None of my clothes fit (RANT)

• Well the last four months after meeting my Boyfriend I gained 15 pounds. boo

Now none of my clothes fit me and all though I'm starting over (yet again) to my weight loss journey it's going to be a slow process since I'm a shift worker and life sucks as one.

I feel like just throwing out all my clothes and buying new ones to fit my oh so new chubby body.
  • I gained about 40 pounds in the first two years of my current relationship (I had also started a new job at the same time and had a very long commute). I feel you. Not having anything to wear SUCKS. The thought of buying new clothes when you're trying to lose weight SUCKS.

But take a deep breath. It'll all work out and you won't be going to work naked. You've lost weight before and you can do it again.

My two cents, which I wish I had done sooner. Go through your whole wardrobe. Get rid of the stuff you will never wear again, even if it fits now or might fit later, because it's old or ugly or not flattering. Then make a pile of all the stuff you want to wear again. Put it away somewhere for when you're ready for it, like in a tote. Keep all the stuff that fits, buy yourself a few new, nice things and then supplement with cheaper items and thrift store finds. You'll feel better about yourself if you like what you're wearing, but you need to make a plan to get back into your old clothes and feeling better about yourself!

You got this.
  • Just buy some must have items like your work clothes.
  • I agree with noname, you should have a purge of your wardrobe. Keep smaller items only if they hold some sentimental value/you REALLY want to keep it. If it's just t-shirts and the such give it away to charity. I'm a firm believer in dress your size. You've regained weight, time to stop getting so angry at yourself about it and move on. I've recently regained weight too, 16 lbs overall, I was angry at myself for a long time to the point where I wasn't doing anything productive about it. I had to just accept it happened and look forward and stop dwelling on the past. Also, my Mum is someone who keeps clothes that are too small for her and it messes with her head big time. She has a constant reminder of the size she isn't, it's actually a huge problem. There are like 4 wardrobes worth of clothes in the house (mainly the attic) that are waiting for her...but it's not an exciting thing for her it's a reminder that she was once smaller. I know you're not going through this exactly, but it's just a point that clothes can either make you feel like sh!t or they can bring out your best features.

You can definitely get back on track, but it's time to drop the anger and the self-pity. I'm right here with you doing the exact same thing - looking forward!!