Oh wow, you're going to get married on TV?? What show is it? That's nuts!

marnia - Thanks, you're right, it is just about getting better . Wow, huge congrats on reaching your challenge goal already!! Amazing! You can change your goal weight in the spreadsheet if you want to give yourself more of a challenge. Ouch, sounds like a nasty little injury you have.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:24 AM   #210  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Well, I think things are finally starting to look up. Saw my first new low weight in a long time on Saturday. I'm only down 1.8 pounds for this challenge but at least things are moving again! I just started Week 4 of Couch to 5K and MAN was that workout killer! I'm doing the second day today, hoping it will be a little easier. It feels good to walk away from a workout totally drenched in sweat, though.

This weekend was fun, though the ice storm ruined our plans to have dinner with my parents last night. Saturday was the re-scheduled 30th birthday party, and we stayed up until 2AM playing games. Yesterday ended up just being a really lazy day because of the weather. This coming weekend we are going camping for our anniversary, and will hopefully get to do a bunch of snow hiking

Went to Goodwill on Saturday and picked up a bunch of new things. I love being a Size 12 now...the selection at thrift stores is soooo much better than when I was plus size! I bought a pair of Size 10 Levi's as short-term goal pants. I like to keep something in the closet to try on once a week until they fit.

Ries - How long will you be in Boulder before the 10K? I didn't find the altitude to really have that much of an affect on my physical abilities when we were there, and I imagine if you have a couple weeks before the race to adjust you'll do great Hope you're feeling better!

kisskiss - Whoa, married on a game show? That is amazing and crazy all at once! And so soon! Do you have a dress? What kind of game show?

Marniadec Congrats on meeting your goal!!! I'm also glad to hear that you seem to have solved things with the neighbor.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote