Old 07-06-2014, 08:50 AM   #1  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default "I Wore A Bikini And Nothing Happened" - Read this!

This article is great: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jenny-...b_5546206.html

I know it might sound hypocritical coming from I, someone who is running a weight loss challenge for bikini season, but I always try to stress that I run the challenges not to say "you will only look good if you lose weight" but rather "let's feel comfortable, if that means losing some pounds then so be it." Too many times I've seen people post "I'll never be bikini ready" or "I didn't reach my goal so I won't be in a bikini this year." It's really heart breaking to hear, I hate to think that what started out as a friendly challenge turns into the deciding factor on whether some people wear a bikini that year or not.

I think that attitudes towards the female figure need to change. It's ok to be whatever size you want to be as long as you're happy and you know the risks of being too lazy or even too active. I've regained weight, I'm heavier than when I was last seen in a bikini but I don't care. I have pudge, I've got some rolls here and there and hey, I see some cellulite on my legs too. But I don't care, I will be enjoying the beautiful seaside and reading a good book.

Sorry to vent, but I just wanted to share this!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:21 PM   #2  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

I needed to read this today
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:58 PM   #3  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

A good reminder. I need to work on my self confidence alongside the weight loss or I will never be happy with my body. Thanks.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:55 PM   #4  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Sometimes we all get swept up in pounds, calories, inches, dress sizes and looking at unrealistic models of what women should look like that we begin to feel ugly. But no one cares about our bodies, only we do!
Old 07-07-2014, 09:46 AM   #5  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

I read this earlier in the week too and thought it was good. But other people DO care about our bodies because people still get harassed at the beach. The thing is that we just have to work to shut that out and realize that it says more about the harasser than the harassed. I think she looks good in her suit.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:08 AM   #6  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiKai View Post
I read this earlier in the week too and thought it was good. But other people DO care about our bodies because people still get harassed at the beach. The thing is that we just have to work to shut that out and realize that it says more about the harasser than the harassed. I think she looks good in her suit.
Yeah, there are people out there who are just bullies. Personally I've never been harassed about my weight in adult life, other than men pointing out how giant my boobs were =/

Last edited by Riestrella; 07-08-2014 at 06:08 AM.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:24 PM   #7  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

I agree. For me, it's much more about how I'm comfortable than about how other's see me. I'm massivly motivated by the former, and only slightly (and inconsistently) motivated by the latter.

And as for the article, I completely agree with her (and I thought her bikini was so cute!). I don't give two craps about what other people wear to the beach. Who cares? Also, as a formerly obese and currently overweight person, it's not like I'm unused to seeing fat and rolls and cellulite. My eyes are not offended.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:57 AM   #8  
Eater of All Cakes

S/C/G: 214/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Awesome post I have never worn a bikini and don't think I would. Then again that may change if I were comfortable with my appearance.

Thanks for such a positive post!
SophiasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:28 AM   #9  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

<.< Some of the comments on it were awesome too.

Honestly, this sort of made me feel... guilty?... for not just swimming. I haven't gone swimming for 5 years because I'm fat. Swimming is the thing I love the MOST. I love it, and... I'm too ashamed to go. I liked someone's comment on the article: "I'm too busy enjoying my life than worrying about hiding myself at to not offend someone who is judgmental." Or... something like that.

Who knows, maybe I'll go swimming.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote