Old 09-28-2014, 07:36 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I'm not sure how cold it gets, in all honesty. I was in Washington State up until about a year ago, then moved to Florida for the last 4 months or so of boyfriend's college, and once he graduated we got a job and moved up here, so we've been here for about 3 and a half months now. I sure hope it gets colder! Washington got much, much colder in the winter, so far it's still pretty hot here.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:41 PM   #77  

Hey ladies! How are we doing? Today I found out that I hit the 180s! I'm barely out of the 190s but I'm still excited!
PyrettaBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:49 PM   #78  
kw2neat

S/C/G: 239/209/150

Height: 5'5"

I am new to this community and also looking for supportive friends who call me on my bull!
kw2neat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 03:14 PM   #79  
Hello!

Height: 4'11"

Sunarie Do you prefer the hot weather or cold weather?

PyrettaBlaze Wooo! 180's!!!!!!!!

kw2neat Welcome to the thread!! We are Herr for you at all times!

The day has been pretty fantastic. I don't ache from my run today. I'm starting a squat challenge with my husband (his butt looks better than mine...unacceptable!) So that should be fun! I did yoga today and was happy with my strength building up in my tummy area. My eating has been on point, I've started drinking those slimfast drinks. I've always like them for some reason. They are a wonderful quick breakfast for my forever early mornings. Grocery shopping tonight. We'll see what goodies I can come up with for dinner.
alyrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:03 PM   #80  

PyrettaBlaze Congrats! Keep it going, that's a great accomplishment

kw2neat Welcome to the thread. If you're new to the forums you'll not be able to private message folks yet. I don't use AIM or ICQ, but I do use Skype, my username is earlier in the thread if you wanted to chat through it.

alyrh I actually prefer the cold by far, in high school I was known as the Ice Princess by my friends cause I kept my window open in the winter. The humidity here is icky. I tend to feel gross just stepping outside. I do love the rain though. We didn't get much of it where I use to live. Breakfast is good to eat! I also go for liquid for it though. Slimfast I found to be a bit spendy, so I do the Carnation Instant Breakfast option, the sugar free one specifically. They taste wonderful, and when you drink it with skim milk (which honestly I typically don't like skim milk) the fat/carb counts are lower than Slimfast, protein is about the same, and carnation has a lot more vitamins. So, I've been advocating the carnation stuff for breakfast, haha.

Anyway, way to go on your exercise! I had a bad day yesterday (which I won't get into publicly cause it was embarrassing) and ended up drinking a few sugary alcohol drinks to unwind. Luckily it didn't net me yet another gain, and I just stayed the same. Probably cause we went walking around the mall yesterday. Today is good so far though. Passed some tests that I had been studying for. Needed to pass them for work, and the first time I took them I had failed.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:24 PM   #81  
Hello!

Height: 4'11"

sunarie congrats on passing the tests!!
alyrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:27 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 215/187/150

Height: 5' 7"

Alright - catch up time

Hello, Houda, whollyhick, and kw2neat! Welcome!

alryh - So glad you had fun on your vacation! Ugly Sweater run sounds like a great thing. I wish you luck! Hopefullyl Ill be joining you in running here soon. For now, Im mostly just walking. And I'm totally a mosquito magnet as well! My husband jokes that he never gets bit because they all would rather bite me. How'd your grocery trip end up?

sunarie -Thats a lovely picture from the wedding. I love that dress! Is your hair naturally red? (its looks red in my picture) Congratulations on the weight loss, especially while you were away. I would have gained. I'm a sucker for wedding food and cake. Congratulations on passing your tests as well!

PyrettaBlaze - I have read a little about intuitive eating but I don't know that much and haven't done anything with it. Maybe you could share some insight once you get into it? Congratulations on your weight loss! Welcome to the 180s. I've been here much longer than I should be or wanted to be. Hopefully we will get out of here together!

Fos - Congrats on 2 weeks (more now?) of low carb! I fell off that wagon a long time ago because i couldn't get passed the hangover feeling I kept having. Did you just deal with it or did you have a secret to getting through it?

If I miss something or someone, I'm very sorry! I realized I was 3 pages behind once I logged in this morning.

So, today is October. That saddens me because I feel like I completely missed September. It also means a new month for the daily weigh-in page. At one point in September I was down to 186. My goal for September was 185 from 190 (which was a gain from August) This morning I was back to 188. I'm blaming Aunt Flo and she owes me big time. I spend 3 weeks out of every month trying to get things in order from the trouble she causes. Does she throw anyone else's numbers out the window too? Im hoping for a big loss next week to make up for it.

On the exercise side of things I am very proud of myself! As of last night I have walked 24 miles since the 16th of September. Pretty darn good with 2 kids in tow all the time. Ive been trying to figure out an indoor work out I can do, especially looking ahead toward winter (SNOW.... ugh...). I think I may have found the answer. I picked up a Zumba dvd the other day for cheap and tried 1 song. I could have died! Those things are intense. On the upside, my oldest decided it was a game and jumped in right along side me. So I think we've hit a winner! (Hopefully)

Obviously! My issues all involve food. Thats appears to be my downfall because you would think that with my exercise the scales would be going somewhere besides up. I'm off to search for a good food log app. This month I'm determined to get below 185!

DANG! Sorry this post was sooo long! Hope you all are having a great week!

Last edited by BlueDogWeed; 10-01-2014 at 09:29 AM.
BlueDogWeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:56 AM   #83  

Thanks, passing the tests was a huge happy moment as this job is a bit more stable than some I had been doing. I work from home as an independent contractor, assisting with some search engine stuff.

Bluedogweed I only ended up passing on the cake and all because I got sick, actually. I caught a cold and was running a fever the day of the wedding.. so I ended up not really eating as it was making my tummy turn. Blessing in a way, but I would have preferred to not be sick. My hair isn't naturally red, but right now it is dyed red. For some reason I have always loved red hair.

Try not to worry too much about September, focus on the new month and be proud that even if you had a bumpy ride for September, you're still here and that counts for something. Plus, all that exercise! Major achievement. Zumba is intense, but it's also kind of fun. I use to have a set of Zumba DVDs, but they're at my mom's house now.. I should probably get them back... I use Daily Burn for in home work-out stuff right now. They have a lot of different plans and for just the work-outs it's $10 a month. I'm in the true beginner program, which works up a sweat for me, but I can still complete.. eventually I'll graduate to a higher one. I also mix in a dance game for some of the cardio. For an app, I've heard good things about myfitnesspal http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ Don't use it myself, but have seen it mentioned and recommended a lot here.

Anyway, I'm finally down .2lbs after a few days of gaining, and then a few days of staying at 239.2. Nice to see a drop finally. A gal over in the Weight Watchers forum named SoMuchFattitude sent me to her blog about destroying her scale, which I thought was an excellent read and wanted to share. http://somuchfattitude.com/2014/07/1...-control-back/ I currently weigh myself daily (which I know I shouldn't do), and I don't get super down on gains, nor do I weigh myself multiple times per day, just the once in the morning. Definitely worth some thought if your scale is having a negative effect on your attempts to get healthy though.

Last edited by sunarie; 10-01-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:49 PM   #84  

I love red hair too! I dye my hair red as well(for the last 11yrs.) My son picked out my current color shade so i match more of a red crayon. It was a special prize for him but I doubt I'll be letting him pick anymore. I love that color on you!

Last edited by BlueDogWeed; 10-01-2014 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:17 PM   #85  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Sunarie - you are too sweet.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:09 PM   #86  

Thank you! The shade of red I have is a little more red than I'm use to, but it turned out okay. I am gonna be cutting my hair soon, it's gotten a bit long.. Trying to decide between a pixie cut or just a layered shoulder-length thing. Leaning more towards the shoulder-length deal. Really timid about cutting everything off! Especially when I read a lot online about short haircuts not working for fat faces, which my face is round on top of me just being obese.

SoMuchFattitude, you found my post! Hehe, thanks for letting me share it (even if I asked permission a little late). I truly do think it was good information/insight.

Oh, more good news for today. I got my application stuff submitted so I can resume college with the new year. I dropped out when I was only 6 classes away from my degree. So that's exciting, even if it is 3 months off.

Last edited by sunarie; 10-01-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:52 PM   #87  

Scale problems. Got weighed on a different scale and it's FIVE pounds over what I was on Monday.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:53 PM   #88  

And I'll definitely share how my intuitive eating learning goes!
Old 10-03-2014, 09:48 AM   #89  

I HATE weighing on different scales than my home ones because they aren't always calibrated the same. Probably why I hate the doctor scales so much.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:51 AM   #90  

Sunarie - Kuddos on working towards finishing! I've got about 2 semesters left that I didn't finish before my kids, but my degree I was working towards isn't child care friendly. So that phase of my life is on hold for a while. I wish you luck!