Old 04-08-2014, 03:20 PM   #121  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

MauiKai im going to buy a sticker sheet and a book for my exerice too.
nonameslob Look at swimsuits dont be afriad to buy one you never know when an impromptu trip may pop up.
angelicus Everywhere i go theres normally a healthy option most are yummy
Riestrella japan must be beautiful this time of year im dying to visit.I normally hate mondays but i love them now that its weigh in day
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:57 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 187/187/128

Height: 5'5

MrsDeenz: Wow 10 weddings! Hopefully you can wear whatever beautiful dress you buy to at least another wedding. I do not enjoy dress shopping. lol

NoName: What do you usually eat on a "fast" day. I know you can have up to 500 calories, but I was wondering what your go-to's are.

MauKai: 10 pounds is AMAZING!! Congrats!

Angelicus: I usually try to eat something immediately before I go out with friends. Even if it's stopping to grab a few individual string cheese sticks from whatever store is closest. Makes me less anxious about ordering healthy off the menu.

I had a slip up last night. My SO bought me a box of gourmet hand-rolled chocolates. He's never done that sort of thing, and he said he was trying to put more effort into the "romance" part of the relationship. ( we've been together for 3 years). It was such a lovely gesture; I felt like I had to have a few. I should have had just one, but I had one of each kind, (I'm taste curious). Even worse, I had to lock the box in the small safe in our apartment, so I wouldn't be tempted!
Coffee4Dessert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:42 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I managed to walk 6 miles today in my hunt for dresses - I actually found two. I used to have a hard time finding even one in my size but this time it wasn't that hard because… *insert drum roll here* I'm DOWN a whole dress size! I'm so proud of myself.

I did come home and have a cheat meal for dinner but that's because I hadn't eaten anything all day so I could fit into the dresses. I'm making excuses for myself, I'm so bad.

Coffee4Dessert Aww that's so sweet of him! That's funny that you locked them away in a safe. I'm a "take-one-bite-and-let-him-finish-the-rest-or-throw-them-in-the-garbage" type of person. I don't have the willpower to "save it for later."

Last edited by MrsDeenz; 04-08-2014 at 06:43 PM.
MrsDeenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:11 PM   #124  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlesfirehawk View Post
MauiKai im going to buy a sticker sheet and a book for my exerice too.
I know it's a small thing but it helps me keep going because I have that tangible/visible symbol of "Look at what you've done! You CAN keep doing this!"
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:16 AM   #125  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Coffee4Dessert (love your name, btw!) - I only eat dinner on fast days and 99.9% of the time I make a grilled chicken salad. It's one of the healthier meals I can get my bf to eat, which is way easier than making two separate meals. If I deviate from that, it's usually some other combo of lean protein and veggies.

That is so sweet of your SO! Definitely difficult to avoid temptation. Good for you for locking them up eventually. Better than what I would have done haha

MrsDeenz
- that is AWESOME! Must have made dress shopping way more fun!

Did my first day of strength this week via a Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred video...cardio tonight and will probably just use hand weights at home on Thursday for my second day of strength. It's been surprisingly easy to stick to my exercise goals lately, this thread helps for sure. I want to have visible muscles the next time I put on a swimsuit!

Last edited by nonameslob; 04-09-2014 at 09:16 AM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:15 PM   #126  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee4Dessert View Post
MauiKai: 10 pounds is AMAZING!! Congrats!
Thanks...it's small though, and I am trying hard to enjoy that 10lbs are gone vs thinking about all the ones I have left to go!
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:11 AM   #127  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Hey guys!

This week has been good! I've been on a run and I did a strength workout despite almost quitting. Huzzah for last minute surges of energy to combat laziness! Today I had a treat, went to a chocolate cafe and had a slice of chocolate/marshmallow pizza with a milkshake. It's a famous place so I figured might as well, probably never going to go back!

I spent most of the day walking around the Imperial Palace in Tokyo, it was beautiful. So quiet too, it's so hard to find an empty corner in Tokyo so it was amazing. Was feeling pretty confident in my body today, think it was a combination of being ON IT this week with working out and wearing something I felt comfortable in =).

This weekend is my birthday, so tomorrow I'm going to go on a run before I celebrate in style! I won't worry at all about what I eat, it's ma burfday =D.

----

noname - If you are looking forward to taking a break from the 5:2 method surely that means it's not something you truly want to keep up forever? I'm a very firm believer in eating clean food and plenty of it! But I also believe whatever makes you happy as long as it's not harming yourself is important, so I can support the method if it's something that's not going to drive you crazy!

angelicus - Don't worry about the weight fluctuations, you know what went wrong just get back to normal! As for eating out, I know what you mean...I think it's a crime to go to a restaurant and order a salad!! Maybe that's because I'm very much a vegetable hater. My advice would be 1. enjoy your life and order what you want. 2. Don't feel you have to finish right then and there, you can take leftovers home. 3. Eat slowly, put down your utensils with every single bite. It sounds like a pain but it will really slow you down and you'll be surprised how early on in the meal you'll feel full. 4. Drink water no matter what! If you want a coke or a beer, order it with water. Always stay hydrated! Hope it helps!

skittles - Japan is gorgeous early April, I would highly recommend visiting this time of year. Summer is horrendous, way too humid!

Coffee - Aww, that's so sweet! Don't feel guilty, indulge!! I very much believe in TREAT YO' SELF! Especially if it's a gift =)

MrsD - CONGRATS ON SHRINKING! Epic!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:03 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/150

Riestrella Happy early birthday! I've never been to Max Brenners but we have one nearby and I've only heard good things. I'm glad you enjoyed

I completed my first mini-goal today and got excited and changed my ticker and all. I'm hoping that'll motivate me to keep moving in the right direction rather than backwards. This might be the first time I've ever completed a goal on 3FC in the 4 years I've been a member..
MrsDeenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:51 AM   #129  
Call me NNS!

Riestrella - It would be no different than taking a break from "clean eating" or any dietary restriction. It's easy, but it is still a restriction, one that does require scheduling to an extent (will be much, much easier at the maintenance level as it's just one day instead of two). I definitely also eat healthy, homemade foods as often as possible within this diet, too, and I think that's more what I look forward to breaking from! Sometimes food planning is just so exhausting!!!

Have a great birthday! It sounds like you planned really well to be able to enjoy it without guilt

MrsDeenz - Congratulations! That is fantastic!

---

I somehow made it to the gym after a 12 hour work day. I got there and my Nook was dead, and realized I had no headphones. Still had an awesome workout! I think packing a gym bag and putting it in the car with me really helped. Gonna try to do that more often, and get to the gym straight after work instead of going home first.

Last edited by nonameslob; 04-10-2014 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:06 AM   #130  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

So i went to the new york yankee game last night it was awesome and i ate what i wanted.My birthday is sunday and im going out for habachi.its also my tom so i dont think this week is going to spectacular.No gym for me im having leg pains all the time and the doctors are still trying to figure out whats going on and right now im waiting to get my test results back for lyme disease.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:12 PM   #131  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

I'm sure that I won't be anywhere near the top of the chart this week since everyone's making such great progress, but I just realized that this week's weigh puts me down 50 lbs since I started with 3FC. Excuse me while I go happy dance.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:15 PM   #132  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotaruchan View Post
I'm sure that I won't be anywhere near the top of the chart this week since everyone's making such great progress, but I just realized that this week's weigh puts me down 50 lbs since I started with 3FC. Excuse me while I go happy dance.
h3ll yea, go and dance!!!!! 50lbs down isn't something to sneeze at.

Last edited by amandie; 04-10-2014 at 04:15 PM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:25 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 189/166/147

Height: 5'7"

Another rough week. Husband had a surgery and I'm caring for him. Job is very stressful and done by best to keep up with my eating regimen. The result was that I went back to my weight at the start of the challenge. Hoping I can do something about this. I want a loss next week.
PostWeddingsmallsize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

So weighed in and I am at 209.9, am down roughly 4 lbs this week but I can't say I'm jumping for joy over it. I've been so busy I haven't really had time to eat properly. It's not easy being in school either and getting a totally balanced meal. I'm out at school working almost all day so it's hard to plan good snacks to take with me. And I've been so stressed I sometimes haven't had an appetite either. I hate weeks where I lose like this because I know the odds are pretty high of it all coming back when I start eating "normally" again and it's always a bummer to see the scale go up. (Usually results in a 10 lb set back when I go home to visit my parents.) And it's not as rewarding to know that the reason you're losing weight is because of lack of good eating, even though I've also recently gone gluten free and upped my physical activity. I guess we'll see how it goes this coming week. If anyone has any good suggestions on good portable snacks please let me know! Nuts are commonly recommended but I have a huge nut allergy, so that's a no go for me.

Last edited by levoguette; 04-11-2014 at 12:52 PM.
levoguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:04 PM   #135  
Call me NNS!

Hotaruchan wow, 50 pounds is awesome! Celebrate away!

PostWeddingsmallsize It's hard to keep in a routine when everything surrounding that routine is challenged..hope your husband is recouping well, and that you can get back to it.

levoguette I've been obsessed with these individual packets of hummus I found at Costo (16 for $5!). Hummus isn't exactly low cal, but it's great nutrition and I pair it with carrots and celery. Also, apple and peanut butter (I take the apple whole, and bring a knife to cut it up when I'm ready to eat it). I have a lunch box with a freezer pack that goes in the bottom to keep those things cool.

I'm sure since you've been more active and made some dietary changes that will make it easier to hang onto the weight you've lost, instead of gaining.

---

Planned more of our summer vacation last night. So excited! Can't wait to look skinnier and feel better by then It's definitely motivation.