Old 09-06-2014, 02:13 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I have added you to my buddy list as well findingmyway13. If anyone wants to add me on skype, they can.. since I can't PM with being new to the forums and all. I'm pretty much always signed in. Also have Steam, and a PS3/PS4 for any who may be gamers.

alyrh - I'm feeling better now, thank you for the well wishes Picky eating can be no fun. We run into that as a household, with or without dieting, though honestly we don't notice it much until we start visiting with people. I'm less picky than the boyfriend. Didn't grow up eating veggies, and haven't become accustomed to the taste of them yet, so working them into meals can be tough for me. Usually we have 10 or so dishes we just rotate through. I have found my taste palette has broadened over the years. I use to dislike almost all pork, and the past two years I've found I have a new love for pork chops, pork ribs, and pulled pork. The large part of our diet is still turkey and chicken though. Maybe something similar will happen for you, kinda opens things up a bit. Here's hoping you find something that agrees with you, and you like, for breakfast!

Oop, forgot to add my skype name when first posting! I think if you do a search on Skype for the username pswggoddess I will pop up.

Last edited by sunarie; 09-06-2014 at 02:14 PM.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:39 AM   #17  
Hello!

Height: 4'11"

Well even with some crappy eating at the bar last night I got on the scale confident and I lost some. On the downside my college football team also lost .

I really think getting meals and exercise into a more routine helps a ton. Who knew? Although right now getting into the routine of waking up super early and not taking a nap when I get home seems scary. I give mad props to the parents out there who just go all day!
alyrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:17 PM   #18  

Sorry to hear about the football team losing, but it's great that you lost some weight! I'm down 2 pounds this week, which I'm happy about!

My little guy lives with his dad mostly due to some mental health issues of mine, and I suppose an upside of that is I have a little more freedom when my work day is done. I also work from home, and set my own hours... Scheduling is still a bit difficult though, or rather, sticking to a schedule. It's just never something I've had for exercise and eating. Here's to attempting to form new habits! I've heard exercise helps you wake up if you do it when you wake up, but I've honestly never tried.. I always do it in the afternoon.

Best of luck getting a routine going!

Also, congrats to muguet and BlueDogWeed for being down for the week as well! Hope you don't mind me stealing that information from the daily weigh-in thread.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:42 PM   #19  

Sad times. My boyfriend made a pizza that we'd had sitting in the freezer since before I started dieting. At first I resisted it, then I ended up grabbing a slice that he didn't eat, and was just gonna throw away. Went over my daily points for yesterday by 10 and went up in weight by almost a pound. Technically on weight watchers you get weekly points (I think it's 35, I didn't plan on using them), so I'm not over those.. however my sister's wedding is coming up and I wanted to drop weight consistently, so I didn't want to use any of my "extra" points prior to the wedding.

Disappointed in myself for not resisting the temptation. On a similar note, we've already discussed that we won't be buying anymore pizza, or super bad packaged foods, like that grocery shopping since the diet started.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:49 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 223/197/120

Height: 5'5

sunarie thanks for the shout-out and congrats to you too!

Don't worry too much about the pizza slice. It's honestly really hard to say no, especially when you're around loved ones/friends/close family. Just tell yourself that you always have the option of making better choices later in the day or the following days. I don't believe in eating clean 100% of the time. Eat what you want but be responsible about it
muguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:52 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyrh View Post
muguet how are you enjoying yoga? I'm just starting out and doing a lot of stuff at home. I'd love to do an actually yoga class but right now the stuff online is a better price (free!) Lol.

PM me also if you like! I have everything linked to my phone and my phone is always on me.
I'm so sorry, I totally missed your post!
I love yoga but I'm with you, it's way too expensive to follow a class unless you have a good community program around.
I have a couple of DVDs (they're often on clearance for about 10$) and I also use youtube videos. Blogilates is my favourite for pilates but I'm too out of shape at the moment to follow her videos!!
Old 09-08-2014, 02:25 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by muguet View Post
sunarie thanks for the shout-out and congrats to you too!

Don't worry too much about the pizza slice. It's honestly really hard to say no, especially when you're around loved ones/friends/close family. Just tell yourself that you always have the option of making better choices later in the day or the following days. I don't believe in eating clean 100% of the time. Eat what you want but be responsible about it
Thank you, I'm trying not to stress over it too much. I'm a little more upset that it's happened right before the wedding, and I'm a bridesmaid in said wedding. On a related note, I won't be around for the entirety of next week, as I'll be traveling for the event. It was at the absolute worse time in the day too, about an hour before bed

I'm super horrible at self control when it comes to being around bad foods, which is likely how I got to the weight I'm at currently, and kind of runs in my family. My mom and my sister are actually the exact same way, they're just better about keeping the bad food out of the house entirely. That and my dad, and brother, who live with my mom, have learned to hide things where she won't find them.

My boyfriend (whom I live with, and have been with for a few years now) is one of those naturally skinny guys. He's a size 30 and can kinda eat whatever he wants. He's also really good at moderation, so he likes to get lots of sweet things. Luckily, he's supporting me in my diet and has said it's fine to restrict what we have in the house, so this past week he hasn't brought stuff home or anything. The pizza was leftover from last month's grocery shopping. I've read WW is really good for kind of reprogramming your diet, and how you look at food, which is really what I need. It's kind of a joke in the family (the no moderation bit), but it's also kind of sad in it's own way when I mention it to other people.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:36 PM   #23  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Sunarie,Blue,Preety & findingmyway13 ~ How would you like to stay in contact? Through email or PM's on here

Muguet ~ I just sent you a PM

Last edited by Terra1984; 09-08-2014 at 02:37 PM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:16 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra1984 View Post
Sunarie,Blue,Preety & findingmyway13 ~ How would you like to stay in contact? Through email or PM's on here

Muguet ~ I just sent you a PM
I can't PM on here, too new I guess. So it'd have to be through e-mail. I'm not sure how to send you my e-mail though, without putting it on public display which the forum says will net me spam and such.

I did list my Skype address a little earlier, if you have that (it's a messaging/VOIP program). My username there is PSWGGoddess. Name is Sharese.

For now I just keep posting in this thread.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:34 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunarie View Post
I'm super horrible at self control when it comes to being around bad foods, which is likely how I got to the weight I'm at currently, and kind of runs in my family. My mom and my sister are actually the exact same way, they're just better about keeping the bad food out of the house entirely. That and my dad, and brother, who live with my mom, have learned to hide things where she won't find them.
Oh I'm the same! I have to have a "cleansed" house otherwise if I'm stressed, PMSing or whatever hormonal/emotional state that drives me to binge, I will find anything carby/sugar/salty to satisfy the hunger monster. That said, I really limit the bread and keep it in the freezer.
It's also a good way to only have treats when you're out. I tend to appreciate them more since they usually cost more $$ and taste better than the cookies I used to buy on sale!
Old 09-08-2014, 09:11 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 215/187/150

Height: 5' 7"

Unfortunately, I've lost some of my progress the last 2 days. We have a heavy family dinner late last night so even though I ate less than I normally would it caught back up with me.

And we had Mexican and cake tonight to celebrate my littlest one turning 1 today! So I'm sure than will catch back up with me as well. 2 more days of crazy activities and I'll be back on my regular workout schedule *fingers crossed*

I have tried my hardest to fine but am not seeing a PM option. I think I might be looking in the wrong place? I'm almost exclusively mobile so maybe if I got on an actual computer I could find it.
BlueDogWeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:34 AM   #27  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Sunarie ~ How does Skype work? I just looked it up and it said something about video calling so does that mean you have to give the person your video calling your phone number? I dont like giving my phone number out online
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:42 AM   #28  
Fos

S/C/G: 280/199/150

Height: 5'7

Hey, guys. I'm new as well so the PMs aren't working yet, but having some weight loss buddies would be great. I've never had any, and seeing as we're closing in on that time of year I've failed at my diet for the last eight years, maybe that's part of what I've been missing.

Starting weight: 316
Current: 280
Goal: 150

Eating plan: Low calorie, low carb. I've cut out most the stuff I love with the exception of one mug of sweet tea in the morning, and have been trying to stick to chicken, fish, and veggies.

Exercise: I have a stationary bike, so I do that for 25 minutes every day, which isn't bad so far when I started off at 5 minutes a few weeks ago. I'm thinking of trying out Zumba and buying some weights. I don't have it in me to walk into a gym just yet.
Fos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:02 AM   #29  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Hi guys! So in terms of weight loss buddies, I am totally down! It's just, when it comes to contacting (IMing on Skype is probably the best for me), I just am one of those awkward people who never really know what to talk about!

Anyway here's a bit about me in numbers ~~
SW: 174 (When I first joined this site, forever ago)
CW: 148.2
GW: 125

In terms of eating, I pretty much follow Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure (the original - not modified, 15/6 rule thing).

I'm not much of an exerciser. Like, at all. Most of my weight loss is highly attributed to altering my eating habits. However, I do go on the stationary bike for ~30-40 min or walking (for a similar duration of time at a quick pace) at least 5x a week.

muguet ~ I noticed we're the same height and more or less number wise, we have very similar statistics!

Mm, with that said, if you all don't mind an awkward turtle, feel free to PM me for my Skype info!
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 01:24 PM   #30  

Terra1984 It's like an instant messaging program, you don't have to tie your phone number to it. I don't know if you've used AOL Instant Messenger, MSN messenger, or maybe ICQ or one of those, but it's sort of the same. Basically you create an account and go. There is a portion during account creation that asks for your phone number, but you can skip that part. The video call part is actually through the program itself. If you're talking to another person with skype and have a headset, or are on your phone, you can use the program to call that person (again through Skype, not your phone number) using data instead of minutes. No phone number has to be attached for the calling portion, and you don't even have to do video calls.

I mainly use it to type to people. I think you can set it up to forward messages to your phone, and allow text messages to be sent to phones and all sorts of stuff, but if you just do the bare bones all it will be is an instant messaging program.

BlueDogWeed Happy late birthday to your little one! A couple of days shouldn't be too bad for your diet, especially if you jump right back into exercising and all after. I've got a wedding to go to out of state next week, and so I'm trying to prep myself for that. My plan is basically to eat smaller portions than I normally would so that I don't feel awkward eating my own food when all the bridesmaids are sharing a little rental house together for around 4 days leading up to the wedding. I'm sure I'll gain back a bit of what I lost during that time, but I want to keep it to a minimum!

For PMs, I found it by adding people to my buddy list, which you can do by clicking on the person's name, and then clicking the option to add them, then saving the list. After that I clicked on "Quick Links" at the top, then "Open Buddy List". That opens a window where you can check a person's name and choose to PM them. Doing so brings me to an error page saying I don't have permission, so not sure if PM option is suppose to show up in other places too.

Atarimae and Fos, I've added you to my buddy list for 3FC for when I can actually PM. Atarimae since you said you use Skype, and I can't PM. I do have my username for it listed further up in the thread, but if you wanted to add me I'm PSWGGoddess on there for the username. My real name is Sharese.

muguet We have mostly "cleansed" our house too. There are some twizzlers leftover that boyfriend needs to finish eating, but I've managed to stay away from. That pizza was the last of the super bad food. I do have some snack type foods that are WW friendly, and I can restrict myself to one a day for those, which has been working well. Luckily I do the grocery shopping mostly, and the cooking.. so I can semi-control what's in the house. Sometimes boyfriend comes home with sweets and snacks he picked up on the way home. We're at an understanding that if he gets something though, it needs to be something I don't like. That way I don't eat it in my weaker times.

Whew, big post! Ending on a good note, I'm down almost a whole 2 lbs today. So I lost the little bit I had gained with my bad pizza night, plus some. Today is a good day

Last edited by sunarie; 09-09-2014 at 01:28 PM.