Old 01-24-2015, 06:59 PM   #106  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!

So I had a minor panic attack today, I got my police certificate from Japan (yay!) but in my stupidity to rush and open it to see if everything was in order/I didn't need to translate the document I completely misread the note that says "don't open the envelope or it becomes invalid." I felt the colour leave my face and I frantically started scouring the internet for any accounts of people being turned away because of it. Thankfully I go on a very useful US immigration forum and one person I highly respect on there told me that it should be fine. They went on to say that most police certificates they accept aren't in sealed envelopes, so it would be strange if they wanted the foreign one to be sealed. Another person said they got a police certificate from France and it's not all sealed up, so it could be something that the embassy of Japan do but not the UK. Either way, no one knows for sure if it will delay the process for me, so I'll go to the interview and see what happens. I'm sure I'll be sh!tting myself if they tell me there's a problem! The good news is that they won't turn me away on the day, they'll still interview me and say I'm approved or denied, I'd just have to submit the document before the visa is given to me. So, fingers crossed! I submitted the form to say that I have all my documents so hopefully soon I'll get a letter in the mail to say when my interview date is.

To clear my mind I went on a run today. It's my first run since November since the weather has been awful here in December (harsh winds and rain most of the time), but today was a cold but clear day. I've been doing T25 workouts to keep my fitness up, but my run was pretty slow. I was so stressed about the police certificate thing that I actually went out without my iPod! That's never happened to me...but I was sad and circled back and paused my run to go fetch my iPod and finish it off with some tunes! Glad I did though, because with Zombies, Run I get zombie chases every now and then to keep me speedy. I think my song of the moment is "Uptown Funk" by Mark Ronson. I know it's probably being murdered on radio but it makes me feel so sexy!

Tonight my Mum gave me a monster portion of home made vegetable curry tonight. I was quite proud of myself because I ate about half and then had to give up. I've had issues with mentally feeling I have to finish everything, I left quite a lot but I didn't let any guilt take over. My Mum has a bit of a warped view on what 1 portion is, whenever she cooks food she makes enough food for 4 people and dishes it out between the 3 of us! On Friday we got chippy in for dinner (fish and chips!) and I had a sausage and a couple of chips. I dislike chips from the chippy since they're so greasy and soggy. My mum and dad literally had a mountain of chips on their plate, it was so gross! One of those "woah..." moments where I don't know how someone can eat all that food. Anyway, my stomach did NOT like it, I ended up having awful stomach ache and (tmi ahead) ended up sitting on the toilet for ages later :S. I actually got waves of nausea, something just wasn't sitting well. In a way I'm glad though, because that meal was basically all fat, but my body hated it so much it made me want to eat healthier the following day.

Last day of week 1 tomorrow! Charts will be up on Monday

----

kisskiss - I think the thing with bangs is that they're always there, you either have them or you don't so it can be hard to get used to at first. I always went for sweeping bangs since I tend to have bad hair days often, so I could clip it out of the way when needed. Isn't the weather always nice in LA?! That's the impression I'm given! What sort of movies do you enjoy?

Astrix - Yess, of course! There's no age restriction, this just so happens to be the forum that I find to be the most active with challenges/chat!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 03:09 PM   #107  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Rie: glad you finally got that paperwork! It sounds like it will be fine that you opened it. Seems like everything is falling into place!

Things are ok here. TOM is finally over YAY! I worked out today for a half hour, I couldn't go a full 45 it was just way harder than it usually is. My husband is still stressed, but we are dealing with it. In other news, my older sister just turned 30. My mom did not call her on her birthday, and a week later sent her this passive aggressive letter:

"To my firstborn turning 30, (underlined)
Though I continue to be saddened at the choices I see you making, I will always love you. I pray daily that you will desire to live in truth so you may find genuine happiness- Mom
P.S. Sorry if this offends you, but I love you too much to lie to you- I hope someday you will understand- We don't lie to those we truly care for-"
On the other side it says, "Wake up, my (sister's name)! The time has come-"

Just for the record, my sister is a successful teacher, and is engaged to her best friend (who my mom doesn't like at all, and is really rude to him). Sometimes its just so frustrating to deal with her. She lives in this world completely outside of reality, and tells us all that we are the messed up ones, and are the ones "living a lie/in denial" etc. She will be sweet sometimes, and then she will lash out at us, be condescending/passive aggressive, tell us she hates us and never wants to see us again, etc. Then she wonders why we keep our distance and don't want to be close to her. We can't trust her! She just doesn't get it. So... question: is it normal to send a letter like that to your child??
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 04:46 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/175

Height: 5 ft 8 inches

Thanks! I added my name and weights from the week of Jan. 12 and 19 to the spreadsheet as my starting and week 1 weights. I just had a baby via c-section in September, so I gave myself 3 months to recover and as of January 1 I am back at the weight loss. I had gotten down to 225 in 2013 but went off-track and gained a bunch back during a time of emotional upheaval. Then got pregnant with my youngest, and well...here I am, back at the very beginning. My goal for the next 9 months will be to get back into my pre-baby work clothing before I go back to work this fall. I got rid of all my bigger clothing in 2013, and I really don't want to go buy more, so I have a very limited wardrobe right now! Extra motivation - clothing variety!

Claygirl - I wouldn't consider that normal. In your shoes, I'd be limiting contact and the amount of information I gave her (basing that off of the sudden mood swings from sweet to attack mode). Is your sister happy in her life? If yes, then she should toss the note and not dwell on it. It is after all her life to live, not your mother's.

Riestrella - I hope you don't have any problems with your paperwork! That's the kind of thing that would give me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.
Astrix83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:00 AM   #109  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

im going to start doing the weight machine ciruit in my gym.Im going to lift heavy and hopefully see the flab shrink away and the inches drop.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:36 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 153/?/138

Height: 5'7

Smile Excited and Hopeful!

Hi all!

Just joined the spreadsheet.

I'm a busy student and have packed on the lbs in the past few months. I have a few trips and events I am looking forward to this summer and I really want to be back at my fighting weight!

Thank you to the admin for setting this up. Lets do this thing!
allycatfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:06 AM   #111  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone, a little announcement, due to Google docs being all freaky and autosizing the rows I've had to cut the chart down to the top 15 people. Sorry about this, you can still view the chart via the tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet.

Week 1 Results!
Old 01-26-2015, 12:37 PM   #112  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Whoever decided weigh days should be Mondays = fired!
Oh, that was me? Okay then!

Hahaha, I got so paranoid last night, because the bf and I went to the gym...(we have free trial passes, but normally if we work out together, his place has a small fitness center too) and spent a good couple hours there. I guess it's just because a place of that size is so new to me! Anyway, he helped me do things I've never done before and we were out by a little after 7. It took me an HOUR to decide where to eat. Of course I'm on a relatively strict meal plan, so I'm like urghhh okay...and decide on burgers. (I had mine lettuce wrapped)...I go on a slight splurge and have a handful of garlic fries along with my lettuce wrapped burger and suddenly, I'm like, "Aw crap! Weigh day tomorrow!"

Fast forward to now...phew, eating dinner late didn't quite affect me on the scale I think. Or even if it did, I recorded a loss for the week. Curse my ocd tendencies for feeling forced to record weight on Mondays. Is anyone else like that? Where they MUST weigh in on a certain day and that weight MUST count?
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 04:53 PM   #113  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

177.7 today. Yippee.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:33 AM   #114  
MamaChub

S/C/G: 230/230/180

Height: 5'10

Yeah, I'm basically staying the same. SO frustrated, right now.
itsmemaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:41 AM   #115  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Ries, I'm kind of glad you can only post the top 15. Gives me something to work towards LOL

Atarimae, that's why my official weigh-ins are on Fridays! However, you had a loss, and that's fantastic!

Interested to see where I get by Friday. Hopefully I'll at least have gotten rid of some of my gain by then and then I can start moving onwards and downwards.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:48 PM   #116  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

noname ~ Ah that's so smart. Good on you! But then again, I commend you for being accountable throughout stressful WEEKS, because it also takes strong discipline to have Friday weigh-ins. LOL I personally think I chose Mondays forever ago either because 1) I'm just so darn excited to see progress (or lack of? Idk ~). /sarcasm or 2) It keeps me accountable on weekends. For whatever reason, it stuck with me and now I can't change it!

Ah, the bf & I decided on going an impromptu hike yesterday. Now this is coming from a lazy butt who told my bf that I'd never hike with him. And I was the one who initiated it! Yeeeah, he's just happy I'm starting to change my mind about exercising around him. Just glad he doesn't inadvertently joke around about my out-of-shapeness! Rather...he showers me in praises like I'm the most in-shape person...ever.

Anyway, have a nice Tuesday everyone!
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:25 PM   #117  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Claygirl1518: oooohh, yup I'd be upset if my mom sent me a letter like that. What does your sister do? I actually do know a parent who would do that--my best friend's mother. Some people just think they are right :/

Atarimae:
a loss is a loss so congrats! I actually weigh in most everyday, and I know some people are against that, but it's worked for me. How awesome that you have started to hike with your BF! My fiance has started working out with me, and I love it! I love hiking with him. Usually when I go alone, obviously I have no one to talk to unless i make small talk with others. But, when he comes along, we tend to laugh a lot more and it seems more fun.

itsmemaggi:

I'm in the same boat. I've been working out soooooo hard and eating right, but I'm at about the same weight as well. I'm hoping that means I'll see a nice little drop any day now.

nothing really to report, except I am still at the same weight. I actually went up a couple pounds then settled back down. I have a thyroid issue, and I'm thinking I'm starting to see the symptoms now. May have to make an appointment with my doctor
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 05:02 PM   #118  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

Heading to London tomorrow to have my medical. I'm a bit nervous about it, but I think I'll be ok, I'm pretty sure I have everything I need to make it a smooth process.

Today I went into town to run some errands, I got myself a Subway and I decided that I've gone off it completely. I go about twice a month, but today I was eating and I just thought to myself that I could make a much healthier lunch and know exactly where everything has come from. Have you ever had a sudden realisation like that?

I think what helped spur the revelation was that there was an elderly couple sat next to me, the woman had had some sort of throat surgery and she sounded like her voice box was all messed up. I know it's not her fault necessarily (unless she was a chain smoker), but I found it so gross! I know it's not weight related, but I want to ensure that I can stay fit and healthy for as long as I live and unless I succumb to some sort of medical condition I don't want to be all stiff because of old age laziness. It was a nice moment for me!

-------------

claygirl - Woah, that's such a rude note to send to your sister on her birthday =/. I think still keeping the distance is a good idea!

Astrix - Clothing can be a great motivator, I'm in a similar position, I don't have any bigger clothes and I can't afford a new wardrobe so I need to slim down and fit into what I managed to fit into a few years ago! We can do it.

noname - Glad you think it's motivating!! How is being back on plan making you feel?
Old 01-27-2015, 08:31 PM   #119  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Well, last few days have kind of sucked. I was out a whole day and a half due to a stress migraine. I still have a nasty headache but I was able to get through work today (which is also stressing me because I'm way behind and have so much left to do). I've been having trouble losing weight lately, still no whoosh from TOM. I'm weighing in around 186.4 today, even though I had a low of 185.4 weeks ago. Kind of frustrating.

My husband and I have been having a rough week too so far. I posted before about how he asked if I was willing to relocate for his work (he is promotable), and I was very tentative at first. I have thought about it a lot, and discussed it with him. At first we decided we would be willing to stay here or move to the Atlanta area, but since we are trying to have our first child right now, we've thought about it even more. I told him I feel like it would be better for us to move there than to stay here, so we can be closer to his family (who we both love and are great). I've just been thinking a lot about it, and for the next stage of our lives, it would be better for us to be there than to stay here. We have no family here, and most of our friends here have moved away in the past couple years. It just feels like everyone has moved on, and it's time for us to move on too. I told DH how I felt about it, and he became upset, saying that his boss told him he has a plan to get him promoted here. His boss kind of has a habit of telling him there are "plans" when they are very sketchy plans. He gets our hopes up, then we are both really disappointed when it doesn't come through. My DH said he thinks its too late to tell them we want to relocate to ATL, and he doesn't want me getting my hopes up when we may end up staying here. I said what if it's another six months and then they really have a plan in place and we still want to leave? Then it will really be too late! We need to tell them what we're thinking. He told me his bosses are actually in ATL right now and not responding to phone calls right now. He finally agreed to talk to them about it next week when they get back. He's just not really responding to me about it. I know it's stressful, I'm stressed about it too, but I'm thinking about our future and what would be best for us, and what we both want. I flat out asked him if he wanted to be here for the next 3-5 years, like his bosses "plan" and he said "no" immediately. He is having a hard time at work, and is still having meetings every day after work, so he is pretty exhausted and on edge. I understand he doesn't want to talk about it because it's more work talk, but it's important and I feel like we need to discuss it. It's just frustrating when he gets agitated with me for wanting to discuss it, it just makes me feel bad and like he is angry with me. We are both doing the best we can.

Hopefully things will get better with his store soon and we will be able to relax. Right now it just feels stressful to do anything. He is immediately stressed when he walks in. I'm trying not to be stressed, but I'm stressed about my work too, my family stuff I have going on, and our life here just feels like it's winding down, like it's time for us to move on. We both feel it, it's just a matter of figuring out how to move on. Sorry.... long drawn out personal post.

Last edited by Claygirl1518; 01-27-2015 at 08:35 PM. Reason: typo
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:35 AM   #120  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Atarimae - yay for hiking! Did you enjoy it? Do you have a nice place to hike near you? I am always jealous of people that have nice trails practically in their backyards. Where I live is so flat, and by the time we drive to any decent places after work, it would be dark

Ries - I hope your medical went well. I can totally understand your lightbulb moment. I hope you can hold onto that feeling, I'm sure it will help you to make more conscious food and exercise choices.

Claygirl - No need to apologize. I like reading personal posts on here, it reminds me that life is not just about weight loss (which we tend to discuss excessively on this board). I can imagine how frustrating that is and it sounds like your husband is just worried you won't get what you want as a family and doesn't want you to get your hopes up, but I hope things work out for you. I hope you can both get some time to destress a bit.

Well, yesterday I finally got back to the gym. I had high hopes of doing cardio and then strength but I was more exhausted than I expected to be after the cardio. It was good to be back though, that's for sure. Scale fluctuated up a good bit today, unfortunately, but I'm assume that had to do with working out for the first time in a while. Hopefully it will level out before my official weigh-in on Friday.

I tried to call my grandmom last night to see how she is doing since granddad passed but I got too emotional and hung up before she could answer. And then I felt selfish. I will try again tonight. I've been mostly ok, only have an occasion where I will cry, but I just still don't know how to deal with how I feel about having watched him die. My dad keeps saying how peaceful he was (he was in hospice care and on heavy pain meds) but it didn't feel peaceful to me. I hope I can eventually feel content about it.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote