Old 01-22-2015, 10:01 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 154/149/130

Height: 5'4"

Man, scales suck. Can anybody recommend a good one under $40 (CDN)? I have one that is digital that was originally good, but maybe it's been thrown around a bit or something. It's really hard to get it to lay flat, and depending on where I put it in my room, I get different measurements. Today they were 179.8, 177.2, 176.8, 175.4. So I'm going to call this a fail and just go to the gym and measure
spiritualflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:27 PM   #92  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Great to see the thread so active! 7 pages and it's only week 1!

So things settled down with my friend. She came back an hour after her last message saying similar things like "you shouldn't talk to your friends like that", so I just swallowed my pride and said sorry if it came across nastily but I was just trying to say I'm comfortable with what I've got planned. She admitted she probably read it in a negative tone, so I took that as her saying sorry and tried to move on. I'm still a bit annoyed that she snapped at me so dramatically considering she knows how much sh!t my parents give me on the topic.

Yesterday I got 2 vaccinations done for my visa process, I barely felt them and I haven't had any side effects so far so I'm happy with that. I have my visa medical booked in London on the 28th, huzzah. Things are moving forward! I've been looking into flights already to get an idea of how much it'll cost.
My social calendar is starting to fill up again so I'm really happy about that. I've not seen anyone for almost 2 weeks! Everyone is scattered around the country so it's hard to see people.

I'm 161 lbs today! So happy, I managed to reach 160 lbs just before my boyfriends visit, so I'll be happy to see 160 again soon and then FINALLY get into the 150's, which I haven't seen since 2013! Dayum, time has flown by.

--------------------

noname - *hug* sorry for your loss, was it a close relative?

DoomKitty - No, she's just one of those people who if she hears something that hurts her she turns into a very arsy person! She will lash out and not remain calm. I'm moving from England to Colorado, then hopefully on to New York. We're considering some other places, but we need to factor in cost of living, job opportunities and for us public transport since we won't have a car. I know how you feel, I'm dying to be in the 150's!

Dott - Good luck with all your performances! Hope to see you around soon .

kisskiss - Very good advice and I completely agree with you. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one who has to deal with close friends being awkward! God, that sounds so annoying! I would love to have the guts to tell annoying people how annoying they are. I love your new hair cut, it really suits you! You have one of those faces that would suit any hair cut though .

claygirl - Are the every day meetings a temporary thing? That's ridiculous! I can imagine why he's stressed, probably mainly to do with exhaustion too!

skittles - Nah, looking over the comments she was just pissed that I said I didn't want advice.

Atarimae - Welcome back! It's great to have a motivator, do you have your jeans hanging out in sight so you can see them? That might be an extra boost! I think she has an idea of how awkward she can be, but in the moment that won't make her stop if that makes sense!

Last edited by Riestrella; 01-22-2015 at 01:30 PM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:39 PM   #93  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

Skittles: department stores should have their resort lines out now, so you should be able to get one fairly easily. Plus, I was in target the other day and they had some out.
izzyboomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:59 PM   #94  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

After my initial 'weekly' weigh in, I saw a slight increase then, as of this morning, I'm back to where I started the week off. Phew! Though I guess the numbers shouldn't concern me as much as thank GOODNESS it's back to the normal eating habits as opposed to the holiday ones. Lol! But I spent a whole half an hour rummaging the fridge trying to decide what the flip I wanted to eat.

Also, I just got my hands on a hydroflask! Woohoo yay, holidays! It's a 16 oz one though, so I have to refill it. BUUUT I've been having fun also making infused water. Does anyone else here do this? Are there any flavor combos that you enjoy? I'm loving the cucumber/lemon/raspberry, along with some cayenne and cinnamon (not altogether, but just a random mixture of any of those)...just because these are all low sugar options.

But lunch calls! Sorry no personals, but hope everyone's doing well today!
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:43 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 154/149/130

Height: 5'4"

Riestrella: Congrats! You are so close to your goal!! And that's good you figured things out with your friend and are moving closer to leaving the country!

So after the weigh-in fail with my scale at home, I went to the gym for some Zumba and weighed myself after. 175.5 OMG! I have lost 3 lbs this week, but I'm sure it's going to all go back on because my period starts Monday But it's certainly motivating me, I've had a shitty week or 2.

Also I made breakfast! Little things for me Just 2 eggs, spinach, paprika on a whole wheat English muffin with a bit of Honey Dijon Mustard and Ketchup I skipped school so I had the time, but it actually cooks pretty fast, so I think I might do this more often (on days when I don't sleep through my alarm :P)

Hope everybody's week is going well!
spiritualflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:49 PM   #96  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Doctor was pleased with my weightloss. I've lost twelve pounds since my last visit in November.

Claygirl, I do not know how your husband does it.

Rie, you will be in the 150s in no time.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 08:01 AM   #97  
Counting bites!

I'm inching my way closer to 20 pounds gone. 263.8 this morning. I did my workout vid this morning and I'm going to the gym this evening.
I was looking at pics of myself from my wedding and I wish I could remember what I weighed. I think I was in the 250s, so I'm be getting close to my wedding weight. I was 230-something when I met DH. I kind of wonder what he will think when I start to get significantly smaller than when we first met. Maybe it'll motivate him some. Is there an emoticon for wishful thinking? Ha!
Old 01-23-2015, 08:11 AM   #98  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

One more day of work... I should get home by 5 and then I can relax a couple days! Apparently the division is not doing very well right now (therefore all the meetings). My husband was gone for a week because of his days off and then he was running someone else's store the rest of the week, so his store suffered at the hands of the relief manager. Now, he has to pay for it when it's not his fault. It just sucks, and it's frustrating, because every time he is not there a relief manager comes, doesn't care and does a bad job, and then my husband spends a month getting the store back in shape. We are both just tired, and stressed. Hopefully things will get better soon.

Weightloss wise, I'm still on my TOM, and weighed in at 188 this morning. I'm having trouble staying in my calorie goal this TOM, but I've been doing the best I can. I just can't wait until TOM and this day is over so I can try to relax a little bit!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 08:50 AM   #99  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Thanks everyone. It was my grandfather. I appreciate the kind words.

Less than a two pound gain through it all...I'm content with that. I really have been trying to not rely on food and alcohol to make me feel better. I honestly don't care about the gain, I just know that overeating and drinking too much just makes me feel like **** at the end of the day even if it alleviates emotions momentarily. I'd call that a win in itself.

spiritualflow - Awesome job on your loss this week! For the scale, honestly, I just went to Amazon and bought the top-rated scale in my price range. It definitely sounds like yours is due for replacing if it won't lay flat.

Ries - What an exciting time! I must have missed your post about your plans to move...When and where in Colorado? Remember how I said I'm moving to Denver this summer? Maybe we will cross paths before you go to New York! What vaccinations did you have to get? I bet you're excited to be so close to the 150s.

Atarimae - you are going to love your Hydroflask. I keep one in the car full of water so I always have some on hand, and it's great in the summer so it doesn't got hot and in the winter it doesn't (usually) freeze. The infused water sounds good.

Claygirl - I hope TOM is as kind to you as it can be...it's only a few days, you can do it!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:34 AM   #100  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Hey everyone!

After a crappy couple of days of feeling bummed out and a bit lonely (my Mum was pissing me off big time so felt cornered), I'm starting to feel more positive about things. It helps to put things into perspective I think, I've got an awesome boyfriend/future husband who supports me no matter what and I can't wait to start our life together! I'm also super pumped to run that half marathon this year and start feeling fit again. I would enter myself into a 10K race while I'm in England but I've no idea when I'm leaving.

I need to make a habit of drinking water all day, I've gotten out of it for no reason. Today I was doing the Friday big tidy - I clean the kitchen, polish all the surfaces, clean 2 bathrooms and hoover the whole house. I also take time to make sure my room is neat and tidy and change the sheets when they need to. So when I was working on my room I felt so drained and I realised I hadn't drank any water all day and it was about 2pm! Silly me.

I just got an email saying my police certificate from Japan has made it to England!! Thank the lord! It's on its way to me so hopefully I get it soon.

What are your plans this weekend? I might be going to a pot luck party on Sunday but I've yet to hear the details!

----------------

spiritualflow - Thanks! I love Zumba, I think when I get settled in my next home I'd like to join a Zumba class. Congrats on 3 lbs down, that's epic! Wow, that's such a fancy breakfast...I just make oatmeal!

Driven - Wow, great job on 12 lbs down! I remember when I first started my journey I wanted to get breast reduction surgery. My doctor told me I had to lose weight to qualify for it, so when I weighed in months later they were super impressed, it was a great feeling. I didn't opt for the surgery in the end, I was in a bit of denial about how heavy I was - I thought my boobs made me look fat but it was actually all of me that was fat!

noname - I'm going to be living with my boyfriends parents for 3 months in Boulder since it takes that long for me to get a work permit. We figured instead of eating into savings and relying on just him for income we'd wait until we were both ready to work and contribute. I'll be there hopefully if all goes well in April, so we will be leaving July/August time. You never know, we might stay a bit longer if we can't figure out where to go! What month are you moving to Denver? It'd be great to meet!
I had to get a flu jab since it's flu season, a Tetanus booster and an MMR booster. Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about seeing the 150's soon, I think it'll make me feeling like I'm truly heading towards my overall goal again instead of just trying to get out of my regain weight goal if that makes sense!

Last edited by Riestrella; 01-23-2015 at 11:45 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:52 PM   #101  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

130 today and im gonna start light exercise next week
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:26 PM   #102  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

spiritualflow:
Good job on the 3 pounds! I always tend to gain a couple pounds right before TOM and then towards the end of TOM it comes off.

izzyboomama:
It may very well motivate him. My fiance is starting to lose weight, and he says a big part of it is because he sees how great I'm doing and feels like he wants to be a part of my lifestyle. What workout vid did you use? I'm always looking for suggestions to switch it up.

Riestrella:
Thanks The bangs are growing on me, somedays I think they look good, other days, not so much. So glad the certificate is no longer in Japan and one step closet to being in your hands! Glad to hear you're happy and motivated despite any stresses in your life

Atarimae:
I totally just spent a half hour on the hydroflask website. I want one! I don't usually flavor my drinks but the boy likes cucumber ands strawberry mixes .

It's 75 degrees in LA today, so I feel like I have to go out and enjoy the weather. I am planning on going to Griffith Observatory. My nephew has been bugging me to take him "hiking", and I think the observatory is the easiest exercise for him (he's 4). I'll probably have to carry him halfway up, but I know he'll enjoy the actual observatory.
Hope everyone has a great weekend! I have no plans, but I am thinking of just getting all my errands done (ie, I need to wash my car, get an oil change, mail some things). Also, I really want to go to the theater but I don't want to spend $11 on a movie that isn't any good. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Last edited by kisskiss; 01-23-2015 at 03:30 PM.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 08:35 PM   #103  
Counting bites!

kisskiss: I've been doing Tracy Anderson Method for Beginners. Apparently it's a great into to her other workouts. It's only 30 minutes, but it's not too boring yet, she's just a bit long winded after the first couple times you've gone through.

----------------------------

I went for my massage therapy school tour today and I really enjoyed it! The school is a little over an hour away, but the program is just under a year long. It's also only 2 days a week which makes daycare very doable for us! Yay!
I told DH about the program cost and showed him their loan repayment scheme. He laughed at the interest rates and said: "we can put your tuition on the Amazon card, get a lower rate AND earn points to buy your books!"
He seems to be fairly on board, I just need to call a few day cares for their rates and hours.
So excited!
Old 01-24-2015, 02:06 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/175

Height: 5 ft 8 inches

Riestrella, I see you have this on the 20-somethings board and I am wondering if you'd mind terribly if I, a 30-something, joined? I did several of your challenges a couple years back and loved them! I'm now back on the weight loss track after giving birth to my second child (and basically starting from scratch, sigh) and searched to see if you had a challenge on the go. Do you ladies have room for a non-20s lady to join up?
Astrix83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:15 AM   #105  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

I feel like I've hit a wall, ladies. 179.2 has been on my scale for almost a week. Exactly a week tomorrow. I pray that this stall is almost over. This is what happened right before my wedding. I got to 178.8 and never got under it.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote