3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

~*Haunting for Halloween Challenge 2014*~

Old 08-29-2014, 03:34 PM   #91
5:2, The Fast Diet

S/C/G: 232.6/186.8/150

Height: 5'5"

kurisitaru I have seen that idea on Pinterest, but it's so cool to see someone who actually did it! I would love to do that if I ever have a set-up in my kitchen that would allow it. I have gotten quite creative with storage over the years, too. It's amazing what you can do once you get used to living in small houses and apartments. But on that note, I definitely prefer kitchen gadgets that are multi-functional or provide the biggest bang for the smallest amount of space. LOL

I used to love cooking as much as you. I think my boyfriend ruined it for me being a picky eater like he is! ARGH! A dishwasher would also probably make me enjoy cooking again...haha

Lianna It is quite interesting to hear what people weigh, puts things into perspective. It really isn't all about the scale! I hope you are able to find satisfaction with your body, even if you don't find you carry your weight well.

Started Jan. 2013 | Mini Goal 1: Onederland - Reached 5/20/14| Mini Goal 2: 179 (no longer obese)
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:39 PM   #92
Hi there!

S/C/G: Losing for cooling.

Height: 5' 5"

nonameslob: I've never really disliked my body (except for when I was 210 lbs and I started to feel squished in it, and even then I just decided to get it healthier). I've never hated it, ever. I think I've been fairly lucky with it, honestly.
But I really don't carry my weight well. It's not a problem or anything for me. But it would be pretty cool to be able to look great even at 200 lbs. Many women do, actually.

Actually, recently I figured out that I get over any sort of shame I may have about my body very quickly when the opportunity arises. Especially if others treat it like no big deal. I didn't know that about myself.
Medium Goal #1 - Done!
Medium Goal #2:

Last edited by LiannaKole : 08-29-2014 at 03:42 PM.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:24 PM   #93
From Hippo to Hot!

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Lianna - I know what you mean about recipes, one time I must have spent an hour making this paprika chicken dish and it tasted like NOTHING. I wasted so much time and money on ingredients and it was so boring! My parents have a food processor, when I bake I use it but other than that it never gets used. I do want a juicer, however.
Well it just goes to show that weight itself doesn't really matter, it's how you look. I'm never too bothered about how much anyone else weighs because everyone carries it differently.

kuri - I know what you mean, I always avoid the scale when I've been off plan. But I know that I have to face the music, and it usually is bad! All we can do is pick ourselves up and get back on plan. Trying to over compensate doesn't work as well as you'd think, so don't put too much pressure on yourself. Start fresh right now!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:27 PM   #94
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 305/290/205

Height: 5'5

Had a 3lb loss this week, so commence happy dance!!
Old 08-31-2014, 05:58 PM   #95
losing it

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Hurricane View Post
Had a 3lb loss this week, so commence happy dance!!
Nice job!!

I still don't have a scale, but I should know by Friday where I am at. I'm leaving Costa Rica on Thursday, and going back to good old Los Angeles Can't believe how fast these last 9 weeks here have gone! Hopefully when I step on the scale, it'll put me at 140 or less. I do so much hiking and walking out here (coupled with very good tasting but highly calorie food) that I think I evened everything out...hopefully lol
kisskiss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:16 AM   #96
From Hippo to Hot!

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Here are the week 1 results!

20-Something Chart:

Overall Chart:
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:42 AM   #97

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

My downfall has arrived.as of today Dunkin doughnuts starts serving pumpkin spice lattes.i indulge once a week until they are gone and then I cry for a week. This year I will be getting a small with skim and possibly if I dare no whip cream.i will also be splitting my pumpkin muffin in 2

Mini goal#1 get back to the weight i was before i gave up [x]
Mini goal#2 be 138 for my disney cruise []
Mini goal number 3 healthy bmi 132 []
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:20 AM   #98

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

I'm a little late in posting but wanted to join in the chat! I'm not sure what I'll be dressing up as for Halloween. If I do it'll probably be something simple I can put together, but it entirely depends on whether I even get invited to a party or not.

I've been struggling with my motivation (1, because I'm unhappy with my body shape despite my losses and 2, because I have been stuck in the lower 190s for what seems like forever to me) so I ate terribly this past week and I'm pretty sure I gained some although some of my weight gain is also bloat. (I'm down a pound from my weigh in yesterday.) It's discouraging, but I'm pretty sure I'm back on track and hopefully I'll keep losing.

levoguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:39 PM   #99
MILF

S/C/G: 220|150|135

Height: 5'4"

A week late, but I'm in! I need some accountability!
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:36 AM   #100
*Embrace Power*

I haven't decided on a Halloween costume yet either! My husband and I are still debating what we are going to do, but if we do dress up, I have a few ideas in mind! It has been a long time since I have dressed up for Halloween but I am even more excited since I will weigh less!
Old 09-03-2014, 03:33 AM   #101
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

I'm a little late as well, but something tells me that all this happy weight I gained from my current relationship is not helping the cause!

I'm pretty sure I'm near the 150 lb mark, but I will weigh in tomorrow morning and start this quest anew. :P

But yes with Halloween coming up, GAHHH! I can't even think that far! The bf thinks it'd be clever to be bacon and eggs (he LOVES bacon) hahaha. I suppose that'd be an easy make if that's the case.

G A L S ;
150 - "My license was not a lie!" (met: 2/3/14)
145 - "Normal? What's normal?" (met: 4/9/14 ; *MUST REDO* )
135 - "Not since freshman year of HS!"
125 - "It's middle school all over!"

Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:35 PM   #102
*Embrace Power*

Haha girl, I know about that happy relationship weight gain! I did the same thing when I met my husband, and when we got married I gained more. Of course it didn't bother me, and he loved the extra weight! But when I got pregnant, I put on the standard 30 lbs plus more, which is what I want to lose now. Though my husband loves me the way I am and still says I am beautiful and sexy, so I want to tone up my curves a tad, so I can at least fit better in my prepregnancy clothes!

Last edited by Pink Hurricane : 09-03-2014 at 02:36 PM.
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:21 PM   #103
5:2, The Fast Diet

S/C/G: 232.6/186.8/150

LOL @ happy relationship weight gain! I totally related to that. I gained almost 40 pounds in the first two years of my current relationship. That's now gone (whew), but now I have the daunting task of chipping away at the weight I've had all my life. Yikes.

Pink Hurricane, congrats on your little one. Sounds like you have a great goal, too. It's always nice to fit into old clothes!

Still no ideas for Halloween, though we did get an invite to a party...I've never done a costume meant for a couple. Anyone have ideas? The bacon and eggs one is cute, Atarimae!

Started Jan. 2013 | Mini Goal 1: Onederland - Reached 5/20/14| Mini Goal 2: 179 (no longer obese)
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:11 PM   #104

S/C/G: 220/189/145

Height: 5'

Looks like everyone is doing so well! My TOM started today and I'm glad, actually. It means I don't have to work around the bloat and extra weight gain in the middle of the month when I usually just see the gain and use it as an excuse to not try very hard for the remainder of the month
Old 09-03-2014, 06:08 PM   #105
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Pink Hurricane ~ Hahaha I'm glad you can relate! But wow at how your hubby is...it reminds me of the bf (The whole, "you're not fat, you're beautiful the way you are")! Although he's kind of struggling with happy weight gain too, so we might work on this together. Congrats on your little man by the way! I love all your tickers!

nonameslob ~ Wow good job on losing all that happy weight! Are you going for something sexy costume wise? Or just more of a couple's look? I doubt I'd be of great help, but I tend to search online (PINTEREST) for things like that.

curvynotlumpy ~ Ugh that reminder of TOM looming around the corner is scaring me. Hahaha, but at least it works in your favor to work your butt off for the rest of the month!

~~

Okay yeeep checked the damage this morning, and 5 lb gain in 5 months. Although it might not seem like much...if a trend of 1 lb a month continues throughout the relationship...well, let's just say I'm glad to have stopped the bleeding now.

G A L S ;
150 - "My license was not a lie!" (met: 2/3/14)
145 - "Normal? What's normal?" (met: 4/9/14 ; *MUST REDO* )
135 - "Not since freshman year of HS!"
125 - "It's middle school all over!"

Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.