Old 08-28-2014, 12:13 AM   #76  
Melissa

S/C/G: 250/229/175

Height: 5'6

Had my first day on a low carb diet! I'm excited to see my progress!!!
BamaGalRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:18 AM   #77  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

I'm leaving my mini vacation today.im terrified to get on the scale.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:51 AM   #78  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Lianna I totally feel you on that rant!!! It's what keeps me from trying new recipes most of the time But once you get an eye for the kinds of recipes you CAN make within your timeframe and using the equipment you already have and food you can easily access, it gets easier. Reviews are helpful too - people are MUCH more honest in the reviews than the original author is writing the recipe lol

Tomorrow will be my first weigh-in of the challenge and I can't wait. I didn't see much of a loss in August, so I am READY to get the ball rolling again.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:41 PM   #79  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

So, I think I might want to buy a food processor. But I've been hesitant about it for a long time. My concerns are that:

It'll be too expensive.
I won't use it as much as I think it will, perhaps because...
It'll be time consuming and difficult to clean.

Anyone have a food processor? How do you like it? Is it worth it?
---
nonameslob: Yep, that's why I almost exclusively use internet recipes that have comments attached. I don't know that I even own a regular cookbook... But I love food bloggers and their commenters - so great!
Good luck for the weigh in!

skittlesfirehawk: I hear you. Vacations can be rough on the scale. Sometimes it's bad enough for me that I just take mine with me to help stay on track (but I keep it on the DL). But even if you've gained a bit, with a vacation it's likely mostly water. Or maybe you've even lost weight - that sometimes happens on vacation.

BamaGalRN: Congrats!
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:17 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 280/ 280/ 145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiannaKole View Post
So, I think I might want to buy a food processor. But I've been hesitant about it for a long time. My concerns are that:

It'll be too expensive.
I won't use it as much as I think it will, perhaps because...
It'll be time consuming and difficult to clean.

Anyone have a food processor? How do you like it? Is it worth it?
---
We have a food processor and they really aren't that expensive, especially if you can hit a Kohls sale with 30% off You can also get them on Amazon for $25/$30. If you have prime shipping they will bring it to your door in 2 days with no shipping fee.

I'm not sure what you want to use it for, we honestly don't use it a lot, but I don't have many recipes require me to use it. But I don't dislike it. I can make dips very quickly with it.

As far as clean up, most are dishwasher safe, so its no hassle at all. I guess it depends on what you are wanting to use it for. But for $25, I think its worth trying out.
hrr6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:53 AM   #81  

Yay weighed myself.152 so I should hospefully be 150 by Sunday
Old 08-29-2014, 08:42 AM   #82  
Call me NNS!

Lianna, I agree with hrr6030 that it really depends what you will use it for!

I have one that I use once or twice a month. I regret not getting a bigger one (honestly, it's the one I bought for my mom - it was too small so she bought herself a bigger one and gave me the smaller one!), but it is a higher price point. I'd almost rather getting a lower quality one that is bigger. Although lately I have been using it a lot for soups, and I think an immersion blender would probably be a better investment for me. The small food processor is good for chopping veggies for meatballs, stuffed mushrooms, things like that. I also make pesto on it. But even a small one takes up a lot of space...

---

Hooray! After a month at 189, I finally saw a loss! I think my body just prefers when I'm involved in a challenge LOL
Old 08-29-2014, 03:22 PM   #83  
Hi there!

I mentioned this on another thread, but I found out the other day that one of the women I know is 200 lbs, and I was shocked because she definitely doesn't look it. She's even 3 or so inches shorter than me. I would have guessed she was 155-165 or something. She carries it so well! I definitely did not look that nice when I was about that weight. Everyone's different, though.

---

hrr6030: Thanks, that was helpful! I'm glad there are good options that aren't really expensive. I think I've only seen high end ones that are like 300 bucks or something, which is definitely not in my budget.

nonameslob: Hmm, yeah the space thing isn't great. But it's nice to know that it's good for pesto (which I love making - and a blender is a pain with it). But your experience does make me think getting a bigger one is the way to go if I get one. Thanks! And congrats on getting past 189!

kurisitaru: So a food processor does make recipes go faster? That's good to know. I'd be mad if it didn't help with time at all. And I too clean while I cook, and I enjoy cooking whenever I can.
And wow! That shelf is so creative! I love that it just slides next to the fridge!
for all of that info! I'm definitely getting new ideas for my kitchen! And I'm thinking I might get a food processor, then. It seems like people like using them pretty well.

Last edited by LiannaKole; 08-29-2014 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:34 PM   #84  
Call me NNS!

kurisitaru I have seen that idea on Pinterest, but it's so cool to see someone who actually did it! I would love to do that if I ever have a set-up in my kitchen that would allow it. I have gotten quite creative with storage over the years, too. It's amazing what you can do once you get used to living in small houses and apartments. But on that note, I definitely prefer kitchen gadgets that are multi-functional or provide the biggest bang for the smallest amount of space. LOL

I used to love cooking as much as you. I think my boyfriend ruined it for me being a picky eater like he is! ARGH! A dishwasher would also probably make me enjoy cooking again...haha

Lianna It is quite interesting to hear what people weigh, puts things into perspective. It really isn't all about the scale! I hope you are able to find satisfaction with your body, even if you don't find you carry your weight well.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:39 PM   #85  
Hi there!

nonameslob: I've never really disliked my body (except for when I was 210 lbs and I started to feel squished in it, and even then I just decided to get it healthier). I've never hated it, ever. I think I've been fairly lucky with it, honestly.
But I really don't carry my weight well. It's not a problem or anything for me. But it would be pretty cool to be able to look great even at 200 lbs. Many women do, actually.

Actually, recently I figured out that I get over any sort of shame I may have about my body very quickly when the opportunity arises. Especially if others treat it like no big deal. I didn't know that about myself.

Last edited by LiannaKole; 08-29-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:24 PM   #86  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Lianna - I know what you mean about recipes, one time I must have spent an hour making this paprika chicken dish and it tasted like NOTHING. I wasted so much time and money on ingredients and it was so boring! My parents have a food processor, when I bake I use it but other than that it never gets used. I do want a juicer, however.
Well it just goes to show that weight itself doesn't really matter, it's how you look. I'm never too bothered about how much anyone else weighs because everyone carries it differently.

kuri - I know what you mean, I always avoid the scale when I've been off plan. But I know that I have to face the music, and it usually is bad! All we can do is pick ourselves up and get back on plan. Trying to over compensate doesn't work as well as you'd think, so don't put too much pressure on yourself. Start fresh right now!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:27 PM   #87  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Had a 3lb loss this week, so commence happy dance!!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:58 PM   #88  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Hurricane View Post
Had a 3lb loss this week, so commence happy dance!!
Nice job!!

I still don't have a scale, but I should know by Friday where I am at. I'm leaving Costa Rica on Thursday, and going back to good old Los Angeles Can't believe how fast these last 9 weeks here have gone! Hopefully when I step on the scale, it'll put me at 140 or less. I do so much hiking and walking out here (coupled with very good tasting but highly calorie food) that I think I evened everything out...hopefully lol
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:16 AM   #89  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Here are the week 1 results!

20-Something Chart:

Overall Chart:
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:42 AM   #90  

My downfall has arrived.as of today Dunkin doughnuts starts serving pumpkin spice lattes.i indulge once a week until they are gone and then I cry for a week. This year I will be getting a small with skim and possibly if I dare no whip cream.i will also be splitting my pumpkin muffin in 2