3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

May Daily chat

Old 05-18-2014, 08:05 PM   #31
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

well, im down almost a kilo and a half, which is exciting, except when you consider i have lost and regained this same kilo and a half all year. But still. At least I am now exercising 4 times a week and attempting to log food (even if i do sometimes get to dinner and think "well, I have no idea what this is. I can't even. Even if i knew what it was, I dont know how much of it i had. It was something delicious though. Does MFP have "something delicious" in it??" Anyway...

fisher- oh man, the image of your gym outfit...I'm sure his wow was more in response to your loss

noname- congrats on your loss, that must feel amazing!

LEMON CHICKEN CRACKERS

"If you want to get thin, stick the mars bar up your a** and get a rottweiler to chase you down the street"- Billy Connolly
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:43 AM   #32
5:2, The Fast Diet

S/C/G: 232.6/189/150

Height: 5'5"

futureformerfisher I hope you didn't lose your wedding rings, but man that must feel awesome! It seems to take forever for fingers to show any loss. You must feel like a million bucks after all those NSVs, especially your husband's comment

Iconised Ghost Good job on the 1.5 kilos (I think that's about 3 pounds?) I know how you feel about logging food. I don't do it often, but I used to try to do it daily. So time consuming, especially when you really don't know what to put in.

May is going by way too quickly and with not much to show for a loss. I'm hoping to get back into my routine this week after a stressful week at work and really kick it up a notch at the gym.

Started Jan. 2013 | Mini Goal 1: Onederland - Reached 5/20/14| Mini Goal 2: 179 (no longer obese)
My Fitness Tumblr - Fasting for Fitness
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:58 PM   #33

Hey ppl... Accidentally came across this thread today... Looks cool!!! I am going to hang around here for sure.. I am someone who has been trying to lose some 40+ pounds since last September... Have lost close to 13lbs so far.. But keep losing the same 5 lbs over and over by gaining them again and again.. Stuck at around 182 lbs for the last 3 months.. One reason being I havent done anything about it for a while.. It is so motivating to see you ppl around here. This time I am going to be more determined and make sure I do atleast one thing about losing weight on a day.. I crave sugar which doesnt help much.. but my biggest problem is staying away from home and I eat when I feel unhappiness in any form...

Hope hanging around here helps me and the others

(Update to the tracker is done only when I see a change that is permanent.. I wait for atleast two consecutive values before I change)

Last edited by nlauah : 05-20-2014 at 01:59 PM.
nlauah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:42 PM   #34

S/C/G: 181/141.8/125

Height: 5'3"

So, I weigh 10 pounds more than I did last year. My relationship with my now fiance has improved greatly and we just picked out our wedding bands two days ago. =) We think we've got our venue locked down as well and have some great fun ideas for decorating!

I work full time now but it's really rough so I applied for grad school. My app should be completed today. Hopefully I'll have an answer in no more than 3 weeks. I'm scared I'll be rejected as I've kind of placed the outcome of my entire future on this one decision... If I get in, I'll go part time so I don't die of exhaustion!

I don't work out anymore as I don't seem to have the energy. So I've started juicing and hope to stabilize my diet before anything else.

And the sun is finally out. <3
Old 05-20-2014, 04:30 PM   #35
stop wishing, start doing

S/C/G: 215/196/150

Height: 5'7

Welcome to the group nlauah and lovedancelive!!!!

nlauah I find this place to be a great motivator as well. There absolutely has to be self-motivation but sometimes its just not there!!! but knowing you can log on here and see that others are getting exercise and staying on plan can help you stay that way too, I find that true especially with the challenge groups

lovedancelive Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!! Also good luck with getting into grad school how exciting!! and nerve wracking lol.

I got pretty off track this weekend so I am scared that will show on the scale oooh well all I can do is get back on track & try to burn a little extra to make up for eating crap, although it was extremely delicious crap
I am happy to read everyone else's losses though and NSV way to go guys!!!! I will be hoping for mine to come next week. Hope y'all are having a great week

"We lose ourselves in the things we love, we find ourselves there too."

There are seven days in a week and someday isn't one of them!!!
xopeaceandlovexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:45 PM   #36

nlauah Welcome! This place is definitely motivating. I hope it helps you get back into your groove.

lovedancelive Congratulations! Maybe the juicing will give you the energy you need to work out again. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Crossing my fingers you get into grad school.

xopeaceandlovexo It's not crap if it's delicious LOL As long as you enjoyed yourself and are getting back on track, shouldn't beat yourself up over that. No need to step back on the scale if you're afraid of it. Might as well wait until you think you'll see good news

This week is going really well. I have a ton of energy, my eating has been good, I've planned my food well. The scale has been kind and my clothes have been also. I'm down about 2.6 pounds this month so far, which is already a pound better than April and there's still more than a week left in the month. Feeling much more positive this week than last.

Started Jan. 2013 | Mini Goal 1: Onederland - Reached 5/20/14| Mini Goal 2: 179 (no longer obese)
Old 05-21-2014, 03:08 PM   #37
stop wishing, start doing

S/C/G: 215/196/150

Height: 5'7

Yes I have figured out I am ok without the refined sugars I thought I would miss, but I love fried foods. so much so I have one fried something a week!

noname you are in onederland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is so great!!! and even greater you are having a better month than April, which means you are in onederland to stay!! Great job & keep it up woohoo

on that note I'll see ya later gaters, have a great hump day!

"We lose ourselves in the things we love, we find ourselves there too."

There are seven days in a week and someday isn't one of them!!!
xopeaceandlovexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:46 AM   #38
funny mummy

S/C/G: 166/152.5/130

Height: 5ft 6"

Good morning everyone I usually lurk but really need to start posting properly to support everyone and actually be involved in this community. Its raining here in England but we had several lovely days of sunshine and I got a good hours walk in yesterday with the kids 1lb down this morning, still a way to go but happy!
For the first time my gardening has actually worked! I have an entire raised bed of mixed salad leaves, spinach, rocket, kale etc. I have been picking from it everyday to make lovely low cal salads or free. Its definitely the way to go
Lilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:54 AM   #39

xopeaceandlovexo Thanks Holy cow, you are so close, too!!! I'm down another half pound today. Hopefully I don't undo everything this weekend and the scale just keeps moving farther away from that "2".

Lilbert Your garden sounds so lovely. I am jealous! The weather wasn't kind this year so I wasn't able to try lettuce, but I have a few other things going. I hope the sun starts shining so you can start to walk again.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:59 AM   #40

Thanks for the warm welcome!!!

Iconized ghost Our stats are so similar and our goals are quite the same.... and I totally agree with losing the same few kilos/lbs over and over... Hope we sustain the loss this time around

(Update to the tracker is done only when I see a change that is permanent.. I wait for atleast two consecutive values before I change)
nlauah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:40 AM   #41

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

im down 10lbs yaaay but more to go.

Mini goal#1 get back to the weight i was before i gave up [x]
Mini goal#2 be 138 for my disney cruise []
Mini goal number 3 healthy bmi 132 []
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:39 PM   #42

Good job skittles!

My boyfriend texted me just now, "According to the outdated pseudoscience I'm not longer obese today." Haha so basically his BMI is in the overweight range Proud of him!

We've lost the exact same amount of poundage. I have 20 pounds to go until my BMI is out of the obese range, though. I don't think he set out to lose weight, but when I started 5:2, he made some that mimic mine and the weight just came right off. He used to eat out for breakfast and lunch every day. Now he just eats a granola bar and a yogurt during the day, and then dinner at home. Plus he's super active at work.

If only I could lose weight as fast as him :P I've been at it about twice as long haha But still proud!

Old 05-22-2014, 04:51 PM   #43
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I'm up a kilo?? How?? Again?? Ugh. Im going to the gym. Begrudgingly.

LEMON CHICKEN CRACKERS

"If you want to get thin, stick the mars bar up your a** and get a rottweiler to chase you down the street"- Billy Connolly
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:57 PM   #44

S/C/G: 181/141.8/125

Height: 5'3"

My weight is hovering around 144/145. I'm trying to eat better. I've mostly been eating carrots, hummus, strawberries, yogurt, and Triscuits but I have discovered that Triscuits are not something I can eat like an adult...so I won't be buying them anymore...

I am so tired at the end of the day, there is no way I can workout. My diet is just going to have to do most of the work.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:44 AM   #45

I just realized this is the first time in my entire life that my weight on my driver's license has been more than my actual weight! I renewed my license a year and a half ago, and was about 225 when I filled it out and put 200 pounds, which was a big increase from the previous optimistic weight on my license of 160.. (when have I ever weight 160 in my adult life? Never!)

*does a dance*

Also, my boyfriend filled out a fishing license for me today. They ask the height and he wrote 5'10 I wish. He's 6'...he should know I'm more than 2" shorter than him.

Iconised Ghost You'll get back on track. How was the gym?

lovedancelive I am the same way with Laughing Cow cheese. I eat the whole thing in one sitting, so I had to stop buying them. Nothing wrong with focusing entirely on diet.

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.