Old 08-22-2014, 12:56 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4

Arrow My 50 Day Challenge

Hi ladies and gents!

I just turned 26 and I want to start it off good! I feel shitty in my body and it's time for a change! I want to look and feel good in my own skin, so here is a little detail on my 50 day challenge plan.

I was debating if I should have titled the post "My 50 Day Juice (by juice I mean smoothies with veggies and fruits) Challenge", but I think that might be a little too hard for me, so I'm going to juice for breakfast, eat a meal for lunch, juice for dinner and include mini snacks here and there for when I get hungry. I also plan on heading to the gym for some exercise probably three times a week or more for some light cardio.

I'm going to keep this post alive by updating how I am doing on a daily basis and look forward to meeting anyone who might want to join me in doing a 50 day challenge. It doesn't have to be how I am doing it. As long as we keep each other going strong that would be nice. I would love it if I could have this communities support to encourage me to make it through this 50 day challenge.

Starting weight as of 8/21/14: 183 lbs
End of 50 day challenge weight 10/10/14: ???
upnaway11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:21 AM   #2  

I started this morning off great had my smoothie and a healthy lunch later on in the day, but when I came home I saw my leftover birthday cake sitting in the fridge. I took a bite and another till I almost devoured the entire thing. Then later on in the day I had some chinese food which I stuffed my face with.

By now you guys probably figured out that I have a problem with binge eating. I also purge after I binge. I been doing this on and off for probably almost a year. I was hoping this 50 day challenge would stop me from doing it ever again, but tommorow is a new day. Now I have 49 days left to change how I eat and try to start a new lifestyle. Wish me luck guys!
Old 08-23-2014, 10:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

upnaway- I really want to wish you luck on your journey! If you are having issues with bingeing and purging though, I would suggest you talk with a counselor and nutritionist and try a diet that is less restrictive. You cannot punish or force your way out of these types of behaviors. I would also like to suggest the intuitive eating thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...st-2014-a.html
Since it seems a lot of people who go through restriction/binge cycles have much success with it Again, I'm just offering some suggestions and really do hope you succeed in reaching your goals
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:56 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottington View Post
upnaway- I really want to wish you luck on your journey! If you are having issues with bingeing and purging though, I would suggest you talk with a counselor and nutritionist and try a diet that is less restrictive. You cannot punish or force
Since it seems a lot of people who go through restriction/binge cycles have much success with it Again, I'm just offering some suggestions and really do hope you succeed in reaching your goals
Thanks I visited the thread. I don't know if health insurance covers a counselor or nutritionist for eating disorders but I'm going to check if they do cause I know I do need help and would like to stop before I do something to my body that cannot be undone.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:20 AM   #5  

Hi everyone it's me again! I know I had a bad first day, but today was sooooo much better. I think I had a bad day yesterday due to my bf ignoring me all day and it doesn't help that he recently moved across the country from me I'm in California and he's in North Carolina totally opposite sides of the country

Anyways I had a wonderful day I enjoyed my juices and a nice dinner filled with some delicious snacks through the day. I know there's a concern of how im eating may be depriving, but I think can do it and stick with it for the rest of the challenge and if I can't I will just do actual food intake for breakfast, lunch and dinner and just do juices for snacks. The juice I had today was pretty good added water, a whole orange, fresh pinapple, and a handful of spinach yum! Then at work I work with adults with disabilities so when we went for a stroll around the neighborhood I pushed a client in her wheelchair and oh boy that was an exercise and I sweated from it we had fun though strolling and trying to talk to her as I was huffing and puffing.

Overall I had a great second day enjoy your guys day or night. I am off to bed for now
Old 08-24-2014, 11:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

I'm glad today was better for you Most insurances do cover for eating disorder treatment(the treatment center I was at had people with many different types of insurances and it was a very nice and reputable center at a private hospital) and if not I would suggest free local support groups. If you are in school you usually are allotted a few free counseling sessions and I'm sure they would have lots of info for you there as well.
Again, just looking out as I understand the struggle and hate to see others suffer
Also, you should come join the Halloween challenge for some extra support That's my favorite of all the yearly challenges and its always a very supportive group!
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote