22, on medical LCD, looking for support!

• Hi everyone!

About 3 and a half weeks ago I started a medically supervised Low-Calorie Diet plan. My start weight was 242 (the highest I've ever been), and I've lost about 15 pounds now.

I'm generally quite healthy (by the grace of God). I don't have any red flags or anything; I've just needed to lose weight for a while. I have depression and anxiety--both of which got very bad last year (hence the weight gain).

The diet plan itself is bearable. It's three supplements and one small meal/snacks (4 oz. of lean meat, 3-4 cups of veggies, 1 fruit serving, 1 dairy serving optional). The supplements are actually pretty tasty and filling. I need to drink 120 oz of water a day as well, and I'm very happy with the results so far. Little things like noticing a glow in my skin have made me even happier than the weight loss itself (which--although is kind of noticeable--is something I've seen go up and down too often to be fazed by).

I do miss carbs, though. They're my greatest weakness! But honestly, I'm rarely hungry on the diet. The supplements are so filling.

I just wondered if anyone else was also on this type of diet!
  • Hello! I don't know about a 20-somethings specific thread, but you may want to check out the meal replacement, etc. area here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pack...craig-etc-194/ for people on similar programs.
  • Hi Livebird, I'm on a LCD too! we can talk
  • Hi Liverbird
    I see your post is from a while ago, but it looks like we are in similar situations so I thought I would comment.

I am 22, I started ideal protein 3 weeks ago at a weight of 240 lbs (about 15 lbs shy of my highest ever, which was in high school). Your LCD sounds really similar to IP: 3 protein packets (supplements) per day, plus 4 cups of non-starchy/ low-sugar veggies, 2 tsp of oil, and 5-8oz of meat. I don't get any fruit or dairy tho :-/ Anyway, you might want to look at the ideal protein thread (it is a sub-category under the pre-packaged diet category). It is really, really active, and there's lots of vegetable recipes there.

Congrats on the 30lbs gone so far!
    Lizzi