3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

Tall Twins to One-derland!

Old 02-13-2014, 12:03 PM   #106
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 276/264/135

Height: 5'10"

MarliQQ - bummer, lady! Everyone loses differently. Keep with it and you'll see your progress soon. Way to go staying under your calories even with pizza!

Paisleymama - CONGRATS on 25 pounds lost!!

thewalrus0 - you'll see the 220's before you know it!

I'm at 224 even today. I've been stuck losing 0.2 lbs a day - I know a loss is a loss and that's good, but this still kind of sucks!

merilung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:04 PM   #107
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Hello Twinz.

I had a great workout today, I had a few NSV's with some of the varied plank exercises I do pretty much daily. So !! I also managed to stay under my cals, even had sweet potato pie, yum yum. And the scale gave me a 223.9 today, but knowing me...225 tomorrow .

Paisleymama YAY! Our mini Twin 25 club!

thewalrus0 We have half of a month left and there are wooshes to be had.

25lbs Lost~(02/08/2014)***Onederland by June 24~(05/12/2014)***75lbs Lost~(09/05/2014)
No Longer "Overweight"(Incomplete)***100lbs Lost~(Incomplete)***Run 5.0mph~(Complete)

"One small crack does not mean that you are broken,
it means that you were put to the test and you didn't fall apart."
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:17 PM   #108

S/C/G: 243/seeticker/170

Height: 5'11

Hi twinzles!

I have rad everybody's updates the past couple of days (I have been snowed, literally, with work and homework so I haven't had time to be on here much) and I'm happy to see everybody's support for one another! Losing weight is hard and to the chick (tehe) that just restarted your weight loss (well there's two of you actually?) Good luck!! I'm proud of both of you for even beginning the stages toward getting into it!

Soooo what have I been up to.. well I have made it into the gym 3 times so far this week even though I've worked almost 20 hours and I have 16 hours of school. (I'm procrastinating on a history paper as I write this...) I like to stay on the elliptical for 60 minutes doing the interval program and then I sometimes lift a few weights but it depends on the day. Today, I did my elliptical time and then I got onto a stationary bike to watch Judge Judy lol. I also stretch my limbs for at LEAST 5 minutes after every workout. It refreshes my muscles so that my next day is not just miserable to handle. And I think, as tall women, it's especially important (if not annoying because who wants to reach all the way down toward their ankles to hold a position for 45 seconds?) for us to do it. Longer limbs = more maintenance, unfortunately.

In other newsss my mom and I just ordered our medifast packages and they should be arriving in the mail in a couple of days. You guys... I'M SO EXCITED! I've been working really hard the past two weeks to force myself to choose healthier options when eating out, staying under my cals for the day, and just generally eating smaller portions (along with a huge breakfast, that really helps you feel full throughout the day). I also have jumped the gun on the 'lean & green' part of the plan and have been pretty consistent with cooking lean meats (which I have recently begun frying in coconut oil omg delicious) and having handfuls of kale when I get home from school at night and before going to work.

I don't look forward to weighing in this week because my TOM is here (which in and of itself is very strange because I'm on birth control that pretty much halted that for a good 8 months until 2 months ago...) so I bet I will be heavier than I was last week. Grr nature.

I hope you all finish out your week strong and healthily as well as get some relaxation in!
paigeinabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:51 AM   #109
dirty labour daughter

Way to go on the workouts, paigeinabook and MarliQQ!!

I'm up to 228 today after two bad days, hopefully mostly water weight. My bikram weight loss challenge starts today, so I'm nervous/excited to weigh in and start a 4+ times a week practice!

Old 02-15-2014, 09:00 PM   #110
"Evolution Required"

Hi Twinzies!!!

I hope you all had wonderful Valentine's celebrations !!
I was under my cals today and did work out, but this is about the funk I am in. I am beyond the point where I give myself much of a choice as to whether I forgo working out or not, but that doesn't mean that lately my motivation levels aren't prone to wane at times. I guess I am waiting for that moment when I am excited to workout, and it isn't happening. So I am going to look into some future workout routines that will make me excited to workout, since I don't see me ever becoming a gym rat .

merilung How hard is Bikram??

paigeinabook WOW, I re-read that and it still seems like wrong. 8 months??!! Is that normal for some people to not have TOM that long? Oh, and keep us updated on how the medifast works .

25lbs Lost~(02/08/2014)***Onederland by June 24~(05/12/2014)***75lbs Lost~(09/05/2014)
No Longer "Overweight"(Incomplete)***100lbs Lost~(Incomplete)***Run 5.0mph~(Complete)

Old 02-15-2014, 09:21 PM   #111
dirty labour daughter

MarliQQ - Today it was hard beyond hard. I felt very, very sick and spent a lot of the class sitting down and trying not to puke. I was extremely tired afterwards and very disappointed with myself most of the day. I've committed to doing Bikram at least 4x's a week for 3 months, so I'll keep you updated! I will say that I did it 4-5 times in 2011 and it was not THIS hard then, even though I still found it very difficult. I suspect I was too dehydrated/sleep deprived going into the class, so I'm going to try and take better care of everything and hope my adjustment period is quick!

On the plus side, we had our measurements taken at the beginning of the day for the challenge and I've lost 10" off my waist in the last year!

Old 02-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #112
"Evolution Required"

Hello Twinnies!

I had a pretty good day, managed to stay under cals, and had a great workout . I feel like I really burned some cals. I have been thinking about taking a day off from exercising, but I keep feeling as if I allow that to happen the world is gonna end tomorrow when I step on the scale the next day .
Anywho, I learned through MFP that there is a site called The Hacker's Diet. Don't particularly care too much about the method, but it has been fun plugging in my weights and getting back data. It gives you that typical weight loss graph, but what I like is that it estimates your daily calorie deficit, averages your loss, and calculates a weight loss trend. So yeah, it puts the geek in your weight loss. I am going to stick with it, I want to know how accurate it can be, I find that the more data I log, the better output it gives.

merilung Congratulations on losing 10 INCHES!!!
And I asked about Bikram, because it looks hard, lol, I bet you will get better the second time around. You know our bodies, initially, they feign shock with new routines, but get into the swing of things fairly quickly just after.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:48 PM   #113

S/C/G: 228/*ticker*/150

The weekend was appalling. Spending today flushing out the sodium and getting in a lot of greens! Weighing in on Wednesday, hoping to be a smidge away from onederland.

thewalrus0 - Wow, 61lbs, thats awesome!
merilung - I hope you're feeling better today & see a big loss soon! I weigh once/twice a week because I can't stand looking at the little fluctuations.
MarliQQ - Oh pumpkin pie, delish! Great job with the workouts. Stick with them as much as you can, I slipped up after a great run and I'm still struggling to get back into the routine. I'll also check out the site, I find I do better with more accountability and knowledge

Restarted weight loss journey after reaching my highest weight ever - Nov 12 2013

- 10lbs - Dec 6 2013
-20lbs - Jan 15 2014
- 30lbs & Onederland- March 10 2014
- Overweight BMI- March 11 2014
Adjusted short term goal - weigh 175lbs by June 2014
Paisleymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:53 PM   #114

MarliQQ I am on a birth control called nexplanon that has different affects for every girl that is on it but for me, I didn't have a period from the end of March until Christmas last year. And then I skipped another month and here it is again......

I also don't know too much about weight gain and nexplanon but I honestly don't think it has caused me to gain any weight. It's a birth control implant that lasts for 3 years and it is incredibly convenient and for me, I know I could not do any other form of birth control because I have a significant heart problem that when my hormones are affected by birth control, causes me to have TIAs (transient ischemic attacks, or miniature-like strokes).

I'm doing super well right now, I lost a pound after last week even though I ate out 3 times this past weekend (I overcompensated by going to the gym both Sat and Sun though). And my medifast shipments are coming in on Tuesday so I should be starting on Wednesday (although it makes me sad I have to forgo my workouts for a couple of weeks...)

I hope that everyone has an AMAZING week!!
Old 02-17-2014, 08:14 PM   #115
"Evolution Required"

Hey Twinnie Twins!

So I saw 223.7 on the scale today, kind of getting impatient and would like to stick with 223. I mean at this point, I would like to see any movement on the scale, even if it is only a .1 difference, just no more 224 .
I worked out today, even though it was accompanied by some feet dragging. I also was over my calories today, miniscule amount, but it's still over. You know what the funny thing is? When I first started counting calories, or I should say restricting, it seemed like I would always be hungry. Now I find myself much easily able to work my meals into a plan, and actually be satisfied--and full! Now I feel like what I was eating before was pure gluttony . I mean I could "put away" some food if it was good enough .

Paisleymama Me and sodium are real close . We shouldn't be, but we are. I go over my daily allotted sodium level pretty regularly according to MFP, and not because I'm adding a lot of salt--or really any at all most days. I just tend to eat a lot of processed foods, and honestly it is not something I feel like tackling .

paigeinabook I envy you . News Flash--since I first got a TOM, it has never given me a month off. I need me some "magic" birth control too, TOM and I talked about it, we would both like some time apart, but he said it would require me to be preggo, and I was like , and then he told me my other choice--Menopause--so I told him to rocks...Needless to say, he said I'll still see you in 2 weeks.

Last edited by MarliQQ : 02-17-2014 at 11:12 PM. Reason: had to correct my weight
Old 02-17-2014, 11:15 PM   #116

S/C/G: 228/*ticker*/150

OMG I'm 0.6 lbs away from Onederland as of this morning. I'm going to be super good until the end of the week
I'm waaaay under on my salt but on par, sometimes over a smidge on sugar, even if it's from fruit and whatnot. I would be guilty of eating processed foods if they were readily available here but they aren't so I've had to work really hard on prepping meals for the week that are relatively fresh and clean. What's your MFP username, MarliQQ?

Restarted weight loss journey after reaching my highest weight ever - Nov 12 2013

- 10lbs - Dec 6 2013
-20lbs - Jan 15 2014
- 30lbs & Onederland- March 10 2014
- Overweight BMI- March 11 2014
Adjusted short term goal - weigh 175lbs by June 2014
Paisleymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:14 PM   #117
Piseag beag boidheach

Height: 1.79

Didn't have a good start of my diet, and I think I have actually gained a bit of weight Week was a bit hectic and stressful, but it seems I will be able to get on track, finally. Won't be able to start the gym until March, though, as we are extremely short in money due to unexpected circumstances. However, I noticed that there are quite a few people running or walking at 8 am, when my husband leaves for work, so I think I will do some walking until I can afford the gym.

Teacher2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:10 PM   #118
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/150

Hi everyone!

I've been having such a crazy week!

I haven't lost but I haven't gained either, and that's fine because I didn't expect to get to 235lbs so quickly this month anyways.

With midterms and papers and tests around the corner I'm kind of freaking out but I think once spring break hits I'll actually have a chance to breathe.

I'm sick too.

I'm also having kind of a hard time lately with living at my parents. I love them and they love me but I can hardly have friends over or do anything and our schedules are always so different.

I would love to have my own place but that's just one more expense and I'm barely paying for anything right now, just college.

thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:06 AM   #119
More food, less me!

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Hey gals!

I'm sorry I've been so very MIA lately, new job is craziness, and I've slipped up a couple times... But I have to push on!

Here's my problem. The (explitive) scale is not on my side at ALL, and I don't feel an ounce smaller... Basically, I'm worse than at a standstill, I've gained some. And I'm having a lot of trouble not beating myself up over it.

The terrible weather in this state isn't helping my motivation at all. I don't know what to do with myself...

So on that note, if you'd be so kind as to explain to me why I'm doing this again... Because I feel like a failure... know I'd appreciate it. I need a push.

whollyhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:12 PM   #120

whollyhick just remember that this journey toward weight loss is an incredibly rewarding experience which unfortunately brings with it the opposite of that rewarding feeling.... failure. But you WILL get through this mid-February slump you are in. Jobs are such interesting lifestyle changes and you just have to work to get your path toward healthfulness in line with our job habits. You can do it!!
Teacher2b I wouldn't have any money to afford a gym if I weren't spending so much on my school already (fees go into tuition payments). But walking is a great start! Even just 30 minutes a day is better than no minutes a day.

As for me, I am sitting at Day 1 of Medifast-Take Shape for Life and I am already predicting having a tough time with getting through the next few days. It helps knowing I will have *real* food tonight but I am just soo0o0ooo tired. Then again, I made myself wake up at 8 to start my meals after having worked until 3am this morning. I need to get a handle on my sleep schedule but it is so tough when I go to school all day long and only have time to work into the early hours of the morning...
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.