Old 11-17-2014, 09:59 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 155/124.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Despite my lazy week, I lost a little over a pound this week, which would be great if I wasn't trying to maintain. I saw 129.8 on the scale yesterday, which I think is about the lowest I've ever been. I have vague memories of seeing 128 once upon a time in college, purely by accident. Not really sure how I feel about this since I normally try to stop and maintain at 130-135.
underanalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:46 PM   #92  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Hey all!

No Weigh November is wreaking havoc on my brain. All I can think is 'what if I am gaining?!' and I know that's silly.

I also just had TOM and have had a strict 'no sugar cheats' until Christmas self-challenge going on.

The thing is, I am basically sugar-free in my daily life except for some dark chocolate. The rest of my sweet stuff is a little honey or some fruit, but the thing is I have BED and have on occasion even struggled with eating spoonfuls of honey straight out of the jar, followed by dates, followed by fruit...basically 'healthy' sweet binges. I really have a problem with sweet stuff, and I have 'cheat days' where I eat whatever I want all day and for me this usually means some fast food but the biggest thing I overeat on those days is sugary sugar stuff. I might eat a meal from McDonald's but then the rest of the day is soda, candy, desserts...anything with sugar that I feel like eating that day and man can I eat a lot on those days.

So my self-challenge was to be 'cheat-free' until Christmas because I tend to have 'cheat days' every two weeks and I realize I wasn't really giving my body much time between those big binge days to even give myself a chance. I have been doing whatever it takes to stay away from overdoing it on the sugar and so far it's been successful so I am looking forward to continuing the challenge.

I think those frequent cheats were the cause of my plateau recently and I think, I just don't want to live my life recovering from big binge days. It means I haven't really gotten to the root of the problem with my BED, just cleared up some of the symptoms. I think after the 'no cheats til Christmas' thing I want to set up a new challenge in which I don't have cheat days but instead cheat meals once a month, and to save those meals for times I know I will really feel like I am missing out if I don't have them, like holidays or big life events.

Sorry for typing so much today but it's really just been a rough couple of months for me and a lot of it has been anxiety about my binges and my plateau. I'm 100lbs down but I don't want to stop now!
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 04:16 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 260/180/145

Height: 5'6"

thewalrus, I think that its awesome you are doing no weigh November! And the fact that you are 100 lbs down is inspiring! keep it up!

I just put in my weight from last week for this week. I just finished my TOM so Im still a bit bloated (BLECH). I may weigh in tomorrow or Wednesday though when I know the bloat is down. I hardly exercised while on my TOM this time. Usually I'm pretty good at that but I had probably the worst TOM that Id had in a long time. So I gave myself a few days off. Tonight though, Im doing Zumba. Time to get back at it!
hilariousness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:05 AM   #94  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

194.8 this morning! This is crazy! I'm not complaining, just really curious as to what if going on inside my body, because since quitting diet soda cold turkey, the weight has been falling off of me, every single day. I'm sure it will slow down soon (because these things never continue too long). I stopped at a QT to get gas on the way home yesterday (gas was only $2.54/gal , it was awesome) I went in to get a drink and was faced with the wall of sodas I love, didn't even look at them. I did look at the so called "healthy" drinks out of curiosity. The pineapple coconut water had 20g of sugar! and the diet sparkling sodas are filled with aspartame, and about 4 other kinds of fake sugars (so you think there's only one, but really there's about 5, 4 of which you don't recognize as sugar).

Last night I had some issues with my Mom. I'm going to visit this weekend, and need to see my mom and dad separately (divorced). I want to go see him on sunday (since he doesn't work and my grandma will be there that day too). And mom last night was saying, "why don't you see him after you fly in saturday at 2?" because I'd get there at 4 pm, get 4 or so hours to see him and not see grandma?! And then she said "well, why don't we meet for brunch after church, wait for Tori to get out of church at 12:30, and then she can drive you over there later?" All of her suggestions put me spending less than half a day with my dad, and I'll spend the rest of the 3.5 days with her. I just don't know how to talk to her when she is trying to bend me to her will, you know? Any advice on how to come to a compromise that doesn't leave me not getting to spend more than 4 hrs with my dad and grandma?
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:13 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 155/124.5/135

Height: 5'7"

So here's a topic ladies:

What are you wearing for the holidays?

Holiday work parties, church on Christmas Eve, New Year celebrations... lots of occasions coming up that may require something nice or something new. We talked about Halloween costumes on the last challenge... might as well talk holiday outfits now!
underanalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:52 PM   #96  
Always Dreaming

S/C/G: 160/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by underanalysis View Post

Holiday work parties, church on Christmas Eve, New Year celebrations... lots of occasions coming up that may require something nice or something new. We talked about Halloween costumes on the last challenge... might as well talk holiday outfits now!
I'm going to a Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert for the first time on 12/30, and am planning on going shopping after Christmas for a dress for it since my old one is too big. Other than that, I don't really have anything to dress up for!
DraconicDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 01:16 PM   #97  
Lifestyle Changes

For the holidays I will be in pajamas!!!

Of course, adorable sparkly festive pajamas.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:29 PM   #98  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

It's funny you ask, I just bought a Christmas jumper! Here's the link: http://www.boohoo.com/new-in/sophia-.../invt/azz21232

Will be back to reply to everyone soon
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:57 PM   #99  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

ok this crazy old lady joined. I am a zumba mamma .
lucindaarrowspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:37 AM   #100  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Ouch! I went in to the doctor's office today to get my blood drawn again (2 months later) to check on my vit D levels and my cholesterol. I'm really hoping my cholesterol panel improves (been eating better, and exercising more, and lost more weight, so logically it should!) and vit D is ok, by oh my goodness! That nurse stabbed my arm!! I've never had a nurse stick in a needle so far in my arm. It hurt the whole time it was in, I got stuck at 8:30, and it still hurts, moving my arm is painful. I've got a lump on my arm next to where I got stuck. Hopefully it gets better soon, but wow!

underanalysis don't have any cute outfit plans for xmas as of yet... I'll probably wear normal clothes that fit me better!

Last edited by Claygirl1518; 11-20-2014 at 10:39 AM. Reason: error
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:32 AM   #101  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

underanalysis - Good question, I have no idea! For Thanksgiving, probably nothing special. That side of the family doesn't dress up too much so I think just my standard jeans, boots and nice sweater. I'm trying to get my hands on a pretty, sparkly sweater for Christmas. We'll see For New Years, we walk around NYC so I just plan to wear something WARM! (Also need warm sweaters...that is one thing I am really lacking due to this weight loss).

Clayright - youch!!! That really stinks. I hope your bloodwork comes back with improvements

My weight is being really, really stubborn right now. Maybe I will up the exercise to see if that helps...
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:38 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

underanalysis-For thanksgiving I'm planning on wearing a tight burgundy velvet mini dress with tights and boots I'm hoping the tight dress will help me from over eating too much! lol For Christmas parties I might wear the dress again or might get a new dress and for christmas day I'm planning on wearing a red plaid skirt with a red crop sweater. For New Year's I'm still undecided on my plans so don't know what I'll wear....if I go out I'll probably get a new dress. I'd really like a sparkly dress.

noname-I'm really sorry about the scale being stubborn Do you have any idea what's up?

claygirl-that sucks about the shot!

Rie-That sweater is super cute

Scale is staying low. I've been extremely stressed and busy which means I don't have time to eat. It kind of sucks but at least I'm losing I'm crossing my fingers for a new low tomorrow. I'm really aiming to make my goal for the challenge.
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:41 PM   #103  
Lifestyle Changes

Hey all, I could NOT stay off the scale another week.

Yeah that's probably bad mentally, but happily it said that magical number of 189.

I was really hoping to see that number before December and so I am very glad it's here! My Christmas goal was 184 so it looks like, with a pound a week, I'd be right on track.

I am looking forward to getting farther and farther away from the big 200 and closer to 150ish and I officially am less that 40lbs away from that goal.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:10 PM   #104  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by underanalysis View Post

I'm not planning anything big. I might get a new sweater to wear for Christmas, but that's about it. I have a gorgeous dress that I purchased from Nordstrom to be worn during our wedding season this fall and at my DH's company Christmas party, but he may be switching jobs, so we may not be going.

This week marked the first time since September that I have not had something going on. The scale shows my lack of stress too. My MIL is making everything for Thanksgiving, so the only thing I have to worry about is getting to her place next week. It's been so incredibly nice to just relax.

Made it to Zumba on Tuesday and had a blast! Didn't get to go tonight, so I won't be going until next Tuesday, but once a week is better than nothing.
izzyboomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 05:45 AM   #105  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Hey everyone! How are you all doing?

I'm super annoyed at myself, I was supposed to have a nurse appointment to get my year supply of the pill and I missed the bus and had to cancel. They didn't have any appointments on Tuesday either, which is when I was already heading into town, so now I have to go in on Wednesday. So frustrating! I was just faffing around getting out the house since I kept forgetting things so I missed the bus. I hate that I can't drive sometimes, but then again it's just so expensive too!

Today I'm going into Manchester, to me the best city in the North West, to meet up with a friend. We're going to Nando's, which is a piri piri chicken place. I went there before and was unimpressed, but it's cheap and I just want a place where we can talk. I'm also heading into town to have an appointment to see if I can sign on to a course to get a computer qualification - make myself more employable!

In terms of weight loss I've been staying strong at 162 lbs, which I'm still surprisingly happy with. After seeing 165+ for almost a year it's a nice change so the feeling is still strong after 2 weeks! Yesterday I went on a run and it sucked, I was so slow. But what counts is I went out and did it. I'm still doing well with staying within my calorie range, which is probably why I'm still seeing 162 lbs.

Visa update: My application is at the embassy in London! So now I just have to gather documents, go for a medical in London (bah) and then tell them I'm ready and an interview will be scheduled. Everything is moving along nicely right now...fully expecting something to go horribly wrong!

-----------

noname - Haha, well, this is a competition after all so a little jealousy fueled weight loss is encouraged . I know I always get so envious of those who drop loads of weight! I am usually in the bottom 3 in these challenges despite me running them, so it makes a nice change! Do you drink often? Maybe you should see a Doctor if you keep getting lightheaded. Sorry you're experiencing a stall, how much are you eating in a day?

walrus - Personally I don't agree with cheat days. I'm all for a cheat meal, but a DAY is a bit excessive. I knew someone who would live for her cheat day and it wasn't that good for her mentally since I think she saw the rest of her eating days as a negative thing and the cheat day was the positive.

clay - Hmm, that's tricky, but personally I'm not one to be guilted in to anything since I don't like people telling me what to do! I would just do what I want and say it's because you're spending more time with her than you would be with your Dad. You're an adult, you can make your own decisions and she'll just have to accept that. If you let her get her way too, she's only continue to manipulate you to do what she wants.

Dott - Sorry you're so stressed right now, what's going on?
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote