3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

April Daily Chat

Old 04-11-2014, 03:03 PM   #31
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Ally- it sounds big! You guys get so many famous people! We're getting Justin Timberlake this year. It's very expensive so most of us won't go lol. Maybe someone famous will also come next year xD I hate when weight gets stuck! A hard hit of exercise does usually get it going again though. It's our body's amazing (and somewhat irritating) ability to adapt I guess

Noname- interesting since here bacon isn't as much of a problem! It's in things like wine, balsamic vinegar and dried fruit a lot, but can be in anything as preservative numbers 220-228, colour 150b and d, or if its a small amount, it could be in anything and not declared. It's often used to stop things going brown or make them more brown too- so if you are out to eat then fries are out, lots of breads are out, salad is out because they might spray it with sulfites. You have to watch out for things that might have been bleached with sulfites too, like tea bags, flour, etc. Nightmarish

Brushing your teeth is a great idea, but i feel like then i would be brushing all freaking night some days!! Congrats on your progress though- would love to see progress pics

LEMON CHICKEN CRACKERS

"If you want to get thin, stick the mars bar up your a** and get a rottweiler to chase you down the street"- Billy Connolly
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:54 PM   #32

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

I'm making some progress I'm eating mostly healthy.ive got 2 confirmed health issues and 3 other things there running tests on.No gym for me for awhile

Mini goal#1 get back to the weight i was before i gave up [x]
Mini goal#2 be 138 for my disney cruise []
Mini goal number 3 healthy bmi 132 []
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:26 AM   #33
This is not a test.

hope your health is going well Skittles, its a terrible thing when the mind is willing but the body just won't come to the party.

so it turns out that watching Once Were Warriors on your own is a rather depressing experience. I knew I should have rewatched Sherlock instead

LEMON CHICKEN CRACKERS

"If you want to get thin, stick the mars bar up your a** and get a rottweiler to chase you down the street"- Billy Connolly
Old 04-16-2014, 05:30 AM   #34
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

hi guys,

How are you all? It's been a long time since I join the daily chat I still keep everyone of 3FC in my mind though (everytime I did a bad choice I would come here just to reflect on myself - haha don't know if any of you do it too?).

I'm wondering if I can ever go back to wear size 4/6 US? I gained only about 3-4cm in bottom size and now i'm at size 8/10 >"< It's been ~10 years since i've stucked at this size. Seriously My DH said it's quite impossible because 12 years ago my body might not fully develop yet that's why I could squeeze myself into size 6, but hey !!!!!!!!!! I saw a lot of people in here can go lower than their teen measurements and i'm just hoping, you know.....

Hope you have a wonderful day >"< Sorry for the rambling frustration

Yes, you can stop eating! There WILL be another meal.

Last edited by Annita : 04-16-2014 at 05:31 AM.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:00 AM   #35
5:2, The Fast Diet

S/C/G: 232.6/189/150

Height: 5'5"

skittlesfirehawk oh take care of yourself! I hope the health issues are treatable and won't hinder you from going to the gym too long.

Annita hi! I am fairly new so I wouldn't remember you, but it's great to hear that 3FC has been helpful even when you're not posting

I think it's worth trying if you really want to get down to a smaller size, but it might involve a LOT of hard work at the gym! Good luck. I hope you're able to make your goal.

---

I've been struggling with food lately, to the point where my bf probably thinks I'm about to rip his head off. We're going away this weekend and he said that he'd like to eat better than we usually do while camping. So I plan this really nice, healthy menu, get almost everything prepped except a couple of meals, and ask his opinion on what I should get for those last couple of meals. He comes to the store with me and we end up getting stuff to make burgers (bison, at least, which is leaner but still), chips and dip, and some other crap. I was too frustrated to even say anything. I have a ton of snacks already prepped (apples w/PB, hummus w/carrots...) Then he tells me he didn't mean HEALTHY he just meant he didn't want to go COMPLETELY overboard. Whatever that means. It's gonna take a lot of willpower for me to eat appropriate portions this weekend.

Started Jan. 2013 | Mini Goal 1: Onederland - Reached 5/20/14| Mini Goal 2: 179 (no longer obese)
My Fitness Tumblr - Fasting for Fitness
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:18 AM   #36
stop wishing, start doing

S/C/G: 215/196/150

Height: 5'7

Morning ladies!! I know its halfway through the month n all but I'd love to join =) I am new to 3FC but am doing well on my diet plan. The most difficult part for me was adding the exercise which for the past two weeks I have been doing great with, at 5 days a week and 45 minutes a day. I do cardio and strength training right now but once I get more comfortable with this I am excited to switch it up a bit to really get results. My food plan right now is quite broad, basically its clean eating mostly raw veggies & fruit, meat and nuts. Thinking about starting a food journal too b/c I haven't seen as much weight loss as I'd like to but am hoping that's from building muscle. I look forward to getting to know everyone here and sharing our successes and set backs!! Have a happy, healthy day all =)
xopeaceandlovexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:10 AM   #37

Easter is Sunday yaay.im going to eat what I want but try not to pig out.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:09 AM   #38

xopeaceandlovexo Welcome! Sounds like you've got a great start. It's amazing what a week or two of food journaling can do for your eating...I'd give it a shot

skittlesfirehawk How did Easter go?

I'm in a food rut. This usually happens in Spring, after a winter of eating warm, yummy stews and soups. I'm sick of soup and stew and it's too nice out for it! I need to dig into my recipes and find some nice lighter, cooler foods and grilling recipes. The problem isn't just figuring out what I want to eat...but what the bf would also eat.

Anyway, this weekend was mostly good. Over-ate and over-drank, but totally worked my butt off hiking!

Started Jan. 2013 | Mini Goal 1: Onederland - Reached 5/20/14| Mini Goal 2: 179 (no longer obese)
Old 04-22-2014, 11:17 AM   #39

Easter went good.So much food I ate what I wanted then stopped.I ended up going to UNOs late that nite as well.i got a personal on 9 grain.The gym is put for right now.all my tests came back good but my body hasn't gotten the message.

Nonameslob IHiking is great did you see any animals?i try not to worry about holidays since there only normally one or 2 days.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:28 PM   #40
This is not a test.

noname: you take your talk of spring back we're getting into autumn here and I do not like it one bit! I have to have my heater on at work now, and take a shawl to keep warm! I bought new boots the other day and nearly got the slow cooker out! Arg! Is your bf a picker eater?

skittles- I hear you on the body not getting the message! I'm just getting back into running- i've got the psych down, I've got the breathing, but my legs just run out of energy. I'm like "come oooon! run!!!" and theyre like "nope, we got nothing". But that's good that the tests came back with good news the body will come to the party one day I'm sure!

peace- welcome! A food diary is a really good idea, lots of studies show it helps a lot and more knowledge means more power right?

So it IS getting cooler here and more like jeans weather- unfortunately my jeans don't fit so comfy at the moment, but I refuse to buy more- this is fueling me to get to the gym even as it gets darker...and darker...and colder...

LEMON CHICKEN CRACKERS

Old 04-22-2014, 03:53 PM   #41

skittlesfirehawk We saw some birds including a woodpecker (and heard plenty of those), but there really wasn't too much there surprisingly!

Iconised Ghost Oh didn't realize you were a Kiwi :P You must be happy that the sweltering hot summer is behind you, though! Yes, he IS a picky eater. Funny, today I asked what he wanted for dinner and he said, "I don't know, I'm not feeling picky today." LOL LIES! I'm sure you'll get back into your jeans comfortably soon. It is certainly motivation

I was hoping to go on a bike ride tonight but it looks like rain. Guess I need to drag my butt to the gym...

Ahh, and there's the rain. I can smell it and it hasn't even started yet!

Old 04-23-2014, 03:06 AM   #42
This is not a test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
You must be happy that the sweltering hot summer is behind you, though!
don't give me that, I freaking love sweltering hot. Anything over 25 degrees is lovely for me. The more humidity the better too! The only good thing about autumn are boots and chestnuts. And they are poor compared to the heat of summer!

haha what a liar liar pants on fire- make what you want then, and he can take from it what he wants and make something else himself if he doesnt like it??

LEMON CHICKEN CRACKERS

Old 04-23-2014, 08:50 AM   #43

Iconised Ghost Well, then we can switch spots when summer ramps up here I only like the heat if I'm on the beach, and that doesn't happen often enough!

We actually ended up having chicken kabobs last night that were AWESOME. Tons and tons of veggies (mostly potatoes for him though lol). They are easy enough to customize...Made shrimp kabobs last week. I think it'll be a once a week thing for a while until he gets sick of it :P

---

I am feeling MUCH better about my weight today. I was getting really down about going a week without a loss, and then the 5 pound gain after my weekend away. I'm still a pound above my lowest, but with my fast tomorrow I'm on track for a loss this week. Plus the pants I'm wearing today are looser than they were last week. I knew I got upset over nothing, but sometimes it's hard to listen to logic.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:14 AM   #44
stop wishing, start doing

S/C/G: 215/196/150

Height: 5'7

noname my weight hasn't budged yet since I started working out over 2 weeks ago!! It frustrates me but I am trying so hard to use it as motivation to be better!

Also kabobs are great!! this just reminded me that it is GRILLING SEASON oh I could eat grilled chicken every night!! that is pretty exciting

have a great day all
xopeaceandlovexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:47 PM   #45

peaceandlove, it will budge soon enough! Are you measuring too?

I added half an avocado to my otherwise delicious lunch and it was absolutely disgusting. I hate having to "waste" calories on something I don't like. At least I know I can throw the other half out. I guess I forgot that I'm not a huge avocado fan. Sigh.

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.