Old 01-31-2014, 09:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

Default February Re-Start

Hi All,

I posted alot in this forum in 2011-2012. After hitting the lowest number I've ever seen in my adult life in the summer of 2012, I started gaining that fall and fell off the wagon. At the time life grew super crazy with grad school and career stress. Weight loss became less important and the pounds packed on. Despite a few false starts, I really haven't gotten much going since summer 2012.

I am making a commitment to dedicate myself to weight loss in February/March. The career stuff has slowed down and I feel like it is the right time to focus on my health. During my good stretch in 2012 I ran a half marathon and did 101 little weekend 5ks. I hope to be able to do a few races this summer (even if I need to walk most of it). Also now that the career stuff is going well, I want to start taking active vacations. I'm looking into a hiking trip in Costa Rica for the fall.

If anyone else wants to post with me in this thread, it would be great to have a buddy or 2. I need to stay very focused over the next 2 weeks in order to get over the "hump" so to speak.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 284/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Welcome back!

I was really active (under a different name) in 2010-2011 and fell off the wagon, lost the wagon, ate whatever was pulling the wagon and put all my weight back on and then some.

Stay focused and get over that two week hump!
VikingBride2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:16 PM   #3  

Thanks for the Support VikingBride2Be

I’m going to try and post some of my thoughts/plans in order to keep myself on track.

The big thing for me right now is doing enough food shopping and staying a few days ahead of my eating. Tomorrow I will go to the food store. I will buy dried chick peas and soak them over night and cook them Sunday morning. I will also buy enough vegetables to make 4 large salads (and other groceries). My next super market trip (after tomorrow) will be on Wednesday. I think a Wed/Sat shopping schecule will work well for me right now. I hope to eventually transition into a vegan diet (for Feb/March at least), but will use up the food I currently have slowly. I followed a whole foods vegan diet in 2012 and had a lot of success. I feel more comfortable with this plan because it worked for me in the past. I’m hoping to avoid caffeine and alcohol over this 2 month period.

Saturday Menu – Aiming for about 1200 calories
Drink only water
1 pound bag of baby carrots – 175 calories
2 light asian TV dinners (I need to use them up) – 660 calories
1 cup black beans – 180 calories
2 large apples – 200 calories
Total - 1215

Last edited by Scarlett; 01-31-2014 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:32 PM   #4  

Please humor me, I'm posting this stuff for myself more than anything at this point.
--------------------------------------------

It's 11:24 I'm drinking my last beer and ready to call this diet ON at midnight.

I just changed my desktop. I had the old one for the last 2 years and I thought of it more as career inspiration (even though the quote could be applied to anything). Last New Years I consciously decided to be a little less ambitious with my career goals this year in order to have more energy to devote to wt loss. I therefore decided to use this new desktop. I didn't start in January because the weather was insane and the time just wasn't right. I feel like February 1st is the right time for me.

New Desktop

Old Desktop

Last edited by Scarlett; 01-31-2014 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:24 AM   #5  
work hard and play hard!

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5'1

I just got active again and trying to fin ways to tackle this once and for all!!
sparklesgirl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:35 AM   #6  

I weighed myself this morning 239......YIKES.

I also updated my signature stuff.

actually I wasn't that surprised, I've been running in the low 230s and since I decided to restart on Feb 1st, I've been eating a bunch "while I can"...yes I know this is a "fat" mentality but I'm on the wagon.

I honestly believe that I can stay thin "once and for all". I've had good stretches in the past where my wt has been stable. My hope is that once I wrap up this career stuff, I'll have a stable job and a FULL WEEKEND again. If I make this a priority, I can keep it up.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/212

Height: 5'6

Hey Scarlett! So my good year was 2011 and everything since then has been so up and down. This is my restart month as well since my January 2014 kick off didn't really work out. I weighed in this AM at 244.4 which is a MAJOR YIKES for me because I've sworn I'd never be back here. Honestly, I hoping committing to goals on 3FC will be the boost I need to ride this out.
Best of Luck!!!!
~Faye
foreverfaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 247/231/150

Height: 5'6

Welcome Back Scarlett!!

I actually just started on this site but I have used others like it. I too am looking for some motivation and for something or someone to keep my accountable. I wish us all luck!!

I weighed in this morning at 231lbs and I've pretty much been there for like a year! I'm stuck!!

Also great idea changing your desktop background. I think I'm going to go do that right now

-Roxy

Last edited by RoxyDisaster; 02-01-2014 at 04:52 PM.
RoxyDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:14 PM   #9  

Hello Faye and Roxy

Hopefully this will be a successful restart month for all of us. For me personally, once I get going and find a good routine, I tend to do pretty good with eating. When I can ride out the first week or 2 and get all the bad stuff out of my system, I don’t crave it all that much. This is the best I've felt about “restarting” in awhile. During previous trys in the last 2 years I had a lot of stress in my life and it wasn't a priority. I know what it takes to lose weight and feel up to the task.

I made it though today so far with no withdrawal symptoms, though I tend to get headaches from the caffeine (nothing yet). I did crash for a long nap in the afternoon. My body is adjusting to getting less and different food. I also went food shopping and planned out my menu for tomorrow. Trying to stay on top of things.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:15 PM   #10  

I'm mostly through day 2. The headaches, sleepiness and feeling off are in full swing. Hopefully this will only last another day or 2.

I spent the morning chopping up salads for the week. My first inclination was to complete some program work before the salads, but I decided to make dieting a priority and do the salads first. The program work isn't due until Thursday night and it could wait. I'm trying to get back into the full swing diet mindset.