May Daily chat

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Happy Memorial Day guys! Sadly I am working but someone has to!

Noname that's is great!!! My drivers license is a big ol lie right now but by the time I need to renew it I don't think it will be

I got on the scale out of curiosity sunday morning (I like to see how much "damage" there is for the beginning of the week) and it was 199, not making it official until Thursday but maybe I can get to 198 by the 31st!! Heres to hoping and working for it of course!!
  • I hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend.

My laptop broke a few weeks back and I finally got it replaced. I haven't been doing much weighing in or eating as clean as I should but I hopped on the scale this morning and I've neither gained nor lost but I'm ok with that. I had my cousin's wedding yesterday and I got complimented plenty on my weight-loss and my dress. It's only roughly 20 lbs but I guess the Spanx and my corset thingy made it look like I lost about 30 lol

Leaving for Europe in 3+ weeks and hope to be solidly below 180 before I go. Hope everyone's doing well
  • xopeaceandlovexo I bet you'll have no problem getting there! You can do it!

Welcome back MrsDeenz It must have felt awesome to get those compliments, even with a little help from Spanx. Hopefully being back on 3FC will also help motivate you to get ready for your trip. Where in Europe are you going?

I had a good, long weekend. Indulged a lot less than usual on the weekend (we canoe camped, so we could only eat what we brought with us!) and only had two beers (much, much less than my normal weekend drinking...heh) so I feel much better today than I normally would after a weekend and I'm really motivated to stay under 200 (I was a bit above this morning, as I also do my "damage control weigh-in!) and hit my goals for May.

I noticed looking at pictures my bf took at me, more and more I could see one and say, "that's not bad." Whereas before, I hated pretty much every picture of me.
  • Well, I've been MIA for a week due to mold exposure :/ I did end up losing a few pounds while I was stuck in bed, although I didn't really "earn" that loss, but it was nice to look at myself in the mirror this morning and actually see the weight loss - until now, I haven't really noticed much of a difference. I know it's from being sick, but it's definitely motivating me to keep going!

My clothes are also becoming too big to wear now; my favorite halter top slipped so far down that I flashed myself in the mirror, lol. I love to sew, but I've never had to take anything in before - guess I'll need to learn how
  • futureformerfisher Hope you're doing better now! Being sick sucks, but when you lose weight from it, it's a great motivator Yay for being able to see your progress!

I'm not back down to my pre-weekend weight yet even after yesterday's fast, but damn close. I should easily be below it after tomorrow's fast, and I'm keeping it really light today as well. I'd love to see 197 Friday morning.
  • Clothes, what are you doing?! My favorite work pants are getting baggy in the butt, so I tried on the EXACT same pants in a different color today and they were kind of tight! What's up with that?

In other news, I had Taco Bell for lunch and I'm feeling kind of guilty, but I did keep it light, and I'm having a slighty healthier dinner, so... Hey, it's better than Burger King, right? (It actually is much healthier, I did a project comparing them and another one in high school - TB won)
  • Melarie, oh no! Maybe the one pair was always a bit tighter than the other but you never noticed until now? Either way, I hope you're having to buy new ones soon

I've actually only eaten Taco Bell twice in my life, but I have heard that depending on what you get it can be a good option. Nothing to feel guilty about as long as you're aren't making a habit of it. I'd never be able to entirely cut out fast food. Sometimes you just have a craving or you find a way to work it into your "plan."

I'm eating out at my local pub with a friend tonight and greatly looking forward to it. However, she always orders an appetizer (even when I say I don't want any, she gets it and then I feel obligated to eat some!)...hopefully I can convince her we don't need it.
  • Quote: Clothes, what are you doing?! My favorite work pants are getting baggy in the butt, so I tried on the EXACT same pants in a different color today and they were kind of tight! What's up with that?

In other news, I had Taco Bell for lunch and I'm feeling kind of guilty, but I did keep it light, and I'm having a slighty healthier dinner, so... Hey, it's better than Burger King, right? (It actually is much healthier, I did a project comparing them and another one in high school - TB won)
    Do you wear the second pair less often than the first? Maybe the first pair are more "broken in" than the second, which is why the second ones are a little tighter. Might just need to be worn in a little more!

Speaking of clothes, I officially fit in nothing right now. All of my current clothes are too big to wear, and all of my old clothes are still way too small. Except for the stuff I bought a couple weeks ago for working out, I have nothing to wear, and I don't want to spend money on clothes I'll (hopefully) only wear for a month or two :|
  • Quote: Melarie, oh no! Maybe the one pair was always a bit tighter than the other but you never noticed until now? Either way, I hope you're having to buy new ones soon

I've actually only eaten Taco Bell twice in my life, but I have heard that depending on what you get it can be a good option. Nothing to feel guilty about as long as you're aren't making a habit of it. I'd never be able to entirely cut out fast food. Sometimes you just have a craving or you find a way to work it into your "plan."

I'm eating out at my local pub with a friend tonight and greatly looking forward to it. However, she always orders an appetizer (even when I say I don't want any, she gets it and then I feel obligated to eat some!)...hopefully I can convince her we don't need it.
    I do eat it kind of often, because it's so cheap and on the way home from work. Plus it's my favorite. But I do eat it, and all other fast food much less these days. As a kid, we had a thing in my family where we ate out every Friday, then it became 2-3 times a week when my parents split, now I'm back to no more than once a week. If I do go over that, I try to get something like Arby's or Subway so at least it's not greasy burgers and fries.

That's how my family is, except it's dessert instead. My family is crazy about dessert and it's sooo hard not to order something when everyone else is, so I typically do get something. But it's ok, because I don't eat out with them too often.
    Quote: Do you wear the second pair less often than the first? Maybe the first pair are more "broken in" than the second, which is why the second ones are a little tighter. Might just need to be worn in a little more!

Speaking of clothes, I officially fit in nothing right now. All of my current clothes are too big to wear, and all of my old clothes are still way too small. Except for the stuff I bought a couple weeks ago for working out, I have nothing to wear, and I don't want to spend money on clothes I'll (hopefully) only wear for a month or two :|
    The second pair I actually tried on in the store, I don't own them. So they are brand new, but still. The other ones I've only had 3 weeks and I remember them fitting perfect when I bought them, even before I lost 10 pounds. It just struck me as odd. And I have the same issue of needing new clothes, but not wanting to spend the money in case they don't fit in a month. I had maybe 3 outfits for work when I started. I have more now, but I still feel like it's not enough.
  • Quote: The second pair I actually tried on in the store, I don't own them. So they are brand new, but still. The other ones I've only had 3 weeks and I remember them fitting perfect when I bought them, even before I lost 10 pounds. It just struck me as odd. And I have the same issue of needing new clothes, but not wanting to spend the money in case they don't fit in a month. I had maybe 3 outfits for work when I started. I have more now, but I still feel like it's not enough.
    That's weird... I'd chalk it up to differences between manufacturers or even styles, but it's the same exact pair of pants. I wonder if they were mislabeled and you were really trying on the next size down?

I give up on clothes for now. I love clothes, but now I'm getting frustrated that nothing I own fits. I've resigned to wear baggy jeans until I can squeeze back into my few pairs of size 9s, haha. I have been playing with some old tops and figuring out how to take stuff in, but I don't want to do that now, then again in another 20 pounds, then again... I'm afraid I'll ruin the fabric if I keep doing it.
  • Futureformerfisher, ugh I know that feeling! The last time I was in that spot, I actually had a ton of luck at goodwill (rare for me) and that's gotten me through until I fit into the next size. But now I have nothing smaller to fit into! Making another goodwill trip today to drop off my bigger clothes, though I hope you're able to find a t least a few things to get you through!

Melarie, I've heard that clothes can vary up to three inches within the same size just due to manufacturer discrepencies. Crazy.

My eating hasn't been great this weekend, but I went on a ten mile bike ride yesterday. That was my exercise goal in april, but we just didnt have the time. My longest bike ride yet, and I really enjoyed it.
  • Even clearance racks at nicer stores are good for inbetween clothes. I went shopping the other day and found some great stuff marked down cheaper than you'd find at kmart. I mean like, pants for 5 bucks, shirts for 2, I couldn't believe it.
  • Getting frustrated. Was 157 a couple of weeks ago then bounced up to 158 and been bouncing between 158 and 161 ever since. 159 today, think TOM due.