Old 11-14-2014, 08:17 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 155/124.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Yesterday I started working on a genealogy project that really sucked me in and missed my workout, and then a couple hours later TOM started, so I won't get my workout in today either Feeling really drained right now from TOM and bad for missing my lifting day. Just gotta ride it out and get back to it when I feel better.
underanalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Ahh! Saw a new low today My current plan seems to really be working! I'm FINALLY less than 10lbs from goal.
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 02:38 PM   #78  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Well, I managed to make it through my work day without having any diet soda as a pick me up! sounds silly, but it's a big deal for me, so yay!

I'm also hoping to join all of you with your losses soon, I'm getting so tired of the same weight and working so hard.

Dottington Sounds like you're doing great! What are you doing that seems to be working for you? (I feel like an evil tip stealer!).

underanalysis sounds like you just need to relax until the hormone cloud goes away. I get that. I try to work out through TOM, but somedays are just really rough!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 03:12 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

claygirl-great job staying away from the diet soda! I love it too, but I've cut back to maybe 1-2 a week and I'm much less bloated when I don't drink it.
Haha we're here to share tips I've been averaging 1500 on weekdays(some days are 1300, some 1550, etc all comes out to around 1500) and on weekends I'm trying to just stay under 2000(which I know is sad but for me that's a big deal since I have a very food-pusher type fiance ) I've been staying away from desserts, measuring very carefully(erring on the side of overestimating). For exercise I'm lifting HEAVY 2x a week using free weights for about an hour. On the weekends I do a lot of walking or hiking. Also I've upped my protein and lowered my fat intake which seems to have helped with fullness. But I think the main thing that's working with this plan is that I'm trying very hard to be consistent. No "cheat days"!
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:06 AM   #80  

Well, I'm two days without diet soda and weighed in this morning, 196.2! finally cracked 197 after almost 2 months, so that's good! Hopefully that trend will continue. I definitely still miss the soda, but I'm doing pretty well, satiating myself with club soda instead. I haven't kicked Mio for my water, but I'm going to look into the natural ones sweetened with stevia istead. I've read differing research on whether stevia is bad or not... I'll keep it for now and if I have issues I'll cut it back too.

I'm just hoping that my hard work continues to pay off!
Old 11-15-2014, 11:25 AM   #81  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone! So I'm still super stoked about my 2 lb drop this week and reaching 162 lbs. I've actually been feeling really drained this week, so I haven't been exercising as much, but I'm just trying to be careful not to push myself too hard. Basically I've felt kind of nauseous at times, weak, light headed etc. I think tomorrow I will get back on track with exercise however, since I can't be stationary for too long or my weight will go up. I think I've actually been under on my calories for the last couple of days, mainly because I've been picking at my dinners. The reason being is a) too big of a portion so I might have overcompensated and b) I don't like what's been cooked.

Today my Mum and I sat down and did the December menus together. A lot of the healthy meals I suggested she basically said no to, because she knows that Dad won't like them. It's difficult because I'm outnumbered 2 to 1, however I am cooking quite a lot throughout December, so I'm going to make sure that I make some substitutions to the recipes that I picked out and try and get it as healthy as possible. But the main thing is, is I'm going to make it for THREE people. My Mum has this bad habit of not adjusting a recipe size so we end up splitting food for 4 people between the 3 of us.

In the rest of my life I've sent out an invitation to my friends about spending NYE at my place. I like to get these things arranged early since I know people start to think about their plans late November. I always get a little nervous since I worry everyone is going to say no! But it won't bother me this year since my boyfriend will be here, we're saving money staying at home since we're going on a trip to London in January.
I've yet to hear back from the NVC for my visa case number. It's been 30 days since our last notification so I followed the instructions and emailed them. Fingers crossed I actually get a response and get my case number so I can begin to track it online.

---------------------

clay - Well done on 2 days without diet soda! That's amazing!! I know how difficult it is to give up a vice, especially since it becomes apart of routine and it feels strange to not have it in your life.
I know there's no overall study on why diet soda is so bad, but ultimately, it's not natural so it's best to avoid. I'm very much in the all-natural ingredients camp for everything. Do you use Mio with all your water intake? I only quickly googled it but if it's one of those sport things then those can have quite a bit of sodium in them too. I'm pretty sure they're designed for use only after a workout. If you've been drinking it throughout the day then that might explain your weight stall too.
Great that your weight loss is dropping, I bet it's a great motivation to keep on going now you're seeing a shift.

under - How come you couldn't work out because of TOM? I think it's best to not let TOM get in the way of your routine and treat it like a normal week.

Dott - Holy moly, congrats on your drop! That's amazing. You routine, to me, seems pretty darn perfect. That's pretty much the ideal schedule to have. Awesome work!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:32 AM   #82  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone Ive been out of work for a month now.no gym either.i really need to eat healthy if I'm going to make goal.i have a fractured vertabre in my back and I can't seem to get an appointment with any doc because no one wants to return phone calls.

Last edited by skittlesfirehawk; 11-16-2014 at 08:33 AM.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 09:03 AM   #83  

Well, weighed in again this morning and saw 195.6! I haven't seen that number in over a year. My goal for the end of the year is 189... hopefully I can get there, definitely a lofty goal though. I just wonder how the diet soda was affecting me, since I have lost 2.5 lbs in 3 days since quitting it (or maybe its just that I don't have as much sodium in my system? who knows). Anyway, I'll take it! It definitely makes it easier to stick with it.

skittlesfirehawk Oh, I'm so sorry about your back! I know how that is, I had an L1 L2 fracture in my back and it was the most pain I've ever experienced in my life. I would just harass those doctor's offices until they pick up, If you've given them at least a day to call back.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:23 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

Well I'm back after a couple days. My husband came home after almost a month so we holed up electronics free for a little bit to have some much needed family time.
He worked out a lot while he was gone so I'm excited at his enthusiasm about eating healthy and working out together. It's always easier for me when he's on board too.
Everyone have a good plan for the week to stay on track? I'm working on food prep today to make things easier
angiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:50 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 155/124.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Riestrella I usually have to take a couple days off for TOM. Mine is really short now - usually only lasts 2 days - but it makes me exhausted and I get cramps that regular pain meds won't touch. It doesn't really hurt anything for me to take those 2 days off from exercise rather than dragging myself through something I don't feel up to.

I wouldn't use it as an excuse to lay on the couch and eat pizza all week, but a day or two of running errands in the evening instead and eating slightly less than I would if I were working out doesn't set me back
underanalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:14 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

I'm so thrilled. Hubby and I just bought new exercise equipment. He got a bike and I got an elliptical. I'm so excited for this to be the extra ump I've been waiting for!
angiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:05 AM   #87  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 2 Charts!

20-Somethings Chart:

Overall Chart:
Old 11-17-2014, 06:15 AM   #88  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone! How was your weekend?

I had a pretty relaxing weekend, on Sunday my Dad treated me to a film at the cinema. I felt kinda stupid though since I used to work there and when I saw my old manager later on she said she would have let me in for free. Oh welly, there's always next time! We saw The Imitation Game. It was a really good film, I would recommend it.

I weighed this morning after not stepping on the scale for a long time...still 162 lbs!! I was so freaking happy with that, especially since I had a bad eating day yesterday. I had a few handfuls of my Dad's popcorn, some of his Pepsi and chocolate. When I came home I had no idea my Mum was making a huge roast dinner so I had that on top. Surprisingly though when I entered my calories I appeared to be on track and didn't go over...

A bit of a NSV for me recently, my Mum bought a 1.5l bottle of Coke last Friday for me. I had one glass that night and I haven't touched it since. I was thinking of having one over and over on Saturday night but I resisted. This is a pretty big deal to me since I always have the "if I know it's there I want it" mentality. I think after all these years I'm finally realising that it's not as good as my cravings tell me it is.

I can't help but say I'm so proud of myself that I'm number 1 in the 20-somethings chart! It's really inspiring me to keep at it and make an effort so I can remain on top, the competitive side of me is definitely showing.

------

clay - Wow, congrats on the loss! I'm so happy you're seeing movement on the scale after making changes!

under - I see! That's understandable and you have the right attitude. I know some girls can use their period as a whole week of eating and not moving much. I know I've done it too in my life!

angie - Ooh, exciting! Hope you enjoy having the new equipment in your home.

Last edited by Riestrella; 11-17-2014 at 06:20 AM.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:18 AM   #89  

195.2 this morning, still lost some weight! I'm expecting my TOM in three days, so I bet it will jump up soon, I'll stay off the scale, it's just been so nice to see losses I couldn't resist!

My fitbit broke yesterday and I loved having it to track my activity! sad. I was looking at other ones, and I think I would like to get the new jawbone UP3 that's coming out at the end of the year. It tracks activity, sleep, has a fitness couch, and tracks your heart rate. I also like that you can get it in silver so it looks more like jewelry than a big plastic thing on your arm 24/7. It's expensive though (180) but I went the cheap route last time and have now lost the $50 I spent, which is unfortunate. Anyone have good experiences with Jawbone products?
Old 11-17-2014, 09:18 AM   #90  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

angie - That is so awesome. You got those to have in your home??? Will you both work out at the same time? What an awesome thing to not even have to leave your house to work out

Ries - Wow, good for you! 6 pounds is amazing. I'm so thrilled that you're doing well, and maybe my jealousy will give me the push I need...haha I can imagine it's really hard to stop drinking soda if you're used to it and you're doing so well. Keep it up and I'm sure it will pay off for your overall health.

Claygirl - look at your wooshing your way down!

We had kind of a lazy weekend. Boyfriend is still on the mend from his wisdom teeth extraction and I spent all yesterday fighting lightheadedness again, which is weird because I haven't had it happen for like a month! And still no clue why. So we didn't go hiking or anything super active, but we got some errands done around the house, saw some friends, and walked around the farmer's market.

I'm hoping my switch from beer to wine is making a difference...the scale seems to say so, as I didn't get as much weekend bloat as usual. So hopefully this week I will actually see a reasonable loss. I keep getting stuck for a few weeks at a time and it's frustrating! But as long as I eventually see a woosh, I can keep at it.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote