Height: 5'5"

Week 6 Charts everyone!!

Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:11 AM   #212  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Hey guys!

This morning I weighed in at 160 lbs, I'm super happy the scale is heading back down after being sick. I've had to fight the urge to eat all the time, I got into a bad habit of just eating when I felt like crap since I wanted to fuel my body as it was fighting the illness. But now I'm MUCH better, so I had to stop myself from snacking on crackers last night! I had that moment where my mind was telling me "hey there, there's crackers downstairs, you like crackers, go have a cracker" but I had to say "Shut up, brain! You're too greedy! You don't NEED crackers!"

Today I start my 10K training for serious this time! It's waaay later than I wanted but I figured just pick myself up and start the right way. So I'm going to go on a run today while the weather looks relatively clear. Now I'm down to part time work I can fit in my workouts on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. I can't put it off any longer, I just have to do it! I've got the perfect opportunity to get into a great routine and I can't squander it. Self pep talk over!

I bought a couple of dresses the other day. One was predominantly for work but I know I can wear it any other time too. Here it is:

I also bought this dress, but because it was a bit more money + I REALLY like it I bought it in 1 size smaller. I'm a UK 14 now, but I know for sure when I was at my lightest weight I can fit into a UK 12 so that's what I bought it in. I tried it on and sure enough it's too small for now, but I have about an inch to lose to fit into it, so I'm happy! I saw what it will look like and it looks really good!

Tomorrow I'm going to London after work to stay the night with my friend, then Thursday morning I'll be going to my visa interview! Starting to get a little jittery. So I will probably be back on 3FC either Friday or Saturday, hopefully with good news!

---------------------

noname - Woohoo, glad things are looking up for you! I'll be in Boulder for about a month, so plenty of time. Boyfriend has advised me to not run for a week while I adjust but I'll still go on walks to start getting used to it.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:15 PM   #213  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Marniadec:
Thank you Congrats on reaching your goal for this challenge, that's awesome!

Rie: My fiance is a web designer so he changed the look of my blog. I really like it, but it's fancy because of him, no credit to me lol
Good luck on your visa interview! Do you know what kinds of questions they ask? I love both of those dresses, especially the second one! I'm a dress/skirt girl now (I just re-arranged my closet and I had 47 dresses and wayyyyy more skirts than that ).

nonameslob:
I'm glad things are getting better, nice job on getting that low weight, even 1.8 pounds is a loss!

Oh man, I love shopping at thrift stores! There is one a few blocks from my house that I just discovered and they have nice stuff (a lot of the times with Tags on), and good prices! I've become a bit of a shopaholic as I've lost weight. You're right, the selection is better. Same with mall clothes, it's nice to shop in straight sized stores, although a lot of places now carry a pretty decent plus size selection compared to a few years ago. I do the same thing, I have a dress I just bought that is a few inches too snug. It's a good way to know you are losing inches if not weight.
__________________________________________________ ________

So for those who asked I'm getting married on Price is Right. Drew Carey got himself ordained and he is performing a mass wedding. Everyone who brings their marriage license will be married. But, only people getting married will get to play the game, so our chances are good. We are bringing our moms as our witnesses.

I do have a dress, it's a long white dress with beaded cap sleeves and I added a beaded sash to it. I was thinking of wearing a flower crown instead of a veil, but I'm not sure I can pull off that look. I am sooooo excited but I'm also starting to get nervous! It's a very un-traditional way to get married, but my fiance and I both loved the idea and we figure we have our mom with us, so it's not completely the elopement we were considering. We are also having a backyard bbq the weekend after because so many family members have told us they want to celebrate even if they couldn't be at the wedding (price is right limits you to two guests). We are picking up our marriage certificate tomorrow and the fiance is getting fitted next week. There is an awesome fashion district downtown, and they carry a huge selection of tuxes, wedding dresses, centerpieces, veils, etc. It's the place to go if you live in LA, and the prices are cheaper (usually) than you'll find in stores or online. anyway sorry kind of went on about the wedding. Sorry!
I'm still at 138 but I'm okay with that. I'll get there

Last edited by kisskiss; 03-03-2015 at 04:18 PM.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:57 PM   #214  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

DrivenByAmbition Ι hope you've figured out what's going on by now. That feeling of knowing that a doctor is hiding something is awful.

Rie The Bolder Boulder sounds fun! I love your dresses. I keep seeing dresses and skirts that show off the waist and it's making me happy.

noname Congrats on the new low and size! We've been getting a constant sad excuse of a rainfall for the past few days and every time I get annoyed at it, I think of the weather you guys are having. I'm so glad spring is coming, even if it's dragging its feet.

kisskiss OMG, I love Drew Carrey! I often watch Whose line is it anyway on youtube. It is a great idea, not only will your parents be there and the rest of your friends and family can watch you get married, so A+. Do you normally watch the Price is Right together? I love the bbq idea, too! Don't apologize, you're getting married, of course you'll carry on about it!

Thanks guys! Following my reaching this month's and challenge's goal, I've gone on to spend yet another week of overeating. I took three days off like I'd planned and I've been coming home from the cemetery with too much food for the past four days. Grieving mothers always go all out, you see. I hope I can get back on plan tomorrow but you never know.
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 12:08 PM   #215  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Ries - How did the interview go? Hope you are rocking the 10K training!

kisskiss - Wow, so so so crazy and exciting! What a unique way to get married! Your dress sounds beautiful. I like the flower crown idea, sounds so bohemian and looking at your picture (on your super awesome new blog!!!) I think you could pull that off perfectly.

Not much news in the weight loss department. Back up a pound or so this week. 5K training is going a little more slowly right now, but I'm trying again tonight and hopefully things will have improved. I'm SO excited for Daylight Savings Time. It means more evenings spent outside! My bike is broken though, so that's out, but I'm hoping to start attempting to run outside. We have a nice park nearby for that. I am so ready to get outside.

We went camping this weekend for our anniversary! It snowed about 8 inches on Thursday so we had to dig our campsite out of the snow, which was actually a lot of fun. Unfortunately it meant we didn't do any hiking since we didn't have snow shoes, but just being outside in the cold burns a ton of calories, so even though I ate a LOT of food, I didn't gain much more than a normal weekend. It was 2 degrees (F) as the low Friday night, if that gives you any idea of how absolutely insane this camping trip was!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 12:46 PM   #216  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

So on Tuesday I was very good and set off on my first run in a long time. I went along the canal, which was very muddy. I'm a bit cautious when it comes to mud, I can't confidently run through it because I feel like I'll slip. When I got home, I stretched and then sat down. When I got up, my right knee was in agony. I was barely able to walk from Tuesday - Friday. It's be a nightmare really, because I really wanted to get going with my running but I've had to rest my knee. I suspect it's "runners knee", I have to ice it and do some hip strengthening exercises.

In other news, my visa has been approved! Interview went well, no questions I couldn't answer. It's a bit anti-climatic when you don't walk away with a visa, it gets sent to you with your passport about a week or 2 later!

-----------------

kisskiss - Woaaah, I don't even think I have 47 items of clothing period! They asked me questions like "what does his mum/dad/sister do?" "what did he do at Uni?" "who's his favourite film director?" (since he did Film!). Woaaah, that's insane you're getting married on TV!! Does that mean there'll be loads of couples facing each other at once and he'll just pronounce you all together? Or will you be done on your own? That's such an interesting way to go about getting married, one you'll never forget! I wonder if we can see it on youtube or something when it's aired! Share some pictures =D

Marnia - Thanks! What's even better is a discovered the butterfly dress has hidden pockets!! Just get right back on the horse when you can, no point putting things off for the next week, these things have to be done immediately if you think damage is being done. I'm the same way, I get to a goal then give myself a break and I end up gaining!

noname - Oh wow, a snow camp trip! Sounds...cold haha. I would be a big wimp!
Old 03-09-2015, 01:23 PM   #217  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
I'm going to enter the Bolder Boulder 10K for the end of May. The Cartmel 10K I'm doing in 3 weeks won't be my serious 10K attempt of the year so I want to do well in the Bolder Boulder. Apparently it's a super fun race, my boyfriend was saying when he did it as a kid he ran by a house where a guy was playing the James Bond theme on his guitar in his front garden! It gets loads of supporters every year, it seems like a big deal. I think it might be a race I don't have my music just so I can hear the craziness! But I know the change in altitude might affect my performance, unfortunately, but still going to give it all I've got .
That's awesome! I've always been too nervous of the crowds to do anything with Bolder Boulder, even go watch. Last year over 50,000 people registered for the race! I usually just do my best to stay on the east side of town so I don't run into problems with traffic and road blocks.
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:05 AM   #218  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 7 Charts everyone!

Old 03-10-2015, 10:15 AM   #219  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmos View Post
That's awesome! I've always been too nervous of the crowds to do anything with Bolder Boulder, even go watch. Last year over 50,000 people registered for the race! I usually just do my best to stay on the east side of town so I don't run into problems with traffic and road blocks.
Are you in Boulder? I'll be living there soon!
Old 03-12-2015, 12:30 AM   #220  
me

Marniadec:
The funny thing is, I don't watch Price is Right! But, my fiance is a huge fan, and I was looking on their website to get tickets since they film here in Hollywood and just stumbled on their wedding episode and was able to get tickets. I'm catching up on episodes now, since I have no idea how to play the games (Plinko, etc), and it's actually really fun to guess with my fiance. We're really excited!

nonameslob: Thank you, I am leaning towards the flower crown I think We figure our wedding will be unique and a story and we always have the excuses that we are only allowed Two witnesses (hence only our mom's are "invited").

I've also been slacking on my 5k training I tried running around my neighborhood (which isn't terrible, but it probably isn't best area), and I got followed by some creep on a bike. Glad I was carrying my taser flashlight, but still, not doing that again. Park running or treadmill running for me

Your camping anniversary sounds cold but awesome even if you couldn't go hiking! I went hiking for the first time last year when I was in Georgia, and I loved it.

Riestrella:Sorry you haven't been able to run cause of the knee but OMG congrats on the Visa approval! Yay!!!!

Haha yeah my closet is CRAZY. In my defense, I'm a big bargain shopper and thrift shopper, so a lot of my clothes were on sale or at a really good price. I could go a couple months without washing clothes and wear a different outfit every day (I also have a lot of everything --undies, socks, pants, workout clothes), but my fiance has such a small wardrobe that we do have to do laundry more often lol
Everyone gets married at the same time, I think. They haven't given us much detail, to be honest, except to tell us it's a mass wedding and we are supposed to dress as we would on our wedding day. They'll let us know which day it airs, so I'll make sure to update y'all
__________________________________________________ __________

I'm getting increasingly more excited and nervous as it gets closer...we have less than three weeks before the show now. His mom just confirmed she bought her plane tickets, so we are trying to get the house extra nice...ie today I painted the bathroom and tomorrow we are buying new curtains. Just little things. It's her first time in California, so we are excited to show her around, and she gets to meet my family.

Weight wise, I am on TOM, and I don't wanna see the scale right now buuuuuttttt NSV look at my arms! I'm always slightly self conscious about them, but they don't look as bad as I imagine.

Last edited by kisskiss; 02-08-2017 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:07 AM   #221  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
Are you in Boulder? I'll be living there soon!
Yep! I've lived in the area for about 5 years and Boulder proper for 2, before that I was up in Fort Collins getting my Masters degree. I'm glad your visa was approved and hope you will enjoy it here! I'm sure you miss your fiance but be glad you weren't here for the last two weeks of Feb, I think we got something like 50" of snow! But the last few days it has been lovely and warm, around 10-15 deg C. I'm glad it has warmed up because I'll be running around town this weekend and Tuesday performing Irish dance for St. Patrick's Day festivities!

kisskiss - Your arms look awesome, that's great!
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:57 AM   #222  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

I am so happy to be back here and see all the progress everyone has made! I fell off the face of the earth this challenge thanks to the huge amount of cookie baking going on for my brother's wedding. Now that that is FINALLY over, I'm ready to get back on track (even if it is mere days from the end of this awesome challenge).
I had been having difficulty losing the weight since the beginning of February thanks to my birth control, and after talking it over with DH, I finally quit taking my pill last night! Yay! Hopefully once it's out of my system, my weight loss can pick up again. Here's to starting over!
izzyboomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 05:28 PM   #223  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 8 Charts everyone!

Old 03-17-2015, 10:05 PM   #224  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

Hi guys, I'm still here. My mom decided to switch to a different internet provider and I've been internet-less since last Tuesday, which is not fun at all. A neighbor gave me his wifi password but I can rarely connect because the signal is too weak. I'll try to be back on Sunday, if not, if someone's kind enough, please weigh in for me? I'm at 141 right now.

Hope everyone's doing well! I can't believe we only have two weeks left in the challenge!
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 01:17 PM   #225  
me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marniadec View Post
Hi guys, I'm still here. My mom decided to switch to a different internet provider and I've been internet-less since last Tuesday, which is not fun at all. A neighbor gave me his wifi password but I can rarely connect because the signal is too weak. I'll try to be back on Sunday, if not, if someone's kind enough, please weigh in for me? I'm at 141 right now.

Hope everyone's doing well! I can't believe we only have two weeks left in the challenge!
I'd be going crazy with no internet! I don't even have cable tv, we watch everything online via hulu and netflix.

I saw 137 briefly before settling back at 138. Oh well.