Old 09-19-2014, 10:01 AM   #151  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

^^^ Love your new picture, walrus! I'll have to check out that documentary. Great job on your loss

I finally made it back to my low weight, which is funny because I'm on a maintenance break...but hey, that was the whole point of the break, to shake things up and get to losing again! Would be pretty cool to see a new low while not even trying but I'm not gonna hold my breath. We are, however, going on a backpacking trip this weekend so ya never know.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:19 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 155/124.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Decided it was time to start using an actual photo as my avatar. Yay, bathroom selfies? I'm updating my measurements Saturday and curious to see how many inches I've lost overall now that I'm at my original goal.
underanalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 02:58 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Just peaking in real quick since I have a few extra minutes

Walrus and Under-Love the pics! You guys are so pretty! Also congrats Under for meeting your original goal

noname-How awesome! Have a great time on your backpacking trip(have to admit I'm pretty jealous!)

TTOM is over and the scale is starting to move down again for me. Still not to my low weight but I'm hoping to hit a new low next week.
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:00 AM   #154  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

My weight is slowly moving down, which is nice. I'm creeping toward the low end of the 160s, and hopefully I'll be in the 150s soon. I'm behind on my goal for Halloween, but there's still a chance I could make it (or at least get close). It's a bit ambitious at this point, but not yet totally impossible.

I may adjust my goal in a couple weeks if things aren't moving very quickly. That's all right, though - loss is loss, even if it feels slow sometimes.

thewalrus0: Sounds like an interesting documentary. Where did you watch it?
Also, congrats on breaking 193! It's always great to get past those pounds that just won't budge for a while.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:56 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 217/164/132

Height: 5'5

I've been away but now that I'm back, I'm sooooooo glad to see that you are still here Riestrella and doing these challenges!!!

I'm currently a little unable to compete… BUT I'm really hoping that there will be another challenge coming up for Christmas!!!! I'll be ready for that!!!

Thanks for doing this!!!!
1yr2mkovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:43 AM   #156  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Had an odd 2 weeks but I'm hoping to lose at least 2 lbs for next week and every week after until my cruise In 4 weeks
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 04:23 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

kuristaru-I know you just needed to vent but still You are stronger than your ED, you will be ok and you will lose weight as long as you stick to your plan(which sounds like a healthy and good plan!). We can't control our bodies no matter how hard we try. Sometimes they will not co-operate no matter what we do. If you continue with your plan and don't lose weight then I would talk to your doctor about getting tests done(if you haven't already). Or try switching up your food or plan since perhaps something is a little off with the measurements. I've been getting stuck a lot too but once I switched to intermittent fasting the weight started coming off again, but slowly since for me its not realistic to lose 1lb per week. Like you said, it could very well be hormones acting up. In regards to ED stuff, if you have a slip up accept it and continue on. Don't obsess over the purge/binge/restriction etc. Just move on and continue on your healthy plan and accept that you aren't perfect. That's what has helped me at least when I've had slip ups. Best of luck, you'll get through this.
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 04:27 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 124

Height: 5.5

Hi

Is anyone interested in being diet buddies? I can't seem to stay motivated to be on a diet without someone helping me to stay on track, and take responsibility for my food and exercise for the day.

If you are interested, add me on yahoo messenger Jendoll701@ yahoo.com (no space between the @ and Yahoo.com)

I want to have some people who will message back and forth daily, keep each other on track, and be supportive. I have lots of workout DVD's on my computer that i am willing to share as well with my buddies.

I hope to hear from you! I know yahoo messenger is a bit outdated, but it works best for me because I don't get as distrcted as i do with my phone.

Details about me: 20 years old, female, chocoholic, and a former exercise enthusiast. I worked out almost every day and now its been months since I put on my workout shoes! I am not in university, gained my freshman weight, and have kept it on for 2 years. Now it is time to get rid of it!

Hope to hear from you guys
NinaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 04:59 PM   #159  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

kuris - Hey you, bring it in here. It's good to vent things out. First of all, I think it's important for you to contemplate what your body is. It's your vessel through this beautiful life we're given and it deserves to be loved no matter what. If you're not happy with the way it looks, then let's just work on a way to make that change happen. Hate and self loathing is never going to get you to a healthy weight. So it's time to stop pressuring yourself to lose weight so much and hating yourself if it doesn't happen at the speed you want it to. This takes time. I've been on this crazy weight loss ride for 4 years and I'm only halfway there. I know when we put so much effort into it and we don't get the results we think we deserve it can get emotionally tough, as you've just experienced, but you simply cannot let your weight affect your mind. You're heading back down a path that's dangerous, I know you know, you have come a long way so keep moving forward.
Secondly, tell me how much you exercise a week. Sometimes the more we exercise the more food we need to eat. Athletes can eat up to 2000 calories a day because of all the training, so why shouldn't we do the same? There's a bad saying that it's about exercising more and eating less, but it's really not. It's about finding a balance between exercise and nutrition to fuel that exercise. Once I know how much you exercise then I can figure out a calorie goal. If you want to eat your usual amount then perhaps add the extra calories through just vegetables. You can't take your weight too seriously, but it can communicate problems with your weight loss plan. If your metabolism isn't fired up then your body will store what it can when it gets it. Think of it like a fire, the more exercise you do (oxygen) the more fuel you need to put on the fire (food). I've been in that position when I really got into running, I heard the whole "eat more" thing and gave it a try and low and behold it worked.

You can do it, don't hate yourself life is way too short for all that.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:11 AM   #160  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

im stalled at 148. 3rd week now. its not a mystery, getting back to work has killed my forward motion. over on calories, no exercise...

totally dropping the weight loss ball here, and just picked up a weekend job to boot. bleh. at least i'm not gaining. this weeks weigh in is during TOM also. Hoping to see a loss next week, if i'm better at my calorie count.
tinneranne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:07 PM   #161  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

kuristaru ~ I do hope you feel better! I definitely agree with Rie in terms of how sometimes you may need to up your calorie count if you're exercising a lot. I just burnt about 500 cal yesterday, which is more than I normally do (I tend to just do walking or stationary bike up for 250-300 cal), and I know I hadn't eaten much that day, but I quite literally had a major headache. It was awful, and despite the fact that I knew I only ate like 450-500 cal worth of food up to that point, I could just tell it was because I didn't have enough food in my system.

Fast forward through that, the bf had a few of his friends over for a workout session (he has this otaku workout team thing going on) and I was talking to one of the guys who says he eats 5,000 calories just to lose weight. In his case, I guess since he's weightlifting and wants to keep on the muscle, he can't just cut calories since he doesn't want the weight loss to affect his bulk. Personally, that's just a whole 'nother ballgame that I can't seem to absorb. I guess this long tldr; is to back up the idea that on days where you go harder, you may need to fuel yourself more.

Nonetheless, I'm sure we all have experienced /some/ of what you've felt. Maybe not to the same extent, but just remember you're not alone!

~~

145.2 this morning! Granted I was waffling between 144 to 146 all week and all that jazz. I was so excited seeing 144 in the middle of the week, but I guess the weekend happened. Nonetheless, a loss is a loss and I'll take it!
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:19 PM   #162  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

I'm late in joining this challenge, but I figure I still have plenty of time to jump in and lose weight with you all! It looks like people are doing great!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:11 PM   #163  
Hello!

Height: 4'11"

kuristaru Words cannot begin to express how close this hits home for me. This is exactly what I'm going through. Exactly. You are extremely strong and that lose has to be right over the horizon. You've got this.

I'm stuck right now. More in a rut than I thought I was. My overly pessimistic side is suffocating my already almost dead optimistic side. Hopefully this week will be better.
alyrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:20 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 155/124.5/135

Height: 5'7"

It's truly incredible how a little overindulgence put .5 lb back onto me overnight. But I enjoyed my evening of relaxing and think it was worth it overall. It's no big deal to drop back down.

I have all the pieces I need for my halloween costume on order now, so it's just a matter of everything arriving and me putting it all on. Ultimately, whether I drop another 3 lbs by then or not won't make much difference in how my costume fits, so I'm in the safety zone where that's concerned.
underanalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:12 PM   #165  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

kurisitaru ~ Yep, that's about right! But at the same time I can't even fathom eating 5,000 calories in healthy fuel. It doesn't even seem like eating to enjoy! I guess that's not what they live for, but I'm a foodie. I'd NEVER want to think about the fact that I'm eating /that/ much in calories, but it's all healthy food I don't particularly care for. (This isn't to say healthy food can't be delicious, but I naturally like my...not-so-good things so ) So glad that you are feeling better though and congrats on seeing the 17-!

~~~

I WAS RIGHT...in my head at least. I knew the real lack of eating on Sunday would bring a loss on Monday, but then bring a gain today. Ugh, really wish I were consistent with the eating. The sad thing too is I still believe I was in both the right sugar AND calorie range last night...though okay, to be fair, I only track the sugars which I know /for sure/ was under 15g. Sigh, oh well, at least it was predicted. No surprises here.

Hrrrrrmph. Hope tomorrow is kinder.
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote