Old 04-09-2014, 09:21 AM   #16  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

paigeinabook I'm so glad you said that, because I thought maybe I was crazy. I miiiiight give it a try when I go to the gym tonight, maybe start with intervals. You guys have inspired me. Just don't expect me to ever say that I love running. It won't happen :P

cleanslate that's okay, I was totally excited when I got my ticker too so I understand! Great work so far! How long as it taken you to lose the first 32 pounds?
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:34 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 310/290.8/199

Height: 5'7

ugh I can't wait to get a ticker lol!!!
mb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:44 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 243/seeticker/170

Height: 5'11

hahaha cleanslate, I was the same way when I finally had been a member long enough to put it up. So exciting!
paigeinabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:30 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 264.8 / 220.8 / 140

Height: 5' 5.5"

In answer to your question nonameslob
it took me 42 days to drop the 32 lbs, I started Feb 26, 2014.
My starting weight is the highest I have ever been.

Now I need to remember how to go in and change the weight loss ticker.

Last edited by cleanslate; 04-10-2014 at 12:32 AM. Reason: added another comment
cleanslate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:30 AM   #20  
Call me NNS!

Wow, that is incredible! Great work! It's taken me over a year to lose about the same amount. This tortoise-pace weight loss can be frustrating.

You should be able to edit your signature and change the numbers there in the code for the tracker.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:09 AM   #21  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

I went to the yankee game last night.It was fun but i ate like crap but its also my tom.Ill be eating eh saturday and sunday too.Im going to keep eating healthy no matter if i make a few not so good choices i may slavage this week yet.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:13 PM   #22  

skittlesfirehawk You go girl!

On another topic... I can no longer fit into any of my clothes in my wardrobe. I have VERY FEW 18s (because I made the commitment to lose before I had to buy too many pants that size), and lots of 16s. But the 16s are now too big. I don't have anything size 14/13 because I guess when I gained weight I went straight from size 12 to size 16... So I have lots of things in size 12 but nothing in between. I figure in about a month I will fit into my size 12 stuff (first time since high school!) but for now I don't want to be wearing baggy stuff at all. I want it to look like I've lost weight not have clothes draped over me. I just don't see the point in investing $50 on new pants and shorts if I will only be wearing them for a few weeks though. I guess I will just wait it out.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:43 PM   #23  
Call me NNS!

skittles Keep it up!

paige How about dresses? Wrap dresses especially seem to fit well longer since you can adjust it with the tie-around (unfortunately they don't seem to be "in" this season because I haven't had any luck finding a wrap dress...) Maybe you can buy something with spandex? Thrift shop? You'll feel better with clothes that fit, though. Just some thoughts.

I know if I didn't work at an office I'd be wearing my flowy hippy skirts every day, and I'm crossing my fingers they will continue to fit me for a while because I have a really nice collection. At least until the festival I go to every summer!

Once I shrink out of these 16s I'll be in new territory...I don't own a single pair of 14s and honestly can't remember the last time I wore that size...maybe freshman year of college in 2008-09? I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am about that, but my wallet isn't...lol Hello, thrift stores!

I don't feel anywhere close to that, though. It took 25 pounds before I dropped a size from 18 to 16! (I was, granted, squeeeeezing into my 18s). But I imagine the gap between sizes will decrease as my weight decreases.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:01 PM   #24  

noname What festival do you go to every summer??
Old 04-10-2014, 07:31 PM   #25  
Call me NNS!

Philadelphia Folk Fest. Its not one of those huge ones like Bonnaroo.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:25 PM   #26  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

hey everyone, I'm not new, but am back after a long absence...trying to get back into it and struggling. I know what to do, I know what works for me and what doesn't, I know why I want to do it and what my motivations are, but doing it is really hard, I don't know why. I have more time than ever now to work out, plan meals, cook. But I just do well for a few weeks and then go rapidly off track. I think it all just seems so hard sometimes. I was recently diagnosed with sulfite sensitivity, which does limit what I can have too- without getting into boring details, that gets really frustrating. So its almost like I get frustrated, say screw it if I can't eat what everyone else can then I'm going to eat the **** out of what I can. And then I see how fit and healthy I was a while ago and am really fed up with where i am but also really stuck with it too. Repeat this cycle for a few months- I am now really over my own crap!

I know I'm probably trying to go from zero to a hundred and restart doing everything all at once- run every day, eat well AND sulfite free, keep the house tidy, blah blah blah- and should really make a plan to go gradually. But I feel like since I did it before, I should be able to just pick up where I left off. But obviously that approach isn't working.

SO SICK OF MY OWN BULLSHIT JUST DO SOMETHING>.<

Anyway, its nice to meet all you new people, dont do what I do, it will drive you crazy
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:22 AM   #27  

Hi Ghost!! Nice to meet you, I too understand your dilemma. I used to run track in high school but college packed on the freshman 25... Which also turned into the sophomore 20 and the junior 30.... So yeah. By my senior year I was fed up and I knew I needed to get back into running but it is hard to do some 60 lbs overweight and expecting your mile time to be 7:50 again. So here we both are, trying to huff and puff our ways through a few miles but at least we are doing it!! The sulfite thing I only understand from the medication side... Can't imagine what foods you are limited to with that sensitivity. I would have had the same mindset as you as far as that goes. But you seem to have determination and by god I know you can get healthy again! Stop here and there each day and consider the food making it's way to your mouth. Will you truly
Be happy with yourself later after eating it? If not, put it down and grab some fruits or vegetables instead. Eat slowly. Your body wil tell you when stop. And welcome!!

noname oh I actually was hoping bonnaroo because I go every year.... My boyfriends home town is in the same county so we always end up working as beer vendors for a couple of hours a day and get in free. You would love bonnaroo if you're a festival girl! I look so forward to it every year!! So many cool and nice and interesting people to meet. And Elton John this year?!!! Are you kidding me?? It's gonna be legendary. (No need to even wait for it.... If you get the reference lol)
Old 04-11-2014, 02:30 AM   #28  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Hi Paige, thanks for the welcome back I hear you on the run times- god it is painful to be so slow! The medication side of sulfites isnt too bad for me as long as I dont end up needing emergency medicine, adrenaline and that kind of thing. It's more a problem in food because it is used as a colour and a preservative- but manufacturers only have to declare if their food contains sulfites over 10 ppm. That's roughly 10mg/kg- I can start reacting to 0.5mg of pure sulfite salt, so I'm a little bit f***ed!! I am getting better with the eating (having had to give up a lot of things) and I do feel a lot better for it (no one is prouder of my 2 week no-biscuit streak!) but I get so tired sometimes, I can go over board on even "healthy" stuff- really I should just go to bed!

What's a bonnaroo
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:21 AM   #29  
05/01/2023

S/C/G: 232.6/232.6/150

Height: 5'6"

Iconised Ghost - Bonnaroo is an awesome music festival in Manchester, Tennessee. I used to go every year since 2007 but I stopped going after 2011. I get free tickets from the street team each year but I decided to try something new for my vacation in 2012 (Caribbean cruise). I was going to go to Bonnaroo again last year but wasn't a big fan of the lineup - instead I went out to Colorado and saw the Avett Brothers/Old Crow Medicine Show at Red Rocks and Bob Dylan/Wilco/MMJ/Richard Thompson in Peoria, IL on the way back. I don't like this year's lineup either but only because I'm still mad at Kayne West for being late in 2008 (I'm actually more pissed that he dissed Phil Lesh) and I've already seen Elton John (free concert here last summer). I wouldn't mind seeing Jack White again but there's other places I can see him this summer. I have a choice between two free tickets to Bonnaroo or two 3-day passes to Forecastle through the street team this year. I'm thinking about going to Forecastle. I really want to see Outkast and Beck this summer. Jack White is also playing Forecastle. I'm not sure if I'll have enough money for gas and hotel (my vacation fund is still drained from my latest adventure) so it will probably be a last minute decision if I decide to go. For now, I have Saturday in the Park to look forward to at the beginning of July. It's a free one-day festival only an hour drive from here that has The Avett Brothers, Bonnie Raitt and Ziggy Marley playing.

To make this post relevant to weight loss - I'd like to be under 170 pounds by Forecastle which is at the end of July. My weight loss has slowed down considerably in the past two weeks so I don't know if I'll make it. I've been stuck between 190.2 and 190.8 for the past three days. I think I need to start exercising again. I've been slacking off since I got back from the Live Loud Music Festival cruise at the end of February (it was a ton of fun and some of the bands I saw on the ship are going to be at Roo this year as cafe artists - Bronze Radio Return was really good and will probably be playing Roo Thursday night).

Last edited by AllyG47; 04-11-2014 at 04:24 AM.
AllyG47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:16 AM   #30  
Call me NNS!

Iconised Ghost wow, I only had ever heard of sulfites in relation to bacon. It sounds like it's in a lot more foods than that! Welcome back to 3FC. And so true about sometimes needing to go to bed instead of eating. lol I try to get in the habit of brushing my teeth when I get that late night craving, but it certainly doesn't always work!

paigeinabook if I had the money and the vacation time, I'd be all over Bonnaroo! I actually live a half hour from where they hold Firefly, one of the new big festivals, but it sounds overrun with teenagers that want nothing more than to be high on molly the entire time. Eep. The folk fest is super low key. It will probably be our last one though, since we are planning a move to Colorado next summer...I'm sure they have some good fests out there though

AllyG47 Free tickets?! That's amazing!!! Good luck getting back into your exercise routine. I'm sure that will help a lot, and you'll feel better even if you don't reach your goal (but I still think you can do it!).

In related news, I tried on a couple of my skirts last night because of this discussion and they look way better than last year I have a pic in one of them from Father's Day, I think I'll try to do a before/after of that in the same skirt soon, because man I look...big in that pic. Also, down almost a pound this week. Doing really well with exercise this week. Still feeling bloated though, wtf. Maybe that means I'll have a woosh coming.

Last edited by nonameslob; 04-11-2014 at 09:16 AM.