3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

Not Really Losing ???

Old 01-06-2015, 11:34 AM   #1

S/C/G: 208/ticker/155

Height: 5'7''

Default Not Really Losing ???

So, I've done the whole diet and healthy eating thing before, but I feel like last time I was getting much better results. (Unfortunately, I've gained back everything I lost last time!)

Its been a month, and other than water weight (which I dropped literally the day after I started) I haven't lost a pound. I count calories, so I was between 1000 and 1200 calories almost every day (sometimes slightly over, sometimes slightly under) and I was doing a really good job not cheating :/

So I guess my question is... anyone know what I was doing wrong? I have heard that not eating ENOUGH can cause you to not lose but... that seems like bull to me (lol). Is your metabolism slowing/"starvation mode"/whatever ACTUALLY a thing? I guess I'm just frustrated because the last time I was this weight and started dieting, I dropped something like 10lbs that first month

One for every five lbs
superherothin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:42 AM   #2
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/179.8/149

Height: 5'5"

It's highly unlikely that you're not eating enough. You may be underestimating your calories. How do you measure? Do you weigh your food? What do you use to track? Are you doing any exercise? What kinds of food are you eating? Are you drinking enough water? etc. etc. etc....

Started Jan. 2013 | Mini Goal 1: Onederland - Reached 5/20/14| Mini Goal 2: 179 (no longer obese) | Mini Goal 3: 164 (15 pounds to goal) | Thank you, 5:2 and Intermittent Fasting!
nonameslob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:58 AM   #3

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

I would use an app for what you should eat for awhile.i wasn't losing and then I started tracking and now I'm pretty good at chosing helathy things.

Mini goal#1 get back to the weight i was before i gave up [x]
Mini goal#2 be 141 for my disney cruise [x]
Mini goal number 3 healthy bmi 132 [x]
reach goal of 120 for disney []

Last edited by skittlesfirehawk : 01-06-2015 at 11:59 AM.
skittlesfirehawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 01:27 PM   #4
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/265/130

Height: 5'5"

If you aren't losing despite counting calories, consider cleaning up what you're eating before tacking on more calories. Cut out white things; grain, sugar, etc. Add on an extra serving of veg at each meal, real veg, no corn, peas or beans.
If you totally clean up how you're eating and you still can't lose, consider bloodwork.
"Starvation mode" is and isn't a myth. Your body will hold onto weight, but only for a day or two. If it truly existed, anorexia wouldn't be a thing.
People lose on very low calorie diets, but they're typically under doctor supervision.
Like I said, clean up what you're eating, work on portion control and write down EVERYTHING. Then go from there.

Goals: [275 on 11/22/14][269 on 1/8/15][250][230][215][199][180][160][145][135][130]
izzyboomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.